Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 02:18:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR picture book (Reckless Road)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR picture book (Reckless Road)  (Read 157008 times)
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2007, 07:36:37 PM »

What kind of shipping did you guys use for those who recieved their books already? I cant wait for mine to arrive!
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2007, 07:37:52 PM »

Yeah I just got mine today too.? Haven't had a chance to delve into it yet.? But I'm sure I'll get around to it sometime this evening.

So has it been all the American cousins who have got the book ? I assume everyone who said they have got it was from the U.S ?
I'm still hopeful for tomorrow, as it doesn't take that long for stuff to get from America to Ireland from previous experience so hopefully.
rosemc
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #282 on: October 11, 2007, 07:42:05 PM »

Just got mine today!!! Great pix!
I also am trying to figure out how to use the
"audio/video" links! Undecided
Let ya' know if & when I do!!! peace
I used standard shipping!

...It's the simple joys, the simple pleasures;
The heart remembers, and dearly treasures..
Irish gunner II
Rocker

« Reply #283 on: October 11, 2007, 07:46:36 PM »

I use the only shipping option that it allowed me to use without the "that shipping is not available in your area" message coming up. I think this is a warm up for how the board will react to CD being released.
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #284 on: October 11, 2007, 07:50:26 PM »

awesome, i guess i can be expecting it as soon as possible then!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #285 on: October 11, 2007, 07:53:49 PM »

Yeah I just got mine today too.? Haven't had a chance to delve into it yet.? But I'm sure I'll get around to it sometime this evening.

So has it been all the American cousins who have got the book ? I assume everyone who said they have got it was from the U.S ?
I'm still hopeful for tomorrow, as it doesn't take that long for stuff to get from America to Ireland from previous experience so hopefully.
Yeah, I'm in the US.  On the eastern seaboard.  I believe it was shipped out of Texas on Oct. 8th, so it took 3 days to get here standard mail.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Irish gunner II
Rocker

« Reply #286 on: October 11, 2007, 08:02:06 PM »

Yeah, I'm in the US.? On the eastern seaboard.? I believe it was shipped out of Texas on Oct. 8th, so it took 3 days to get here standard mail.

Hmmm, right so three days standard mail plus shipping to Europe means I shouldn't expect it friday if I'm honest but atleast I know it's on its way. But Ireland is the first stop in Europe from the east coast of America so maybe...just maybe.
recklessroad
Opening Act

recklessroad.com

« Reply #287 on: October 11, 2007, 08:13:45 PM »

here is some help for the online part of the book. go to enhancedbooks.com click on the log in on the top right hand part of the page,fill out the info and put in the code thats in your book. then after you submit it then log in again and this time stay on the right side of the page and just put in your ussername and password only and click login. Thats it then you can see the whole book. The site is still under construction so the extra photos are not up yet and only 1/3 of the pages have been enanced so far.

recklessroad.com
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #288 on: October 11, 2007, 08:19:34 PM »

I heard Slash's endorsement of the book from the website.  Good stuff.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #289 on: October 11, 2007, 08:35:28 PM »

here is some help for the online part of the book. go to enhancedbooks.com click on the log in on the top right hand part of the page,fill out the info and put in the code thats in your book. then after you submit it then log in again and this time stay on the right side of the page and just put in your ussername and password only and click login. Thats it then you can see the whole book. The site is still under construction so the extra photos are not up yet and only 1/3 of the pages have been enanced so far.

thanks a lot!

the videos and audio are to come though?
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #290 on: October 11, 2007, 08:57:33 PM »

Just got mine and its a great day!  Thanks Marc, you've captured lightning in a bottle!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Irish gunner II
Rocker

« Reply #291 on: October 11, 2007, 09:13:23 PM »

I think I'll log off as this isin't making the excitement any better when I know people are already reading the book.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #292 on: October 11, 2007, 10:33:16 PM »

thanks a lot!

Okay, I've been reading the book from my bed for an hour or so.  Good stuff.  But I just checked out one page online and an audio snippet played (Tidas Sloan rehearsing).  So I guess the moral of this story is to read the book from the comforts of your computer chair if you can.

Chief
Legend

« Reply #293 on: October 11, 2007, 10:47:24 PM »

I just got it in today.. its pretty damn cool so far. one of the best GNR books ever! 

lots of old photos, going back to 1983 and even earlier and lots of quotes/stories.

Cheers to Marc, this was a great project and totally worth it!

I can't wait to look through the whole thing!!!

mmmm 350 pages of GNR goodness!!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 10:49:56 PM by Chief » Logged

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Irish gunner II
Rocker

« Reply #294 on: October 11, 2007, 10:51:31 PM »

thanks a lot!

Okay, I've been reading the book from my bed for an hour or so.? Good stuff.? But I just checked out one page online and an audio snippet played (Tidas Sloan rehearsing).? So I guess the moral of this story is to read the book from the comforts of your computer chair if you can.

Is there stuff that not many fans would know ? I know this is a book about pictures of the band in the day but does the written part complement the photos ?
Just curious to know how good this book is.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #295 on: October 11, 2007, 10:54:23 PM »

I just got it in today.. its pretty damn cool so far. one of the best GNR books ever!?

lots of old photos, going back to 1983 and even earlier and lots of quotes/stories.

Cheers to Marc, this was a great project and totally worth it!

I can't wait to look through the whole thing!!!

mmmm 350 pages of GNR goodness!!
Definitely money well spent. ?The extras online are a great bonus. ?It was worth the wait, for sure. ?The only problem, I'm gonna be boarded up in my room, shutoff from society until I finish it now. ?And that could take some time.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #296 on: October 11, 2007, 10:56:40 PM »

thanks a lot!

Okay, I've been reading the book from my bed for an hour or so.? Good stuff.? But I just checked out one page online and an audio snippet played (Tidas Sloan rehearsing).? So I guess the moral of this story is to read the book from the comforts of your computer chair if you can.

Is there stuff that not many fans would know ? I know this is a book about pictures of the band in the day but does the written part complement the photos ?
Yeah, I'm only on page 30 and I've already read some stuff I never knew before.  Very cool stuff.  Marc Canter was a childhood friend of Slash, and still is to this day, so he's got some great insight.

Irish gunner II
Rocker

« Reply #297 on: October 11, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »

thanks a lot!

Yeah, I'm only on page 30 and I've already read some stuff I never knew before.   Very cool stuff.? Marc Canter was a childhood friend of Slash, and still is to this day, so he's got some great insight.

Ah good stuff. I think what makes me excited about this book more than anything is that Axl is onboard with it bar those two pictures, which means it's not censored as much so I will/you have already got a sense of who the band was at the time. Please god let this come tomorrow.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #298 on: October 11, 2007, 11:20:30 PM »

i ordered all books with 2nd day shipping and i still havent got them. not even an email saying my books have been shipped  Angry ill just go with regular shipping next time
ForeverGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #299 on: October 12, 2007, 06:01:27 AM »

The book was shipped last monday. The people in the US should be getting them now.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: