Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:29:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER UNABLE TO PERFORM FOUR SCHEDULED CONCERTS IN JAPAN
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER UNABLE TO PERFORM FOUR SCHEDULED CONCERTS IN JAPAN  (Read 17319 times)
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 01:27:36 AM »

I am calling bs as well and a convienent excuse.

What a stupid thing to say. Yes, it may be convenient, but who would fabricate a story like this, thus insulting an entire nation - one which is a very lucrative market and has a "thing" about honour- just to get out of some gigs? If they wanted to save face, they could have used some excuse about illness, schedule clashes, recording contracts or something of that ilk.
darkdays_01
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 01:41:58 AM »

What a stupid thing to say. Yes, it may be convenient, but who would fabricate a story like this, thus insulting an entire nation - one which is a very lucrative market and has a "thing" about honour- just to get out of some gigs? If they wanted to save face, they could have used some excuse about illness, schedule clashes, recording contracts or something of that ilk.

Another good point.  I guess we will see . Japan is a huge market, i mean Izzy released all of his stuff there and Duff released the Loaded disk there and it did moderately well there, not to mention the tours Izzy and Duff did. I guess we will have to see if they end up actually touring there and working this immigration stuff out. Who knows. If there is another US leg it will be interesting to see what kind of venues they play. I would be damn cool with the smaller theater settings, makes for a much better show.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2007, 07:58:32 AM »

I don't know how Japan works, but it should be a matter of public record. I doubt the band or their management would attempt a deception of the magnitude that some are implying. It would surely fail.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2007, 12:06:46 PM »

Wonder which band members and arrests they're talking about.

The only band member that comes to mind is the guy with the megaphone.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2007, 12:14:48 PM »

C'mon, this is the weirdest excuse.....Even Jarmo was not denied a visa to go to Japan..... confused

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2007, 12:39:54 PM »

C'mon, this is the weirdest excuse.....Even Jarmo was not denied a visa to go to Japan..... confused

But I didn't release Libertad.....  Lips Sealed

Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 12:41:30 PM »

rofl That's what I said to him yesterday, if they let Jarmo in, hell they should let anyone! ?

I was reading an article before about the fingerprinting and all but why not just try to postpone the shows a few months while they get it sorted out if that is really the reason why they cannot play? ?Japan is a huge market for touring and acts that don't really do well here in the states generally can fare better over there-so I can't really see writing off the country just like that unless there are other reasons.
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2007, 12:50:20 PM »

/jarmo

Maybe they just remembered what a douchbag Matt is and were like fuck that shit.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2007, 01:58:39 PM »

A new law amending the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act was announced on May 24, 2006 and will come into effect on November 20, 2007.

New security measures will be implemented as part of a framework for preventing terrorism. As part of this framework, new anti-terrorism measures, which require the submission of personal identification information upon arrival in Japan, are to be implemented,.

Under the new immigration procedures, when foreign nationals arrive in Japan, fingerprints and a facial photograph will be taken by an immigration control officer.  If a foreign national who is required to be fingerprinted and photographed refuses to comply with this requirement, he/she will be denied entry to Japan.

Sounds like the same thing they do when you enter the USA.

/jarmo

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2007, 02:34:01 PM »

I totally agree.  Plus they still have Australian dates on for about the same time.  So everyone stop jumping to conclusions about "the beginning of the end."

/jarmo

I would think his record would raise a red flag.  Or maybe they just read some of the stories in Slash's book. hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2007, 03:32:17 PM »

Well, the one thing I can verify is that as of this month, Japanese immigration laws have indeed been made more strict.? All foreigners entering the country are now required to be fingerprinted and photographed each and every time they enter Japan.

If this is true, this does not bode well for the future of concerts here.? As someone alluded to earlier, most musicians and performers are not saints.? Many of them have some sort of arrest on their records.

^^^  This is the most intelligent post I've read under this topic.  Why must everything always be turned into a "conspiracy to hide poor album sales or poor ticket sales"? 

I don't know how Japan works, but it should be a matter of public record. I doubt the band or their management would attempt a deception of the magnitude that some are implying. It would surely fail.

^^^  Another good point. 
JAC185
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2007, 03:36:54 PM »

But he was there in the band in 2005 and nothing seems to have changed. Maybe Slash due to his well-documented relapses (alongside his newly released book)?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2007, 03:38:09 PM »

Why must everything always be turned into a "conspiracy to hide poor album sales or poor ticket sales"? 

A new law amending the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act was announced on May 24, 2006 and will come into effect on November 20, 2007.

Seems like they've known of this new law for quite some time?

/jarmo

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2007, 03:51:34 PM »

Sir , you have a point. besides those peeps in japan need to worry more about getting some games out for this Damn PS3 I have .

That was quite stupid you know... japanese fans have the exact same right as the american ones to watch the gigs of their favourite band. It?s quite sad that they won?t be seeing them. As for me, can?t wait till they come to Lisbon so I can see them for the first time.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2007, 03:55:08 PM »

Sir , you have a point. besides those peeps in japan need to worry more about getting some games out for this Damn PS3 I have .

That was quite stupid you know... japanese fans have the exact same right as the american ones to watch the gigs of their favourite band. It?s quite sad that they won?t be seeing them. As for me, can?t wait till they come to Lisbon so I can see them for the first time.

And maybe you should do a little more practice at your reading comprehension...Or you could have just read the whole damn topic thru first and seen my first post.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2007, 05:57:43 PM »

I am a huge VR homer, everyone here knows that.  but lets not lie to ourselves anymore.  Slash is promoting himself right now.  The album, which I love has tanked.  And now its "Japan's" fault they can't play there.. hmmm.  Something sounds fishy.
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2007, 06:00:06 PM »

I love the wild speculation in this thread!

Roll Eyes

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2007, 06:15:56 PM »

But I didn't release Libertad.....  Lips Sealed

Wink

/jarmo

rofl rofl oh shit

I am a huge VR homer, everyone here knows that.  but lets not lie to ourselves anymore.  Slash is promoting himself right now.  The album, which I love has tanked.  And now its "Japan's" fault they can't play there.. hmmm.  Something sounds fishy.

one of the few times I agree with you (well i'm not a vr homer).   Slash is promoting his book and thats probably doing way better for him than Libertad.   
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2007, 06:26:30 PM »

Jim Bob, I shouldn't have used the word "homer", I should just say fan.  If I were a Homer, I would not question the damn letter about Japan.   ok
Dreamline
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2007, 10:11:37 PM »

Why must everything always be turned into a "conspiracy to hide poor album sales or poor ticket sales"??

Seems like they've known of this new law for quite some time?

/jarmo

I didn't realize that it was announced that long ago, but there has been talk about it during the past few months.? However, most of that seems to have focused on the fingerprinting aspect, and not on stricter guidelines for entry.? I have no idea whether the band management applies for the visas at the Japenese Embassy in the U.S., or if Creativeman the promoter takes care of that over here in Japan, but it's quite possible that they were unaware of the new guidelines or not sure how strictly they'd be enforced.? Certainly there are many examples of exceptions made for performers and other famous people.

As for this being a BS excuse, I definitely don't by that because, as was mentioned before, this stuff would be on record with the Immigration Bureau.? It'd be pretty easy to prove that it's BS.

And for those concerned, jarmo was here in July before this law went into effect.? He'd be screwed now.? Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: