Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 10:54:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228563 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 228062 times)
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #300 on: October 19, 2007, 03:21:20 PM »

Good point, I know I am. Will be nice to get some of the history and hopefully have some insider information on some of the songs and so on.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #301 on: October 19, 2007, 03:23:16 PM »

But really... you?ll have to keep answering that same question as long as you keep this discussions going on and on. And thrust me, it will happen every fucking week.

I wonder why......

I'm not gonna change the board for some people who are unhappy. I've explained it over and over again.

/jarmo

I know that. You won?t change anything. But don?t expect that that way things will get better here. There?s only one way for things to get better over here (and for that I mean focusing only on the topic of the thread instead of keeping discussing the same old stuff over and over):

1-VR fans stop whinning about how this forum is ruled and understand that there are plenty other VR boards down there (discussing with the moderators won?t get you anywhere... I know what I?m saying thrust me)

2-Some members stop coming here and provoke the VR fans by bringing Gn?R up... cos that doesn?t help at all.

3-Delete this board (which I think is the easier way).

I have just gave up on this. I let it go. And I wish you all could do that. This is all getting too old and ?definately something needs to be changed. If nothing happens... well Jarmo, be prepared to answer that same question over and over again. ?Wink

So is anybody else psyched about this Slash book or what? Cheesy

Lol I sure am! Been all over the bookstores trying to find when they will get the book. ?ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #302 on: October 19, 2007, 04:44:44 PM »

I agree, you can't really ban someone for joking around and not being serious. Afterall this board has become nothing more than a joke to most people anyways.

totally agree,
imo this board has become nothing more than a joke to most people
it's been a long time since i don't like to come to this board.
This is not an easy board as much as Gn'r is not an easy band. What have happened with this band all over the last 2 decades have had a lot of impact on a lot of people, millions of people. durin' all the last years a wall has been created between original members and their fans. Only a few peole enjoys both bands: new Axl's band (gnr or wathever you want to call it) and Slash, Duff and Matt band (VR) and most of people come here to fuck with the others, like if we were enemies. That's why i have lost interest on comin' to this board. IMO a board should be a place for fans where they could share their feelin's, experiencies ... and express their opinions. I don't mean everything has to be wonderfull or beatiful but not a war place and here is why i don't agree with you JARMO. IMO you're doin' right as administrator. you shouldn't disrespect people for comin' here and express opinions you don't like or share callin' them "idiots" "stupids". You should battle against this kind of words and bad attitudes. I don't wanna fight with you, i have better things to do and i don't thing that kind of thing would be a really intelligent or productive thing.
As you said before this is your foro and of course you can do with it what you want but imo this is not good neither for you nor the fans

Peace and keep on rockin'  ok
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #303 on: October 19, 2007, 04:47:57 PM »

me too 
i can't wait to read the book  nervous
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #304 on: October 19, 2007, 05:38:39 PM »

me too 
i can't wait to read the book  nervous
Oh yeah. Will be one interesting read. Kinda wondering if I should wait til some import pops in finnish book stores or order crap from amazon for once..

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #305 on: October 19, 2007, 06:36:27 PM »

you shouldn't disrespect people for comin' here and express opinions you don't like or share callin' them "idiots" "stupids". You should battle against this kind of words and bad attitudes.

Look at you pointing fingers.

First you ask me if I think I'm special and better than others, then you're giving me tips on how to behave.

Hello?

I am fighting against all that. I'm against negative fucks who come here waving their freedom of speech banners.

If negativity is your thing, fuck off.

If GN'R upsets you, you need something else that brightens your day.

But don't expect me to let you use our site as your personal garbage dump for your over-recycled waste you call your opinion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #306 on: October 19, 2007, 07:23:02 PM »

Did you finish my homework assignment yet and find a place where I trashed GNR like you said I did?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #307 on: October 19, 2007, 07:31:52 PM »

Did you finish my homework assignment yet and find a place where I trashed GNR like you said I did?

Do I take assignments from you?

I was talking about a group of people. You can mean more than one person.

Yes, I lump you together with all the other whiners.

You're in the group of people I don't welcome here.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #308 on: October 19, 2007, 07:35:44 PM »

This is exactly what I didn't want to see happen with Slash's book.  How I don't think it should by hyped:

"A big part of the book is that for the first time, Slash tells the tale that has yet to be told from the inside of Guns ?N? Roses: how the band came together, how they wrote the music that defined an era, how they survived insane, never-ending tours, how they survived themselves, and, ultimately, how it all fell apart."

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/698/10473/Velvet-Revolver.html

Hopefully, people will be able to think for themselves when reading this and not take it like it's being hyped here as the "inside story of the rise and fall of GN'R", but I doubt anyone other than the GN'R fans will be willing to think deeply enough to do that.

Ali
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #309 on: October 19, 2007, 07:38:24 PM »

Well why do you classify people like that, you classify a bunch of us as GNR haters cause we give you a hard time when you post bullshit. You've quite clearly said I and others have said things we haven't and now you openly admit to it. Isn't that called twisting the facts. I guess that's the problem with this site now, it's more about bullshit than facts.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #310 on: October 19, 2007, 08:03:29 PM »

it's more about bullshit than facts.

Prove it.

As far as I can tell, I'm trying to keep the bullshit from people like YOU to a minimum.

Some of you are telling me you're not gonna change your opinions and that I think I'm better than others while you keep telling me how to run this place.

"Who do you think you are? You're not better than any of us! But this is what you should do because I say so and I know better than you!"

That's just amazingly amusing.

You don't give me a hard time in any other way than I just think you're incredibly stupid because I have to keep repeating the same thing to a little group of you week after week:

#1: You should love GN'R to post here. Loving the past isn't enough because that only creates stupid threads like "GN'R is dead". We don't need those "opinions". Go troll somewhere else.
#2: I don't care what your opinion is on VR, Adler's Appetite, the Spice Girls, wrestling or the Transformers as long as you understand #1.
#3: I don't do this for you or whiners like you. It makes no sense to me to start changing this site just to please some people I don't know or even care to know.
#4: Too much to handle? Repeat.

/jarmo

sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #311 on: October 19, 2007, 08:10:09 PM »

Shocked

I NEED THIS BOOK! Cheesy

ME TOO!
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #312 on: October 19, 2007, 09:32:59 PM »

Wow...you're great Jarmo, you are amazing at totally not reading a post and saying the same fucking thing over and over. It's my site and you can only post what I agree with or you're a GNR hater. I love how you classify everyone that doesn't worship the ground that you walk on and say the only band worth listening to is the current GNR lineup in this category. I have said time and time again said I like the current GNR lineup, I have been to their concerts and I will buy their album, heck I even bought the End of Days soundtrack. But yet according to you I hate GNR and I am everything evil in the world.

Do you do as good of a job researching and reporting the so called facts that you report on this site? Do you even check anything to make sure it is right or true before you post something? I'm not sure about others but I know I seriously question your truth and integredy and your motives.

Plus how the hell can I be a -2 karma and you a plus 1. I haven't even told anyone to fuck off yet and you tell me to fuck off probably 1 in every 10 times I post confused Where's the love man  rofl
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #313 on: October 19, 2007, 10:08:12 PM »

Wow...you're great Jarmo, you are amazing at totally not reading a post and saying the same fucking thing over and over. It's my site and you can only post what I agree with or you're a GNR hater. I love how you classify everyone that doesn't worship the ground that you walk on and say the only band worth listening to is the current GNR lineup in this category. I have said time and time again said I like the current GNR lineup, I have been to their concerts and I will buy their album, heck I even bought the End of Days soundtrack. But yet according to you I hate GNR and I am everything evil in the world.

Where did I say that?

All I'm saying is that to me, you're in the group with those whiny sad bastards who in fact don't like the band.

You could go to all their shows and buy all their albums but still be a miserable whiny bastard.

I bet there's people out there who actually get it and they haven't had the fortune to attend even one show yet.

It doesn't mean you're more welcome here.

Do you do as good of a job researching and reporting the so called facts that you report on this site? Do you even check anything to make sure it is right or true before you post something? I'm not sure about others but I know I seriously question your truth and integredy and your motives.

Good for you.

Smiley

/jarmo

Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #314 on: October 19, 2007, 10:52:57 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNews/idUSN1225827320071013?sp=true

now!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 11:05:19 PM by Alpachiris » Logged

axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #315 on: October 19, 2007, 11:16:54 PM »

5 days old!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #316 on: October 19, 2007, 11:20:06 PM »

slash ain't in GnR
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2007, 11:39:06 PM »

slash ain't in GnR

Yea this really belongs in the Ex Gunners section.  Not that I don't like Slash but he isn't in the band.

Groovie In VT
Rocker

You know where you are? Your on the fucking Intern

« Reply #318 on: October 20, 2007, 12:00:46 AM »

Gotta feel bad for Slash when everyone asks him about Chinese Democracy.  He must want to say, wtf, why not ask me about the next Clapton album? I got about as much to do with either!

Groovie In VT....... and don't you forget it!!
Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #319 on: October 20, 2007, 12:19:28 AM »

hihi hihi

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: