Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 07:26:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228492 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash on Conan O'Brien tonight (11/1/07) -- funny as hell!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on Conan O'Brien tonight (11/1/07) -- funny as hell!  (Read 5643 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« on: November 02, 2007, 01:20:44 AM »

Can't wait.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 01:36:05 AM by Bridge » Logged
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 01:24:52 AM »

This will be great, Conan is by far the funniest guy on tv!!
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 01:32:39 AM »

You guys watching this?? This is funny.? They're talking about the one regret Slash has about his career, not writing the chorus of "Paradise City" as..

Take me down to the Paradise city
where the girls are fat and they got big titties

And then Conan starting singing that line in his high-pitched voice!   Grin  Then Conan went into his rendition of "Sweet Child o Mine".

Slash and Conan also discussed the infamous Las Vegas incident where Slash wasn't let in to Axl's concert.? Slash refuted the notion that he was there to try and play onstage, and also made it clear that he believes management made the decision, not Axl.

Slash looks positively badass too.? Leather jacket, top hat, and all.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 01:37:06 AM by Bridge » Logged
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 01:44:23 AM »

What an interview!! damn hilarious!!! hopefully someone can post on utuve for everyone to see!! Conan was funny but it safe to say that we'l never see Axl on his show!!!  He's not down with Axl using the name GNR, but his impersonation was too funny!!!  Glad that it was a totally different from the letterman interview,  Conan and Slash are the man!!!
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 01:45:16 AM »

Actually, you can watch the entire show tomorrow on nbc.com.  Not sure how long they leave the shows up.  probably only a day.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 06:28:38 AM »

It is not up yet.

http://www.nbc.com/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/video/episodes.shtml

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 09:19:51 AM »

Can someone put this up for download please. You can only watch it on nbc if you are from america, so im fucked! Embarrassed
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 11:29:03 AM »

God I really wanna see this. I love Conan to death lol he?s so damn funny.  hihi

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
clarkwork0
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 01:23:19 PM »

it's up there now.  Great stuff
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 01:28:38 PM »

WTF, clip isn't available.. someone put it on youtube

I got to see conan and slash
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 01:40:56 PM »

I can see it fine.  Just choose November 1st then Chapter 5.
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 03:04:55 PM »

If your not in america you can't see it dude! If someone put this up somewhere i'll be ther best friend!! peace
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 03:09:30 PM »

Damn being in the UK!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 03:20:01 PM »

I have been looking to see if they have it posted anywhere else.  Looks like they do post the episodes to AOL as well but they are still like 3 days behind in posting.

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 03:35:50 PM »

Actually, I don't think it was as positive as it was on Letterman.

Conan did ask Slash (twice) if the latter had made attempts to contact Axl, refering to the 2005 incident, and Slash only said "I've sent him Christmas cards". While that was probably not a lie, avoiding the question being asked about an embarrassing for him situation just didn't look very good. In fact, one could've easily concluded that Slash denied ever trying to contact Axl.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 03:49:43 PM »

Conan did ask Slash (twice) if the latter had made attempts to contact Axl, refering to the 2005 incident, and Slash only said "I've sent him Christmas cards". While that was probably not a lie, avoiding the question being asked about an embarrassing for him situation just didn't look very good.

Baloney.? Firstly, Conan asked him ONCE.

Secondly, Conan did NOT directly reference the 2005 incident, he just asked Slash if he'd tried to contact Axl.? After being told about the Christmas cards (something that Slash has admitted doing in past interviews), Conan immediately went on a facetious tangent about how he'd love to see Slash's xmas cards.? "Merry Christmas!? From SLASH!"? So even if Slash wanted to admit the 2005 happening, there was no time to make that revelation, as those shows move really quickly from question to question (especially if you're the third and final guest as Slash was, you barely get any time at all).

Thirdly, Slash stated clearly in his book that he and Axl did not actually speak in the 2005 incident, so there wasn't any need to reference it, especially since it was over a serious legal matter not really that suited for the lighthearted comedy situation they were in.

In fact, one could've easily concluded that Slash denied ever trying to contact Axl.

Yeah, one who doesn't pay attention to what's being said could conclude that.? Or somebody who is deliberately looking to take a question/answer like that out of context and put a negative spin on it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 08:25:20 PM by Bridge » Logged
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 03:53:39 PM »

If your not in america you can't see it dude! If someone put this up somewhere i'll be ther best friend!! peace

I subscrive what you said... Please upload it to all of us who ain?t lucky to live in the states lol

p.s- my 800th post!  Shocked

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 08:09:01 PM »

here?s the youtube link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=wxQPzw3dcZA

lol I loved it. Conan was so funny empersonating Axl  rofl

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 08:56:53 PM »

Hahaha gotta love Slash going off on the Guitar Hero addiction......then when they're ending the segment he's like "oh, I wrote a book".   rofl

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
CSS
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 09:03:18 PM »

I laughed like hell when I saw Slash's face after Conan O'Brien's impression of Axl.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: