Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:22:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Depression
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Depression  (Read 5492 times)
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: November 01, 2007, 04:04:55 PM »

Do any of you on here suffer from it?

If you do, what are you symptoms?

I often feel like whatever I do, isn't good enough for anyone and there are days when I just want to never get out of bed.

If you do suffer from it, when did it hit you?  Where you younger or older?

I take medicine for it but I just feel like whatever I do, I am always doomed.

I even try to be positive and then I still have those feelings creep up to where you can feel numb and desensitizied from life as a whole.

I wonder if I am on the brink of being bipolar.  I am not even sure if you can be semi bipolar.

Just wondering if anyone else feels this way or suffers from anything?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 04:09:50 PM »

I know about a half a dozen people on prescription drugs for depression at this time. This doesn't seem to help any of them.

I'd do some reading on nutrition and depression as well. There is certainly a correlation in my opinion.

I'd also recommend you look for mental health forums to find feedback that can help you. This really isn't the place IMO.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 04:10:57 PM »

If you were bipolar you would swing from feeling really high to really low. ?By high I mean, extremely euphoric and it would last for quite a period of time. ?Doesn't sound like this is the case here. ?
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 04:12:04 PM »

I understand where you're coming from and wish you the best of luck. Personally, I feel I'd rather deal with the boughts of "depression" rather than numb myself to them. As a journalist and filmmaker, medicating myself in those instances I feel really clouds the creative process. However, I've known people who feel at such an unbearably low point with themselves that medication is the only real course to take. If you think that's you, then definately pursue that. It's not unnatural, what you're feeling. It's just something a lot of people would rather not acknowledge, let alone try to fix.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 04:20:26 PM »

I've been depressed a few times and shit, and now in psycology class we're writing essays on different stuff that has to do with psycology.. i have chosen to write about depression but haven't really started ut up yet..

my sisters husband is bi polar but i don't really know what to tell you about him
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 04:27:25 PM »

Well, I eat so I don't think that nutrition plays a part in me feeling this way.

And my moods are more to the point where I let a lot of stuff slide but then I'll snap so I don't know what you'd classify that because I rarely have bouts of euphoria and if I do, they too don't last for long periods. ?That is why I am wondering if there is a point between being bipolar close to being bipolar.

I only take one medication for it. ?It actually was prescribed for me due to having anxiety/panic attacks but it says on the label it's used to treat depression.

Sometimes, I'll be driving and wonder that I can just end it all by running into a brick wall or I can take a bunch of pills but I don't act out any of those thoughts but I do think about it on occasion.

I have already in my lfe hit rock bottom and when you hit rock bottom, you become numb to a lot of stuff. ?The positive side is you get to start over and you also have this incredible ability to desensitize yourself from any feeling whatsoever. ?It's like whatever happens, you just don't care. ?It's a feeling where everything around you is just numb.

I am just wondering if anyone else feels this way. ?No one is perfect. ?Everyone has shit they suffer from so I am just talking about it to see how many out there can relate.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 04:37:12 PM »

You aren't bipolar you just sound like you are going through a depression.? Then again I am pretty sure no one on this board is an MD so I don't think we are really qualified to help you out with this.

If your medication doesn't seem to be working anymore it's probably because your body has become accustomed to it and you need a higher dosage or possibly to try something different.

I don't think he meant just eating will help you.? What you eat and how active you are can directly affect your mood, especially if you have a tendency to be depressed.? Same thing with sunlight, which is why people tend to get more depressed in the winter when there is less.

The problem these days is that people rely too much on meds to help them with everything when there are other things you can do to try to solve the issue.

I think you should really ask someone you know for help if you are having suicidal thoughts.  Please reach out to someone with this!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 04:39:03 PM by Bandita » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 04:42:42 PM »

I don't think anyone here can tell him that he is or is not bi polar, even if someone was the best shrink/doctor ever you have to meet and talk with a person to diagnose him..
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 04:47:21 PM »

I don't think anyone here can tell him that he is or is not bi polar, even if someone was the best shrink/doctor ever you have to meet and talk with a person to diagnose him..

You're right.  He needs to talk to someone tangible though because he is saying that he has contemplated suicide recently.  That's never something that should be taken lightly. 

kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 05:12:33 PM »

I am just wondering if anyone else feels this way.  No one is perfect.  Everyone has shit they suffer from so I am just talking about it to see how many out there can relate.
yeah I can relate, some of the things you say sound pretty similar to what I feel like sometimes. maybe you should give finding a new hobby a thought...change in your everyday pattern can do good (or so I'm told) something to focuss on when you feel unhappy.

I personally tend to have these moodswings...days where I'm extremely happy with everything and then all of a sudden I feel like complete shit and just don't think life is really worth living anymore. I can't deal well with stress well, If I'm to busy I can't sleep because there's to much going on in my head and I have trouble focussing on things in general...for example when I'm reading something it usually takes about 3 times reading the words before something actually registers with me.

I'm not on any medication and haven't consulted a doctor about it, and don't know if I should or not...they might send me to some psychologist or something but I did that for years and it never helped me all that much. I dunno...I just feel weird going to a doctor about it.

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
GeraldFord
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 08:09:22 PM »

Life sucks...get used to it...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 08:41:35 PM »

Life sucks...get used to it...

Always the optimist!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 08:56:16 PM »

Obviously, this is a very heavy topic.  Nixon means well and is trying to lighten your mood.

I think it's completely normal to be down, and sometimes feel like it's impossible to ever feel truly happy again.  I think that pretty much covers 75% of my teenage years.  Smiley

Seriously, the key to getting out of the funk is to look outside of yourself.  I've always looked at the psych./shrink driven treatments as counter-productive.  A lot of health professionals advocate for introspection on top of introspection, etc., etc.
With extra time I'd recommend these folks volunteer at a hospital, senior center, or community center.  Get out there and try to help others.  There are folks out there who need your help and you being dead is a negative for society as a whole.

You're probably young and have your whole life ahead of you.  Every person is capable of amazing things.  Surprise yourself and accomplish something you didn't think was possible.  Laugh, cry, work hard, if you like athletics get moving, be as good a person as you can be...and if this doesn't work after giving it your full effort, see a doctor.   peace

Good luck.  There is light at the end of the tunnel.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GeraldFord
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 09:26:40 PM »

Some ideas for when you feel down:

1. Exercise-It really can help, esp something like jogging.
2. Listen to heavy doses of Nine Inch Nails.
3. Masturbation
4. Talk to family/friends
5. Go out to dinner (may involve #4)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 09:43:47 PM »

3. Masturbation

or, you can combine those options and put on a music-listening device, blast some NIN, and jog to dinner with friends or family...if the dinner convo. isn't to your liking, the restroom stall awaits.  I wouldn't recommend tapping your foot to the beat of the restaurant's muzak though.   Wink

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 12:43:55 AM »

dont phone any depression hotlines, they dont help at all no

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHcMp5MJfPM
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 03:00:51 PM »

Eating healthy, 8 hours of sleep, excercise, keep busy and absolutely see a professional.  There's no shame in trying to help yourself, there is if you don't.  It may be something simple to correct.  Get off the computer for awhile and get outdoors and visit friends.  Good Luck and I hope you feel better.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 03:28:06 PM »

Eating healthy, 8 hours of sleep, excercise, keep busy and absolutely see a professional.  There's no shame in trying to help yourself, there is if you don't.  It may be something simple to correct.  Get off the computer for awhile and get outdoors and visit friends.  Good Luck and I hope you feel better.

This is the best advise here.

When I said nutrition, I mean correct nutrition. Simply eating doesn't mean you are getting proper nutrition. There are all kinds of food allergies as well that can cause you to react in many different ways.

This is what I would recommend:

Exercise has been proven to help with all sorts of issues, both mental and physical.

Find other people such as yourself, either via self help group (preferred) or online. Hanging out on a GnR forum (while all intentions are good) is not going to help you.

Search and read about proper nutrition, depression, food allergies (believe it or not, there are foods, that can send you into depression, or make you manic. Sometimes something simple as eliminating caffeine can do wonders) and so on. Do a search.

Get professional help, demanding they are thorough. Is medicine correct for you? Are you getting enough sleep? Diet? All avenues should be discussed with your doctor, or you are at the wrong place. Find a doctor who will go through everything with you. It is your life afterall, don't just let them give you a prescription and send you on your way. Online support groups often have a list of doctors they believe are above the pharmaceutical racket.

The computer is right in front of you and there is a wealth of information to help yourself right now. Stop reading this, and go to it.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 03:30:11 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 08:05:28 PM »

3. Masturbation

now that's a part i don't understand.is mastrubastion bad ?
cause i really like it there,i dunno maybe it's just me being me,with me ?
who friggin knows but depression sucks.

the one an only horsey !
GeraldFord
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 10:32:20 PM »

Where did I say that "mastrubastion was bad"Huh?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: