Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 06:35:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 227950 times)
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #360 on: October 21, 2007, 05:17:05 AM »

When is this book supposed to be released anyways? Tongue

I've read about quite a few dates, but none seems to be the "official" one...

I'm in the UK and on the previous page of this thread, you can see my little review Smiley  I have had it since yesterday.

How did you get it then?  According to Waterstones (who I have ?15 worth of voucher for...how convenient..) it isn't out until 29/10. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #361 on: October 21, 2007, 05:23:53 AM »

A quick check of Amazon.co.uk shows that it is in stock. I just bought it - it will be posted on Tuesday. Hurrah!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #362 on: October 21, 2007, 07:50:53 AM »

^ why are YOU constantly trying to argue?
seriously, is it only because you're desperately trying to become close friends with Jarmo?

i'm not trying to argue and i'm not kissing jarmo's ass. i'm seriously curious why some of you hardcore slash fans who clearly don't like GnR anymore are still coming here? That includes you. It has nothing to do with jarmo.

that includes me? ok, if you say Im not a GNR fan, that must be true. Roll Eyes
it's just you people want GNR fans to be blind followers and not like anything that is not on the good side of GNR.
Im quite sure most of the people you and your leaders are constantly attacking are actually GNR fans, who are not trying to bury the past and know how to appreciate the past as well as the current.
of course you are probably right to some degree. maybe 5% actually don't like GNR, but I don't know anyone on this forum who's not a GNR fan. (yeah, includes any variety of GNR).

and don't give me a mouthload of bullshit saying you're not trying to argue. as far as I (and anyone else but you and Jarmo) see, that's all you do in this section. either that or you're just a completely absolutely horrible human being! which one is it?
and yeah, you do kiss Jarmo's ass, you follow him around in the VR section like a horny dog backing up every thing he posts by saying the exact same thing as he did, and complement him on his "awesome" points. anything to get on the boss' good side, huh?

why don't you wake up and smell the fucking coffee? hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #363 on: October 21, 2007, 09:16:22 AM »

That's exactly why were here. A lot of of that post here that Jarmo dislikes are fans of GNR (past, present, and future). Most of us don't want to see the old or the new GNR getting trash talked for no reason. Now we all know that Jarmo feels he has to trash talk the old guys because he thinks that will get him closer to Axl, but who the fuck cares dude. You can sell your soul we don't need to. I and probably several others speak up when Axl hating occurs on the VRs boards I visit. I can understand and respect that this site is more dedicated to the current GNR lineup, but that doesn't mean you need to talk shit about what happened in the past or what past members are doing now either. In the same token, it doesn't mean you need to love them or own all of Gilby's CDs as Jarmo says.

The reason I don't post in the GNR section, I'll answer that again. Right now I have nothing to talk about there. GNR have no come around my area in some time so I have not seen a recent concert and there is no album to talk about either. Once one of those two occur I will post in the GNR section. I post here because what is happening isn't right. Someone is using this board for their own agenda, and yes he will have some mindless followers who aren't objective (I'm using this word by it's true definition not the made up one you said for a newspaper reporter). And yes it is very true that all of this arguing and discussion will probably end up going nowhere because puppets can't think and speak for themselves.
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #364 on: October 21, 2007, 09:32:56 AM »

Someone lock or delete this thread so we can start a proper discussion about this book!  This is fucking childish and ludicrous!  Wasted thread!!!

rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  rant  crying

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #365 on: October 21, 2007, 09:34:52 AM »

... because puppets can't think and speak for themselves.

Apart from Pinocchio, who became a real boy.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #366 on: October 21, 2007, 10:33:17 AM »

That's exactly why were here. A lot of of that post here that Jarmo dislikes are fans of GNR (past, present, and future).

Yeah, unlike you I don't like everybody.  Embarrassed

But you're better than me. You already made that clear.

Now we all know that Jarmo feels he has to trash talk the old guys

Prove it!

As I said, I point out things I think are misinformation and bullshit. They talk about GN'R, expect GN'R fans to object.

Pretty simple logic.

because he thinks that will get him closer to Axl, but who the fuck cares dude.

Prove this please.  ok

You can sell your soul we don't need to. I and probably several others speak up when Axl hating occurs on the VRs boards I visit. I can understand and respect that this site is more dedicated to the current GNR lineup, but that doesn't mean you need to talk shit about what happened in the past or what past members are doing now either. In the same token, it doesn't mean you need to love them or own all of Gilby's CDs as Jarmo says.

Did I talk shit?

Show me the proof.

Did I make comments about Slash's appearance? Who he's married to or anything like that?

Unlike the former members, I never discredited anybody's input in GN'R.

I've posted some attendance figures for the tour, I commented on the songs and pointed out how Slash's story changes over time.

Those are all either facts or just an opinion of a GN'R fan.

You don't seem to like that for some reason.

The ones who talk shit are the ones who claim Slash tells the truth.  hihi

I'd be happy if you could prove your bullshit claims before you make new ones.

Nothing you say is true, but I'm sure a good person like you can stand behind everything you said and show me the proof.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #367 on: October 21, 2007, 10:53:07 AM »

It is true Slash has changed his story, so has every other member, that's life. You yourself changed your attitude towards VR, does that mean you changed your story? As for some of the other things I've said, you are right there is no hard proof of that, but it has been mention by several different people several different times, and most of us knows there is some truth in that. And you know what if you like being a puppet that's cool, all the power to you. I'm glad you found something that makes you happy.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #368 on: October 21, 2007, 11:01:32 AM »

It is true Slash has changed his story, so has every other member, that's life. You yourself changed your attitude towards VR, does that mean you changed your story?

My opinion changed, not my story.

I guess Slash's opinion on what really happened changed over the years.  hihi

As for some of the other things I've said, you are right there is no hard proof of that, but it has been mention by several different people several different times, and most of us knows there is some truth in that.

So let me get this straight, a few people who never had any kind of contact with me are making shit up, and that has to be true?

rofl

I thought you were a better person than me.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #369 on: October 21, 2007, 12:42:54 PM »

It is true Slash has changed his story, so has every other member, that's life. You yourself changed your attitude towards VR, does that mean you changed your story?

My opinion changed, not my story.

I guess Slash's opinion on what really happened changed over the years.  hihi

Maybe what happened in the past changes with the years. or everytime he opens his mouth.
how surreal.

seriously, is it only because you're desperately trying to become close friends with Jarmo?

are you posting from a nursery? Undecided
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #370 on: October 21, 2007, 02:41:25 PM »

nursery? no, not a nursery. thanks for the slow witted concern though Kiss

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #371 on: October 21, 2007, 03:56:41 PM »

it wasn't a concern or a wit but a simple question. kindergarteners would think that way. Maybe lower graders would too.....or
idea Damn, you're right, I was so slow! You're jealous of Jim Bob.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #372 on: October 21, 2007, 04:04:33 PM »

it wasn't a concern or a wit but a simple question. kindergarteners would think that way. Maybe lower graders would too.....or
idea Damn, you're right, I was so slow! You're jealous of Jim Bob.

you're going places! yes
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 10:07:15 AM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #373 on: October 21, 2007, 06:06:29 PM »

This thread is an example of why I left to go and use other forums ... I'm only checking back here occassionally....

which is a shame.  When it started out, this forum rocked.  I loved it.  I'm so saddened by this.

Slash, Axl, VR, GnR... fans ... fans... tut.  What a fucking joke.  This board should be full of people discussing... not arguing like little whiney fucking bitches.

I really wish everyone was able to appreciate every aspect of this band, old and new.  I mean, sure we have our preferences.  But just because I don't like Robin's playing, doesn't mean I take pot shots at every fucking thread relating to him!

I don't give a fuck about this stupid fucking argument you lot are having.  This thread is supposed to be about a fucking book, and it's turned into a playground argument.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #374 on: October 21, 2007, 10:11:19 PM »

When is this book supposed to be released anyways? Tongue

I've read about quite a few dates, but none seems to be the "official" one...

According to HarperCollins the date is still October 30th but it seems that some are getting it early.

http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9780061351426/Slash/index.aspx

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
elmir
VIP

« Reply #375 on: October 23, 2007, 01:26:58 PM »

I was able to order mine from Amazon UK.....its been shipped apparently, and i should be getting it in a few days.....sweet.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #376 on: October 23, 2007, 08:12:07 PM »

This thread is an example of why I left to go and use other forums ... I'm only checking back here occassionally....

which is a shame.? When it started out, this forum rocked.? I loved it.? I'm so saddened by this.

Slash, Axl, VR, GnR... fans ... fans... tut.? What a fucking joke.? This board should be full of people discussing... not arguing like little whiney fucking bitches.

I really wish everyone was able to appreciate every aspect of this band, old and new.? I mean, sure we have our preferences.? But just because I don't like Robin's playing, doesn't mean I take pot shots at every fucking thread relating to him!

I don't give a fuck about this stupid fucking argument you lot are having.? This thread is supposed to be about a fucking book, and it's turned into a playground argument.

AfukinMen....I'v never anticipated a book so much in my life!!! Its going to be great!!! I keep calling Chapters book store to see if they have it in,  but its on order and can arrive any day apperantly.
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #377 on: October 23, 2007, 09:29:29 PM »

really cool ok

http://www.harpercollins.com/services/browseinside/browseinside.aspx?isbn=9780061351426&WT.mc_id=biHTMLWidgetfb6addc0-282c-4598-a4aa-ad7167332e67

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
darkdays_01
« Reply #378 on: October 23, 2007, 09:55:04 PM »

I cannot wait to read this book. When is the release date ?
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #379 on: October 23, 2007, 10:52:53 PM »

october 30!!!! peace

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: