Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:35:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Baz reveals more about "The General", CD, and more!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz reveals more about "The General", CD, and more!  (Read 44653 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2007, 10:25:07 AM »

Sure he is going to tell some stories and twist some things, so would Axl.

Has he before?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2007, 10:26:41 AM »

There is a big difference between Sebastian promoting a friend and Sebastian USING his friend to sell more copies of his album.

If Axl didn't want to help Baz and didn't want him saying the stuff he is saying, then don't you think Axl would say something? You don't honestly believe that Baz is going to ruin their friendship by saying things Axl doesn't want him to say do you?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2007, 11:36:23 AM »

Wow. Slash talking about Axl nowadays or GNR after he left is one thing. He has zero connection with him or the band now and everything he says is no different than any of us saying the same - just wishful thinking, although he always seem to make it sound like he knows something.

Sebastian talking about Axl who worked with him in Angel Down, who asked him to sing on Sorry on the new album and with whom he did a major tour is other thing.

Amuses me how people are always trying to find something to bitch about. Tongue

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2007, 11:49:10 AM »

Besides, I don't think axl would hate it if his friend sells more copies of his album axl sings on.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2007, 12:15:40 PM »

Amuses me how people are always trying to find something to bitch about. Tongue

And it's usually the same people!

They're upset that somebody who actually has spent time with Axl has something nice to say.

But when people who haven't spent any time with Axl in the last ten years say something even remotely nice, it's all about them clearing the air and being cool towards Axl.

Baz is talking about HIS friend who sings on HIS album.

It's not like he spends every interview talking about Skid Row in order to sell his new album. Some other people do it like that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2007, 12:57:43 PM »

? ? I don't want to quote anyone... not to single out anyone post. But the shit posted about Slash/Axl are bullshit. They will forever be connected, for christ's sake they worked on 5 pretty amazing albums together let alone embarked on the longest tour in Rock n' Roll History....(UYI tour 91-93). I love this band new/old I get frustrated about the CD not being released but hey, it will come out when it comes out.

Slash is great and I love him I respect the fact that he left and the band continues but that gives none of you pylons the right to disregard the work he did while in the band.

Why should he have no right to talk about his time in the band? He even sketched the fuckin' logo.

He brought out a book and that's it, if Paul Mc Cartney brought out a book you think he wouldn't talk about John, they were a bit bigger than Guns and spent years not talking to eachother. But for damn sure every interview both ever did after The Beatles they were asked about the time and what the fuck is up.

Inside scoop? it doesn't seem to me like Slash is trying to say anything about the new band at all.

Utter bullshit?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 12:59:53 PM by chriskon72 » Logged

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #146 on: November 07, 2007, 01:01:53 PM »

The bullshit is the fact that people are whining about Baz.

He's talking about NOW. Axl sings on his album coming out in about two weeks.

It's not something from ten years ago.

It's current, it's happening. What's the fucking problem?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #147 on: November 07, 2007, 01:10:49 PM »

He brought out a book and that's it, if Paul Mc Cartney brought out a book you think he wouldn't talk about John, they were a bit bigger than Guns and spent years not talking to eachother. But for damn sure every interview both ever did after The Beatles they were asked about the time and what the fuck is up.

did sir paul Paul McCartney talk about  john every time he released a wings album? That must have been ridiculous Shocked
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2007, 01:16:10 PM »

At least he is mentioning Axl's name, and keeping him alive in the music world.  That's the way I look at it, because if he didn't who would?!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2007, 01:42:12 PM »

The bullshit is the fact that people are whining about Baz.

He's talking about NOW. Axl sings on his album coming out in about two weeks.

It's not something from ten years ago.

It's current, it's happening. What's the fucking problem?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo
^ God forbid Baz to talk about what he knows and what he has. Also, people can't say nice things about Axl, it's always ass-kissing and bad using of his name. Tongue

Inside scoop? it doesn't seem to me like Slash is trying to say anything about the new band at all.

Utter bullshit 
Yeah? So what about CD being released in March 2006? Or about Axl having only two or three songs recorded?

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2007, 01:47:51 PM »

And it's usually the same people!

no it isn't, you just chose to put those who have a slightly different opinion on the "negative" pile.

They're upset that somebody who actually has spent time with Axl has something nice to say.

no im not....

But when people who haven't spent any time with Axl in the last ten years say something even remotely nice, it's all about them clearing the air and being cool towards Axl.

exactly my point, what did slash say in the recent interview that was "negative"? As far as i was concerned he was asked about Axl and GnR, what is was like way back then. He said it was crazy, bnlah blah, but also said that he wanted to put all the animosity to one side, he said he was not blameless for how things have turned out. So why move the thread and constantly bash slash? if you dont like him, why feel the need to comment?

to my main point...

I bet if any other celebrity in the world had mentioned Axl Rose on that show, the thread would not have been moved. FACT.

It's not like he spends every interview talking about Skid Row in order to sell his new album. Some other people do it like that.

again, unneccessary cheap shots because you dont like the man in the top hat.

Baz is talking about HIS friend who sings on HIS album.

^^ just about the only true statement in your entire post.

Can't we just like the old and new band and its members, past and present?

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2007, 02:08:57 PM »

to my main point...

I bet if any other celebrity in the world had mentioned Axl Rose on that show, the thread would not have been moved. FACT.

You're wrong. FACT!

again, unneccessary cheap shots because you dont like the man in the top hat.

Boohoo.  Cry

I think it's ridiculous to see some of you whining about this after having endured years of certain people talking about Axl.

If you wanna talk about former members, please do so in the right section. It's not that fucking complicated.

You're just upset because you're afraid nobody will read your posts there. Well, that's not my fucking problem is it?

/jarmo

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2007, 02:18:10 PM »

to my main point...

You're wrong. FACT!

I think everyone knows thats a....... (i wont say lie)........but an "untruth". There are plent of other threads on this board stretching back many years to highlight my point.

Boohoo. Cry

You're just upset because you're afraid nobody will read your posts there. Well, that's not my fucking problem is it?

/jarmo

nice attitude.... Undecided

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2007, 02:20:11 PM »

I think everyone knows thats a....... (i wont say lie)........but an "untruth". There are plent of other threads on this board stretching back many years to highlight my point.

The fact is, if you wanna read about the former members, go look for those sections.

nice attitude.... Undecided

Thanks.

The truth hurts.

/jarmo

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2007, 02:26:10 PM »

This board needs URGENTLY a sticky topic explaining why Slash's current things go to Velvet Revolver's section

You can explain it once, twice, a million times. You can explain it nicely, aggresively, didactically... but some people will never understand it.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2007, 02:36:23 PM »

Yeah they still believe that any celebrity dj or writer has a special section for each in this site, it seems. hihi
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2007, 02:49:38 PM »

? First off, I'm not complaining about Baz talking about CD I think it's great and thank god for him because id it wasn't for him we would know dick.

? I'm talking about people saying Slash shouldn't talk about Axl or Guns because he has nothing to do with them at this moment or in the past 10 years that's a crock.

?Paul Mc Cartney still talks about John all the fuckin' time, back when he was in Wings he probably wasn't allowed to because Linda was there but he still did his talk no doubt about that.

?Slash said some things in the past and for sure he had his reasons. It's not easy, these guy's were like husband and wife...whatever more promotion for Axl more promotion for CD

?I love Baz am a huge fan of his work ( was a die hard Skids fan, met him and Skid Row a few times back in the day... )but him begging to get the Stern show makes him sound like a tool...regardless if it is NOW or not. "Is Axl's voice not more important than Slash's book?"

? What would this guy be saying if he got the VR gig? ?I'd love to see if he would be Axl's little buddy then. These guy's are all a bunch of Hypocritical rockstars.

Sorry man none of this shit flies.

? By the way, is Soundgarden/Faith No More on the main GNR page a major event happening now/recently or 12 years ago? I think Slash has much more to do with Guns than fuckin Chris Cornell and Mike Patton talk about dead horse. ?

? ?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 06:57:28 AM by chriskon72 » Logged

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2007, 11:21:05 PM »

Sebastian is just another puppet.

I have no problem with Sebastian promoting his album, but I think he should leave Axl's release strategies a secret.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2007, 11:37:51 PM »

I have no problem with Sebastian promoting his album, but I think he should leave Axl's release strategies a secret.
Unless Axl is fine with Sebastian speaking on his behalf.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2007, 11:40:42 PM »

Unless Axl is fine with Sebastian speaking on his behalf.

I agree. if Axls cool with it why not tell us, if it wasn't for Baz, we'd still be in the dark about anything.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: