Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 02:38:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR picture book (Reckless Road)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR picture book (Reckless Road)  (Read 157025 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #300 on: October 12, 2007, 08:45:13 AM »

Got it. Pretty amazing book, though for some reason I imagined it as a hard cover. Either way this is one of the nicest books I own. I will put it next to my J.R.R. Tolkien, Augusten Borroughs and Anne Rynd 1st editions.

rosemc
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #301 on: October 12, 2007, 10:03:27 AM »

here is some help for the online part of the book. go to enhancedbooks.com click on the log in on the top right hand part of the page,fill out the info and put in the code thats in your book. then after you submit it then log in again and this time stay on the right side of the page and just put in your ussername and password only and click login. Thats it then you can see the whole book. The site is still under construction so the extra photos are not up yet and only 1/3 of the pages have been enanced so far.

thanks a lot!

the videos and audio are to come though?

I hope so, because I've not been able to access any video, much less download any!
 Reckless " Does the above mean you have to go to certain pages online to access the vids & audio??"

...It's the simple joys, the simple pleasures;
The heart remembers, and dearly treasures..
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #302 on: October 12, 2007, 06:26:59 PM »

here is some help for the online part of the book. go to enhancedbooks.com click on the log in on the top right hand part of the page,fill out the info and put in the code thats in your book. then after you submit it then log in again and this time stay on the right side of the page and just put in your ussername and password only and click login. Thats it then you can see the whole book. The site is still under construction so the extra photos are not up yet and only 1/3 of the pages have been enanced so far.

thanks a lot!

the videos and audio are to come though?

I hope so, because I've not been able to access any video, much less download any!
 Reckless " Does the above mean you have to go to certain pages online to access the vids & audio??"
If you register your book on the www.enhancedbooks.com website, and view the book online.  MOST of the pages have audio and/or video samples on them.  Just move your cursor toward the upper left of the screen over the thing that looks like a microphone or the thing that looks like a video camera.  They're just samples, not full songs, but very cool nonetheless.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #303 on: October 12, 2007, 06:36:03 PM »

The history of this time period is written in more detail then I've ever read in the past.  With that said I've only read magazines and websites and no other books before.  However, since Marc Canter is one of Slash's best friends and he was around the whole time, we get great insight.  Plus, Slash, Duff and Steven all comment throughout in addition to many former bandmates and employees.  My only complain is the editing and there are far too many typos and I'm only up to page 52.  I'm going to check out the online stuff now.  Definitely going booze it up and crank GN'R on this fine Friday night!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #304 on: October 12, 2007, 06:57:57 PM »

I'm either really dumb or the enhancedbooks registration isn't working right now.  Anyone else have problems registering?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #305 on: October 12, 2007, 07:45:13 PM »

I'm either really dumb or the enhancedbooks registration isn't working right now.? Anyone else have problems registering?

Make sure you don't mistake a zero for the letter "O" or vice versa.
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #306 on: October 12, 2007, 08:19:52 PM »

I just got my copy in the mail a few hours ago, im so glad its finally here! def worth the wait.
cattye
Headliner

queen of tumbledown

« Reply #307 on: October 12, 2007, 08:26:31 PM »

I got my book on Thursday.  (Couldn't have come at a better time for me pesonally).
I've looked thru it at all the pictures (I'm gonna go back thru and read stuff then sign onto enhancedbooks site.

It's GREAT

(I got standard shipping and I'm in Baltimore, MD, USA)

Forgive them that tear down my soul
Bless them that they might grow old
And free them so that they may know
That it's never too late
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #308 on: October 12, 2007, 08:46:34 PM »

I'm either really dumb or the enhancedbooks registration isn't working right now.? Anyone else have problems registering?

Make sure you don't mistake a zero for the letter "O" or vice versa.

I don't know what was going on but I'm all good now.

Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #309 on: October 12, 2007, 08:53:53 PM »

How is the commentary in the book?  Anything we haven't heard before?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #310 on: October 12, 2007, 11:16:10 PM »

yes, tons of info, lots of stuff i've never heard before.. this is a great project, and i'm glad it was done!

How is the commentary in the book?  Anything we haven't heard before?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
recklessroad
Opening Act

recklessroad.com

« Reply #311 on: October 13, 2007, 03:03:51 AM »

The history of this time period is written in more detail then I've ever read in the past.? With that said I've only read magazines and websites and no other books before.? However, since Marc Canter is one of Slash's best friends and he was around the whole time, we get great insight.? Plus, Slash, Duff and Steven all comment throughout in addition to many former bandmates and employees.? My only complain is the editing and there are far too many typos and I'm only up to page 52.? I'm going to check out the online stuff now.? Definitely going booze it up and crank GN'R on this fine Friday night!

Yes, there are typos, the book went to the printer without going to a proofreader and without Marc Canter looking at it. Time ran out and the deadline came, so the first printing will be extra rare because of that.

recklessroad.com
djool
Opening Act

Live clean n' play dirty !

« Reply #312 on: October 13, 2007, 08:05:37 AM »

I still don't have it, probably fixed next week Grin
I've a question for you guys, does it have somme pictures taken during the recording of AFD in the Rumbo studio or is it just some lives pictures?
elmir
VIP

« Reply #313 on: October 13, 2007, 08:18:34 AM »

Finally managed to order mine.....eventually that website worked.....yay.... peace

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #314 on: October 13, 2007, 03:00:24 PM »

Got mine on Thursday.

The book is fuckin awesome!!!
mpkline
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #315 on: October 14, 2007, 10:49:55 PM »

I am making a new thread as I don't want this buried on page sixteen of the current thread. Everyone has to get this book. When you buy the book, you get access to all this cool shit online at enhanced books website. Some people on the board had problems, but I got to work just fine. I just heard Audio of the first time Welcome To The Jungle was played live In 198Fuckin5, unreal shit and stories in thise book and online, I need to figure out how to rip the audio so I can Make a cd. See Ya, Mike
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #316 on: October 15, 2007, 02:16:01 AM »

anyone from overseas already got them?

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
domi
Kashmir
Rocker

Vae Victis!

« Reply #317 on: October 15, 2007, 04:20:13 AM »

Yes, got them on friday.

Omne ius hominum causa constitutum.
(Hermogenian, D. 1,5,2)
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #318 on: October 15, 2007, 11:52:17 AM »

Yes, got them on friday.

WHERE Huh What country was this ?
domi
Kashmir
Rocker

Vae Victis!

« Reply #319 on: October 15, 2007, 01:23:25 PM »

Yes, got them on friday.

WHERE Huh What country was this ?

Austria and I didn't even pre-order it. A lot of german people got it as well last week.

Omne ius hominum causa constitutum.
(Hermogenian, D. 1,5,2)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: