Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:26:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Planning Solo Album
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Planning Solo Album  (Read 7320 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: November 16, 2007, 05:42:46 PM »

SLASH Planning Solo Album - Nov. 16, 2007

VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash recently published his autobiography and now has a solo album in his sights. Although he doesn't have a timetable for the project, Slash told The Pulse of Radio he already has a lot of ideas for what direction he wants it to take. "I really want to do a solo record and play with a lot of different people that I've worked with before, maybe some people I haven't worked with, and just do something really, really sort of interesting," he said. "'Cause I've played on so many other people's records, you know, and I want to write material for, like, different individuals to sing on and whatnot. So that's sort of like the main sort of backburner kind of thing going on at the moment."

Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 06:00:07 PM »

Cool.

Should be good.  Can't wait.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 06:24:00 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash recently published his autobiography and now has a solo album in his sights. Although he doesn't have a timetable for the project, Slash told The Pulse of Radio he already has a lot of ideas for what direction he wants it to take. "I really want to do a solo record and play with a lot of different people that I've worked with before, maybe some people I haven't worked with, and just do something really, really sort of interesting," he said. "'Cause I've played on so many other people's records, you know, and I want to write material for, like, different individuals to sing on and whatnot. So that's sort of like the main sort of backburner kind of thing going on at the moment."

Meanwhile, VELVET REVOLVER was forced to cancel a four-city Japanese tour after the band members were denied visas. A spokesperson for concert promoter Creativeman Productions noted in a statement that the group had previously toured Japan in 2005, but now explained, "The increasingly tough Japanese immigration officials are taking exception with the backgrounds of various band members, which have included arrests." VELVET REVOLVER is appealing the decision, but the process could take months to resolve. "We want to apologize to our fans in Japan that we won't be able to perform our scheduled concerts," the band said in a statement. "We don't understand why the authorities won't give us visas when they granted them for us in 2005 for what was a successful tour and a great experience. We love Japan and look forward to our return there."

VELVET REVOLVER is still scheduled to tour Australia in early December.

The group wrapped up a North American tour with ALICE IN CHAINS last month as it continues promoting its second album, "Libertad". The record has sold 250,000 copies in the United Staes since its release last July, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Slash will appear as a presenter at the 35th annual American Music Awards, which will broadcast live on ABC this Sunday (November 18) from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, beginning at 8 p.m. ET.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=85010
isa
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 06:33:27 PM »

I really hope he put a solo record out
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 06:35:48 PM »

Its about freaking time Slash!!!!   drool
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 06:39:54 PM »

That's been in the pipeline for a while, this isn't necessarily news, although i didn't know about the being denied access thing. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
Eclipsed107
VIP

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 06:50:40 PM »

"Cause I've played on so many other people's records, you know, and I want to write material for, like, different individuals to sing on and whatnot. So that's sort of like the main sort of backburner kind of thing going on at the moment."

Hopefully Slash doesn't invite Rod Jackson or Eric Dover to sing on any of the tracks... nervous

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 10:02:47 PM »

my suggestions: leave off matt sorum and scott weiland.    get izzy to help write songs.   go back to your roots slash.  smoking
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 10:04:40 PM »

my suggestions: leave off matt sorum and scott weiland.? ? get izzy to help write songs.? ?go back to your roots slash.? smoking

Yes!!!!!!
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 10:36:50 PM »

my suggestions: leave off matt sorum and scott weiland.    get izzy to help write songs.   go back to your roots slash.  smoking

Do you want him to do a bluesy album? I get the feeling its going to be a bunch of different types of music, which could be cool if done right. 
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 10:52:23 PM »

Another indication that he's not really focused on his career in VR any more....

BTW, what were the Snakepit albums?

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Eclipsed107
VIP

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 11:43:30 PM »

Another indication that he's not really focused on his career in VR any more....

The Snakepit albums were a band effort.  They were Slash's Snakepit.  This is going to be a complete solo output, not a band output.

And I wouldn't say it's him not focusing on Velvet Revolver, lots of musicians do solo projects while working on their band.  Serj Tankian (the lead singer of system of a down) just came out with his first solo album and has said numerous times that some of the songs he wrote up to 5 years ago.

Not only that but Slash also said he doesn't know when he's going to do it, he's just planning it.. this is something that could happen 5 years down the road.

By the way; who wants to bet he Slash has his solo album out before Axl has Chinese Democracy out? hihi

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 11:45:33 PM »

I think Slash said something like that both incarnations of Snakepit were always seen by him as band efforts with his name attached due to the record company's wishes. So I think this sounds like it will be a true solo effort.

I just hope he doesn't go all Carlos Santana on us and start recording songs with that horrible Nickelback singer... nervous

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 11:45:55 PM »

Didn't he say he was planning on doing this about six months before Velvet Revolver started too?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 11:47:44 PM »

Not only that but Slash also said he doesn't know when he's going to do it, he's just planning it.. this is something that could happen 5 years down the road.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I also believe that this was Slash's plan prior to VR getting together.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 01:17:22 AM »

I think Slash said something like that both incarnations of Snakepit were always seen by him as band efforts with his name attached due to the record company's wishes. So I think this sounds like it will be a true solo effort.

I just hope he doesn't go all Carlos Santana on us and start recording songs with that horrible Nickelback singer... nervous

hihi

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 09:10:58 AM »

Didn't he say he was planning on doing this about six months before Velvet Revolver started too?

From the 2002 GUitar One magazine (AFD 15 year anniversary):

You've been jamming with Izzy again. Any new perspective on why your playing styles work so well together?

It's the kind of thing where no matter who comes up with the initial idea, I never really have to go, "Izzy, play this
part this way." He just plays his thing his own way, and we never really talk about it much.

Last night, we went in and took two songs from scratch, just basic chord changes, and worked them into full songs.
That's one of the things about me and Izzy working together, he knows where I'm at, and I know where he's at. And that's the way it's always been. I make up something that accompanies his part, and at the same time accents it, and he does the same with my parts. We have that kind of chemistry. We've always been good friends, so for us to get in a room and play is a very easy thing to do.

What can we expect from you next?

I'm putting together another record with some stuff I've done with Izzy and other stuff I've done on my own. I want to start writing with other people as well, and put together an album with a lot of guests -- a really cool rock 'n' roll record with people you wouldn't expect to hear together.

Hearing the Slash/Izzy combo again would be awesome... Cool
Meanbone1980
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 10:09:21 AM »

won't going to happen i think since Izzy is a friend of AXL again.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 10:24:53 AM »

I just hope he doesn't go all Carlos Santana on us
 hihi

WTF, Carlos Santana can, and is the man when bending strings. It is a shame he chose his collaberation so carelesly, but he did an album, moondog or something like that(78), that will kick your ass

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
mesha
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 12:19:48 PM »

won't going to happen i think since Izzy is a friend of AXL again.

so izzy cant have more friends?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: