Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:26:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 227752 times)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #500 on: October 28, 2007, 10:28:15 AM »

Ok I?m kinda lost here... Wasn?t the book supposed to be out in November 1st?  Huh How come so many people have read it already? I can?t find it anywhere in my bookshops!  no

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #501 on: October 28, 2007, 10:33:18 AM »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slash-Autobiography/dp/0007257759/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/202-5607564-9477462?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1193581969&sr=8-1

You can get it here.
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #502 on: October 28, 2007, 10:49:16 AM »

I thought the whole reason he wrote this book is because the media changed his words and the stories, and slash wanted to correct it all. So i don't see why you guys are shoving articles that conflict with the book. Those false articles are one of the main reason this book is out.

Are you saying he was MISQUOTED year after year after year?

Please.? Roll Eyes

Believe it or not

/jarmo

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #503 on: October 28, 2007, 11:44:06 AM »

Oh please...

For once accept that Slash never kept his story straight.

So, it was a big worldwide press conspiracy to make Slash look like he quit cause of musical differences and now Slash puts the record straight?

Get fuckin serious...

The press was always against Axl and took Slash's side on the whole fight.

And every interviewer all around the world kept changing Slash's words to the same story? Musical differences?

For once do what Slash never did... Use your fuckin head. The one right above your shoulders...

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #504 on: October 28, 2007, 12:11:59 PM »

For once do what Slash never did... Use your fuckin head. The one right above your shoulders...

Don't be a hater. Angry
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #505 on: October 28, 2007, 12:22:03 PM »

Don't be a hater. Angry

Even after this, you're still my favorite English bastard...   Kiss

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #506 on: October 28, 2007, 04:24:39 PM »

I thought the whole reason he wrote this book is because the media changed his words and the stories, and slash wanted to correct it all. So i don't see why you guys are shoving articles that conflict with the book. Those false articles are one of the main reason this book is out.

Please.  Roll Eyes

Believe it or not

Hahahahaha.

You guys are amazing.

The guy can't keep his story straight and lies, but it's all a media conspiracy.

On top of that, some of you defend him!

Unbelievable!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #507 on: October 28, 2007, 04:38:52 PM »

in my opinion sometimes he just tried to hide real stories to the public eye, for any reason.
anyway, it's interesting to read his point of view. neither axl or slash has the truth, it's probably somewhere in the middle.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 04:48:13 PM by DeN » Logged

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Deniz
Headliner

I'll just end up walking in the cold november rain

« Reply #508 on: October 28, 2007, 05:08:32 PM »

So, it was a big worldwide press conspiracy to make Slash look like he quit cause of musical differences and now Slash puts the record straight?

So when it's a story against Axl, it's a lie because there's this big conspiracy in the media about  them taking Slash's side, but when it's against Slash or conflicts with what Slash says, it must be true?  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 05:10:26 PM by Deniz » Logged

Axl:When did you see me overreact
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #509 on: October 28, 2007, 06:43:14 PM »

Please.? Roll Eyes

Believe it or not

Hahahahaha.

You guys are amazing.

The guy can't keep his story straight and lies, but it's all a media conspiracy.

Unbelievable!

/jarmo

Have you read the book yet?

Just askin...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #510 on: October 28, 2007, 07:07:50 PM »

So when it's a story against Axl, it's a lie because there's this big conspiracy in the media about  them taking Slash's side, but when it's against Slash or conflicts with what Slash says, it must be true?  Roll Eyes

when the press is against Slash? Or Have they gone against him yet?
It's his own stories that conflict with each other. They just don't care as long as it's about GNR.

Then again who knows. The media is always looking for a new target. You watch.

I guess when the lies wore thin a case of a temporary memory disorder and confabulation would come across better than a congenital liar. (though in reality no one is better off with a brain damage.)

Don't be a hater. Angry

Even after this, you're still my favorite English bastard...   Kiss

wasn't Quasimodo French?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #511 on: October 28, 2007, 07:10:36 PM »

Please.  Roll Eyes

Believe it or not

Hahahahaha.

You guys are amazing.

Unbelievable!

/jarmo

Have you read the book yet?

Just askin...

Not yet.

But the question isn't about whether or not I read the book.

It's the fact that these Slash fans are now claiming Slash was misquoted in interview after interview for more than ten years.

Instead of saying what's really happened.....

Unbelievable!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #512 on: October 28, 2007, 07:41:52 PM »

Don't be a hater. Angry

Even after this, you're still my favorite English bastard...? ?Kiss

wasn't Quasimodo French?

I don't know if Quasimodo was French or not, but that's Igor, Dr. Frankenstein's assistant.

Frankenstein, or, The Modern Prometheus is a novel written by the British author Mary Shelley.

So Mary and Igor and AdZ are all British.? Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #513 on: October 28, 2007, 08:37:47 PM »

Big fucking deal already with this shit.? Why can't the reason that Slash quit have to do with both artistic differences like he has said in the past and some of the other reasons he's now talking about in his book?? Maybe after all these years he's more comfortable now talking about some of the other things going on in the band.? As if Slash doesn't have any points whether it be artistic or otherwise when it comes to working with Axl.? Why is everyone either with Slash or Axl?? As outside observers with limited knowledge to the actual happenings of the band during this period other then what each person involved wants us to hear, we should be able to be a hell of a lot more logical and subjective when it comes to individual opinions.? I have no reason not to continue supporting either of these guys.? Shit happened as it does between all of us and personal relationships we've all had over the course of our lives.? You guys each keep pointing out the contradictions as if each of you have never contradicted yourselves in your lives.? Put a microscope on yourself and you might begin to realize that you've said and done shit that you've regretted.? Move on!? I always used to think that Jarmo was a fair and objective person and respected him for that but it is pretty clear now that there is nothing Slash could do to be in his favor.? Unless that is Axl decided to make amends then I'm sure he wouldn't be so viamently suggesting that Slash is a piece of shit.?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 08:39:31 PM by 14 Yrs Of Silence » Logged

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #514 on: October 28, 2007, 08:44:33 PM »

Big fucking deal already with this shit. 

I know it must suck to realize that the media has been misquoting your hero for years....  rofl

I always used to think that Jarmo was a fair and objective person and respected him for that but it is pretty clear now that there is nothing Slash could do to be in his favor. 

Wrong. I think I gave him credit when he said he wouldn't talk about GN'R anymore.

But then he changed his mind in the next interview.....  Roll Eyes

I also thought it was cool that VR was gonna play less GN'R in their sets when Slash said so.

But then it turned out that was just Slash talking and they added another GN'R song to their set....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 08:49:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #515 on: October 28, 2007, 11:13:00 PM »

i'm not saying he's been misquoted, i'm saying he never fully explained himself.

if you find me slash saying he quit GnR because axl wanted industrial music, those words, in any particular order.

not because they had different visions, because thats so open to interpretation it's unreal.

then i'll agree with you, and openly say slash was wrong, just like he was with his account of st loius.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #516 on: October 28, 2007, 11:33:55 PM »

Unbelievable!
/jarmo

Member of original Guns N' Roses is occasionally full of shit and lies his as off  to press. *gasp*
Unheard of!

Just..HOW and WHY this is such a huge deal?
Why is it necessary to go though the whole "SLASH LIED!!!" - routine in Every.Single. VR or Slash  related thread someone creates  here?
Usually efficiently derailing it to meaningless endless debate that goes nowhere.

People lie.
People who were Original GNR are no exception.
Slash lies too.
Surely that dude is full of shit every now and then, no doubt about it.
Why and how is this something that deserves seemingly endless amount of effort and attention from  you? Why is it something that has to be given relentless attempts to stretch it into some sort of massive scale?

For..I dunno..12  years now I have firmly believed everyone in the band was full of shit at times. I believe they are
great, even brilliant musicians,camera friendly posers and also  complete fucking amateurs and train wrecks  when it comes to public relations of any kind. and in general insane pain in the ass to deal with on personal level.
In short, they got the typical traits of typical rock stars doing their thing?

Yet,  Slash lies and your reaction is a step away from proclaiming him as anti christ or something. Why is it such a huge fucking deal?

Following to no one in particular, you know who you are though.

"I don't want to read his biography, he LIES!"
 - Find a perfectly honest, perfectly objective official "written by myself" biography  and you've found something inhuman. And yeah, of course it is "just his side of the story"
Whose side of the story would/should  it be, if not his? Bumblefoot's?
Every word there wont be gospel. It still has insane potential, and Slash has potentially one amazing story to tell.

Some people here are trying to look forward for the book, open this thread wanting to read about it. And booya, assload of idiotic endless fucking bullshit, that essentially comes down to you guys figuring out who was or wasnt a saint in band that was essentially 4 or 5 massive assholes.*
Nice boys don't  play rock and roll.

*Not sure about Izzy! He might be a plesant guy<3
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:23:28 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #517 on: October 29, 2007, 02:06:26 AM »

i'm not saying he's been misquoted, i'm saying he never fully explained himself.

if you find me slash saying he quit GnR because axl wanted industrial music, those words, in any particular order.

not because they had different visions, because thats so open to interpretation it's unreal.

then i'll agree with you, and openly say slash was wrong, just like he was with his account of st loius.

It's not that he's been misquoted or not fully explained himself.  He's changed his story.  He may never have said outright that he quit because Axl wanted to do an industrial record (which obviously isn't even true), but the implication that he made time and again is obvious:  He quit because he thought GN'R should stick to their blues-based rock roots whereas Axl wanted to embrace different influences and evolve sonically.  Tom Zutuat and Matt Sorum have said as much.

There is nothing that Slash has created that indicates any openness towards a dramatic stylistic shift.  Nothing at all.  Libertad represented a slight stylistic shift, but nowhere near as huge as a shift to industrial music would create.

Ali
recklessroad
Opening Act

recklessroad.com

« Reply #518 on: October 29, 2007, 03:04:20 AM »

The reason GNR got together in the first place was to make music that they liked for them selfs, not what they think the world wants.

recklessroad.com
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #519 on: October 29, 2007, 08:46:34 AM »

Wrong. I think I gave him credit when he said he wouldn't talk about GN'R anymore.

But then he changed his mind in the next interview..... 

Honestly?  Who cares?  The media is never going to let him stop talking about GnR.  The point is Slash has always been media friendly, always did interviews, when the other band members wouldn't.  So he has the most wealth of Q & A to wade through.  And yeah, I'm sure his opinons/accounts varied somewhat depending on how he felt that day, how much he felt like revealing to that person and so on....that's life. 

Personally, I've never found him to be vindictive and he's usually shown a lot of restraint when it comes to talking about the past.  I think he's got a lot of integrity.  JMO.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: