Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 12:43:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 228096 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2007, 09:59:35 PM »

I don't understand why Jarmo and others think that Slash lies all the time.??

Even the most diehard Slash fan has to admit he's inconsistent at best in quite a few instances.

Theres three sides to every story.

I take it all with a grain of skeptical salt these days, just because one party is lying doesn't mean the other is telling the truth.

I agree with the last thing you said, Falcon.? It is certainly true.? But, the problem is that in the absence of having all the parties involved telling their side of the story, it's hard to get a complete picture of what went on.? So, there can be a tendency to take the one version of the GN'R story that is out there as truth.?

I wish Axl would tell his side of the story in greater detail.? He's skimmed over it in the last eight years or so, but never really told his side in any great detail.? Not that his should be taken as the truth, but he deserves to at least be heard as does Slash and the others.

Ali

Ali, he will be heard when his album is released.  He may have a lot to say in his lyrics.  This is all a huge smoke screen for the reunion.  Ha!

What if Axl and Slash were closer than we thought in 2005?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2007, 11:02:58 PM »

I don't understand why Jarmo and others think that Slash lies all the time.??

Even the most diehard Slash fan has to admit he's inconsistent at best in quite a few instances.

Theres three sides to every story.

I take it all with a grain of skeptical salt these days, just because one party is lying doesn't mean the other is telling the truth.

I agree with the last thing you said, Falcon.? It is certainly true.? But, the problem is that in the absence of having all the parties involved telling their side of the story, it's hard to get a complete picture of what went on.? So, there can be a tendency to take the one version of the GN'R story that is out there as truth.?

I wish Axl would tell his side of the story in greater detail.? He's skimmed over it in the last eight years or so, but never really told his side in any great detail.? Not that his should be taken as the truth, but he deserves to at least be heard as does Slash and the others.

Ali

Ali, he will be heard when his album is released.? He may have a lot to say in his lyrics.? This is all a huge smoke screen for the reunion.? Ha!

Well, he told David Wild from RS that he wanted the music to do the talking for him, but I don't know how he can be so patient.  I couldn't bite my tongue for that long Smiley  But, maybe one day he'll do what Slash did and write a book.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2007, 02:55:33 AM »

Im not gonna take this book literally but I bet a lot of stuff that has to do with GNR is probably close to the truth in some aspects.

There are always two sides to every story so I will take it with a grain of salt but it will still be a great read.

I like others on here just hope he goes into detail about what inspired certain guitar stuff.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2007, 05:01:02 AM »

I can't wait to read this book.  I also realize that when Slash mentions Axl it's got to be taken with a grain of salt...but the same could be said if it was vice versa....it's like a boyfriend girlfriend break up and both of them tell you their side of the story... one is always going to paint the other one in the worst way possible.  Regardless, this book is going to be exciting...a first hand account of the madness behind the machine!!  hihi

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2007, 05:48:00 AM »

no.   

that is just your stupid pipe-dream reunion fantasy/wish.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2007, 06:43:44 AM »

no.

no, that could easily have been reality.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
CSS
« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2007, 07:04:55 AM »

Close? Reality?

That was the first time "they" spoke to each other in almost ten years.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 10:05:29 AM by Beef Jerky » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2007, 09:19:49 AM »

Close? Reality?

That was the first time they "speaked" to each other in almost ten years.

And it doesn't appear they spoke then either.  Sounds like any conversation went throught Beta so I really wouldn't count that.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
CSS
« Reply #248 on: October 17, 2007, 10:04:30 AM »

Yeah, I know.

I edited the post.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 10:06:06 AM by Beef Jerky » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #249 on: October 17, 2007, 10:12:54 AM »

no.

considering they didn't even fucking speak, i'm going to have to say

SNAP OUT OF IT
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #250 on: October 17, 2007, 11:17:46 AM »

yeah slash talked with beta. axl didn't want to talk with him (or wasn't there ?)
anyway, the book will be interesting to read.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #251 on: October 17, 2007, 12:26:54 PM »

hard data good job funky, as usual. beer

Is it just me or slash diehards are rather lazy? Tongue

Who made the statement that memory loss was due to hard core drug use? The burden of proof is on the author of that quote. The meaning of that idiomatic device "can't remember 3/4 of ..." is quite obvious. I stand by my original post.

yep and it might mean he remembers almost nothing.
Whatever your standpoint is, it doesn't change the fact that slash is stressing that many things are out of his recollection. so hard as if he has to convince people of that. Wait, maybe he's lying and he actually remembers everything.  hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #252 on: October 17, 2007, 12:51:23 PM »

I think even a bigger lie is when former members act like they don't want to reunite.  Way deep down, Axl and Slash know they will be back together.  I hate all this shit about how their new bands are their focus.  Short term?  yes.  Long term?  They are lying if they say they don't have that itch still. 

confused
You're lying to yourself. Way deep down inside, you know they won't.
and how would I know what's in your mind?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #253 on: October 17, 2007, 02:01:55 PM »

so hard as if he has to convince people of that. Wait, maybe he's lying and he actually remembers everything. hihi

We were arguing, whether, or not, an idomatic device was meant in a literal sense. Which, of course, it was not. Go back and re-read the posts.

For future reference, one should be careful of who they are tryng to mock.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #254 on: October 17, 2007, 02:10:08 PM »

so hard as if he has to convince people of that. Wait, maybe he's lying and he actually remembers everything. hihi

We were arguing, whether, or not, an idomatic device was meant in a literal sense. Which, of course, it was not. Go back and re-read the posts.

Right, and my point was whether or not it was meant in a directly literal sense was irrelevant.  That statement of not remembering 75% of what went on was close enough to the truth (be it actually 50%, 60%, etc.), as evidenced by Slash admitting he had to struggle to remember things and that it was hard enough to make based on facts alone, that Slash cannot paint a complete, record-straightening picture of what went on with the old GN'R.  Hence, his book should not be taken as a complete account of the rise and fall of GN'R, and instead should be taken as an entertaining rock memoir.

Ali
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #255 on: October 17, 2007, 02:29:17 PM »

Right, and my point was whether or not it was meant in a directly literal sense was irrelevant. That statement of not remembering 75% of what went on was close enough to the truth (be it actually 50%, 60%, etc.), as evidenced by Slash admitting he had to struggle to remember things and that it was hard enough to make based on facts alone, that Slash cannot paint a complete, record-straightening picture of what went on with the old GN'R. Hence, his book should not be taken as a complete account of the rise and fall of GN'R, and instead should be taken as an entertaining rock memoir.

Ali

... and it goes on ad infinitum. I think we all know it is a memoir, and not to be taken as the definitive history of the early days of GnR.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 02:31:57 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #256 on: October 17, 2007, 02:55:45 PM »

Something that just has crossed my mind: both Slash and Axl live in LA... they know where each other lives... they surely hang out in the same LA spots... how come they have never found each other all these years in LA??  Huh

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #257 on: October 17, 2007, 03:06:04 PM »

Indeed. A definitive history would be written by an academic and would use Slash's memoirs as one of very many sources.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #258 on: October 17, 2007, 03:36:04 PM »

Why should I? I'm not interested in the argument about a side issue not relevant anymore. The figure of speech could be used when he actually remembered like 1 percent. If you want to go on, explain why he says 'three quarter' and not 'half of'.

Care to elaborate?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #259 on: October 17, 2007, 04:57:30 PM »

Care to elaborate?

Since you ask ... That was a polite way to inform you that I might not be so generous the next time a banal response is include with a mocking reference.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: