Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 06:21:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 228326 times)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2007, 09:15:14 AM »

So... he shouldn?t have wrote this book... is that it? Yeah... there?s all those issues about it but cmon... you?re not even a little bit curious about what?s written in there?? Tongue

I didn't even imply that!

All I'm saying is that, in my opinion, setting the record straight and not knowing what actually happened doesn't go hand in hand.

Did you read Nikki's book? Slash is in it.

Kinda interesting that when Slash talks about Nikki OD'ing, his first sentence is "I can't remember too much about it.".

Slash's girlfriend at the time tells most of the story.

Slash freaks out, smashes the shower screen and passes out.....

His girlfriend tries to get somebody to call an ambulance.....

Do you think others are gonna fill in the gaps his stories in the book?

The book's description doesn't mention anything about that.

But it does say: Slash is everything the man, the myth, the legend, inspires: it's funny, honest, inspiring, jaw-dropping . . . and, in a word, excessive.

Wonder what he's gonna be honest about.....

/jarmo

Ok ok.... I get your point. But you know... it might be Slash "writing" it but I?m sure before he did that he had to talk with a lot of people to get some things straight. It?s not as it will be like "Once upon a time I was this huge rockstar... but then shit happened", "And now I?m really happy with myself cos I?m in a band I like and that?s how the story ends". lol you know what I mean? And we ain?t Slash... he may not remember many stuff but he was there all along. Besides... he still talks with Izzy and Gilby and Steven... and of course... I?m sure he asked a lot of questions to Matt and Duff. The weirdest thing on this book (as it seems it will be like), it?s that it?s only Slash telling the story... but it doesn?t mean that he didn?t "investigate" his past before writing it! That would be kinda stupid... and I would be the first to say it wasn?t reliable if it was done like that. But we still don?t know... do we?

But again... let?s wait for the book to come out. We can?t be sure about anything before we read the book...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2007, 11:07:20 AM »

So, just cause some people don't believe everything Slash says, they shouldn't buy the book cause they'll ruin everyone else's reading?

well, why ruin other peoples fun in that way? that's being like Nelson. "you think the book is good!? HA-ha".

Do you even understand what you're writing?

Or are you just writing to say something?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2007, 01:27:11 PM »

So, just cause some people don't believe everything Slash says, they shouldn't buy the book cause they'll ruin everyone else's reading?

well, why ruin other peoples fun in that way? that's being like Nelson. "you think the book is good!? HA-ha".

Let me guess, he's trying to be funny.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2007, 04:42:19 PM »

Let me guess, he's trying to be funny.

/jarmo

Oh, now it makes sense...

I'd laugh but I have better things to do than laugh at something that's not funny at all...

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2007, 07:11:34 PM »

allright now Patty and Selma, calm down.
and no, I wasn't trying to be funny. not my fault you can't see my point, pretty much everyone else can.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2007, 08:12:58 PM »

and no, I wasn't trying to be funny. not my fault you can't see my point, pretty much everyone else can.

So, tell us the point.

I have my own guess but I won't post it because I wanna see if you really are that predictable.

I just hope it's not something about how we don't like whiny Slash fans posting shit in the GN'R section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2007, 09:32:59 PM »

So, tell us the point.

I have my own guess but I won't post it because I wanna see if you really are that predictable.

I just hope it's not something about how we don't like whiny Slash fans posting shit in the GN'R section.

/jarmo

well, now that Im a bit drunk, I don't even know or care what the hell we're talking about anymore.
so Im sorry, you're just gonna have to wait.
even though whatever it was, I probably won't feel more like explaining it when Im sober.
I like people figuring things out on their own.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 09:34:36 PM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2007, 05:30:49 PM »

NEW YORK (Billboard) - He was the chain-smoking, Jack Daniels-drinking guitarist for one of the most explosive bands in history. But in his memoir "Slash," out October 30 via HarperEntertainment, the former Guns N' Roses member wants to set the record straight.

Fans can take note: riots, overdoses and controversies all make appearances. There are also surprises, from how Saul Hudson was dubbed Slash, to what it was like living with mercurial singer Axl Rose in their rehearsal space.

Just don't bother asking Slash, now sober and playing guitar in Velvet Revolver, if the original Guns will get back together, because he insists it won't happen. Ever.

BILLBOARD: IN THE BOOK, YOU MENTION THAT YOU FELT ROCK BIOGRAPHIES WERE "INACCURATE AND FULL OF S---." HOW DID YOUGO ABOUT SETTING THE TONE TO AVOID THIS?

SLASH: I've been approached about doing a book for probably all the wrong reasons so many times, I couldn't validate it in my own mind. For one, it seemed very self-indulgent, very self-centered and very final -- and I have no plans of retiring. Finally, I started to realize all this Guns hype that goes on, all this bull--- that surrounds that band, it's inaccurate, and most isn't even inaccurate, it's just made up. I got fed up with it. (The book will) answer a lot of these questions. I just figured, "Be as honest as possible."

BILLBOARD: DRUGS AND DRINKING ARE A BIG PART OF THE STORY. HOW DID IT FEEL TO SEE THIS DOWN ON PAPER?

SLASH: A lot of that stuff I came back and cut out because I didn't want it to be one of those books that basically bragged about how hardcore (we were), blah, blah, blah. Especially nowadays, (because) a lot of musicians and rock bands have this badge they wear that says that they can party really hard, and I hate that. But I probably talk more about that than I actually talk about music. The music was sort of a natural thing you don't have to talk about, but chemical abuse was sort of every living, breathing moment.

BILLBOARD: A HUGE PART OF THE BOOK IS GUNS AS YOU'RE TOURING AND THE TARDINESS OF AXL ROSE. WAS THERE EVER ANY EXPLANATION OF WHAT WAS BEHIND THAT?

SLASH: There's no mention of that in the book at all because it's not my place. In other words, if there was some sort of history that was common knowledge, it would be different. Because there was no real logic behind any of it, the only thing I could do was sort of put the facts there the way I saw it. There could be a lot of stuff that I don't know about that goes on even behind the scenes, behind the scenes, behind the scenes.

BILLBOARD: THERE'S TWO YEARS OF FOOTAGE FROM THE "USE YOUR ILLUSION" TOUR. ANY CHANCE A FILM WILL BE MADE?

SLASH: I know right now there's no rhyme or reason behind the business really that is the Guns N' Roses original lineup or as close to the original lineup as we ended up with. All that stuff is in such a topsy-turvy state, and there's really no relationship -- a healthy, positive relationship, at least -- between myself and Axl. (So) I really don't have any idea as to how any of that stuff will see the light of day. The situation will hopefully be rectified at one point.

BILLBOARD: ARE YOU WRITING NEW MATERIAL FOR VELVET REVOLVER? ARE THERE ANY PLANS TO ADD DATES TO THE CURRENT ITINERARY?

SLASH: We have Japan and Australia booked for November and December, and then I think we'll probably be heading to Europe at the beginning of the year. We're going until the end of next summer for sure. We just got started touring, so as a group I can't say that we're actively working on the new record, but I've got my little recording apparatus on my guitar in my room, and that's what I do during the days off on the tour. That's where I start putting ideas down.

BILLBOARD: FINALLY, (AXL ROSE'S GUNS PROJECT) "CHINESE DEMOCRACY." WILL IT EVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY?

SLASH: Everybody asks me that. I didn't mention that in the book because it's on Axl's watch. It'll get done, and it'll come out when he feels comfortable with putting it out. And Axl works in a different time zone than I do. So what may seem like a long time to other people is a tick of the clock to him. It'll come out though. It will.

Reuters/Billboard

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071012/music_nm/slash_interview_dc;_ylt=Ah2OMQ.XH.UUDMUvN7bh98KVEhkF

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2007, 05:42:59 PM »

thanks for posting
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2007, 05:43:46 PM »

It'll come out though. It will.

Yay! If Slash says so now I do believe it will come out one day! ?Grin

Thanks for sharing the interview... can?t wait till I have that book. ?peace

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2007, 08:14:21 PM »

It'll come out though. It will.

Yay! If Slash says so now I do believe it will come out one day! ?Grin

Thanks for sharing the interview... can?t wait till I have that book. ?peace

Slash talks in a very positive way about Axl ...don't understand the hate towards Slash.

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2007, 10:10:35 PM »

Slash memoir recounts Guns N' Roses mayhem

By Molly Brown
Reuters
Friday, October 12, 2007; 7:56 PM

NEW YORK (Billboard) - He was the chain-smoking, Jack Daniels-drinking guitarist for one of the most explosive bands in history. But in his memoir "Slash," out October 30 via HarperEntertainment, the former Guns N' Roses member wants to set the record straight.

Fans can take note: riots, overdoses and controversies all make appearances. There are also surprises, from how Saul Hudson was dubbed Slash, to what it was like living with mercurial singer Axl Rose in their rehearsal space.

Just don't bother asking Slash, now sober and playing guitar in Velvet Revolver, if the original Guns will get back together, because he insists it won't happen. Ever.

BILLBOARD: IN THE BOOK, YOU MENTION THAT YOU FELT ROCK BIOGRAPHIES WERE "INACCURATE AND FULL OF S---." HOW DID YOU GO ABOUT SETTING THE TONE TO AVOID THIS?

SLASH: I've been approached about doing a book for probably all the wrong reasons so many times, I couldn't validate it in my own mind. For one, it seemed very self-indulgent, very self-centered and very final -- and I have no plans of retiring. Finally, I started to realize all this Guns hype that goes on, all this bull--- that surrounds that band, it's inaccurate, and most isn't even inaccurate, it's just made up. I got fed up with it. (The book will) answer a lot of these questions. I just figured, "Be as honest as possible."

BILLBOARD: DRUGS AND DRINKING ARE A BIG PART OF THE STORY. HOW DID IT FEEL TO SEE THIS DOWN ON PAPER?

SLASH: A lot of that stuff I came back and cut out because I didn't want it to be one of those books that basically bragged about how hardcore (we were), blah, blah, blah. Especially nowadays, (because) a lot of musicians and rock bands have this badge they wear that says that they can party really hard, and I hate that. But I probably talk more about that than I actually talk about music. The music was sort of a natural thing you don't have to talk about, but chemical abuse was sort of every living, breathing moment.

BILLBOARD: A HUGE PART OF THE BOOK IS GUNS AS YOU'RE TOURING AND THE TARDINESS OF AXL ROSE. WAS THERE EVER ANY EXPLANATION OF WHAT WAS BEHIND THAT?

SLASH: There's no mention of that in the book at all because it's not my place. In other words, if there was some sort of history that was common knowledge, it would be different. Because there was no real logic behind any of it, the only thing I could do was sort of put the facts there the way I saw it. There could be a lot of stuff that I don't know about that goes on even behind the scenes, behind the scenes, behind the scenes.

BILLBOARD: THERE'S TWO YEARS OF FOOTAGE FROM THE "USE YOUR ILLUSION" TOUR. ANY CHANCE A FILM WILL BE MADE?

SLASH: I know right now there's no rhyme or reason behind the business really that is the Guns N' Roses original lineup or as close to the original lineup as we ended up with. All that stuff is in such a topsy-turvy state, and there's really no relationship -- a healthy, positive relationship, at least -- between myself and Axl. (So) I really don't have any idea as to how any of that stuff will see the light of day. The situation will hopefully be rectified at one point.

BILLBOARD: ARE YOU WRITING NEW MATERIAL FOR VELVET REVOLVER? ARE THERE ANY PLANS TO ADD DATES TO THE CURRENT ITINERARY?

SLASH: We have Japan and Australia booked for November and December, and then I think we'll probably be heading to Europe at the beginning of the year. We're going until the end of next summer for sure. We just got started touring, so as a group I can't say that we're actively working on the new record, but I've got my little recording apparatus on my guitar in my room, and that's what I do during the days off on the tour. That's where I start putting ideas down.

BILLBOARD: FINALLY, (AXL ROSE'S GUNS PROJECT) "CHINESE DEMOCRACY." WILL IT EVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY?

SLASH: Everybody asks me that. I didn't mention that in the book because it's on Axl's watch. It'll get done, and it'll come out when he feels comfortable with putting it out. And Axl works in a different time zone than I do. So what may seem like a long time to other people is a tick of the clock to him. It'll come out though. It will.

Reuters/Billboard

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/12/AR2007101201660.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2007, 01:10:47 AM »

^ Damn, I can't wait to read this. I hope it's available here as well.

Fuck 'Em All.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2007, 03:41:43 AM »

Re-Union time, baby!!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2007, 07:36:59 AM »

I read Heroin Diaries and Scar Tissue, but I agree with Slash-I think he was talking about Nikki Sixx-we get the point-you were a heroin addict-all we've heard about for years is how he "died"-I liked The Dirt much better-I would rather read about other things behind a band-I'm glad Slash isn't just going to focus on drugs, drinking the whole book-I understand why Nikki wrote the book, don't get me wrong, but he just seems to wear it as a badge of honor

libertad
djool
Opening Act

Live clean n' play dirty !

« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2007, 08:48:23 AM »

I read Heroin Diaries and Scar Tissue, but I agree with Slash-I think he was talking about Nikki Sixx-we get the point-you were a heroin addict-all we've heard about for years is how he "died"-I liked The Dirt much better-I would rather read about other things behind a band-I'm glad Slash isn't just going to focus on drugs, drinking the whole book-I understand why Nikki wrote the book, don't get me wrong, but he just seems to wear it as a badge of honor

I'm agree with that too yes
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2007, 10:41:31 AM »

I don't even want a movie made....I just want all the footage released as one giant cluster-fuck lol I don't trust Slash & Axl to edit it after Live Era.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2007, 02:02:42 PM »

Shit! The original release date was for september and then oct 17th....now it says oct 30th... i hope they dont push it back anymore.
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2007, 08:16:29 PM »

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/omm/story/0,,2187757,00.html

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2007, 08:21:20 PM »

I don't even want a movie made....I just want all the footage released as one giant cluster-fuck lol I don't trust Slash & Axl to edit it after Live Era.

Word.  But can you imagine how much material there is.  If it's true that they recorded every single concert, then fuck me that is a lot of footage.  If they release it all digitally, for free, then that would be pretty cool.  Axl doesn't seem to averse to the idea of material getting out there, since I presume he authorised all that stuff in the "Reckless Road" book. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: