Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:54:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 227839 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #420 on: October 25, 2007, 11:43:22 PM »

You have to remember that Slash quit the band and Axl kept going.

I don't know if Slash had seen that coming or if he thought Axl would just let GN'R die.

It's also possible for him to give "his version" of the story and in the process make himself look better. But is that the complete story and the whole truth?

I haven't read the book myself, but it doesn't hurt to remind people of the tactics Slash has used in the past.

Ok, well someone is taking the piss out of you because there is a picture of you and the subject on Slash's book in the Metalsludge forum.? I wasn't to know someone done that.

Looks like somebody should be grounded from the Internet for a few weeks.

/jarmo

Slash didn't just quit on his own. Axl made Slash and Duff ?sign over the name while on tour so he could be in-charge of things. At that point it was no longer a band effort. When it was time to make a record Slash gave Axl 12 songs for the record and Axl said that he liked 3 of the songs but maybe he would do 4 of them. The biggest problem was that they tried to put a record together with out Izzy's help. That was the second mistake they made. Izzy was a great song starter, then everybody would add to it and it would become a different song. Also Axl wanted to add more to the mix and hired Zackk Wylde ?a second lead guitar player. Axl was looking for something new and Slash wanted to work on songs that sounded like Appetite. No way was Axl going to go back in time. Also when you have a band with Slash in it you don't need a second lead guitar player. Axl was ready to experiment with some new things and Slash was not into that. Then Axl hired Paul and Slash was not into that either. Also ?Slash's ego was a little too big and he thought he could do it on his own with Snakepit since he no longer had a say so in GNR but when you only have input coming from 1 guy it's not the same as having Axl Slash Duff and Izzy adding to the song-writing. So Slash soon found out that you need a mix of different songwriters to make it work. He wanted to come back to GNR but that didn't work out. So Slash Duff and Matt started up Velvet Revolver and got lucky to find Scott. Axl was able to keep guns going and has over 50 songs from working with all the news guys. I see it as sort of a marriage that was time to end because of musical differences. So you can't just say Slash just quit the band because the band was dissolved when Axl took over the name. Maybe some day they will work together but not until Axl does his thing with the new guys for a few records and they can come to some kind of mutual agreement. Also I think if that did happened, I still think Axl would still work with both the old guys and the new.

Did Axl put a gun to their heads and make them sign over rights to FUTURE USE of the GN'R name?

If not, then he didn't make them.? They made a choice and agreed to let him use the name if they ever parted.

Sorry, I just think it's weak to make a choice and not take responsibility for making that choice, in general.

Ali
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:48:19 PM by Ali » Logged
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #421 on: October 26, 2007, 12:42:17 AM »

thats a bit unfair, Axl threatened to quit mid tour unless they signed the name over losing heaps of money. thats pretty much putting a gun to their head.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #422 on: October 26, 2007, 12:58:05 AM »

thats a bit unfair, Axl threatened to quit mid tour unless they signed the name over losing heaps of money. thats pretty much putting a gun to their head.

No, it's not.  All you're doing is repeating a rumor you heard about what happened.

Ali
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #423 on: October 26, 2007, 02:53:20 AM »

IF thats the case (and really we dont know), thats not putting a gun to their heads.  They were all adults capable of making their own decisions.

Bottom line, we dont kno the circumstances, but one thing is for sure.  If it was that important to the ex-members, Axl wouldn't have gotten full control of the name Wink
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #424 on: October 26, 2007, 04:49:55 AM »

yeah why the fvck they gave control over the name??? does he mention in the book?

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #425 on: October 26, 2007, 05:05:49 AM »

Perhaps the knives in their backs (which this contract was) made them think funny?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #426 on: October 26, 2007, 05:44:27 AM »

Perhaps the knives in their backs (which this contract was) made them think funny?
knives in their backs?  dude you dont shit about what happened.   neither do I, but we cannot prove anyone was stabbed in the back. 

JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #427 on: October 26, 2007, 05:53:59 AM »

The drafting of a contract for a band which excludes all band members but one is a stab in the back in my book. This is not something which can be defended, and it doesn't matter which band or band members we are discussing.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #428 on: October 26, 2007, 06:15:18 AM »

was an awesome book, a really good read especially the early years

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #429 on: October 26, 2007, 06:31:39 AM »

The drafting of a contract for a band which excludes all band members but one is a stab in the back in my book. This is not something which can be defended, and it doesn't matter which band or band members we are discussing.

we know nothing of any 'contract'.    business is business.   

if anything, Axl is simply the better businessman.  More power to him.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #430 on: October 26, 2007, 07:49:46 AM »

we know nothing of any 'contract'. business is business.

if anything, Axl is simply the better businessman. More power to him.

I don't give a rats ass about my favourite musicians business sense, I agree with JimBobTTD that this was a fucking rotten move that can't be defended in any sensible way.

more power to kidnappers succeeding in getting the ransom too. peace
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 07:51:32 AM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #431 on: October 26, 2007, 07:51:22 AM »

what can't be defended is the fact that you still come to this site when you have no interest in the band and clearly have a boner for bashing Axl Rose.

YOU DO NOT KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF WHAT WENT DOWN.  STOP ACTING LIKE YOU DO.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #432 on: October 26, 2007, 07:52:51 AM »

what can't be defended is the fact that you still come to this site when you have no interest in the band and clearly have a boner for bashing Axl Rose.

he's my favourite frontman. I just don't agree with everything he does, is that such a huge problem for you?

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #433 on: October 26, 2007, 07:53:43 AM »

^^ ooh, so angry.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #434 on: October 26, 2007, 07:58:04 AM »

fuck off.

all you do is come here and troll for a lineup that has been gone for 11 years.    you are a waste of my fucking time.    you speculate and make dumbass fucking assumptions about things you do not know.    you don't have any interest in Guns N' Roses as it is in 2007.  If you did, you would quit fucking complaining that Axl owns the name Guns N' Roses and worrying about shit that may or may not have happened over 15 fucking years ago.   

comparing Axl to a kidnapper?   a fucking criminal?   fuck you man.  go play at MyGNR where that kind of shit is cool.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #435 on: October 26, 2007, 08:21:13 AM »

hehe, allright.
I have an interest in the 2007 GNR, Im just waiting for them to do something I find interesting.
and I don't mean touring, unless they come around here, which I expect them to do sometime after the album is out.
Im not worrying about anything that did or didn't happen 15 years ago. just saying it was a shitty thing to do. and as for it not happening, haven't both Duff and Slash stated that it did happen?
I'll take it as 66,6% true then.
thanks for telling me what my interests are, you must know me really well! Cheesy
and thank you for wasting your time, it's entertaining.

darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #436 on: October 26, 2007, 09:05:49 AM »

I agree, there's been multiple reports about this. You don't tell your bandmates who are supposed to be your friends that you won't go on stage if they don't sign a contract. Especially with the riots you've already caused. Even though the whole band wasn't responsible for the riots they felt awful about it and didn't want this to happen again.
Don't you find it a little odd that all the new members aren't members but on contract, does that not tell you there is a slight problem. Axl is a great frontman, my favorite ever. Great person...umm no. Not saying Slash is an angel here but i wouldn't pursue the argument of the contract, you don't pull that shit with your bandmates. That's really unprofessional. If it was an issue it would have been done after the tour when they weren't ambushed and would have been able to talk to lawyers and bussiness managers.
CSS
« Reply #437 on: October 26, 2007, 09:18:26 AM »

Could you guys just shut up?

Talk about the friggin' book or leave.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #438 on: October 26, 2007, 10:35:26 AM »

I agree, there's been multiple reports about this. You don't tell your bandmates who are supposed to be your friends that you won't go on stage if they don't sign a contract. Especially with the riots you've already caused. Even though the whole band wasn't responsible for the riots they felt awful about it and didn't want this to happen again.
Don't you find it a little odd that all the new members aren't members but on contract, does that not tell you there is a slight problem. Axl is a great frontman, my favorite ever. Great person...umm no. Not saying Slash is an angel here but i wouldn't pursue the argument of the contract, you don't pull that shit with your bandmates. That's really unprofessional. If it was an issue it would have been done after the tour when they weren't ambushed and would have been able to talk to lawyers and bussiness managers.

Multiple reports?  No.  Rumors?  Yes.  There's a big difference.  I've yet to hear any band member's account of how the rights to future use of the GN'R name were given to Axl.  Until we do hear a band member's account, it is just rumor and you're just regurgitating it.

There is no problem with the new band members being on contract.  Axl was a founding member, they weren't.  As the only founding member still in GN'R, he should have ownership of the GN'R name.

I always find it funny when fans assume they know what an artist they like is truly like as a person because of what the media reports.  You don't know what Axl is like as a person, so don't sit there and say whether or not he's a great person.  You have no idea and neither does anyone else on this board.

Ali
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #439 on: October 26, 2007, 11:19:17 AM »

That's nice...well I'll let you have the pleasure of retaining your squeky clean image of Axl. I'm not going to get into one of these insane crazy arguments again. Some people talked the same way some of you do around here when they spoke of Charles Manson.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: