Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Evidence shows death penalty saves lives
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evidence shows death penalty saves lives  (Read 4579 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 09:20:01 AM »

Oh, now the NY Times is worth reading huh?

hihi

are you trying to suggest that i ever stated it wasn't???

I'm more than trying...

any proof?

or can i assume that this is yet ANOTHER example of you creating false arguments for people?

just because a newspaper (or other media) is biased, doesn't mean it's not worth reading. there would be very little to read or watch if that was the case. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »

Economists like nothing more than to apply their theories to areas where they don't belong, but I'm not sure that's the case here.  Of course, they're assuming a rational pattern of behavior, and the distinction between murder and, say, manslaughter is 100% important to the conclusions they draw. 

Of course, there's also the fact that non-death penalty countries also have lower homicide rates than the US, which may speak to the fact that we're just fucked up. 

To economists, it is obvious that if the cost of an activity rises, the amount of the activity will drop.

This is the basic premise of the article, but it comes with a contradiction.  You can only be executed once, and having committed a murder, you're eligible for execution (at least in some states).  So, then, shouldn't anyone who has committed murder then become a serial murderer?  Buy one, get one (or as many as you can before you're caught) free! 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 03:01:52 PM »

I always found the Times a very frustrating paper to read.  It's too complicated with all that folding and hard as hell crossword.  It's like a work out.  You get sweaty and there's ink every where.  It's just a mess on a Sunday! Knocking over things on the table.   I think we should execute people who write for the Times.  If thats too over the top, we should give prisoners the paper to read they may just be frustrated straight.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 03:25:11 PM »

I always found the Times a very frustrating paper to read.  It's too complicated with all that folding and hard as hell crossword.  It's like a work out.  You get sweaty and there's ink every where.  It's just a mess on a Sunday! Knocking over things on the table.   I think we should execute people who write for the Times.  If thats too over the top, we should give prisoners the paper to read they may just be frustrated straight.

rofl  ...and I don't like the WSJ, with all those little pixelated black and white pics.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2007, 03:35:23 PM »

Light the torches and get all the implements of destruction together.? We'll meet at LaGuardia Airport and start with the closest building in College Point, nap and then hit the city.

Oh forget it Hanna Montana is on tonight sorry.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:48:21 PM by JMack » Logged

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: