Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 08:38:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Recent mini tour - Albums delay
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recent mini tour - Albums delay  (Read 12490 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2007, 02:15:59 PM »

I can't help but feel that the recent mini tour was nothing more than a display to let the record companies know what the band is about.

Oh, and I thought the band played for the fans, not for the record company....

/jarmo

In it for the mony,not the fans.

You got the bands mixed up.

/jarmo

No,because we aren't allowed to talk about the original band here.

Hahahahahaha.

Damn you're funny.

Not only did you get the band wrong, you also managed to mix up what this site is about.

Not having a good day.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2007, 02:24:31 PM »

I can't help but feel that the recent mini tour was nothing more than a display to let the record companies know what the band is about.

/jarmo

/jarmo

Hahahahahaha.

Damn you're funny.

Not only did you get the band wrong, you also managed to mix up what this site is about.

Not having a good day.....

/jarmo

In that case. Here is a question that a smartass like you surely has to know. Wich incarnation of the band did the most for their fans. The 1st one (1986-1996) or the 2nd one (2000-...)?

Where's Axl?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2007, 02:28:50 PM »

In that case. Here is a question that a smartass like you surely has to know. Wich incarnation of the band did the most for their fans. The 1st one (1986-1996) or the 2nd one (2000-...)?

Hahahaha.

Define "do things for the fans".

Only one of them has a web site..... The old band didn't have that way of informing the fans.

Do you remember that time? You know, when all the GN'R news you got came via somebody else (the newspaper, music press, MTV, radio etc).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2007, 02:31:51 PM »

Do you remember that time? You know, when all the GN'R news you got came via somebody else

Actually, that sounds like now...
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2007, 02:41:57 PM »

Do you remember that time? You know, when all the GN'R news you got came via somebody else (the newspaper, music press, MTV, radio etc).
/jarmo

Yes i remember that time.I have a full page newspaper ad of the 1991 Stockholm show framed,old video's (MTV Rockumentary's,...) and some other stuff. I remember the day's when G N' R where big news on MTV with their 1991-1992 tour. Now i think back at it. I also remember watching the 1988 MTV Music Awards where they performed Welcome to the jungle. Fucking raw and energetic. Very different than these days when it's hard to hear or see something/nothing about this incarnation of the band.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 02:48:02 PM by droezle » Logged

Where's Axl?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2007, 02:50:49 PM »

Do you remember that time? You know, when all the GN'R news you got came via somebody else

Actually, that sounds like now...

You mean Baz?  hihi

But you heard about Axl singing on his album from Axl himself.....

Yes i remember that time.I have a full page newspaper ad of the 1991 Stockholm show framed,old video's (MTV Rockumentary's,...) and some other stuff. I remember the day's when G N' R where big news on MTV with their 1991-1992 tour. Now i think back at it. I also remember watching the 1988 MTV Music Awards where they performed Welcome to the jungle. Fucking raw and energetic. Very different than these days when it's hard to hear or see something/nothing about this incarnation of the band.

And did you hear a lot about GN'R in 1994-96 for example? You know, when they didn't tour or have a new album in the stores?

/jarmo

droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2007, 03:06:57 PM »

And did you hear a lot about GN'R in 1994-96 for example? You know, when they didn't tour or have a new album in the stores?

/jarmo

Mmm,no. But when you look back at it you can describe these 2 years as a normal needfull band vacation. They have been busy for many years before 1994. They toured and released 2 albums between 1986 and 1989. Than they took 1,5 year of to have some rest and record an album. In 1991 they started to tour and released 2 albums with a full tour followed till the end of 1993 and the release of a cover album.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 03:08:54 PM by droezle » Logged

Where's Axl?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2007, 03:15:47 PM »

/jarmo

Mmm,no. But when you look back at it you can describe these 2 years as a normal needfull band vacation. They have been busy for many years before 1994. They toured and released 2 albums between 1986 and 1989. Than they took 1,5 year of to have some rest and record an album. In 1991 they started to tour and released 2 albums with a full tour followed till the end of 1993 and the release of a cover album.

That's beside the point.

The point is, GN'R never was "informing fans" or "doing things for the fans" when there was no reason to.

Whatever you say is stupid an unacceptable now, has probably happened in the past.

You think Axl promised you that the album would be out by now? Well, GN'R also said Use Your Illusion was coming out before September 1991. Things happen, plans change.

/jarmo

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2007, 03:25:14 PM »

You mean Baz?? hihi

But you heard about Axl singing on his album from Axl himself.....

It's the buddy-system marketing strategy, of course.? ?yes
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 03:29:53 PM by bodine » Logged
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2007, 03:26:44 PM »

That's beside the point.

The point is, GN'R never was "informing fans" or "doing things for the fans" when there was no reason to.

Whatever you say is stupid an unacceptable now, has probably happened in the past.

You think Axl promised you that the album would be out by now? Well, GN'R also said Use Your Illusion was coming out before September 1991. Things happen, plans change.

/jarmo

rofl Axl promised us a lot in the past and it always turned out in a lie. How long did they worked on the recording of UYI? 1,5 years for 2 albums? For how many years now is Axl making promises about Chinese Democracy? 10 years for 1 album? As you said. Things happen,plans change. If he can't handle it,he better quit the music business.

Where's Axl?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2007, 03:50:36 PM »

rofl Axl promised us a lot in the past and it always turned out in a lie.

A lie? It's not exactly a lie when you think something will happen and it doesn't.

A lie is when you say something that you know isn't the truth.

If you wanna read about lies, there's other sections on this board where you'll see them.

How long did they worked on the recording of UYI? 1,5 years for 2 albums? For how many years now is Axl making promises about Chinese Democracy? 10 years for 1 album? As you said. Things happen,plans change. If he can't handle it,he better quit the music business.

One album?

Oh my...

No wonder your views are a bit twisted.....

Here's a similar question, if you can't handle artists taking their time and them deciding what's best for them, why are you even here?

/jarmo

droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2007, 04:02:46 PM »

One album?

Oh my...

Here's a similar question, if you can't handle artists taking their time and them deciding what's best for them, why are you even here?

/jarmo

Axl said a while back that they have recorded 30-35 songs but he never said something about how many albums they are planning to release. It's possible that a lot of songs never will make it to the album and never will be released. I can handle it when an artist takes his time to record an album,i don't even give a flyin' fuck if it takes another 10 years.

Where's Axl?
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2007, 04:07:12 PM »

One album?

Oh my...

/jarmo

Axl said a while back that they have recorded 30-35 songs but he never said something about how many albums they are planning to release. It's possible that a lot of songs never will make it to the album and never will be released. I can handle it when an artist takes his time to record an album,i don't even give a flyin' fuck if it takes another 10 years.

If I am not mistaken  and hell I might be , But Axl did mention that they are going to do like three albums and a show in 2002.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2007, 04:10:39 PM »

Axl said a while back that they have recorded 30-35 songs but he never said something about how many albums they are planning to release. It's possible that a lot of songs never will make it to the album and never will be released.

Well, you've already been proven wrong and Baz has mentioned the multiple albums thing quite recently too.

Maybe if you weren't so busy finding these "lies", you would've known about it...

/jarmo

droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2007, 04:28:21 PM »

Axl said a while back that they have recorded 30-35 songs but he never said something about how many albums they are planning to release. It's possible that a lot of songs never will make it to the album and never will be released.

Well, you've already been proven wrong and Baz has mentioned the multiple albums thing quite recently too.

Maybe if you weren't so busy finding these "lies", you would've known about it...

/jarmo

And Baz is the manager of the band? Sure,i know who Baz is but when are we gonna hear something from Axl. Whatever. We will see what future brings us.

Where's Axl?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2007, 04:32:40 PM »

/jarmo

/jarmo

what does the original band have to do with this topic?  jesus christ.   
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2007, 05:26:31 PM »

Given the current state of the music industry, I'm sure the Record Label and GNR are going to be very careful about releasing this album making sure all the elements are in place before unleashing it to the public. 

This is an abnormal album(s) which was not recorded in the traditional 6 - 8 month period as with most other artists and their albums.  The Record Company did not pay up to (reportedly) 13 million for a simple "12 song CD".  Axl did reveal in May of 2006 that they had "almost 3 albums worth of material" recorded.  According to Baz, it's up to 4 now. 

The band toured not only to "make money" or "pay for the album's expenses" but to get the feel of playing live again and showing the world that they are still around and the CD will follow.  Tours are typically done to promote a new album, singles are released to radio stations to promote tours (and albums).  The band did not waist everybody's time in the past two years for nothing.  All there is left now is the release of (dare I say "Part One"?) Chinese Democracy, coming soon to a Store/Download site near you, lol. 

cybercurves
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2007, 07:41:57 PM »

Well, there is taking your time and then there is being maniacally obsessive.  Who else takes this long to put out music?  Brian Wilson?  Lauryn Hill?  Guess what?  They are both batshit crazy. 

You can only explain away so much.  And then the rational thinker, will admit, there is something not right here. 
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2007, 07:46:59 PM »

Yeah just like 2 years ago it was being mixed.

Two years ago it wasn't even done....

They recorded parts for the albums in January....

/jarmo

"Albums."? I just love the plural "s" on the end of that.? Here's hoping...? ?beer

It's just logic.

Considering I don't know what songs are actually on Chinese Democracy, I can't say for sure that everything they recorded in January ends up on it.....

/jarmo

so you know what songs were worked on in january then.......

I think you just read way too much into that post.

and i think you read way too much into mine if you thought i was serious.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2007, 07:49:15 PM »

Well, there is taking your time and then there is being maniacally obsessive.  Who else takes this long to put out music?  Brian Wilson?  Lauryn Hill?  Guess what?  They are both batshit crazy. 

You can only explain away so much.  And then the rational thinker, will admit, there is something not right here. 

Who else is Axl Rose or GN'R? Nobody!

I guess you're so used to everybody else doing the same old routine that when somebody doesn't, it's because they're "crazy".

I see a lot of the same names coming here and making the same fucking "points" time after time. Why don't you go find something else to use all that energy on?

All that negativity can't be good for you.

The rational thinker hasn't got a clue what's going on because he/she doesn't live the life Axl does.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: