Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:21:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 227737 times)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #480 on: October 27, 2007, 06:17:45 PM »

I guess in velvet revolver everyone is very equal.

sure, why?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #481 on: October 27, 2007, 06:23:11 PM »

Do you guys know where we can pre-order?  sorry, i don't feel like reading all the back pages.  Wink
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #482 on: October 27, 2007, 06:26:32 PM »

Wow, Jarmo has hit the nail on the head and given proof to back it up.  Slash has said time and again that he had a beef with Axl wanting the band's sound to evolve.  Matt Sorum has said it, and others have said it.

I don't know what to think now.

Ali

jarmo posted articles to back it up.

how ever with what jarmo was saying it also makes it seem like slash wanted to commit suicide over music differences, slash didn't like the direction the band was heading an out and out dictatorship, with the additional info you get from the book you can put those small articles into place and see the overall picture, without reading the book you're left creating your own interpretation of what is said.

Those "small articles" offer insights to the stuff he's been saying for years. You know, the time between when he left GN'R and the book being published?

Which in time is about eleven years.

It's possible that there's more than one reason for his decision.

But those are his words.

He didn't offer a better explanation in any of the interviews.

Now years later he puts out a book and you excuse all  those quotes with "Oh but Slash said that but he meant this....".

It's like he's not taking any responsibility for anything that happened.

He's just listing reasons and he's not to blame for anything.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #483 on: October 27, 2007, 07:28:29 PM »

Do you guys know where we can pre-order?? sorry, i don't feel like reading all the back pages.? Wink

It's on Amazon for sure.

Ali
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #484 on: October 27, 2007, 07:29:38 PM »

Slash is scheduled to be on David Letterman this upcoming Tuesday, Oct. 30th, not with VR, but on his own. ?As far as I can remember, this is his first sit down conversation on a late night talk show. ?I'm sure Letterman will ask him what his intentions were on writing the book, etc. ?This should be very interesting.....

cybercurves

Source:  http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/show_info/pants/
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 07:45:08 PM by cybercurves » Logged
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #485 on: October 27, 2007, 07:35:22 PM »

Slash is scheduled to be on David Letterman this upcoming Tuesday, Oct. 30th, not with VR, but on his own.  As far as I can remember, this is his first sit down conversation on a late night talk show.  I'm sure Letterman will ask him what his intentions were on writing the book, etc.  This should be very interesting.....

cybercurves

Thank you for letting us(me) know about Slash being on television. Hopefully though, someone will put it on Youtube so I don't have to watch Letterman.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #486 on: October 27, 2007, 07:39:21 PM »

No matter how you cut it, Slash has changed his tune on the artistic differences reasoning for his departure from GN'R.

In listening to everything he did with GN'R, Snakepit and VR, I cannot believe that he would've hung in with GN'R had they in fact gone industrial. ?I just don't see it. ?There is nothing that he's done musically that shows that he is open to a tremendous stylistic shift. ?Nothing. ?About the biggest shift I've seen is with Libertad in moving away from a more guitar-driven, aggressive, bluesy, rock record. ?That's it.

Ali
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #487 on: October 27, 2007, 11:17:31 PM »

Wow.  For all those bashing Slash I wonder what your stance might be if in fact he rejoined GN'R down the road?  Give the guy a break about lieing about visiting Axl's house.  That was a private matter aired publicly.  I can sympathize for Slash and I have no reason to doubt his reasons for leaving the band.  What began as an equal partnership became Axl's project and for someone as talented as Slash that wasn't going to cut it.  Axl, dealing with his own issues over the years, did not make things easy for Slash or the other members to work with.  All due respect to Axl and I've been obsessed for far too many years waiting for Chinese Democracy, but as a creative person I can only imagine how difficult things had become for Slash.  I can only hope that down the road they'll be able to move beyond this shit and come back together for what would be the greatest reunion of all time.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #488 on: October 28, 2007, 01:46:40 AM »

Slash is scheduled to be on David Letterman this upcoming Tuesday, Oct. 30th, not with VR, but on his own.? As far as I can remember, this is his first sit down conversation on a late night talk show.? I'm sure Letterman will ask him what his intentions were on writing the book, etc.? This should be very interesting.....

cybercurves

Thank you for letting us(me) know about Slash being on television. Hopefully though, someone will put it on Youtube so I don't have to watch Letterman.

That's fucking funny dude, you made my night!

(About Letterman)

I just might get the book to see what he has to say about Axl.

Hopefully I can just borrow it from someone though.
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #489 on: October 28, 2007, 03:24:40 AM »

one thing that did bug me with the book was his account of the st louis incident, it seems a little off.

Thats because its wrong, anyone who has seen the pro shot video knows Slash is full of it regarding this show.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #490 on: October 28, 2007, 05:28:57 AM »

Slash 2007

3) losing Izzy and Steven, who were such an integral part of the band's sound and personality...without them, the band no longer had its original chemistry.

Slash in November, 1993

" During Appetite..., Lies and Use Your... I had to put up with Izzy the whole time. I never liked playing with him. It was wonderful to escape him on this record. It sounds tighter and so much cooler than anything we've done before. I always got irritated over Izzy's way of playing. It didn't sound right. Before "Spaghetti", we erased his guitar and Gilby put on a new one. It sounded perfect!"

confused

rofl my new sig file.
JAC185
« Reply #491 on: October 28, 2007, 08:31:14 AM »

We know Axl bashed Izzy aswell and we know how that turned out, its obvious at the time when they were pissed at Izzy and wanted to seem happy with Gilby thats the spin they'd put on it.

Also, Slash does somewhat concede they had different musical directions in mind, but what he says that it would be frankly stupid for such a great band to split over something like that that could be worked out, he says the other factors were more dominant, and because of them, it became impossible to work things out.

Paraphrasing it is very hard as he mentions it at various times as obviously his departure wasn't based on a day, it was a culmination of years of events.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #492 on: October 28, 2007, 08:44:57 AM »

We know Axl bashed Izzy aswell and we know how that turned out, its obvious at the time when they were pissed at Izzy and wanted to seem happy with Gilby thats the spin they'd put on it.

Also, Slash does somewhat concede they had different musical directions in mind, but what he says that it would be frankly stupid for such a great band to split over something like that that could be worked out, he says the other factors were more dominant, and because of them, it became impossible to work things out.

Paraphrasing it is very hard as he mentions it at various times as obviously his departure wasn't based on a day, it was a culmination of years of events.
Yea Axl bashed Izzy several times but thats neither here nor there.   And I dont remember him saying anything bad about Izzy's playing other than drugged up live performances.

but isn't it strange to say that Gilby was in a sense filling a void that Izzy COULDN'T.. then turn around and say part of the reason he left the band was because Izzy wasn't there?
JAC185
« Reply #493 on: October 28, 2007, 08:51:35 AM »

Oh yeah, definitely, sometimes i get the feeling Slash doesn't even know how he feels about some things, just depends on the day you catch him. I don't think its anything malicious though, just naiive perhaps.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #494 on: October 28, 2007, 09:26:12 AM »

or in 1993 he was just off his face on various substances.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #495 on: October 28, 2007, 09:32:33 AM »

I swore to myself that I would never post, or visit,  here again.

Fuckin' whore.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #496 on: October 28, 2007, 09:33:41 AM »

Izzy is one of the greatest fucking songwriters and rythym guitarists of our time.   
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #497 on: October 28, 2007, 09:37:39 AM »

Izzy is one of the greatest fucking songwriters and rythym guitarists of our time.

... then someone has to go and make a post like this.? all hail what was meant to be(as he bows).

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Deniz
Headliner

I'll just end up walking in the cold november rain

« Reply #498 on: October 28, 2007, 09:49:27 AM »

I thought the whole reason he wrote this book is because the media changed his words and the stories, and slash wanted to correct it all. So i don't see why you guys are shoving articles that conflict with the book. Those false articles are one of the main reason this book is out.

Axl:When did you see me overreact
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #499 on: October 28, 2007, 10:16:34 AM »

I thought the whole reason he wrote this book is because the media changed his words and the stories, and slash wanted to correct it all. So i don't see why you guys are shoving articles that conflict with the book. Those false articles are one of the main reason this book is out.

Are you saying he was MISQUOTED year after year after year?

Please.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: