Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:43:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 211208 times)
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #1420 on: December 08, 2007, 11:13:10 AM »

Funny, what? Like he amuses you? Like he's a clown? Like he's a clown here to amuse you? How the f**k is he funny? What the f**k is so funny about him!

peace
I'm just sayin' he's funny.? You know, like the way he tells a story. hihi

Nice one! Glad you got the quote.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1421 on: December 08, 2007, 11:47:08 AM »

if even Duff says it...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1422 on: December 08, 2007, 11:54:36 AM »

if even Duff says it...

yeah that's really bad as i recall duff saying that he don't remember anything from the UYI tour and shit like that.. I also think that duff has said that if he'll ever write an autobiography he'll ask matt about the UYI tour since he has a great memory or something.. (or he's just great at lying so people believe it hihi )
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1423 on: December 08, 2007, 06:45:35 PM »

Funny, what? Like he amuses you? Like he's a clown? Like he's a clown here to amuse you? How the f**k is he funny? What the f**k is so funny about him!

peace
I'm just sayin' he's funny.  You know, like the way he tells a story. hihi

lmao thanks for that one it gave me a laugh.  hihi  ok

anymore errors in the book found?

html sucks
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1424 on: December 09, 2007, 02:21:04 AM »

if even Duff says it...

Yeah, the thing is he is asked what he thought of the book and he says "he has a worse memory than I do."  I don't know how else you can interpret that other than he remembers things inaccurately.  I mean, you can't say someone has a bad memory because they included certain events in the book and not others.  That's editing and content selection, not bad memory.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1425 on: December 09, 2007, 06:50:33 PM »

I do not post much..I just linger. I knew slash many years ago and he does have a very, very, very poor memory of the past. There are many things in his book that are totally wrong. The Todd Crew story being one of them. I knew Todd well and know the exact circumstance of how he died. I was told by Slash himself. Todd did not die as it is told in the book. It is was very upsetting to me because it made Todd look like some sort of looser. After I read that part, I put the book down. He either does not remeber people correctly duor he is just flat out lieing (sp?).

I do not recall ever seeing Slash NOT on any sort of substance. So I think he was just also so loaded he does not remeber things correctly.

By the way, I am mentioned in the book....2 years before I ever met him. Just on that alone, I do not believe 100% of any thing he says int the book. It is either totally false or a half truth.

Just my 2 cents

Interesting points.....

Duff's "he has a worse memory than I do" comment is also interesting.

Is that just a nice way of saying "don't believe everything you read in it"?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #1426 on: December 09, 2007, 08:04:43 PM »

considering there are two threads on the same topic here, i'll post this in both.
delete one, if you feel you must, admin...

well, here's one which confused me:

in his book, Slash said that they ran into Adrianna Smith in NY because she was there visiting some friends at the same time, so they hooked up, and the whole Rocket Queen recording thing happened. He says that she was sleeping with Axl for a whole week already in NY, and that when it came down to recording the parts, he was all for it, and even helped them set up the scene.

In Marc Canter's book (Reckless Road), she says that Slash invited her to join them in NY, and since she had friends there, she did. She also (in my understanding of it) implied that Slash had no clue about her stint with Axl, and called her up the next day after he heard the recording, demanding that she comes to the studio and explain herself, because she cheated on Steve, who was his best friend.

So according to that statement, Slash wasn't even aware of the idea for Rocket Queen, let alone present at the studio for the recording.

not sure whose take to believe on this one. Also in his book, he refers to her as Adriana Smith, and in Canter's book she is referred to as Adriana Smith on one page, and as Adriana Durgan on the other page. Maybe she married later or whatever, but it was never said, which just confused the shit out of me.

I aksed this on the thread about Marc Canter's book and got this answer.

One question about the book though. Adriana Dunken(sp) and Adriana Smith, they are both said in the book to be the girl in Rocket Queen. So it is the same person with a married and maiden surname or is it a mistake ?   

it's the same person, she changed her last name.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1427 on: December 09, 2007, 08:59:41 PM »

I do not post much..I just linger. I knew slash many years ago and he does have a very, very, very poor memory of the past. There are many things in his book that are totally wrong. The Todd Crew story being one of them. I knew Todd well and know the exact circumstance of how he died. I was told by Slash himself. Todd did not die as it is told in the book. It is was very upsetting to me because it made Todd look like some sort of looser. After I read that part, I put the book down. He either does not remeber people correctly duor he is just flat out lieing (sp?).

I do not recall ever seeing Slash NOT on any sort of substance. So I think he was just also so loaded he does not remeber things correctly.

By the way, I am mentioned in the book....2 years before I ever met him. Just on that alone, I do not believe 100% of any thing he says int the book. It is either totally false or a half truth.

Just my 2 cents

Interesting points.....

/jarmo

Kind of sounds that way, doesn't it? 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1428 on: December 09, 2007, 09:09:41 PM »

Just my 2 cents

Interesting points.....

/jarmo

Kind of sounds that way, doesn't it? 

What do I know? I'm just an asshole who hates Slash.  rofl

Never mind if the people who were there think Slash's book is full of half truths, lies and errors......

Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1429 on: December 09, 2007, 09:14:07 PM »

Oh wow.  Didn't think you'd get so touchy!  The thing is I do tend to take, more seriously, what someone says, who really was "there".  No offense intended, really......
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1430 on: December 09, 2007, 09:28:28 PM »

Oh wow.  Didn't think you'd get so touchy!  The thing is I do tend to take, more seriously, what someone says, who really was "there".  No offense intended, really......

No I'm not. I was joking.

I just find it amusing how I get attacked for pointing out the factual errors I found, I wasn't even there and I still found some.

Now, people who were there seem to think it's also got errors.... Stuff that most fans wouldn't know about.

Are the people who attacked me going call Duff an asshole and sad for pointing out Slash doesn't remember much?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 10:03:56 PM by jarmo » Logged

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1431 on: December 09, 2007, 11:28:22 PM »

I wish the book would have focused a little more on musical journey vs. all this bs.
Missy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1432 on: December 11, 2007, 08:45:07 PM »

considering there are two threads on the same topic here, i'll post this in both.
delete one, if you feel you must, admin...

well, here's one which confused me:

in his book, Slash said that they ran into Adrianna Smith in NY because she was there visiting some friends at the same time, so they hooked up, and the whole Rocket Queen recording thing happened. He says that she was sleeping with Axl for a whole week already in NY, and that when it came down to recording the parts, he was all for it, and even helped them set up the scene.

In Marc Canter's book (Reckless Road), she says that Slash invited her to join them in NY, and since she had friends there, she did. She also (in my understanding of it) implied that Slash had no clue about her stint with Axl, and called her up the next day after he heard the recording, demanding that she comes to the studio and explain herself, because she cheated on Steve, who was his best friend.

So according to that statement, Slash wasn't even aware of the idea for Rocket Queen, let alone present at the studio for the recording.

not sure whose take to believe on this one. Also in his book, he refers to her as Adriana Smith, and in Canter's book she is referred to as Adriana Smith on one page, and as Adriana Durgan on the other page. Maybe she married later or whatever, but it was never said, which just confused the shit out of me.

Adriana Smith is Adriana Durgan. Durgan is her married name. She is now divoriced. I know her well.
Missy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1433 on: December 11, 2007, 09:04:52 PM »

As for Duff - when asked what he thought his reply was "I think he's got a worse memory than I do".

Anyone that wants to see it - http://youtube.com/watch?v=pd6rYXntac4? ? it's at about 8:29

That was cool. Duff is right on.

The book needs to be considered fiction. It is a total joke.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1434 on: December 11, 2007, 09:20:28 PM »

As for Duff - when asked what he thought his reply was "I think he's got a worse memory than I do".

Anyone that wants to see it - http://youtube.com/watch?v=pd6rYXntac4? ? it's at about 8:29

That was cool. Duff is right on.

The book needs to be considered fiction. It is a total joke.

At the very least, you cannot consider it doing anything of the "record straightening" sort.  You have to have your facts straight in order to set the record straight. 

After reading what you wrote and then the coup de grace of what Duff said, the book has lost a ton of credibility for me, and I hope for others.  At least, in the sense of it being an accurate account, or record-straightening account of what happened with GN'R. 

Sure, Slash can still explain his feelings and whatnot, but the underlying events leading to how he felt seem hazy at best now.

Say whatever you want, but Duff has no incentive to say what he did other than it being the truth about Slash's book.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1435 on: December 11, 2007, 11:57:43 PM »

I have seen it referred to as a memoir not an autobiography more now.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1436 on: December 12, 2007, 12:14:14 AM »

I have seen it referred to as a memoir not an autobiography more now.

This is the definition of memoir I've seen:

A memoir is a piece of autobiographical writing, usually shorter in nature than a comprehensive autobiography. The memoir, especially as it is being used in publishing today, often tries to capture certain highlights or meaningful moments in one's past, often including a contemplation of the meaning of that event at the time of the writing of the memoir. The memoir may be more emotional and concerned with capturing particular scenes, or a series of events, rather than documenting every fact of a person's life

Based on that definition, I would agree that memoir is more appropriate.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1437 on: December 12, 2007, 12:18:46 AM »

I found this interesting..,

The lines are fine, but they are lines nevertheless. We need to differentiate between memoir (a particularized focus on memories, feelings and recollections) and autobiography (recalling one?s own life and times), between a roman a clef (telling the tale the way the author would have liked it to have gone) and autobiographical fiction (a novel based on the life of the author). Readers and writers need to be able to make the distinction between ?fact? and ?remembered fact?, ?fiction? and ?fictionalized biography.?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
axe
Rocker

« Reply #1438 on: December 22, 2007, 01:53:37 PM »

And the Stephen King story where the past is eating up in people's heels is The Langoliers and not the Tommyknockers!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1439 on: December 23, 2007, 11:20:17 PM »

Just got book.  Can't wait to read.  Some amazing photos.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: