Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:43:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Baz reveals more about "The General", CD, and more!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz reveals more about "The General", CD, and more!  (Read 44659 times)
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2007, 06:01:11 PM »

Just release the damn album(s) I'm pretty much done with all this hype...

Yeah. Wink Last year I checked the messageboard for news, like 20 times a day...  Grin
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2007, 08:31:06 PM »

first single this month? if you were a betting man, you wouldnt put much on it would you? and why would it make the record company smart to put one out soon?

yes i would, i like livin' on the edge  hihi

because in the music industry there's two big months to sell a record : november & june.

don't you know that people has more money to spend at christmas ?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2007, 09:12:08 PM »

I just love the double standards

Its OK for Baz to use Axl to sell his record, but if Slash even mentions his name, everyone has a heart attack and a bitch fit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2007, 09:13:45 PM »

Its OK for Baz to use Axl to sell his record, but if Slash even mentions his name, everyone has a heart attack and a bitch fit.

wtf does slash have to do with this?  Vr section please.
CSS
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2007, 09:15:42 PM »

Well, people are going to freak when they see your post.

So I guess it's time for the "bitch fit"?
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2007, 09:16:54 PM »

^ to be fair alot of people have complained about baz "using axl" to sell his record

i havent complained because im pumped that baz got axl to sing on an actual recorded song for the first time since oh my god  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2007, 09:18:05 PM »

Just stating the obvious

It was cool the first couple of times, but now I don't want the surprise to be spoiled by anyone other than the band. ?I want Axl to break this awesome news, even if i have to wait.

Sebastian is going overboard now with the constant name dropping.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2007, 09:28:23 PM »

Just stating the obvious

It was cool the first couple of times, but now I don't want the surprise to be spoiled by anyone other than the band.  I want Axl to break this awesome news, even if i have to wait.

Sebastian is going overboard now with the constant name dropping.

Baz is Axl's friend.

A bit different than using a person's (who you haven't talked to in eleven years) name to sell your product.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2007, 09:28:55 PM »

i havent complained because im pumped that baz got axl to sing on an actual recorded song for the first time since oh my god  ok

exactly.

and if he wants to give us CD info and Axl has no problem with it, I dont see the big deal.    Maybe Axl wants Baz to hype him and the album up?  We dont know.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2007, 09:31:19 PM »

Baz is Axl's friend.

A bit different than using a person's (who you haven't talked to in eleven years) name to sell your product.

/jarmo

another good point.

when Baz was answering madison's question on the trunk show the other day, he said:  "nobody else in this business has helped me out as much as Axl Rose."

So maybe Baz is doing what he can to return the favor by getting Axl's name out there more?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2007, 09:34:24 PM »

i havent complained because im pumped that baz got axl to sing on an actual recorded song for the first time since oh my god? ok

exactly.

and if he wants to give us CD info and Axl has no problem with it, I dont see the big deal.? ? Maybe Axl wants Baz to hype him and the album up?? We dont know.
I'm beginning to buy into this theory more and more.  I mean granted, mentioning Axl as much as Baz does is done primarily to drum up interest in the public for Angel Down.  BUT, I think Sebastian is truly greatful for all that Axl has done for him and he's willing to try and do the same for Axl.  And I think it's quite possible that Axl has given Baz permission to push his name and information about Chinese Democracy.  After all, "the timing couldn't be better."

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2007, 09:49:04 PM »

Why would anybody be upset about Baz putting Axl's name out in the public eye, with nothing but positive things attached to it?

People always complain when the media isn't "fair" to Axl. But you've got his bud out there promoting the hell out of him (covering various types of media outlets), and you're not happy with that?

Some of you dopes should really listen to yourselves sometimes. Jeez.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2007, 10:14:28 PM »

2012, eh?

Good description by Baz though. Been a long time since I've cared about this album now.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2007, 10:20:12 PM »

need the man himself  AXL now ya know it's been way to quiet since ya been gone !

the one an only horsey !
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2007, 10:30:33 PM »

Axl is on Bach's album and Bach is on Chinese Democracy, whereas according to both Axl and Slash they haven't even spoken face to face in 11 years or so which is the key difference  ok
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2007, 10:52:26 PM »

if the songs are done and the discs are all complete (no reason to think they're not at the very least close to finished) i'll be shocked if the 2nd and/or 3rd albums don't leak somehow.

Seems like every new CD by major artists leaks a week or two before it comes out.  Albums 2 and 3 could take years!  That would totally suck ass if it leaks.

as for the Slash dropping Axl's name - c'mon - why shouldn't he?  Slash is tied to GNR which is tied to Axl.  Should Slash talk about Weiland? hahah.  Isn't the book about his days in Guns too? 

Show me one person here who WOULDN'T ask Slash about why he left the band or what it was like being with Guns back in the day blah blah blah.  It's what people want to hear and know more about.  Thats what I would talk to him about, not the making of Libertad for god's sake!  rofl

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2007, 12:45:27 AM »

wow.....

I find this all quite interesting.

I truly hope that the GNR album comes out this xmas.    yes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2007, 10:13:56 AM »

There is a big difference between Sebastian promoting a friend and Sebastian USING his friend to sell more copies of his album.

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2007, 10:17:32 AM »

this is what said a couple of days ago, but the blindness continues....

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2007, 10:20:50 AM »

if the songs are done and the discs are all complete (no reason to think they're not at the very least close to finished) i'll be shocked if the 2nd and/or 3rd albums don't leak somehow.

Seems like every new CD by major artists leaks a week or two before it comes out.? Albums 2 and 3 could take years!? That would totally suck ass if it leaks.

as for the Slash dropping Axl's name - c'mon - why shouldn't he?? Slash is tied to GNR which is tied to Axl.? Should Slash talk about Weiland? hahah.? Isn't the book about his days in Guns too??

Show me one person here who WOULDN'T ask Slash about why he left the band or what it was like being with Guns back in the day blah blah blah.? It's what people want to hear and know more about.? Thats what I would talk to him about, not the making of Libertad for god's sake!? rofl

Very well said. I always get a laugh on these boards when people want to PRETEND slash has nothing to do with gnr. Newsflash, ALL the music you own by gnr (with the exceptions of a few unfinished demos) and love, have SLASH in them. 90% of ALL concerts that this new band plays, and we all love, would have nothing to play if it was not for SLASH! The argument that some use is "this new version has been together longer than the old" WHO CARES!, In all this time, what have they done? I have been to the concerts, loved them, they play Slash's music very well. People all over the world know slash, he is and ALWAYS will be thought of when you here the words Guns n Roses. Why do you think his book is selling? People who love gnr what to know things about the band. He was there for the BEST part of the band, I think he knows a little more about Axl than buckethead. Sure he is going to tell some stories and twist some things, so would Axl. There is no right or wrong. They were both strung out on drugs and booze, who are we to say one is a liar and one isnt?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: