Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:39:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 226787 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #960 on: November 11, 2007, 03:44:43 PM »

your my head is so far up slash's axl's ass its impossible to take your my posts seriously.

There, fixed that for ya mate!   And how right you are!  ok

fuck off you fucking troll.  why dont you go to a fucking velvet revolver board.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #961 on: November 11, 2007, 03:53:07 PM »

your my head is so far up slash's axl's ass its impossible to take your my posts seriously.

There, fixed that for ya mate!? ?And how right you are!? ok

fuck off you fucking troll.? why dont you go to a fucking velvet revolver board.

Jim Bob, you got owned.  That was pretty damn funny.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #962 on: November 11, 2007, 04:01:54 PM »

was it?  confused well some people would laugh at the drop of a top hat.
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #963 on: November 11, 2007, 04:01:57 PM »

I gotta say, I just finnished the book, and I used to get mad at people who called Axl's band "New-GNR".   Because as much as Slash & Duff Couldnt take Axl anymore, They Quit Guns N' Roses.  Just Like when Izzy Quit they kept the name, same here.

But i never knew Axl actually left the band before Slash & Duff to start a NEW band with the same name. and Slash & Duff had the the choice to join him.

I could be totally wrong here and I know there were many mistakes in this book and alot of things not even mentioned + this is only slash's view. But until someone could convince me otherwise its "NEW-GNR"

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #964 on: November 11, 2007, 04:12:24 PM »

I gotta say, I just finnished the book, and I used to get mad at people who called Axl's band "New-GNR".   Because as much as Slash & Duff Couldnt take Axl anymore, They Quit Guns N' Roses.  Just Like when Izzy Quit they kept the name, same here.

But i never knew Axl actually left the band before Slash & Duff to start a NEW band with the same name. and Slash & Duff had the the choice to join him.

I could be totally wrong here and I know there were many mistakes in this book and alot of things not even mentioned + this is only slash's view. But until someone could convince me otherwise its "NEW-GNR"

without Axl's side to the story, it doesn't mean shit.     I take it all with a grain of salt.  we don't know the circumstances nor do we know if Slash is lying nor do we know what Axl's reasoning might be.

and its "Guns N' Roses" and not a damn thing any of you people who want to say otherwise will change that.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #965 on: November 11, 2007, 04:13:17 PM »

There, fixed that for ya mate!   And how right you are!  ok

fuck off you fucking troll.  why dont you go to a fucking velvet revolver board.

Jim Bob, you got owned.  That was pretty damn funny.

whats funny is douchebags who are stuck in 1988 and still come to a guns n roses board in 2007 yet they don't like the fucking band anymore.
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #966 on: November 11, 2007, 04:17:11 PM »

I gotta say, I just finnished the book, and I used to get mad at people who called Axl's band "New-GNR".? ?Because as much as Slash & Duff Couldnt take Axl anymore, They Quit Guns N' Roses.? Just Like when Izzy Quit they kept the name, same here.

without Axl's side to the story, it doesn't mean shit.? ? ?I take it all with a grain of salt.? we don't know the circumstances nor do we know if Slash is lying nor do we know what Axl's reasoning might be.

and its "Guns N' Roses" and not a damn thing any of you people who want to say otherwise will change that.

Did Axl Leave Guns N' Roses to form a new band under the same name, like Slash said?

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
CSS
« Reply #967 on: November 11, 2007, 04:21:51 PM »

Did Axl Leave Guns N' Roses to form a new band under the same name, like Slash said?

Ehm, no?
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #968 on: November 11, 2007, 05:00:09 PM »

Yeah, there is no way you're going to get 'truth' from 1/5 of the story (be it Slash or Axl).? Probably because there is no 'truth' when it comes to perception.

Exactly! Everyone's perspective/perception is going to be different. Slash's book is how he remembers it.

Here's an exercise for people. The next time you're going out to party with your friends, have them write down their experience the next day. I guarantee it's not going to be the same way you remember it.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #969 on: November 11, 2007, 05:45:54 PM »

Let's keep the personal shit out of the thread, PM's are much better suited for "douchebag" commentary...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
circusboy666
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #970 on: November 11, 2007, 06:00:44 PM »

i was just wondering what anyone else thought of slash's perspective of axl. to me it just seemed like the rest of the band was so fd up that axl had no other choice than to isolate himself and take charge. now theres no excuses for his lateness/no show tantrums etc., but it must have been super frustrating for someone like him to deal with the others putting everything they worked so hard on on the line by putting their substance abuse and risk of losing their life before the band. just wondering what anyone else thought.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #971 on: November 11, 2007, 06:06:49 PM »

I would say Slash's book is most accuate.

Of course you would. I mean, this is "Flexible Slash". The man who would've done an industrial record with Axl but didn't want Dizzy in the band.

The man who claimed to hate Pearl Jam and now has a singer who's first hits were Pearl Jam clones.

The fact that he's so flexible is amazing. He never had any issues with any GN'R songs. He must've loved playing Sweet Child O' Mine!

The guy who's so proud of never causing a show to be canceled in GN'R due to his "activities" but fails to mention the canceled Snakepit shows in 2001.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #972 on: November 11, 2007, 06:22:42 PM »

Of course you would. I mean, this is "Flexible Slash". The man who would've done an industrial record with Axl but didn't want Dizzy in the band.

The man who claimed to hate Pearl Jam and now has a singer who's first hits were Pearl Jam clones.

The fact that he's so flexible is amazing. He never had any issues with any GN'R songs. He must've loved playing Sweet Child O' Mine!

The guy who's so proud of never causing a show to be canceled in GN'R due to his "activities" but fails to mention the canceled Snakepit shows in 2001.

/jarmo

jamro, good points. 

hell, he almost died in 01, so I guess had to cancell.

Jim Bob, you crack me up.  I just thought it was creative how he edited text and kind of got under you.  It was creative.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #973 on: November 11, 2007, 06:50:34 PM »

I just finished the book yesterday - and I liked the insight, even though only 1/5th of it, into Slash's last days in G N' R, among many other things.

I gotta say, though - their prank on Soundgarden was hilarious!

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #974 on: November 11, 2007, 07:45:39 PM »

/jarmo

Ok OK, I got ya'. Slash has done bad things and good things. I guess we can say that about all? the band members. You know as well as i do that axl was the most volatile member with control issues. I don't know, I just feel like Axl was so out of his head with wanting control that he was willing to destroy the band to get it.

But as of now After reading the book I can see how slash thought after Axls behavior, legal documents and pressure that leaving was his only option.

If it ain't fun, why do it? It's supposed to be rock n' roll, not a courtroom.

P.S.  Can someone post the interview where Axl said he wanted control?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 07:47:52 PM by CaughtMeInaComa » Logged
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #975 on: November 11, 2007, 08:06:50 PM »

without Axl's side to the story, it doesn't mean shit.     I take it all with a grain of salt.  we don't know the circumstances nor do we know if Slash is lying nor do we know what Axl's reasoning might be.

Is that what slash said? If so then why would he do that considering he already had control over the name and everything in the band because he "made the other guys sign over control over the band" according to slash....
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #976 on: November 11, 2007, 08:12:52 PM »

But in all honesty dude... you'd not take Axl's version with a grain of salt ... you'd believe it as gospel Smiley

Much like a lot of the guys here Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
AxlCorey
Opening Act

Ba ba booey

« Reply #977 on: November 11, 2007, 08:17:17 PM »

i was just wondering what anyone else thought of slash's perspective of axl. to me it just seemed like the rest of the band was so fd up that axl had no other choice than to isolate himself and take charge. now theres no excuses for his lateness/no show tantrums etc., but it must have been super frustrating for someone like him to deal with the others putting everything they worked so hard on on the line by putting their substance abuse and risk of losing their life before the band. just wondering what anyone else thought.

That same question popped into my head too....but then I thought that considering Axl still exhibits this behavior that Slash is probably dead on. ?I mean, the "New Guns" are pretty stable aren't they? ?The drug and alcohol behavior is extremely hidden with this group if that's Axl's current reasoning for going on late, etc....seems like Axl's problem to me.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #978 on: November 11, 2007, 08:30:05 PM »

Ok OK, I got ya'. Slash has done bad things and good things. I guess we can say that about all? the band members. You know as well as i do that axl was the most volatile member with control issues. I don't know, I just feel like Axl was so out of his head with wanting control that he was willing to destroy the band to get it.

But as of now After reading the book I can see how slash thought after Axls behavior, legal documents and pressure that leaving was his only option.

I didn't read the book.? Does Slash explain why the FOUR of them didn't stand up to the ONE and just not give him the control?? Is it because the four of them thought that without what Axl brought, they'd be just another mediocre band?? Huh

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #979 on: November 11, 2007, 08:46:14 PM »

Ok OK, I got ya'. Slash has done bad things and good things. I guess we can say that about all  the band members. You know as well as i do that axl was the most volatile member with control issues. I don't know, I just feel like Axl was so out of his head with wanting control that he was willing to destroy the band to get it.

I didn't read the book.  Does Slash explain why the FOUR of them didn't stand up to the ONE and just not give him the control?  Is it because the four of them thought that without what Axl brought, they'd be just another mediocre band?  Huh

I think he says something about how hard it is to find a great singer.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: