Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 01:19:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 228122 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #260 on: October 17, 2007, 05:19:11 PM »

Since you ask ... That was a polite way to inform you that I might not be so generous the next time a banal response is include with a mocking reference.

So in short you tried to make a threat against me on the board? cor blimey! hihi
and where is the mocking reference and the banal response?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #261 on: October 17, 2007, 05:34:03 PM »

Just to perhaps give a bit more context to Slash's quote about not remembering three quarters of what went on (figure of speech or not).  I e-mailed the journalist, Mr. Michael Roberts, that conducted the interview.  The interview is the one that FunkyMonkey posted the link to.  Here is his response to my question of what he thought of that statement when he heard it and if he could give any additional context to it:

ali --

thanks for the note. when slash said he couldn't remember three-quarters of what happened to him back in the day, but was writing a book about that period anyhow, i had the same reaction you did. in fact, i laughed, which is why he added this explanation:

But there was some key stuff, some major things that went on, that I do remember - stuff that happened to me personally, stuff that happened with the bands, little anecdotes sprinkled throughout that I can remember.
hopefully, the really important stuff stood out enough that it's still inside his head somewhere. i guess we'll find out before too long.

thanks for reading. hope all is well.

mr

In the interest of giving the most complete context of how that quote occurred, there you go.

Ali
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #262 on: October 17, 2007, 05:38:22 PM »

Just to perhaps give a bit more context to Slash's quote about not remembering three quarters of what went on (figure of speech or not).? I e-mailed the journalist, Mr. Michael Roberts, that conducted the interview.? The interview is the one that FunkyMonkey posted the link to.? Here is his response to my question of what he thought of that statement when he heard it and if he could give any additional context to it:

ali --

thanks for the note. when slash said he couldn't remember three-quarters of what happened to him back in the day, but was writing a book about that period anyhow, i had the same reaction you did. in fact, i laughed, which is why he added this explanation:

But there was some key stuff, some major things that went on, that I do remember - stuff that happened to me personally, stuff that happened with the bands, little anecdotes sprinkled throughout that I can remember.
hopefully, the really important stuff stood out enough that it's still inside his head somewhere. i guess we'll find out before too long.

thanks for reading. hope all is well.

mr

In the interest of giving the most complete context of how that quote occurred, there you go.

Ali

Well done!  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #263 on: October 17, 2007, 06:12:37 PM »

Since you ask ... That was a polite way to inform you that I might not be so generous the next time a banal response is include with a mocking reference.

So in short you tried to make a threat against me on the board? cor blimey! hihi
and where is the mocking reference and the banal response?

I expected you wouldn't comprehend the meaning of my previous post. You can't even comprehend your own drivel.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #264 on: October 17, 2007, 06:15:01 PM »

Would you please shut the fuck up.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #265 on: October 17, 2007, 06:27:21 PM »

Would you please shut the fuck up.? ok

/jarmo

Jarmo, weren't you 32?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #266 on: October 17, 2007, 06:31:30 PM »

Would you please shut the fuck up.  ok

/jarmo

Jarmo, weren't you 32?

Yes, and notice how I used the P word.

As far as I can tell, age has nothing to do with the fact that I can't stand threats posted on this board.

I also don't think you're the right person to question my age considering the drivel you've posted here.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
eirian
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: October 18, 2007, 04:19:18 AM »

and it goes on ad infinitum. I think we all know it is a memoir, and not to be taken as the definitive history of the early days of GnR.

exactly....it's an autobiography of his LIFE...yes GNR was a huge part but there was life BEFORE and life AFTER....it will be his view on his recollections on his life...how he saw it, not how anyone else saw it. therefore necessarily it will be slanted (not biased) to his view. If you are expecting this to be the DEFINITIVE gnr book, you are mistaken....that won't be written for a long time yet.

Eiri
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #268 on: October 18, 2007, 05:12:19 AM »

What if Axl and Slash were closer than we thought in 2005?

no.

that is just your stupid pipe-dream reunion fantasy/wish.

no, that could easily have been reality.

considering they didn't even fucking speak, i'm going to have to say

SNAP OUT OF IT

calm down man, you don't know what went on outside of the spotlight.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 05:57:15 AM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #269 on: October 18, 2007, 07:02:37 AM »

Would you please shut the fuck up. ok

/jarmo

Jarmo, weren't you 32?

As far as I can tell, age has nothing to do with the fact that I can't stand threats posted on this board.

I also don't think you're the right person to question my age considering the drivel you've posted here.

/jarmo

I went back and re-read the original responce to my post, and I misinterpreted that response; for that my apologies to ppbebe. However, at no time did I threaten anyone, nor would I ... it is not in my nature to do such a thing. I was merely trying to politely point out that a "perceived" insult would be addressed less politely in the future. Once again, my apologies.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
CSS
« Reply #270 on: October 18, 2007, 09:14:41 AM »

Neither do you.

But it's impossible that they could've been close since that was the first "contact" they had in almost ten years.

Call me a hater or whatever you like, but I'm just stating the obvious.
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: October 18, 2007, 02:48:54 PM »

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, I've looked but couldn't find it. Here is an article with an excerpt from Slash's book. It touches on his drug use and has a small tidbit of Axl getting pissed off. This part is just after the AFD tour around 1989 where they moved to Chicago to write for UYI.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/omm/story/0,,2187757,00.html
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #272 on: October 18, 2007, 03:50:09 PM »

Neither do you.

But it's impossible that they could've been close since that was the first "contact" they had in almost ten years.

Call me a hater or whatever you like, but I'm just stating the obvious.

what I am trying to say here is, they could both be talking bollocks for all we know. maybe they were best friends in 2005.
Im just trying to explain that we can never know what's happening in that world. of course, they will tell us things, but it's up to each person to decide if they wanna believe what they've been told ot not.

make sense?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #273 on: October 18, 2007, 08:17:27 PM »

Would you please shut the fuck up.? ok

/jarmo

Jarmo, weren't you 32?

/jarmo

I want to be like you when i'll be 32  hihi   i have a lot to learn from you  rofl
ok ok, i don't wanna be like you

I see a lot of negativity at this foro and i think that's for people like you that believes themselves the ones who know the only true
and let me tell you a thing: you're a really obscened guy for your age, disrespectin' people and callin' eveybody "stupid", "idiot" ...
Who are you to tell anybody this?
you should realise that you're only a guy at this forum, like everyone else, showin' his opinions and points of views

i don't want to fight with you but imo you're showin' a really negative and frustrated side of things
you should give up writtin' so much here and go out for some good time. you should ask your boss to take some holidays

peace and keep on rockin' guys
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #274 on: October 18, 2007, 08:45:59 PM »

I want to be like you when i'll be 32  hihi   i have a lot to learn from you  rofl

Just focus on getting to the legal drinking age first.

I see a lot of negativity at this foro and i think that's for people like you that believes themselves the ones who know the only true
and let me tell you a thing: you're a really obscened guy for your age, disrespectin' people and callin' eveybody "stupid", "idiot" ...

Everybody? No.

Everybody I think are idiots, yes!

There's a difference.

You're our guest, if we don't think you're respecting our rules, we will let you know.

It's common sense for most people.

Obviously it seems like some Slash fans have problems with this.

you should realise that you're only a guy at this forum, like everyone else, showin' his opinions and points of views

No.

Some of us here try to do out best to keep this place the way we want it without stupid fucks ruining it for everybody.

That has nothing to do with us thinking we're better or cooler or on a power trip.

Somebody has to do it. There's no other alternative.

I know many people don't appreciate being told to shut the fuck up and they don't like me doing it. But somebody has to.

I'm not here to be voted #1 coolest mod/admin. I'm here to make sure this place is the way I think it should be.

I couldn't care less if some fucking strangers think I'm an asshole or if some 17 year old living with his parents think I'm a geek.

i don't want to fight with you but imo you're showin' a really negative and frustrated side of things
you should give up writtin' so much here and go out for some good time. you should ask your boss to take some holidays

Just got back from a trip on Monday.

I feel honored that you'd care about me that much.   love Kiss

/jarmo

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #275 on: October 18, 2007, 10:16:34 PM »

Wow, that was some good stuff.? It becomes more and more clear why this band broke up reading these accounts.? It's amazing they lasted as long as they did, we should be thankful for the genius they created in their much too short time together.? But I don't think they would've survived if they stayed together.

that may be the most insighfult thing I've ever heard on this board ever...
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2007, 03:40:22 AM »

I want to be like you when i'll be 32? hihi? ?i have a lot to learn from you? rofl

Just focus on getting to the legal drinking age first.

Everybody? No.

Everybody I think are idiots, yes!

There's a difference.

You're our guest, if we don't think you're respecting our rules, we will let you know.

It's common sense for most people.

Obviously it seems like some Slash fans have problems with this.

No.

Some of us here try to do out best to keep this place the way we want it without stupid fucks ruining it for everybody.

That has nothing to do with us thinking we're better or cooler or on a power trip.

Somebody has to do it. There's no other alternative.

I know many people don't appreciate being told to shut the fuck up and they don't like me doing it. But somebody has to.

I'm not here to be voted #1 coolest mod/admin. I'm here to make sure this place is the way I think it should be.

I couldn't care less if some fucking strangers think I'm an asshole or if some 17 year old living with his parents think I'm a geek.

Just got back from a trip on Monday.

I feel honored that you'd care about me that much.? ?love Kiss

/jarmo

well I was so wrong about my last post!!!!
I hate VR
I hate Slash, he's a liar
Axl is my god

Huh

ok, just a moment, i cand do it

New Guns n' roses is the real Guns n' roses
I love this forum, is the best i've been into

(that's what i have to say, isn't it Jarmo???)

thanks Jarmo for let me writte here
you are a nice guy and a truly inspiration

hihi
CSS
« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2007, 07:23:03 AM »

make sense?

No...?

I'm not even close to see where you're coming from.

You know that they don't have any contact with eachother, but still, you're talking about the possibility of them being best friends?

confused
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #278 on: October 19, 2007, 08:15:27 AM »

Typically, it is a devise used, in frustration, by those who hold an unteniable position.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #279 on: October 19, 2007, 09:18:17 AM »

hihi

Your whole post is a good example of how clueless some of you are.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: