Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 03:29:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 211930 times)
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1380 on: December 03, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »

He didn't give the middle finger you fucking bunch of Slash bashers!
His words at the gig were, "It doesn't matter anyway, the microphones broke, were outa here!"

AND THEN HE THREW A GUITAR PICK INTO THE CROWD!

I thought he gave the finger at first as well, but if you look again you'll see what i'm talking about.

And fair enough he should have checked the fucking footage before writing that shit in his book, but anyone could see how out of it he was at that show.
Whos knows? Maybe the conversation he had with Doug happened offstage and Slash just doesn't realise.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1381 on: December 03, 2007, 11:40:55 AM »

Whos knows? Maybe the conversation he had with Doug happened offstage and Slash just doesn't realise.

Yeah, it's possible Slash talked to him after walking offstage.

But the version in the book makes it seem like Axl left and they kept playing until they realized he wouldn't come back.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1382 on: December 03, 2007, 11:41:13 AM »

His words at the gig were, "It doesn't matter anyway, the microphones broke, were outa here!"

I thought he gave the finger at first as well, but if you look again you'll see what i'm talking about.

And fair enough he should have checked the fucking footage before writing that shit in his book, but anyone could see how out of it he was at that show.

I was at this show. It was very dangerous. This riot was worse than the one I was at in philly in 2002, though that one wasn't fun either. As for the St. Louis show, if you were there or saw the video footage, Slash did not jump into the crowd and punch a security guard. Slash did not stop the show and leave the stage. Slash actually had axl's back that night! he stuck up for him! Instead of saying, we are staying, ignore what axl did and said, he said we are outta here...he backed axl up. he supported him. and slash did say the mics broke and then we are outta here. he threw his pick into the crowd. he did NOT give the middle finger! so, if anyone else was at the show, please feel free to discuss what happened.

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
elmir
VIP

« Reply #1383 on: December 03, 2007, 11:46:58 AM »

I was at this show. It was very dangerous. This riot was worse than the one I was at in philly in 2002,

jeez, you're quite a seasoned fan?

these two were major events in gnr history....have you attended anything else which impacted the band's status/direction/future as well?

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1384 on: December 03, 2007, 11:48:59 AM »

I was at this show. It was very dangerous. This riot was worse than the one I was at in philly in 2002,

jeez, you're quite a seasoned fan?

these two were major events in gnr history....have you attended anything else which impacted the band's status/direction/future as well?

yes, a lot. what would you like to know? you can ask me about old or new gnr. i hope to attend more shows in the near future...

elmir
VIP

« Reply #1385 on: December 03, 2007, 11:52:08 AM »

yes, a lot. what would you like to know? you can ask me about old or new gnr. i hope to attend more shows in the near future...

been there when they played some songs only for the first time, and seldomly ever again?
been there for one of Axl's famous rants?

nice, i envy you in a way.
i've only seen them once...so far...the 06 line up....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1386 on: December 03, 2007, 11:58:11 AM »

been there when they played some songs only for the first time, and seldomly ever again?

there is too much to list. ill give you some examples, though. heard november rain for the first time played live. that was great because i had the demo for about 2 years and to finally here it live, that was special. saratoga 91', axl goes off on poison (who suck big time btw-sorry brett fans), and we sing "get in the ring" for the album. however, the best and most memorable show had to be the first new gnr show in vegas new years 00.' we are waiting around for about 3 hours waiting and then at 3:30 am , they hit the stage and its unreal. i mean we had no idea what the setlist would be. we havent seen axl in a long time. we didnt know what the new guys were like and then the new songs they played. that was seriously one of the best nights of my life....my description does not do it justice.....

elmir
VIP

« Reply #1387 on: December 03, 2007, 12:01:39 PM »

you should write an anti-slash book then....and set the record straight proper.
we. as fans impact these dudes so much that some of them blame our obsessions for all sorts of shit happening to them....

if mick wall can have a gnr book....so can we....

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1388 on: December 03, 2007, 12:08:57 PM »

You're right, Slash may not realize or properly remember the sequence of events. 

But, whether intentional or not, Slash does misrepresent the sequence of events.  While that may be understandable in one sense, there is a consequence to that, which again, may not be what Slash was intending to happen.  It makes it look like he/they were more opposed to Axl leaving the stage in anger than they were at the time, in truth.

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1389 on: December 03, 2007, 12:33:37 PM »

Why is it that this is suddenly about "Slash haters"?

Even if you're Slash himself, you can probably see in the bootleg that what he says in his book is not the correct description of what actually happened.

I find it confusing how some Izzy fans were bashing that Izzy biography scam and pointed out how it had errors in it. I didn't see a big outrage back then. Was it because it was unofficial? So it was ok to point them out?

But once Slash writes a book, and makes claims about wanting to set the record straight, you should just be quiet and accept that he's not setting the record straight regarding certain events?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1390 on: December 03, 2007, 02:37:45 PM »

the main point with the st. louis incident is if slash had seen the proof/proshot footage or not (and when). otherwise his story is just from his memories....16,5 years ago. if he had seen it....well then he did tell the wrong story by purpose. even if not....the proshot leaked 3,5 years ago, he doesnt have a copy?? hihi

but i apologize for the middlefinger, just saw the clip again, it seems its just the guitar plec he is throwing into the crowd. but still this doesnt change the truth that they were NOT playing on Rocket Queen waiting for Axl to get back on stage - like slash wants the book readers to believe.
and hell no, i'm not a slash hater, nice try.

Re-Union time, baby!!
SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #1391 on: December 03, 2007, 05:14:39 PM »

there is too much to list. ill give you some examples, though. heard november rain for the first time played live. that was great because i had the demo for about 2 years and to finally here it live, that was special. saratoga 91', axl goes off on poison (who suck big time btw-sorry brett fans)
Bret is pretty sad anyways, though. Having a show on VH1 to get a girlfriend just for attention is pretty lame. O.o though I did watch the show for the fun of it.

Plus, can't you get in some kind of trouble if you lie (I don't keep much up to date with Slash apparently...) about events that occurred?

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1392 on: December 03, 2007, 05:37:04 PM »

the main point with the st. louis incident is if slash had seen the proof/proshot footage or not (and when). otherwise his story is just from his memories....16,5 years ago. if he had seen it....well then he did tell the wrong story by purpose. even if not....the proshot leaked 3,5 years ago, he doesnt have a copy?? hihi

but i apologize for the middlefinger, just saw the clip again, it seems its just the guitar plec he is throwing into the crowd. but still this doesnt change the truth that they were NOT playing on Rocket Queen waiting for Axl to get back on stage - like slash wants the book readers to believe.
and hell no, i'm not a slash hater, nice try.

dont take these rockstar books on ANY band for 100% factual. these guys were on so much drugs back then, i really find it hard to believe that they know every little detail. Motley crue did an interview on stern, and they were going through the dirt, and they were like "wait, i think there were 2 strippers there, not 10, wait I think this" so most likely, slash doesnt remember that much, and where the memory is blank they "add" alittle...
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #1393 on: December 03, 2007, 06:02:58 PM »

Fuck ... Axl's vocals at St Louis were shocking! lol

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1394 on: December 03, 2007, 06:04:00 PM »

That has nothing to do with this.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1395 on: December 03, 2007, 06:05:55 PM »

Maybe you should stick to commenting something more on topic? How about that lead guitar work?

Somewhat amusing how you totally disregard what the recent discussion is about only to make a mention about Axl.

But then again, you're one of those happy readers with no objections about the book.  Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 06:28:45 PM by jarmo » Logged

Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1396 on: December 03, 2007, 06:41:44 PM »

Come one guys he did say 'lol' at the end like he knew it was totally out of place, give him a break! Suppose he got negative karma for that one hihi
Seriously though, I tihnk you're all taking the part of the book a lot more seriously than it should be taken. Have you guys ever got high on those kind of drugs for that long in your life?

I'd agree that he maybe shuld not have included something that his memory was obviously a bit hazy about. But give the guy a break. I know Slash has contradicted himself a few times since he left GNR, but there is definitly some sort of hatred towards the guy on the last few pages of this thread. I think you should all lighten up. If this is the only 'MAJOR' thing wrong in the book, then do you not think you are nitpicking.......just a little bit?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1397 on: December 03, 2007, 06:57:44 PM »

If this is the only 'MAJOR' thing wrong in the book, then do you not think you are nitpicking.......just a little bit?

I don't think it's the major thing. I don't think we know the major things....

Nitpicking?

Because he says he's tired of the bullshit but he just keeps spreading it himself.

At first he was saying things like "I don't remember most of what happened" which seems like it's true. Nowadays it's about setting the record straight.....

Regarding SpiritDave, I'd be interested in his opinion about the fact that Slash put this bullshit version of the St Louis incident in his book.

It's not like I'm pointing the finger and blaming Slash for what happened that night. Just pointing out that his version printed in his book is not being truthful.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 07:04:05 PM by jarmo » Logged

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1398 on: December 03, 2007, 10:53:22 PM »

Someone ought to introduce Slash to the internet, and direct him to YouTube.

Since he's all about setting the record straight, right?
Kangaroo Friend
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1399 on: December 03, 2007, 10:59:26 PM »

Slash need to get his facts straight or shut the fuck up.  BTW he went Trick Or Treating with his kids and many people thought he was wearing a SLASH costume...   hihi hihi hihi

Slash is awesome either way.  All of our Gunner heros have their flaws, don't they?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: