Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:37:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  THE COMET
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE COMET  (Read 9070 times)
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2007, 09:52:03 PM »

^^^^Honestly thanks for all your good info.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2007, 09:58:46 PM »

C17/P Holmes is now the largest object in the Solar system:

GIANT COMET: "Formerly, the sun was the largest object in the Solar System," says University of Hawaii astronomer David Jewett. "Now, Comet 17P/Holmes holds that distinction." On Nov. 9th, a team of Hawaii astronomers led by Rachel Stevenson measured the diameter of the comet's expanding debris cloud: 1.4 million kilometers, slightly larger than the sun itself.

This composite image prepared by Jewett shows a Nov. 9th photo of the comet beside the sun and Saturn for scale. To photograph the comet, Stevenson et al used the 3.6 meter Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope atop Mauna Kea, "one of the few professional instruments still capable of capturing the whole comet in one image," notes Jewett.

From SpaceWeather.com

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2007, 12:11:26 AM »

C17/P Holmes is now the largest object in the Solar system:

GIANT COMET: "Formerly, the sun was the largest object in the Solar System," says University of Hawaii astronomer David Jewett. "Now, Comet 17P/Holmes holds that distinction." On Nov. 9th, a team of Hawaii astronomers led by Rachel Stevenson measured the diameter of the comet's expanding debris cloud: 1.4 million kilometers, slightly larger than the sun itself.

This composite image prepared by Jewett shows a Nov. 9th photo of the comet beside the sun and Saturn for scale. To photograph the comet, Stevenson et al used the 3.6 meter Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope atop Mauna Kea, "one of the few professional instruments still capable of capturing the whole comet in one image," notes Jewett.

From SpaceWeather.com

What are the chances of this thing either hitting us or causing any type of gravitational interferance with the orbit of the Earth??

-KK
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2007, 06:45:26 AM »

What are the chances of this thing either hitting us or causing any type of gravitational interferance with the orbit of the Earth??

None. It's size is large, but the density of it's coma is next to nothing. There is a link to a page with an applet on the other page that demonstrates the orbit of the comet. This thing orbits between Jupiter and Mars. So, there is no chance of it hitting the Earth.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: