Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:00:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Can Scott Weiland develop his own identity???
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can Scott Weiland develop his own identity???  (Read 6572 times)
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: November 15, 2007, 12:53:32 PM »

It seems this guy imitates everyone....When STP started he was blatantly ripping off Eddie Vedder.....He sounded exactly like him.....Then around that same time he says in an interview how much he loves Faith No More and coincidently he started dressing exactly like Mike Patton, same exact hair style and goatee and everything....Then came the Jim Morrison imitations....Now he wants to be 1987 Axl with his leather pants and doing his serpentine.....Weiland is the worlds greatest imitator
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 01:07:22 PM »

no he aint good at imitating at all hihi
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 02:22:17 PM »

Scott Weilend is no Axl Rose....he's alright for STP but not for G N' R.

-KK
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 02:27:28 PM »

Scotts a good front man. And I do think he has his own Identity. 

CD will be out when it's out. ....
JAC185
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 02:33:39 PM »

If Scott's an impersonator. He's a terrible one. I can identify his voice straight off on a song. I can certainly recognise his dancing  rofl

He can do a killer Morrison though (see him performing with The Doors on that VH1 Special thing)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 05:59:10 PM »

Scott is a copy of a lot of singers, just like Finck is a copy of a lot of players. 

Does Finck = Weiland?

Some love Finck... Some love Weiland.

Interesting.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 06:59:06 PM »

Scott is a copy of a lot of singers, just like Finck is a copy of a lot of players.?

Does Finck = Weiland?

Interesting.

why bring finck up in this section?

btw, finck isn't a copy, he's unique (and so are duff n' slash, but there's hundreds of drummers like matt sorum and hundreds of singers like weiland) yes
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 07:15:35 PM »

but there's hundreds of drummers like matt sorum

Say it isn't so.. nervous

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 07:37:08 PM »

Scott is a copy of a lot of singers, just like Finck is a copy of a lot of players. 

Does Finck = Weiland?

Interesting.

what the fuck does Finck have to do with this topic?   any excuse to bash the guy right?

and as a matter of fact, no.  Robin Finck is one of the most unique guitar players I've ever seen.  His tone is instantly recognizable and his stage presence is something I've never seen anywhere else.

BACK ON TOPIC

Weiland is pretty much a fraud.
Bobarcord
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 07:42:18 PM »

Jim Bod I agree with you on Fink ... But I have to strongle disagree with about Scott. But to each their own..

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 07:42:30 PM »

ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I brought up finck just to mess with jim bob! ?ha, i was being sarcastic.. ?hahahaha

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 07:58:30 PM »

Then came the Jim Morrison imitations....

I've had the oportunity to attend a VR show this year, in Buenos Aires.

The show itself was very boring and flat, but damn... the two parts where he imitates Morrison (the first, in ''Sex Type Thing'', the second, in the middle of ''Slither'') kills all the climax.

Does Finck = Weiland?

Interesting.

Dont know what the hell does Finck have to do with this discussion, but all I can say is Robin has a very unique style, and no one thinks about another person when you see him playing live. When you see Weiland, you think inmediatly in a very devaluated Eddie Vedder, or in the best case, a Jim Morrison wannabe.

Putting Weiland in the same sentence with big names like Vedder or Morrison is already an insult IMHO

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 08:02:54 PM »

Jim Bod I agree with you on Fink ... But I have to strongle disagree with about Scott. But to each their own..

ok maybe fraud is harsh (although Slash may disagree).. but i don't think he is anything unique.   he is good at what he does.   he'll be remembered as a good frontman.  but not in the same league as his influences.
Bobarcord
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 10:56:33 PM »

ok maybe fraud is harsh (although Slash may disagree).. but i don't think he is anything unique.   he is good at what he does.   he'll be remembered as a good frontman.  but not in the same league as his influences.

True.

Scoot seemed to be better in STP then he is in VR I wish they had went with Josh Todd. I like Scott, But Todd would have been better suited in VR then Scott.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 10:58:39 PM »

True.

Scoot seemed to be better in STP then he is in VR I wish they had went with Josh Todd. I like Scott, But Todd would have been better suited in VR then Scott.

well Buckcherry is a better band than VR, so I agree.
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 11:58:27 PM »

ok maybe fraud is harsh (although Slash may disagree).. but i don't think he is anything unique.? ?he is good at what he does.? ?he'll be remembered as a good frontman.? but not in the same league as his influences.

True.

I can see your a Finck fan from you avatar so please don't take what I'm about to say personally.  Although I think it would be disrespectful to call Finck a "copycat" b/c he is a talented guitar player in his own right but what do you call a guy that looked like a vampire 5 years ago when Axl wanted to have that "freakshow" image and now looks like a "classic/bluesy" style of guitarist???  The guy is a good guitarist (not great) and essentially an employee of Axl Rose.  He's loyal to his boss and will do/copy anything Axl tells him to do....I mean there's nothing wrong with that, I really don't think he has any other choice. 

-KK
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 12:03:31 AM »

True.

I can see your a Finck fan from you avatar so please don't take what I'm about to say personally.  Although I think it would be disrespectful to call Finck a "copycat" b/c he is a talented guitar player in his own right but what do you call a guy that looked like a vampire 5 years ago when Axl wanted to have that "freakshow" image and now looks like a "classic/bluesy" style of guitarist???  The guy is a good guitarist (not great) and essentially an employee of Axl Rose.  He's loyal to his boss and will do/copy anything Axl tells him to do....I mean there's nothing wrong with that, I really don't think he has any other choice. 

he's the lead guitarist in Guns N' Roses.  He's not a fucking employee.

and if you knew anything about Robin, you'd know that he's been constantly changing his look even before he was in GnR.    To state that Axl tells him what to look like as if its a fact is pretty fucking stupid. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 12:06:50 AM by Jim Bob » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 12:12:50 AM »

ok maybe fraud is harsh (although Slash may disagree).. but i don't think he is anything unique.? ?he is good at what he does.? ?he'll be remembered as a good frontman.? but not in the same league as his influences.

True.

I can see your a Finck fan from you avatar so please don't take what I'm about to say personally.? Although I think it would be disrespectful to call Finck a "copycat" b/c he is a talented guitar player in his own right but what do you call a guy that looked like a vampire 5 years ago when Axl wanted to have that "freakshow" image and now looks like a "classic/bluesy" style of guitarist?Huh The guy is a good guitarist (not great) and essentially an employee of Axl Rose.? He's loyal to his boss and will do/copy anything Axl tells him to do....I mean there's nothing wrong with that, I really don't think he has any other choice.?

Are you serious?

Do you have any idea of Robin's history?  He has always been changing his look, since before he was in GN'R.  He does not do whatever Axl tells him to do, he doesn't copy, or need to copy, anyone.

The whole band brought in their styles into GN'R and haven't changed for the sake of GN'R. 

Next time, get more informed before stating something so ridiculous.

Ali
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 12:19:04 AM »

he's one of those fans of the old band who hasn't taken the time to actually to get some knowledge on the newer bandmembers because he's closed minded and doesn't care about them.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 12:35:21 AM »

He changes styles a lot.  He changes styles in his playing a lot.  He is what he is. 
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: