Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 04:08:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER UNABLE TO PERFORM FOUR SCHEDULED CONCERTS IN JAPAN
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER UNABLE TO PERFORM FOUR SCHEDULED CONCERTS IN JAPAN  (Read 17330 times)
RevolutionRock
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: November 14, 2007, 07:50:22 PM »

http://www.creativeman.co.jp/2007/velvet/index.html
 VELVET REVOLVER UNABLE TO PERFORM FOUR SCHEDULED CONCERTS IN JAPAN AS IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS THERE HAVE DENIED THE BAND'S REQUEST FOR VISAS

VELVET REVOLVER were looking forward to their upcoming tour of Japan: a series of four concerts--to promote their current album LIBERTAD--between November 26 and November 30, encompassing the cities of Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and Yokohama. For the band, the upcoming trek was the opportunity to reconnect with their fans in Japan, where the band tour has toured before--without incident--back in 2005. But now it's a different story as VELVET REVOLVER's request for visas has just been denied. The increasingly tough Japanese immigration officials are taking exception with the backgrounds of various band members, which have included arrests. The band is appealing the decision of the officials--which is ironic given that LIBERTAD is Spanish for "liberty" and "freedom"--but this process will unfortunately take months to sort out. "We want to apologize to our fans in Japan that we won't be able to perform our scheduled concerts," VELVET REVOLVER said in a group statement. "We don't understand why the authorities won't give us visas when they granted them for us in 2005 for what was a successful tour and a great experience. We love Japan and look forward to our return there." VELVET REVOLVER will proceed with their Australian tour that begins on December 4 in Brisbane. Upon its return to the U.S., the band- lead vocalist SCOTT WEILAND, guitarist SLASH, bassist DUFF McKAGAN, drummer MATT SORUM and guitarist DAVE KUSHNER-will headline Wednesday, December 12 at the Gibson Amphitheatre. This show-with Alice In Chains-was originally set for Friday, October 26 at the outdoor Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Irvine, CA but was postponed due to the devastating Southern California wildfires. See dates below and check out www.velvetrevolver.com.

Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 07:56:22 PM »

Damn that sucks or the Japanese peeps . VR do put on a pretty fucking good live show.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 09:01:17 PM »

The end is near.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the actual reason is more like "The shows were selling like shit, so let's save face and not even bother going over there to play."

This band is on borrowed time.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 09:15:29 PM »

^ Totally agreed!?
And I'm really sorry for thinking that way, 'cause I love those guys (except for... aw you know!) and I've seen them live here in Lisbon... it was amazing!
But... I never wanted them in this project. no
I don't really think this will work out for much longer... Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:19:23 PM by crygirl » Logged

Fuck the press! Axl's the BEST!

www.gunsnrosesportugal.com
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 09:18:09 PM »

Very interesting indeed.  I have never heard of anyone having Visa issues in Japan.  Hmmmmmm.
darkdays_01
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 09:21:58 PM »

There not having any luck this time around. I do remember reading an article with Duff where he stated his passport had a red flag on it due to all of the shit back in the day, but all of these other bands that still tour Japan (GN'R, Def Leppard, Motley Crue) non of those guys were saints either. Huh

I really dont know what to make of it, i am ready for another Loaded album either way.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:37:04 PM by darkdays_01 » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 10:11:35 PM »

I am calling bs as well and a convienent excuse.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 10:26:19 PM »

When was the last time Motley went to japan?

Nikki got a arrested a few times there. I dont recall Duff or Slash ever being arrested in Japan.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 10:35:44 PM »

When was the last time Motley went to japan?

Nikki got a arrested a few times there.

November 2005

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 10:37:47 PM »

Well, don't even try and come with any proof this is real.  I am not buying it one bit.  Just end the damn tour and move on to next album.  I got to see them so I can be selfish.  Ha!
Bobarcord
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 10:44:21 PM »

Sir , you have a point. besides those peeps in japan need to worry more about getting some games out for this Damn PS3 I have .

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 10:47:59 PM »

Well, don't even try and come with any proof this is real.? I am not buying it one bit.? Just end the damn tour and move on to next album.? I got to see them so I can be selfish.? Ha!

I HIGHLY doubt that there will be a "next album."

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Bobarcord
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 11:11:52 PM »

The label could put out a best of EP . so their could be.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 11:28:19 PM »

mmhh, I smell bullshit. I think this is the beginning of the end.

I think RCA will release a crappy live album or something like that VERY soon and that will be it.

I'm optimistic anyway. Slash career could reborn without Weiland and the mediocre songs he writes.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
darkdays_01
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 11:49:18 PM »

I love the band but i do see the begining of the end. Although i am kinda pissed as i didnt get to see them on this tour, they came no place close to the Pittsburgh area minus Columbus on the Rock On The Range but i wasnt paying that money to see VR play 10 songs.

I really hope i am wrong but i expect to see album number three as a live cd with the live dvd we were suppossed to get at the end of the Contrabnd tour.

Duff has been writting stuff for a solo record or another Loaded record, and Slash has his Slash and Friends project he mentioned in the book. I see STP getting back together sooner than later. I dont see them doing another US leg. Like i said i hope i am wrong, but this fabrication about Japan just sounds like bullshit.

Hopefully Duff will take cue on what Izzy is doing with the I-Tunes stuff and follow suit if and when he releases another record.

Maybe one day the songs that Duff, Izzy, and Slash worked on before they got Scott will see the light of day. I would bet money those tracks are fucking killer.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 12:16:14 AM »

I wonder how the shows were selling?
elmir
VIP

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 12:25:13 AM »

I wonder how the shows were selling?

my guess would be "average at best"....
if they were killing it, it would be all over the news.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Dreamline
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 01:01:53 AM »

Well, the one thing I can verify is that as of this month, Japanese immigration laws have indeed been made more strict.  All foreigners entering the country are now required to be fingerprinted and photographed each and every time they enter Japan.

If this is true, this does not bode well for the future of concerts here.  As someone alluded to earlier, most musicians and performers are not saints.  Many of them have some sort of arrest on their records.
darkdays_01
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 01:08:38 AM »

Not really sure about numbers. I know the numbers havent been as good as the last tour. I think RCA thought The Last Fight was gonna be a huge single, it wasnt and they are pulling the plug on the album and tour. Makes since. I will be surprised if a third single is sent out to radio. The record was doomed from the gate. Horrible choice for first single, and the leak was huge. I personally like Libertad better than Contraband but those who were after another in your face rock record downloaded it, didnt like it end of story unfortunately.
darkdays_01
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 01:11:02 AM »

Well, the one thing I can verify is that as of this month, Japanese immigration laws have indeed been made more strict.? All foreigners entering the country are now required to be fingerprinted and photographed each and every time they enter Japan.

If this is true, this does not bode well for the future of concerts here.? As someone alluded to earlier, most musicians and performers are not saints.? Many of them have some sort of arrest on their records.

If that is the case, yeah your right Japan is gonna be hard pressed for rock acts to tour there.  Just depends on how strict these new immigration laws are. If it is for something as minor as a DUI arrest, there gonna be hard pressed to have any shows there period.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 01:15:21 AM by darkdays_01 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: