Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 03:31:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy starts ... never?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy starts ... never?  (Read 13255 times)
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« on: November 15, 2007, 12:18:19 AM »

Let it be known that I have all faith in Axl and this band, and I do believe there is finished music waiting to be released. What I'm beginning to question is whether or not what we've been waiting for is actually the album known as Chinese Democracy. The 06 tour was the last mention of that name, with the 07 leg simply being dubbed "World Tour 2007." Axl and the guys in the band don't generally refer to the album by title, and now we've got Baz saying there are multiple albums awaiting a potentially strategic release pattern. I think there was a Chinese Democracy at one time, and I think a lot of those songs have been re-worked by the current line up to make this new album, but I don't think this new album will be Chinese Democracy, at least not what we perceived Chinese Democracy to be. Nine Inch Nails was all set with an album of material and a concept behind it, Bleedthrough, but sometimes an artist will simply change their mind and want to go a different route. Axl's been held to delivering a Chinese Democracy for so long by the fans, but I think what will ultimately result from the "most expensive album ever recorded" will actually be several albums, none of them that said album. Take this cryptic posting over on Blabbermouth:

COMMENT |
posted by : stipple
11/14/2007 9:51:30 PM    

I'm good friends with someone in Axl's camp and he assured me that Axl will be releasing an album of new music (which will NOT be titled Chinese Democracy) in April (May at the latest) 2008.
Additional albums of new music will follow with intervals of 6 to 9 months. This albums will not be linked by any particular concept. Can't wait!

I'm not saying it's news and I'm not saying I buy it. I am saying it fits in line with what I've come to believer what Baz apparently believes, and makes the most sense considering the fact this material is most likely done, mastered, and in the hands of the label. A strategic marketing campaign for the comeback ALBUMS of one of the biggest rock bands in history can't be that easy a task, especially in 2007 with the industry pretty much waiting to die.

Think about it.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 12:21:21 AM »

when its ready, it will come out.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 12:26:32 AM »

Did you read my post or just the thread title? I said I'm certain it's already finished and awaiting the proper release strategy.
darkdays_01
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 12:36:33 AM »

I have always said i would not be surprised at all if the album comes out titled as something else.
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 12:38:04 AM »

Considering that April/May would be a good time to release a record (in my opinion at least!), when you put that together with what Baz said...

drool

Stipple may just have done that and nothing more. ?Roll Eyes

*edit*

By the way, 6-9 months between albums doesn't sound realistic to me... But that's just how I feel.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 12:40:17 AM by Jaci_Roxx » Logged
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 12:48:31 AM »

I don't give a damn what they call the album.  It'll be out eventually, hopefully sooner than later, and what it's called is immaterial at least in my opinion
darkdays_01
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 12:56:35 AM »

I hear ya at this point the title does not mean too much.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 01:09:33 AM »

Im saying its bogus the album will be called Chinese Democracy.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
elmir
VIP

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 01:10:15 AM »

Did you read my post or just the thread title? I said I'm certain it's already finished and awaiting the proper release strategy.

i read the whole post.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 01:11:24 AM »

This is all contrary to what Baz has said or hinted.....everything, except the release months (never mentioned by him) which are probably completely fabricated to make common sense.

A bunch of BS.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 01:17:01 AM »

Cd will be the name of the album. wouldn't make sense to change it now.

Even if they did change the title ,People would just start asking were the hell is that Chinese Democracy album?

CD will be out when it's out. ....
McDuff
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 01:33:11 AM »

Since we're discussing the album title,maybe Axl will title the album Fuck The Fans,just kidding  smoking
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 02:02:22 AM »

How about just Guns N' Roses?  I think that or W.A.R would be the perfect album title.....
Chief
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 02:05:55 AM »

yeah, regardless of what is said, i think Chinese Democracy is a name that a lot of people know so it wouldn't be wise to change it now.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 02:33:16 AM »

It seems like the name Chinese democracy now has some baggage - some associate the name with a mythical album, something like Smile was for the Beach Boys. Think about all the expectations associated with the name, how do you live up to that? Calling it something different may take away some of the stigma.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 04:09:16 AM »

The 06 tour was the last mention of that name, with the 07 leg simply being dubbed "World Tour 2007."

Roll Eyes

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
waxlrick
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 05:22:16 AM »

Well done mate! But, unlike me, some will still try and argue that "The Band" didn't call it "The Chinese Democracy" tour. They will then argue that they couldn't give a fuck what the tour was called cause Axl always puts on a kick ass show. Then they will say I am not a true GNR fan, e.t.c.....yawn, yawn and yawn. Blah, blah, blah.

The 06 tour was the last mention of that name, with the 07 leg simply being dubbed "World Tour 2007."

Roll Eyes
waxlrick
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 05:26:48 AM »

I agree dude. Any publicity is good publicity. There are negative vibes attached to the name due to the ridiculous amount of time it has been in the making but there is also the whole "mystery factor". It's become infamous almost. And that could equal big sales.....

yeah, regardless of what is said, i think Chinese Democracy is a name that a lot of people know so it wouldn't be wise to change it now.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 05:45:42 AM »

You have a point....

Maybe it is even better not to release an album titled 'Chinese Democracy'...
why not: 1. it will never live up to the expectations it think (it allready a legendary album just because of the hype...) - I find it cooler to keep it as a 'myth', the Guns album never made... 2. it is a stupid titel  Grin

So bring out three other great albums as fast as possible, I am hungry for new GN'R stuff!!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 05:50:21 AM »

everytime baz mentions that he has heard axl's music he says something along the lines like "i've heard chinese democracy and it's actually 4 albums worth of material" and stuff like that..when he spoke about the general he said that axl had told him that different songs relates to each other wich kinda says that there are some kind of concept right?

the only thing IMO that speaks against calling the album Chinese Democracy would be axl's comment on their website:

are all different, with different approaches and styles from each other and from material I have on the upcoming Guns N? Roses record.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: