Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 07:43:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy starts ... never?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy starts ... never?  (Read 13131 times)
waxlrick
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 05:50:59 AM »

You have a point....

Maybe it is even better not to release an album titled 'Chinese Democracy'...
why not: 1. it will never live up to the expectations it think (it allready a legendary album just because of the hype...) - I find it cooler to keep it as a 'myth', the Guns album never made... 2. it is a stupid titel? Grin

So bring out three other great albums as fast as possible, I am hungry for new GN'R stuff!!

I love your no.2 point. I agree. It IS a fucking stupid title.... Piss it off!
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 06:35:35 AM »

i don't really care what the albums gonna be called. As long there is some cool music on it! like the demo's showed, it's gonna be great. I remember first listening to Better and beeing blowed away by the middle sequence! The ending to with the na na naaa na thing. Great! And ofcourse madagascar with the raw vocals, and then there was a time with killer solo's and the new cool intro.....let's not forget Chinese Democracy with the cool intro! Ofcourse the album will come out, he probably put a decade of work in the whole project? It's not likely to throw that all away. We'll just have to wait a little bit longer, so what. I still enjoy Better, CD, Madagascar, IRS, and TWAT demo's every fucking day!  Cheesy

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2007, 07:26:26 AM »

I raised the Australia issue before and it was made quite clear by the experts on the forum that the use of the term "Chinese Democracy" in  Australia was all just a terrible mistake.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2007, 08:16:25 AM »

yeah... i don't give a damn if its called "chinese democracy".... "anus wars"... "apettite for disillusion"... or whatever the fuck axl can come up with. RELEASE SOMETHING.  hihi
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2007, 08:33:01 AM »

I raised the Australia issue before and it was made quite clear by the experts on the forum that the use of the term "Chinese Democracy" in? Australia was all just a terrible mistake.

you must've missed the memo, where if your opinion doesn't suit, then you're wrong!

peace

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2007, 09:46:10 AM »

I raised the Australia issue before and it was made quite clear by the experts on the forum that the use of the term "Chinese Democracy" in  Australia was all just a terrible mistake.

Yeah because some of you are so thick headed that you won't believe anything you're told.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1795

Guns N' Roses have announced that their 2007 World Tour will begin June 2 in Monterrey, Mexico.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 11:05:11 AM »

I raised the Australia issue before and it was made quite clear by the experts on the forum that the use of the term "Chinese Democracy" in? Australia was all just a terrible mistake.

Yeah because some of you are so thick headed that you won't believe anything you're told.

Guns N' Roses have announced that their 2007 World Tour will begin June 2 in Monterrey, Mexico.

/jarmo

why call people names like "thick-headed," especially if he/she is right. part of the 2007 tour was promoted as the "chinese democracy tour" for better for worse. that is just a fact. see press release :

The first leg of the Chinese Democracy World Tour 2007 will see performances in Japan, Thailand, South Africa, South America, Mexico, Australia, and New Zealand. The band was listed as Axl Rose, Robin Finck, Ron Thal and Richard Fortus on guitars, Tommy Stinson on bass, Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman on keyboards and Frank Ferrer on drums. Brain Mantia was not mentioned, leading many fans to believe that he has left the band. On February 23, 2007, Del James announced that Chinese Democracy's recording stage was finished, and the band had now moved onto mixing the album. However, this proved that the March 6 release date would be impossible to achieve, and the album once again had no scheduled release date.

The Chinese Democracy Tour Australia

Believe the hype. Guns 'N Roses are back. The Chinese Democracy World Tour and another awesome moment in musical history is upon us. Sit down, strap in and hold on?? it's gonna be one hell of a ride.

After 14 years, the biggest and baddest band in the world, the rock'n'roll machine known as Guns N' Roses, is set to return to Australian shores in June as part of their mammoth Chinese Democracy World Tour. Fans attending can expect to hear GN'R classics like "Welcome To The Jungle", "November Rain", "Patience" and "Sweet Child O' Mine" along with blistering new songs from the band's forthcoming Chinese Democracy album like "Madagascar," "IRS," and "Better."

This will be the first time Australian audiences have seen the band since their legendary 1993 performances at Eastern Creek in Sydney (71,000 tickets sold) and Calder Park in Melbourne (66,000 tickets sold), and this time, fans in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide will get to witness the spectacular that is Guns N' Roses for the first time ever.

Coming full circle, Guns 'N Roses' special guests for the entire tour will be none other than former Skid Row singer, the irrepressible Sebastian Bach and Australia's own Rose Tattoo.

Lead vocalist W. Axl Rose, guitarists Robin Finck, Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal and Richard Fortus, bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboard players Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman, and drummer Frank Ferrer are a rock 'n' roll spectacular that have to be experienced to be believed.

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2007, 11:49:50 AM »

why call people names like "thick-headed," especially if he/she is right. part of the 2007 tour was promoted as the "chinese democracy tour" for better for worse. that is just a fact. see press release :

Because I've been saying one thing for months.

The band did not call the 2007 shows the CD tour.

People keep posting Australian posters and claiming otherwise.

Then you're not listening to what I'm saying and you're acting thick headed. It's logic.

As far as I remember, you were one of those who kept insisting on it and I see you're posting a press release from THE PROMOTER to "prove" your point.

Why do you need to argue about it? It wasn't the Chinese Democracy 2007 tour. Why not just accept it?

It's like if I tell you "I call this section Dead Horse" and then you say "but I read on this other site that it's really called Dead Whores".

I correct you but you still keep insisting it's really called that because somebody else says so!

Don't you see the stupidity in that?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 11:59:27 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2007, 02:07:45 PM »

Because I've been saying one thing for months.

The band did not call the 2007 shows the CD tour.

People keep posting Australian posters and claiming otherwise.

Then you're not listening to what I'm saying and you're acting thick headed. It's logic.

As far as I remember, you were one of those who kept insisting on it and I see you're posting a press release from THE PROMOTER to "prove" your point.

Why do you need to argue about it? It wasn't the Chinese Democracy 2007 tour. Why not just accept it?

It's like if I tell you "I call this section Dead Horse" and then you say "but I read on this other site that it's really called Dead Whores".

I correct you but you still keep insisting it's really called that because somebody else says so!

Don't you see the stupidity in that?

/jarmo

im sorry ...i dont work for the gnr camp, so i dont call others "stupid" or reply to anything and everything out there that the camp does not agree with.....i work for a living and i cant be on the site 24/7 like you, so i cant reply to everything....it seems to be you never leave your house and dont have a real job, so thats cool....

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2007, 02:25:45 PM »

im sorry ...i dont work for the gnr camp, so i dont call others "stupid" or reply to anything and everything out there that the camp does not agree with.....i work for a living and i cant be on the site 24/7 like you, so i cant reply to everything....it seems to be you never leave your house and dont have a real job, so thats cool....

Answer the question instead of trying to insult me.

If you wanna fucking argue with me, let's do it.

But as usual, once you don't have anything to say, you go for the insults.

You know nothing about me and I couldn't care less where you live, what book signing was in your neighborhood or what your financial status is.

How fucking lame can you get?

/jarmo

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2007, 02:36:17 PM »

Answer the question instead of trying to insult me.

If you wanna fucking argue with me, let's do it.

But as usual, once you don't have anything to say, you go for the insults.

You know nothing about me and I couldn't care less where you live, what book signing was in your neighborhood or what your financial status is.

How fucking lame can you get?

/jarmo

i sure as hell know you dont care about me and that's no problem. and of course, as usual, i know you will have to get the last jab in because this is your website, you never leave your house, etc...so, i wont even respond to what you say next. i dont use profanity, either....i just state the facts, whether beta likes them or not (or, dont worry bro, i have an idea)..you have no clue how die hard i am and how much i've spent over the last 20 years following and supporting this band around the world with my own money...you have no clue, nor do i care that you do or dont....so, you go respond to this post and get the last jab in and i wont respond..its all you....

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2007, 02:46:22 PM »

you never leave your house, etc...

And you know this how?

I'm really touched by the way you care where I go and when!

so, i wont even respond to what you say next.

Of course you won't because you don't have anything to add or you can't answer the question!

So you try to insult me.

Guess what, it's not working!

i dont use profanity, either....

Aren't you a saint?

Do you want some kind of reward for behaving?

i just state the facts, whether beta likes them or not (or, dont worry bro, i have an idea)..

Why do you keep ignoring my question?

you have no clue how die hard i am and how much i've spent over the last 20 years following and supporting this band around the world with my own money...you have no clue, nor do i care that you do or dont....so, you go respond to this post and get the last jab in and i wont respond..its all you....

"Die hard"? Is that another way of saying "bitter"? It sure seems so.

I know you spent a lot of money on the band and travels.

Because you keep BRINGING IT UP TIME AFTER TIME!

So what? A lot of fans aren't in that kind of position to spend money on flying abroad to see their favorite band.

You should feel fortunate.

You seem to think you deserve some kind of special treatment because you chose to spend money on plane tickets and concert tickets.

Didn't you attend the acoustic show in London?

Never mind, you're not gonna answer because you're above all this.  rofl

/jarmo

elmir
VIP

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2007, 02:50:13 PM »

how much i've spent over the last 20 years following and supporting this band around the world with my own money...

what is this supposed to mean?
that the band owes you?

i spent a small fortune of my own cash too...flights to Europe, accomodation and flights for two canceled shows....that's what we, as fans do. If you're unhappy about it, just don't do it. No one is forcing you to do it.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
waxlrick
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2007, 03:42:30 AM »

/jarmo

Perhaps it is you who is the "Thick Head"? You claim "the band didn't want it called that". Well too fucking bad. All the written evidence in Australia suugests it was the "Chinese Democracy World Tour". Hell, Axl even played a couple of new songs, shock horror. Maybe he should have taken the opportunity at anyone of 7 or 8 shows down under to explain to the paying public and apologies if they were mislead buy the company promoting HIS show.

Give yourself some negative karma for the name calling...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2007, 10:45:13 AM »

/jarmo

Perhaps it is you who is the "Thick Head"? You claim "the band didn't want it called that". Well too fucking bad. All the written evidence in Australia suugests it was the "Chinese Democracy World Tour". Hell, Axl even played a couple of new songs, shock horror. Maybe he should have taken the opportunity at anyone of 7 or 8 shows down under to explain to the paying public and apologies if they were mislead buy the company promoting HIS show.

Read what I said. It's pretty simple and it doesn't matter what you called the tour. I'm only saying what the band called it.

Your "evidence" is from the promoter, go deal with your anger with them.

/jarmo

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2007, 11:35:21 AM »

/jarmo

I agree. its hypocritical to give others negative karma for doing the same thing that you do. but anyway, its not my website. oh, and if it makes you feel better, how bout a press release from gunsnroses.com about the name of the 2007 tour. i really could care less about the name of a tour. i just want a tour and like waxlrick, im not angry about the name of a tour....i just want a tour...but for some reason, you keep harping on the name of the tour and tell everyone who disagrees with you that they are "thick-headed." oh, here's a link and the actual press release from gunsnroses.com. im sure your gonna say its not real or something.....http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061128&content_id=pr1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

PRESS RELEASE:
WEDNESDAY NIGHT'S GUNS N' ROSES SHOW IN MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN IS CANCELLED

Recent Articles:

? Japan tour ends on high note in Osaka
? Guns N' Roses: Live at Budokan
? GN'R tour of Japan rolls on
? Charity auction a great success
? GN'R typhoon hits Japan
? Guns N' Roses Live Earth Press Release
The Guns N' Roses concert scheduled for Milwaukee's Bradley Center on November 29 has been cancelled due to illness. Guns N' Roses front man Axl Rose is suffering from an ear infection and strep throat.

Rose was first diagnosed with the ear infection on the 20th of November in Halifax, Nova Scotia. He was seen again by a doctor last night following the band's show in Chicago and ordered to rest for a few days.

The tour will continue as scheduled Friday night in Ames, Iowa at Hilton Coliseum.

Axl Rose commented, "We had a great show in Chicago tonight and had hoped to do a surprise acoustic show afterwards. I have been fighting this off for a long time but the doctor told me tonight that the only way not to jeopardise the balance of the tour is immediate rest. We will now have 3 days off before continuing Friday. We are sorry to miss the fans in Milwaukee."

Ticket refunds are available at point-of-purchase locations. For the latest dates and information on the Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy world tour, click here.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 11:38:04 AM by ibelieveinaxl » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 01:13:29 PM »

Great of you to post a press release about the 2006 tour. Great!

Do you want a cookie?

You're the one posting shit about the name and attacking me! Your insults aimed at me are so lame....

I've kept telling you guys the truth and you just keep going on and on about it.

I don't care about the name, all I care about is people knowing the truth.

A few of you just like to point out what the Australian promoter did. The fact remains, it didn't come from GN'R.

Why can't you accept it?

You seem to have a history of trying to prove GN'R wrong....

so, you go respond to this post and get the last jab in and i wont respond..its all you....

Funny.

Honestly, what's your real problem with me? As far as I know, I didn't piss in your cereal.

Give me a list because this is getting ridiculous and pretty sad.

You follow me around telling everybody "you're not the only one who has connections" and shit like that.

Thanks.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 01:17:52 PM by jarmo » Logged

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2007, 01:16:47 PM »

i had to respond because of the hypocracy you continually engage in. a lot of people here are insulted by you and they are afraid to respond. well, i don't like when others attack others and i'll speak out...just admit you are wrong here. you wanted a pr from the band and i gave it to you. now that i gave it to you, you go off topic and don't deal with the facts...well, actually, that doesnt surprise me...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 01:22:06 PM »

i had to respond because of the hypocracy you continually engage in. a lot of people here are insulted by you and they are afraid to respond. well, i don't like when others attack others and i'll speak out...just admit you are wrong here. you wanted a pr from the band and i gave it to you. now that i gave it to you, you go off topic and don't deal with the facts...well, actually, that doesnt surprise me...

I'll admit when I'm wrong, but I'm not wrong in this case.

Of course people are insulted when I'm calling them thick headed because talking to some of you is like talking to a fucking wall.

But you insulting me personally is fine I assume?

I go off topic? Where? This comes from the guy who starts telling me I never go out and how he had to work etc. Hello?

As far as I know, GN'R played in Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and Japan in 2007. So it doesn't matter how many press releases from 2006 you post.

Did you know the 2002 tour had the Chinese Democracy name? Does that mean every tour after that has the same name?

So please give me that list of your reasons for this childish animosity you have. A PM is fine. Thanks.

/jarmo

cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2007, 06:02:02 PM »

During the whole 'The new band isn't Guns N' Roses' debate which arises pretty much everywhere, people always state this:
"My ticket stub says 'Guns N' Roses', so that's what they are".
Well my ticket stubs also say 'Chinese Democracy World Tour'. So that's what I'm taking it as.
I could care less if it was the bands decision, or the promotors, but that's what the tour was billed as.
And also, for such a notoriously picky band I can't believe they would have let the promotor use the name if they didn't want it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: