Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 10:51:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228563 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 228050 times)
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2007, 09:21:25 AM »

Who are you to tell anybody this?

Typically, it is a devise used, in frustration, by those who hold an unteniable position.

hihi
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2007, 09:22:06 AM »

hihi

Your whole post is a good example of how clueless some of you are.

Jarmo i love you  love

/jarmo
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2007, 09:32:23 AM »

You really want to get banned don't you?

Your act is old. You ask questions, I answer them and then you try to make jokes about it because you have nothing to say.

I've seen it before.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #283 on: October 19, 2007, 10:28:26 AM »

Jarmo, I have to admit, that last one was pretty damn funny!  HAHAHAHA!  I really think Snakepipero is playing, he is harmless. 

I love everyone here!   love

Lets keep this lovefest up.  It promotes harmony among the GNR community! peace
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #284 on: October 19, 2007, 01:01:06 PM »

I agree, you can't really ban someone for joking around and not being serious. Afterall this board has become nothing more than a joke to most people anyways.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #285 on: October 19, 2007, 01:16:50 PM »

I agree, you can't really ban someone for joking around and not being serious. Afterall this board has become nothing more than a joke to most people anyways.

Oh please.

It's the same people who keep repeating the same old "jokes".

Yes, you're among those.

I addressed every issue this guy had, and since he had nothing to come back with, he decided to start "joking".

It's always the same with these people.

I don't have problem with jokes. I mean, this is the VR section. That's a band with a joke for a lead vocalist.  peace

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2007, 01:23:36 PM »

If you think it's a joke, then why are you here?
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #287 on: October 19, 2007, 01:31:51 PM »

Because it's pathetic how far this board has gone downhill ever since Jarmo thinks he has to walk the company line. Is anything that happens on this board going to have absolutely any impact on my life whatsoever? If you can't reason with people reasonably because they take themselves way to seriously and can't follow common-sense logic you might as well have a little fun with it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2007, 01:42:29 PM »

Because it's pathetic how far this board has gone downhill ever since Jarmo thinks he has to walk the company line. Is anything that happens on this board going to have absolutely any impact on my life whatsoever? If you can't reason with people reasonably because they take themselves way to seriously and can't follow common-sense logic you might as well have a little fun with it.

Watch out, he's gonna outwit us all again!  nervous

You and your "logic".

For some VR fans it seems logical to go to a GN'R site and whine about GN'R and post how great VR is.

Fortunately, I don't share your way of thinking.  ok

/jarmo

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #289 on: October 19, 2007, 01:44:08 PM »

Here we are again... talking about the same old shit.

Boring! Lips Sealed

Cmon guys... let it go. I have!

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: October 19, 2007, 02:02:52 PM »

It's kind of funny, I never said that GNR sucks and VR was the greatests. In fact why don't we keep you busy for a little while, you can go over all my posts and search for that statement you just said I made. In fact the same is also true of alot of other posters here, not many make this statement but many are accused of making it because we don't hate VR as we should according to you and your "logic". This is exactly why this board has become nothing but a joke.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #291 on: October 19, 2007, 02:06:22 PM »

If you think it's a joke, then why are you here?

While it is your choice (and Jarmo's as well should someone be in violation of any conduct rules) to come here or not, chineseblues has asked a fair question.  You have the option of not visiting the site or posting here.  Why would you want to if you have such disdain for this site and how it is run?

Ali
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #292 on: October 19, 2007, 02:14:39 PM »

I come here now and then to see what is going on, I don't post frequently. I go through spurts. I post for a few days and then don't even come here for a few days.

If we go by the thinking that I shouldn't be posting on a board that I think is a joke, why should some of you (including the webmaster) post in a section of a board for a band that you believe is a joke? I don't see the difference, can you see the difference?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #293 on: October 19, 2007, 02:20:51 PM »

I come here now and then to see what is going on, I don't post frequently. I go through spurts. I post for a few days and then don't even come here for a few days.

If we go by the thinking that I shouldn't be posting on a board that I think is a joke, why should some of you (including the webmaster) post in a section of a board for a band that you believe is a joke? I don't see the difference, can you see the difference?

Jarmo would have to answer that definitively.

But, this is in fact his site so he is ultimately responsible for how it is run, so if he comes and checks on this section of the board, that's all the reason he needs.

The biggest difference is that you have an issue with how this place is run and he is the one doing the running.  So, of course, he has to check on how things are run.

Ultimately, if you have an issue with how this place is run, you have only two options as I see:  1)  Not come here.  2)  Accept how things are and come anyway to post.  Ultimately, how this place is run is how it's run and that is dictated by the prerogative of the site owner, as it should be.  I just think railing against the way things are here is an exercise in futility.  As it should be.  The one putting forth all the effort into maintenance should be allowed to create and dictate the rules.

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #294 on: October 19, 2007, 02:27:54 PM »

It's kind of funny, I never said that GNR sucks and VR was the greatests. In fact why don't we keep you busy for a little while, you can go over all my posts and search for that statement you just said I made. In fact the same is also true of alot of other posters here, not many make this statement but many are accused of making it because we don't hate VR as we should according to you and your "logic". This is exactly why this board has become nothing but a joke.

Boy, you people really don't get it.

How many times do I have to repeat it? Please answer me. I have no clue anymore.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A VR FAN TO POST ON THIS BOARD BUT WE EXPECT YOU TO BE A FAN OF GN'R AND ESPECIALLY BE AWARE THAT THIS SITE IS AIMED AT THOSE WHO ACKNOWLEDGE THE CURRENT BAND AND DON'T LIMIT US TO THE PAST.

IT'S OK TO POST IN THE VR SECTION IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THEM EVEN IF YOU DON'T LOVE THEM.

IF YOU'RE ONLY A FAN OF THE PAST, WE EXPECT YOU TO THINK ABOUT IF THIS SITE REALLY IS FOR YOU SINCE A BUNCH OF US SUPPORT THE CURRENT BAND.

It's also ok to post in the Bad Obsession section and talk about other bands you might not be a huge fan of.

If the above went over your head or you don't understand it, maybe somebody can translate it for you.

I've tried to explain this several times in the past few weeks to a little group of people who seem to frequent the VR section.

You don't like the site, fair enough.

You think I'm an asshole with no morals, who gives a fuck?

It's really time for some of you to move on or wake up and smell the fucking coffee already.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 02:29:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #295 on: October 19, 2007, 02:31:55 PM »

Lol did you have to write in red? It hurt my eyes? Sad.

But really... you?ll have to keep answering that same question as long as you keep this discussions going on and on. And thrust me, it will happen every fucking week.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 02:36:05 PM by Ines » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #296 on: October 19, 2007, 02:34:30 PM »

That is very true, he can do whatever he wants, but I won't bend over for him and change my opinion to please him. I think alot of people are a little frustrated with the drastic change in attitude the board has taken in the last few years. But much like Axl and GNR it is his right to do what he wants but we don't have to agree with the direction it is going. Isn't that one of the reasons it's called a discussion board?

Anyways I don't want to side-track the great conversation that was going on. I'm not going to get in a big discussion about what my vission of this board would be. I just think it's silly that the word "banning" comes up because someone isn't being serious and makes a joke.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #297 on: October 19, 2007, 02:40:04 PM »

But really... you?ll have to keep answering that same question as long as you keep this discussions going on and on. And thrust me, it will happen every fucking week.

I wonder why......

I'm not gonna change the board for some people who are unhappy. I've explained it over and over again.

I don't know why these people seem to expect me to change for them. I've never done it.

I've always done what I think is right instead of trying to guess what some of these people think I should do and try to please them.

Since day one, I've done the same thing: I've tried to have a site I would visit myself. Something with rules to make sure the bullshit is kept to a minimum. Something where you don't get attacked because you believe that GN'R is the greatest band in the world.

A place where you don't have to be told that "GN'R is dead because X quit" every day.

A place where it doesn't matter if you became a fan in the 80s or last week. If you support the band, you're welcome.

That is very true, he can do whatever he wants, but I won't bend over for him and change my opinion to please him.

You don't have to, but don't expect me to welcome your opinion here.

There's plenty of other sites where your kind is welcomed and is considered the norm.

/jarmo

darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #298 on: October 19, 2007, 02:51:46 PM »

I'm not saing you have to welcome my opinion or anyone elses....that's the reason they are called opinions and not facts. And by the way a discussion means there shouldn't really be a norm, a discussion means there is some difference of opinions sometimes. If you want there to be a norm you should call this a conversation site.

So what is with the red writting, do I cause your blood presure to rise when you see my name cause I don't always share the same opinion as you?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #299 on: October 19, 2007, 02:52:59 PM »

So is anybody else psyched about this Slash book or what? Cheesy

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: