Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:33:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  THE COMET
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE COMET  (Read 9059 times)
rockNroses
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 11:27:57 PM »

But where are the pieces of whatever matter the components are of coming from then? After the splitting in two or three pieces, shouldn't the thing be fading? But the core doesn't seem to have lost size or energy at all. I'm not a astronomy expert but from physics aspects this thing behaves quite irrational.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 11:33:50 PM »

I tried looking towards teh north east like it said but i didn't have any luck, i think its because theres a full moon where i am Undecided not sure though wish i could have seen it for myself.

It is easiest to spot in binocs first. Anyway, find the Moon, then hold your arm out extended and make a fist - there is a bright star a little over two fist widths to the left of the Moon. That is Capella, no go about two fist widths up ... viola! there you go.

The fist extended at arms length subtends about 10 degrees of the sky. Your finger at that length subtends about 2 degrees. The Moon is 0.5 degree, or about 1/4 the width of your finger. Good Luck.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2007, 11:40:56 PM »

But where are the pieces of whatever matter the components are of coming from then? After the splitting in two or three pieces, shouldn't the thing be fading? But the core doesn't seem to have lost size or energy at all. I'm not a astronomy expert but from physics aspects this thing behaves quite irrational.

It is doing what comets do. The nucleus is surrounded by the coma(gas and dust). As comets approach the Sun, heat and radiation cause the volatile elements to sublimate and outgas. Comets are basically big frozen balls of ice the size of mountains. Gravity pulls on one side more than the other and that is why they split up.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
rockNroses
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2007, 11:50:11 PM »

It will be intresting to see what the comet will be doing next, it's supposed to be between mars and jupiter right now, moving away from the sun, away from us then too. But I am afraid if it splits into more pieces that some of these might leave that path and head the other direction.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 11:55:24 PM »

It will be intresting to see what the comet will be doing next, it's supposed to be between mars and jupiter right now, moving away from the sun, away from us then too. But I am afraid if it splits into more pieces that some of these might leave that path and head the other direction.

That would impossible without some other force acting on it. Comets are in orbit just like everything else.

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 12:04:08 AM »

That would impossible without some other force acting on it. Comets are in orbit just like everything else.

haha yeah, now that would be irrational from an aspect of physics.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 12:15:26 AM »

Here is a link to a 3D orbital diagram of 17/P Holmes you can play with:

« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:17:26 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007, 12:46:58 AM »

The comet is anti christ and we are all going to die

Calm down  mate beer
Just take it from fucking crazy he knows his shit, clearly!

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 01:20:36 AM »

I tried looking towards teh north east like it said but i didn't have any luck, i think its because theres a full moon where i am Undecided not sure though wish i could have seen it for myself.

It is easiest to spot in binocs first. Anyway, find the Moon, then hold your arm out extended and make a fist - there is a bright star a little over two fist widths to the left of the Moon. That is Capella, no go about two fist widths up ... viola! there you go.

The fist extended at arms length subtends about 10 degrees of the sky. Your finger at that length subtends about 2 degrees. The Moon is 0.5 degree, or about 1/4 the width of your finger. Good Luck.

that worked i think i saw it Cheesy

if its there tomorrow i'll have to try to find my telescope ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2007, 01:37:51 AM »

if its there tomorrow i'll have to try to find my telescope ok

It will be there for a while.

What kind of scope do you have? I have several everything from apos and achros to maks and newts

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2007, 01:48:29 AM »

its nothin special i got it a long time ago from when Marobrill offered its smokers points per pack they smoke so i got it from there i think its a buchnell Undecided something like that......

EDIT:
found it in my closet, its a Bushnell Deep space serise 420x if that means anything

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2007, 02:42:07 AM »

Two cores now, each one being as big as the original. And as bright.

I have seen reports of this, but I just spent about a half an hour observing it with an 80mm apo at 84x (F6.8 with a 13mm Nag.6 Barlowed) and I could only detect one nucleus. There was however, an extremely bright spot on the eastern side near the nucleus. I don't know if this was a background star shining through the coma, or if it was an intense area of outgassing. My big scope is at my observing site. I might drive down tomorrow.

rockNroses
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2007, 08:15:40 AM »

Calm down? mate beer

I never wrote what you quoted.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2007, 08:38:06 AM »

Calm down  mate beer

I never wrote what you quoted.
True enough, but that was inbetween the lines Smiley

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
rockNroses
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2007, 12:30:56 PM »

Only if you leave out the "anti" part.  Wink

If this is a sign as written in the prophecies I would not fear the comet but the people reaction to it. The destruction from the people could be worse than what any comet could do to this planet.

Coincidence with prophecy or not, the language is harder and sharper now in the politics. From "reminds me of Cuba Crisis" (Putin) to "World War 3" (Bush), the economic situation and all the insecureness from and in Europe to actual conflicts in the middle east. We have never been closer to fulfilling the end time prophecies than now. It's not only indicators or foreshadows, it's facts already for everyone to see.

Of course one should not read to much into things, but it is said that the sign will be for everyone to see. That is if you want to see. Comet or not, I think we are pretty fucked and heading towards a catastrophe.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2007, 12:47:43 PM »

Only if you leave out the "anti" part.  Wink

If this is a sign as written in the prophecies I would not fear the comet but the people reaction to it. The destruction from the people could be worse than what any comet could do to this planet.

Coincidence with prophecy or not, the language is harder and sharper now in the politics. From "reminds me of Cuba Crisis" (Putin) to "World War 3" (Bush), the economic situation and all the insecureness from and in Europe to actual conflicts in the middle east. We have never been closer to fulfilling the end time prophecies than now. It's not only indicators or foreshadows, it's facts already for everyone to see.

Of course one should not read to much into things, but it is said that the sign will be for everyone to see. That is if you want to see. Comet or not, I think we are pretty fucked and heading towards a catastrophe.

Mark of the beast?

May 2008

Oh it's coming baby.

Not sure if this comet got anything to do with it though...

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2007, 11:54:53 PM »

The "split" everyone is talking about turned out to  be the stars GSC0333400738 (magnitude 10.9) and GSC0333400788 (magnitude 8.7) shining through the coma.

rockNroses
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2007, 11:27:47 PM »

It has popped out of its orbit...

...rotating...

...and now coming our way, with the "gas cloud" actually being behind it.

In english: the cloud is the tail and that fucker is coming our direction!

Our little friend compared to the moon on Oct 28.

The cloud was four times the size of Jupiter on Oct. 29. It is still growing.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2007, 04:24:54 AM »

How do you know that it is not the Earth that has "popped" out of it's orbit?  nervous

Seriously, that comet will get nowhere near the Earth. While it has "grown" immensely, It is over 1.5 AU from Earth, and receding. Any force applied to the thing in an amount large enough to alter its orbit in any significant amount, would destroy the thing. Quit stressing over nothing.

I probably shouldn't even "clue" you in, but ... Nah, I better not.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 06:30:53 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2007, 09:26:35 PM »

It is developing an ion tail ... the blue area to the right.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: