Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 08:40:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 228030 times)
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #340 on: October 20, 2007, 04:19:24 PM »

I don't need to assume, it's pretty clear you have a hate on for VR fans. Why do you spend so much time in this section of the board. Do you get wood or something everytime you insult VR or start an argument with a VR fan? Do you not have anything better to do with your time than spend all of it arguing with  several people here. Get yourself a girlfriend or a blow up doll or something.

I find that really sad that you say you're not objective, you're fans. All members of VR and GNR aren't my role models. Sure I love the way Slash plays guitar and I wish I could sing like Axl but do I want to be them or life my life like them, fuck no. I have my own life and I'm quite happy with it.

This shuld be a site to express your excitement if you go to a GNR show or a VR show or any other band. In case you didn't notice there are different sections you made on the board. Someone should have the right to say "you know what I didn't think it was their best performance tonight" and that's fine. To say Axl sucks and can't sing, nope I agree with you there. I don't see what the point of having a site where you only worship and like one band and can't expand your likes. A site where other sections are created so you can communicate your dislike for their music. Then again I'm not one of those obsessive fans that will not be objective. I would sure as hell hope most fans here are objective and not mindless followers like you imply. If that's the type of people you want posting here, I myself am not one of those people and never will be.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #341 on: October 20, 2007, 05:20:26 PM »

I don't need to assume, it's pretty clear you have a hate on for VR fans.

I don't hate Falcon.  Cheesy

Why do you spend so much time in this section of the board.

Because I see a lot of misinformation being spread from the members of that band and their fans.

Do you get wood or something everytime you insult VR or start an argument with a VR fan? Do you not have anything better to do with your time than spend all of it arguing with  several people here. Get yourself a girlfriend or a blow up doll or something.

That's funny. Cheesy

This is from the guy who's better than me. Cheesy

The same guy who gets offended because I insult "everybody".  hihi

And no, I don't want to borrow your Scott Weiland in silver pants blow up doll.  You can keep it. Kiss

I find that really sad that you say you're not objective, you're fans. All members of VR and GNR aren't my role models. Sure I love the way Slash plays guitar and I wish I could sing like Axl but do I want to be them or life my life like them, fuck no. I have my own life and I'm quite happy with it.

I didn't say they were my role models did I?

Damn, I expected a person with your impressive comprehension skills to notice. Cheesy

This shuld be a site to express your excitement if you go to a GNR show or a VR show or any other band.

I thought you told me it's up to me to decide how to run this site and here you go giving me orders again.

How many people are using your account?

In case you didn't notice there are different sections you made on the board.

I did notice. Thanks for reminding me! Cheesy

Someone should have the right to say "you know what I didn't think it was their best performance tonight" and that's fine. To say Axl sucks and can't sing, nope I agree with you there. I don't see what the point of having a site where you only worship and like one band and can't expand your likes.

Once again, nowhere did I say you have to limit yourself to one band.

I only said I don't expect you to like anything else than the current GN'R if you post here.

In your case, I'm kinda puzzled by the fact that you've posted once in the GN'R section since you registered. The rest of your posts are in this section.....

A site where other sections are created so you can communicate your dislike for their music. Then again I'm not one of those obsessive fans that will not be objective. I would sure as hell hope most fans here are objective and not mindless followers like you imply. If that's the type of people you want posting here, I myself am not one of those people and never will be.

I know you're not the kind of person I want posting here. It's been apparent to me for quite some time! Cheesy

I didn't even say people were mindless followers!

That's just one of the phrases the people who I don't welcome here use to describe GN'R fans who are passionate, loyal and supportive.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #342 on: October 20, 2007, 06:04:26 PM »

You said "We're not objective. We're fans." I guess you don't really know what that means. It means it doesn't matter what the band does your fans regardless. This implies that you would be a mindless follower, if you're a mindless follower usually the people you would admire are called role models. I guess english isn't your first language so I should try and be more understanding.

And as for the blow-up doll well no thanks, I prefer females (I don't know what sex you prefer you seem to like talking about Scott and his pants). I also have a wife so I don't need one anyways. Plus I have other hobbies so this site is not everything to me as it is to you. As for the posting, you are right I just have posted once in the GNR section, I just became a posting member in the last year. I'll probably post more in that section when there is something for me to talk about like a new album or if I see them in concert again, they haven't been in Eastern Canada in a while. Before that I just came to this site and read the news. I just got tired of the way you operated and decided to say something and here we are.

By the way since we are into english lessons today saying "I only said I don't expect you to like anything else than the current GN'R if you post here" mean that in fact you can only like the current GNR lineup and don't like any other music including the GNR from 1985-1996, so you are in fact contradicting yourself.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #343 on: October 20, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »

You said "We're not objective. We're fans." I guess you don't really know what that means. It means it doesn't matter what the band does your fans regardless. This implies that you would be a mindless follower, if you're a mindless follower usually the people you would admire are called role models. I guess english isn't your first language so I should try and be more understanding.

No, it means we're not working for some paper and required to be "objective". Therefore enthusiastic posts aren't frowned upon by people who think being objective is cool.

Nobody should go to a FAN site and expect objectivity.

You're just using your impressive comprehension skills to fit your own agenda.  Cheesy

And as for the blow-up doll well no thanks, I prefer females

Well, you're the one who brought the dolls up in the first place!

I don't know what they got to do with the Slash book..... Hey, look, I can play your game of "let's pretend this isn't off topic".

(I don't know what sex you prefer you seem to like talking about Scott and his pants).

And you're talking about Axl's shorts....

What's your point?  hihi

I also have a wife so I don't need one anyways.

Congratulations!

Plus I have other hobbies so this site is not everything to me as it is to you.

Yes, it means a bit more to me since I've spent my own time on building it and making sure some idiots won't ruin it.  Smiley

As for the posting, you are right I just have posted once in the GNR section, I just became a posting member in the last year. I'll probably post more in that section when there is something for me to talk about like a new album or if I see them in concert again, they haven't been in Eastern Canada in a while. Before that I just came to this site and read the news. I just got tired of the way you operated and decided to say something and here we are.

Thanks for your great help in improving this site!

Cheesy

By the way since we are into english lessons today saying "I only said I don't expect you to like anything else than the current GN'R if you post here" mean that in fact you can only like the current GNR lineup and don't like any other music including the GNR from 1985-1996, so you are in fact contradicting yourself.

How am I contraction myself you friendly Canuck you?

I like the old band too.

I'd say most of our members do.  Cheesy

But I don't need to cater to those who only like the old band and who say stupid shit like "This isn't GN'R" day after day.

Haven't I explained that already?

Didn't I spell it out for you a few times already? You can like men, Scott's pants, Pepsi, the Backstreet Boys, wrestling, walking in the forest and Britney's movies, I don't care. AS LONG AS YOU'RE HERE BECAUSE YOU LIKE THE CURRENT GN'R.

More English lessons please!

What'll the next lesson be aboot eh?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #344 on: October 20, 2007, 07:09:14 PM »

How did you contradict yourself? Ok, read what you said again and think about what it means "I only said I don't expect you to like anything else than the current GN'R if you post here". This mean you are ONLY allowed to like the current GNR lineup and nothing else, or were you using this in a different way like you used the word objective. I'm starting to realize there is a bit of a communication barrier with you. Perhaps that may explain why you're the way you are because you don't always understand what others write and you have trouble communicating what you want to say.
mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #345 on: October 20, 2007, 07:27:38 PM »

I guess we all should start a cult to worship the ground the new guys and Axl walk on. Cause some seem to think that is the only way to be a fan.  Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #346 on: October 20, 2007, 07:41:39 PM »

How did you contradict yourself? Ok, read what you said again and think about what it means "I only said I don't expect you to like anything else than the current GN'R if you post here". This mean you are ONLY allowed to like the current GNR lineup and nothing else,

Ok, let me rephrase that for you since you don't follow my examples and get hung up on the sentence:

I don't expect you to be fan of any other bands/artists other than the current GN'R. Whatever you like besides the band this site is dedicated to, I don't care about and it's beside the point.

I don't expect you to own all of Gilby's albums and love them to post here.

Do you understand now?

or were you using this in a different way like you used the word objective. I'm starting to realize there is a bit of a communication barrier with you. Perhaps that may explain why you're the way you are because you don't always understand what others write and you have trouble communicating what you want to say.

Sure. I don't always understand what you're talking about because it makes no fucking sense to me.

Like your wish that people here should be VR fans...

You lie and then when I show you proof that you're talking bullshit you just ignore it.

Are you gonna apologize soon for saying I hate the VR fans?

I don't hate anybody. I dislike a certain group of individuals who's idea of fun and "freedom of speech" is to try to ruin something that I and others have spent our free time on building for a while.

I guess we all should start a cult to worship the ground the new guys and Axl walk on. Cause some seem to think that is the only way to be a fan.  Roll Eyes

Well, well.... Somebody didn't pay attention and surprise surprise, that person posts in the VR section.

/jarmo

mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #347 on: October 20, 2007, 07:46:18 PM »

Well ... well , I guess that is one of the many post that have went right over your head.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #348 on: October 20, 2007, 07:53:47 PM »

Well ... well , I guess that is one of the many post that have went right over your head.

It did?

I mean, if you actually read anything I said, it would be clear that your idea of a funny ost has been dealt with already.

But no, you just don't wanna spend time reading. It's more fun to assume and post the same old "let's all be in a mindless cult" thing isn't it?

I would also like to point out that the VR fans are constantly attacking me and how this site is ran in the section dedicated to their favorite band.

One of these VR fans actually pointed out there's different sections on this board.

No shit!

But back to the "topic". Me = bad, VR fans = good and smart and beautiful and intelligent and the best!

/jarmo

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #349 on: October 20, 2007, 08:16:02 PM »

But back to the "topic". Me = bad, VR fans = good and smart and beautiful and intelligent and the best!

/jarmo

Im very glad you're starting to realize this Wink

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #350 on: October 20, 2007, 08:21:43 PM »

monkey, i dont understand.. help me here..

so you've only made ONE post in the GnR section, and it had nothing to do with GnR.   you come here to talk about Velvet Revolver?     

Dude this isn't a VR board.  You can't change it into one.  Why do you come here?   Why are you constantly trying to argue?   I have yet to see someone do what you are doing right now with Jarmo and come out ahead.    you cannot win here.   you are fighting for something that is a lost cause and its pointless.   there are other GnR forums where more people love VR, and VR even has their own boards.   
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #351 on: October 20, 2007, 08:38:56 PM »

^ why are YOU constantly trying to argue?
seriously, is it only because you're desperately trying to become close friends with Jarmo?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #352 on: October 20, 2007, 08:52:19 PM »

personnaly i don't try to become close friends with Jarmo but i think he has a lot of patience with a bunch of morons  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #353 on: October 20, 2007, 09:01:39 PM »

It did?

I mean, if you actually read anything I said, it would be clear that your idea of a funny ost has been dealt with already.

But no, you just don't wanna spend time reading. It's more fun to assume and post the same old "let's all be in a mindless cult" thing isn't it?

I would also like to point out that the VR fans are constantly attacking me and how this site is ran in the section dedicated to their favorite band.

One of these VR fans actually pointed out there's different sections on this board.

No shit!

/jarmo

Yeah you did miss the point . it was being sarcastic. Though I do find the notion that To be a fan means you aren't objective.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #354 on: October 20, 2007, 09:06:28 PM »

Yeah you did miss the point . it was being sarcastic. Though I do find the notion that To be a fan means you aren't objective.

It was very funny. Congratulations.

No, I didn't say a fan can't be objective.

I'm saying, don't expect a fan site to be objective or expect this site to be objective.

How can you claim to be totally objective when you're dealing with something that is special to you?

Some seem to think that they have to find faults in GN'R and point fingers all the time.

That's their definition of being a fan.

I guess some of them are even trying too hard to find faults just to find them.

If I wanna read that kind of opinions, I can read the newspapers. Those are filled with pretentious assholes who think they're "objective".

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 09:13:24 PM by jarmo » Logged

SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #355 on: October 20, 2007, 09:12:10 PM »

Ok, drop the shit guys ... you're all acting like kids ...

Jarmo AND the others!

Cheesy hehe

Ok, so I got the book in the post yesterday and I gotta say ... I'm SO fucking happy with it.  Great quality cover, binding etc ... very nice presentation.  Very rock n roll Wink

Words... there's a fair amount Smiley It's not some big lettered quick fire book ... this one is a good few hours read.

I've started and couldn't put it down.  I was forced into leaving to go to a club so I couldn't read any more than I did.  But I'm up to the late teens part of the book.  Very interesting, and a great insight into Slash as a teenager.  This isn't mindless reading though... it's a great source of information as to how he became the man/guitar player he is.  It's just brilliant.

Anthony and Slash have put together a book that, so far at least, is riveting and fun.  It's every Slash fan's ultimate information source.  So far, I haven't read a single line that could be classed as contrived, or bullshit.

This book is something every Slash fan should own.  And so far, I am reading a book that even non Slash fans could appreciate.

Smiley  Hope this mini review (of how I'm getting on so far) is helpful Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #356 on: October 20, 2007, 09:17:43 PM »

So, it's just fans on here that aren't supposed to objective.

Reading a fans thoughts on something is a lot diffrent then reading some crap in the newspaper.   

Hell this is a stupid thing to argue about . Lets all just go to the bar. ok
CSS
« Reply #357 on: October 20, 2007, 09:25:07 PM »

When is this book supposed to be released anyways? Tongue

I've read about quite a few dates, but none seems to be the "official" one...
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #358 on: October 20, 2007, 09:27:24 PM »

When is this book supposed to be released anyways? Tongue

I've read about quite a few dates, but none seems to be the "official" one...

I'm in the UK and on the previous page of this thread, you can see my little review Smiley  I have had it since yesterday.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #359 on: October 20, 2007, 11:19:38 PM »

^ why are YOU constantly trying to argue?
seriously, is it only because you're desperately trying to become close friends with Jarmo?

i'm not trying to argue and i'm not kissing jarmo's ass.    i'm seriously curious why some of you hardcore slash fans who clearly don't like GnR anymore are still coming here?   That includes you.  It has nothing to do with jarmo.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: