Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 08:40:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 228029 times)
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #320 on: October 20, 2007, 07:05:57 AM »

This is exactly what I mean, read what you said. You're calling me a miserable whiny bastard and saying I don't like the band. How many times do I have to tell you that you're making this shit up. I never did once say that. You think as webmaster of this board you would want to be a little more credible, but I guess the word credibility isn't in your vocabulary. You come here and trash VR members and threaten to ban someone cause they made a joke at your expense and I called you on it how do that equal a whiny GNR hating bastard? I do the same thing to Axl haters on a few VR boards I visit now and then. There is no reason to bash VR members or Axl. All of these people are amazing musicans but all of them also have their faults. Slash, Duff, Scoot, Matt none of them are perfect, I agree but neither is Axl. So why is it every topic has to turn to a VR vs GNR topic. Can't we let this go and talk about the topic at hand? Slash's book. Speaking of books, was Izzy writting one at some point in time or was it just a biography by someone else? Did anyone read it?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #321 on: October 20, 2007, 07:45:34 AM »

This is exactly what I mean, read what you said. You're calling me a miserable whiny bastard and saying I don't like the band. How many times do I have to tell you that you're making this shit up. I never did once say that. You think as webmaster of this board you would want to be a little more credible, but I guess the word credibility isn't in your vocabulary. You come here and trash VR members and threaten to ban someone cause they made a joke at your expense and I called you on it how do that equal a whiny GNR hating bastard? I do the same thing to Axl haters on a few VR boards I visit now and then. There is no reason to bash VR members or Axl. All of these people are amazing musicans but all of them also have their faults. Slash, Duff, Scoot, Matt none of them are perfect, I agree but neither is Axl. So why is it every topic has to turn to a VR vs GNR topic. Can't we let this go and talk about the topic at hand? Slash's book. Speaking of books, was Izzy writting one at some point in time or was it just a biography by someone else? Did anyone read it?

I have to agree with you on this one, rather than address specific points raised by a poster, one contrives an argument, and then attacks that argument. It is classic "straw man" tacits. By resorting to such fallacies, one forfits the argument by default.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #322 on: October 20, 2007, 08:10:59 AM »

make sense?

No...?

I'm not even close to see where you're coming from.

You know that they don't have any contact with eachother, but still, you're talking about the possibility of them being best friends?

confused

and how do I know that they haven't had any contact, because they have told us? so what, they lie anyway! so one could easily assume that is also a lie, right? or do you have PROOF (popular one around here) that they have had no contact? Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #323 on: October 20, 2007, 08:55:04 AM »

You think as webmaster of this board you would want to be a little more credible, but I guess the word credibility isn't in your vocabulary.

Cry

There is no reason to bash VR members or Axl.

Can you read? I don't require you to be a VR fan to post on this site. As I pointed out to YOU several times.

It's not really my problem that it makes you sad that some of us don't wear the same kind of silver pants Scott wears in the Slither video and think we're bad ass rock n' rollers.

Get over the fact that this isn't a VR support group.  GN'R WILL always be #1 here. ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #324 on: October 20, 2007, 09:10:18 AM »

...you sad that some of us don't wear the same kind of silver pants Scott wears in the Slither video...

Don't knock the silver pants dammit.  rant
That was Dave's inspiration for "Get Out the Door".

Fuck 'Em All.
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #325 on: October 20, 2007, 10:22:20 AM »

it's more about bullshit than facts.

Prove it.

As far as I can tell, I'm trying to keep the bullshit from people like YOU to a minimum.

Some of you are telling me you're not gonna change your opinions and that I think I'm better than others while you keep telling me how to run this place.

"Who do you think you are? You're not better than any of us! But this is what you should do because I say so and I know better than you!"

That's just amazingly amusing.

You don't give me a hard time in any other way than I just think you're incredibly stupid because I have to keep repeating the same thing to a little group of you week after week:

#1: You should love GN'R to post here. Loving the past isn't enough because that only creates stupid threads like "GN'R is dead". We don't need those "opinions". Go troll somewhere else.
#2: I don't care what your opinion is on VR, Adler's Appetite, the Spice Girls, wrestling or the Transformers as long as you understand #1.
#3: I don't do this for you or whiners like you. It makes no sense to me to start changing this site just to please some people I don't know or even care to know.
#4: Too much to handle? Repeat.

/jarmo

Grin

ok Jarmo I tried to understand you and see how this board works but i come to the conclusion it doesn't worth the wait.
You're pathetic, this is not a democratic board and you this to us with every post you writte. I wouldn't call this a "fascist site" but it's what reminds me the most. you only welcome people here or not attack them if they say good words for Axl or if they fuck over Slash/Scott... This is pathetic and is pathetic to see it in an administrator.
it seems like if you were recluitin' people to become members of your party. Hi Hitler!!!! uppss Jarmo !!!  (sorry for my mistake  hihi)

snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #326 on: October 20, 2007, 10:31:27 AM »

You think as webmaster of this board you would want to be a little more credible, but I guess the word credibility isn't in your vocabulary.

Cry

There is no reason to bash VR members or Axl.

Can you read? I don't require you to be a VR fan to post on this site. As I pointed out to YOU several times.

It's not really my problem that it makes you sad that some of us don't wear the same kind of silver pants Scott wears in the Slither video and think we're bad ass rock n' rollers.

Get over the fact that this isn't a VR support group.? GN'R WILL always be #1 here. ok

/jarmo

hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl

you're pathetic as always

ok ok, don't waste your time readin' this and go to suck axl's dick again

hihi

darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #327 on: October 20, 2007, 10:31:55 AM »

Scott's silver pants...what the hell does that have to do with Slash's autobiography? You always go off topic and time after time insult people and their opinions on your very own site. Do you want to talk about Axl's tight shorts now? I mean WTF buddy? You are the reason this board is a fucking joke, kind of sad that it's the sites webmaster that sabotages his own board. Now lets perhaps try and get back on topic, or you gonna throw out another insult and try and keep this going?
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #328 on: October 20, 2007, 10:39:46 AM »

Scott's silver pants...what the hell does that have to do with Slash's autobiography? You always go off topic and time after time insult people and their opinions on your very own site. Do you want to talk about Axl's tight shorts now? I mean WTF buddy? You are the reason this board is a fucking joke, kind of sad that it's the sites webmaster that sabotages his own board. Now lets perhaps try and get back on topic, or you gonna throw out another insult and try and keep this going?
well said

the more i read Jarmo's post the more i want to use this board as a joke
let's Jarmo live in his own world  Wink
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #329 on: October 20, 2007, 11:40:15 AM »

Scott's silver pants...what the hell does that have to do with Slash's autobiography?

Oh my....

Not everybody has to love Scott Weiland to post here.

Get the fucking point already?

For fuck's sake.

You always go off topic and time after time insult people and their opinions on your very own site. Do you want to talk about Axl's tight shorts now? I mean WTF buddy? You are the reason this board is a fucking joke, kind of sad that it's the sites webmaster that sabotages his own board. Now lets perhaps try and get back on topic, or you gonna throw out another insult and try and keep this going?

Fucking hell.

Always? Prove it.

You're the one who wanted to talk about what Axl has done without Duff and Slash in a thread about what Duff and Slash could do without Scott. Did you already manage to forget that?

Yes, I'm the reason this site has been a joke for almost eleven years now.

You and people like, the now banned, snakepipero are the reason why have a few quality posts on this site.

I wish I was like you!

You keep talking about how I insult people and their opinions. No I don't.

I'm just opposed a certain group of sad bastards who think they have the right to come here and tell me I should be sad and miserable too. Because they have the right to try to turn everybody into miserable bastards!

Freedom of speech!

You still don't fucking get it.

I'm not gonna let a small group of people ruin this site because they think it's their right.

Stop trying!

Ask snakepipero about how well it worked for him.

the more i read Jarmo's post the more i want to use this board as a joke
let's Jarmo live in his own world  Wink

Well, here's a joke to you: What clueless person who wants to "joke" with me is now banned?

Think about that next time you wanna use the Hitler joke again fucking troll.

Now, I expect this darth monkey character to tell me how unfair I am for banning this troll who called me all kinds of names.

I know you can't seem to get over the fact that this isn't a VR site and not all of us love VR.

I don't know why it's so hard to figure out.

I don't go to a VR site and expect all of them to love GN'R...... Same fucking thing.

Oops, I used the F-word.  Embarrassed

/jarmo

« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 11:52:47 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #330 on: October 20, 2007, 01:17:48 PM »

Oh Snakepipero insulted you, poor baby...did you go tell your mommy? Your the one that's sad, same fucking answer again. It's my site I say what I want, you disagree I will harass you and then when you start insulting me like I insult you I'll ban your ass. I guess you were one of those kids that didn't play well with others when you grew up.

I agree not everyone should have to like Scott to post here, in fact you shouldn't have to like Slash, Duff, Matt, Dave, or even Axl to post here. It is possible to like someones music without thinking the person is a God. I didn't like Scott's pants no more than I liked Axl's shorts in 1992-93, but the pants or shorts didn't change the music and I have no idea what this has to do with Slash's autobiography
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #331 on: October 20, 2007, 01:52:43 PM »

Oh Snakepipero insulted you, poor baby...did you go tell your mommy?

Hahaha!

Who's the one who says I insult everybody?

I asked for proof too....

same fucking answer again.

Damn right.

It's called integrity. The thing you said I lacked.

It's my site I say what I want, you disagree I will harass you and then when you start insulting me like I insult you I'll ban your ass.

Read the fucking rules and show me the proof where I insulted you.

I agree not everyone should have to like Scott to post here, in fact you shouldn't have to like Slash, Duff, Matt, Dave, or even Axl to post here.

There you go telling me how to run this site again.

Where do you get this power from? Why should I change the principles for this site just to fit your needs?

Give me a good answer.

You're the guest and you expect the host to adjust to fit your needs even though you're not even very welcome here because you're one of those elements I don't really care for.

Do you tell everybody around you how to mind their own business?

You must be a true role model for the rest of the world.

The question some of you love to ask me is kinda appropriate now: Do you think you're better than me?

rofl

/jarmo

darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #332 on: October 20, 2007, 02:08:18 PM »

I know I'm better than you. Even though I don't agree with you at least I listen to your opinion and when you actually do express one instead of throwing around insults and trying to cause fights I listen. As for insults you called me a whinny bastard just yesterday and you've done worse before. As far as your joke of a site, run it however you want, I'm not sure anyone can reason with you anyways. You may know how to read and write in english you certainly can't comprehend it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #333 on: October 20, 2007, 02:16:41 PM »

I know I'm better than you.

Great!

Even though I don't agree with you at least I listen to your opinion and when you actually do express one instead of throwing around insults and trying to cause fights I listen. As for insults you called me a whinny bastard just yesterday and you've done worse before.

I don't listen? I seem to explain to you day after day why I don't change the site.

I have this deja vu feeling every time I read your posts.

You keep telling me how this site should be and I answer you why it isn't. What do you do the next day or week? You tell me how this site should be.

Your idea of listening to opinions seem to be for me to agree with you and change things to your liking.

When I refuse, you call me all kinds of things. Among them stupid because I don't "comprehend" English.

Sorry if I think you're one of those whiny sad bastards who have to keep whining about things they have no control over.

I guess if I was one of them, I might be a good person like you.

But I'm not so I'll just have to keep admiring your superior human being.

As far as your joke of a site, run it however you want, I'm not sure anyone can reason with you anyways. You may know how to read and write in english you certainly can't comprehend it.

Well since you're so good at comprehending, would you answer my question now?

Oh, and you truly are a supportive GN'R fan: You made one post in the GN'R section since you joined this summer. Surprisingly enough, it mentioned Duff and Slash.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 02:21:40 PM by jarmo » Logged

jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #334 on: October 20, 2007, 02:20:10 PM »

I haven't posted on here in a while, and I can clearly remember why looking through this thread.

Jarmo used to be a somewhat stringent but nevertheless level-headed moderator, usually full of thoughtful and intelligent debate.

Now I have to say either some idiot is regularly hacking his account and posting under his name, or else he has simply turned into a self-absorbed egotistical knob-end; someone who thinks we should all fall at his feet because this site has been running for so long. What a tosser.

I can't believe the disdain, contempt and arrogance shown to some members here by Jarmo, but then again seeing as I haven't been here for a while maybe I'm not seeing the whole story...

Anyway, Jarmo this is no way to run a website...

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #335 on: October 20, 2007, 02:24:23 PM »

I never said I was a superior human being, I don't claim that I'm better than anyone here other than people like you cause I don't come here to try and upset people and I do listen to opinions. You don't need to agree with me, like I don't need to agree with you. It would be nice to be able and visit this site and talk about what is supposed to be talked about in a thread and not have someone say "well what about Scott's silver pants" cause that certain adds alot to the discussion.

So what question did you have for me, I answered the insult one. If there is anything else you want answered I'll answer it for you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #336 on: October 20, 2007, 02:24:39 PM »

I haven't posted on here in a while, and I can clearly remember why looking through this thread.

Jarmo used to be a somewhat stringent but nevertheless level-headed moderator, usually full of thoughtful and intelligent debate.

Now I have to say either some idiot is regularly hacking his account and posting under his name, or else he has simply turned into a self-absorbed egotistical knob-end; someone who thinks we should all fall at his feet because this site has been running for so long. What a tosser.

I can't believe the disdain, contempt and arrogance shown to some members here by Jarmo, but then again seeing as I haven't been here for a while maybe I'm not seeing the whole story...

Anyway, Jarmo this is no way to run a website...

Well, it's no use trying to be level-headed and intelligent when you deal with certain VR fans.

I had to adjust.....  rofl

I never said I was a superior human being, I don't claim that I'm better than anyone here other than people like you cause I don't come here to try and upset people and I do listen to opinions. You don't need to agree with me, like I don't need to agree with you. It would be nice to be able and visit this site and talk about what is supposed to be talked about in a thread and not have someone say "well what about Scott's silver pants" cause that certain adds alot to the discussion.

So what question did you have for me, I answered the insult one. If there is anything else you want answered I'll answer it for you.

Don't try to act all "I'm trying to be on topic" now. You've ruined a bunch of threads yourself.

The question I want you to answer to is: Why should I change the principles for this site just to fit your needs?

I mean, according to you, you shouldn't even have to like the lead singer of the band this site is dedicated to, to post here.

I don't understand how I should allow people who hate Axl to post here. It's not the kind of site I would visit myself.

A fan site where a bunch of people who hate the singer in the my favorite band are posting..... Makes no sense to me.

I'm sorry that I'm so stupid and simple minded.....  Embarrassed

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 02:30:56 PM by jarmo » Logged

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #337 on: October 20, 2007, 02:30:40 PM »

to be on topic  Tongue

i'll wish to get this for x-mas!

santa read this please  Smiley
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #338 on: October 20, 2007, 02:51:02 PM »

Well I guess that's one of the problem. You group all people that are VR fans into your problem group.

As for your question, you don't need to change the board for me, it is your board. I think it would be a more civil place and you would get better posts if we didn't have people that came in and posted material about Scott's pant to clearly agitate other people. And yes you don't even need to really like the lead singer of a band. I don't like Scott all that much but yet I'm a fan of VR and like the band, I like reading about them and their music, I like listening to their music and like their concerts. It is supposed to be a band afterall and not one individual. I'm not suggesting that you allow people to post material if they hate Axl, I don't think someone should post Axl is a talentless loser, but the same should be true about Scott or any other member of any other band, however there isn't anything wrong with people admitting Axl isn't a saint either and isn't perfect. Obviously it's a fine line and one that some may have a hard time to distinguish.

Like I've said before and like jrs2001_99 just said this used to be a quality board, it wouldn't take much to get it back there.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #339 on: October 20, 2007, 03:10:04 PM »

Well I guess that's one of the problem. You group all people that are VR fans into your problem group.

No, I don't.

You assume I do.

As for your question, you don't need to change the board for me, it is your board.

Ok, thanks.

I think it would be a more civil place and you would get better posts if we didn't have people that came in and posted material about Scott's pant to clearly agitate other people.

It was a joke!

And yes you don't even need to really like the lead singer of a band. I don't like Scott all that much but yet I'm a fan of VR and like the band, I like reading about them and their music, I like listening to their music and like their concerts. It is supposed to be a band afterall and not one individual. I'm not suggesting that you allow people to post material if they hate Axl, I don't think someone should post Axl is a talentless loser, but the same should be true about Scott or any other member of any other band, however there isn't anything wrong with people admitting Axl isn't a saint either and isn't perfect. Obviously it's a fine line and one that some may have a hard time to distinguish.

Now you start mixing up Scott into this again. He's not in, or never was in, GN'R.

Why do you do that?

Should all of us be fans of Dave Kushner now too?

Why is it that you have an issue with the fact that you don't have to like what the former members are doing today to post here?

I don't see Izzy fans protesting about how GN'R fans don't like his solo albums or demanding that everybody should like him.

It's not a question about thinking GN'R members are Gods. They're just human. But we support GN'R. It doesn't mean we think everything they say are lies and they just love to fuck with their fans.

We're not objective. We're fans.

Imagine going to a show and having the greatest time ever. Then you go to a fan site and see everybody posting about how much it sucked.

There's no place for you to share your excitement. The others will attack you and call you all kinds of names because you were "stupid" enough to have a great time!

It's not the kind of board I want!

Oh, and I'm talking about GN'R here. In case there's any confusion.

Now, if you didn't like the VR show you attended, it's not my aim to make sure this is a "VR support site".

If I loved VR the way I love GN'R today, things might be different.

Like I've said before and like jrs2001_99 just said this used to be a quality board, it wouldn't take much to get it back there.

Yeah, it was before all the VR trolls appeared....  rofl

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: