Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 03:22:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR picture book (Reckless Road)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR picture book (Reckless Road)  (Read 157366 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #240 on: October 07, 2007, 06:13:37 AM »

I'm not gonna tell anyone to buy the book if they don't feel sure about it...

But after a large order I made, the publisher keeps emailing me about the process.

And I'm not talking about emails that get sent to everyone. Personal emails which update me on the situation without me asking for updates.

If it was a scam I believe he would have disappeared from the face of the earth with all the money they got from the pre-orders...

AGAIN, I'm not telling anyone "TRUST THEM", but from my personal experience so far, it seems that shit happened on the way, but we'll get our books soon.

Just give them a little time... Probably a few days...

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #241 on: October 07, 2007, 07:12:03 AM »

What's wrong with this picture?  Roll Eyes

I just got word that the rest of the books shipped out today.

I just found out the books got to the shipping center from the printer on Friday afternoon. They started packing them and they will  ship out to you guys on Monday

I don't see anything wrong. Sometimes people try to do stuff but things get in the way and we can't always do what we want (like GN'R when it comes to releasing Chinese Democracy). The publisher even admitted they were not organized enough for such a big release and were overwhelmed. They need time, but I'm confident everything will be cleared by Nov. 1.

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #242 on: October 07, 2007, 08:30:41 AM »

People!! Calm down! I'm waiting on a copy too. I also am waiting on another book Same deal. When you pre order a book like this. it can happen. There are always delays!!! He's going too get you your books! He has been very up front with the whole deal. Chill and wait!! Hell your gnr fans don't you know by now?? What can go wrong, will go wrong!! lol
amy

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #243 on: October 07, 2007, 05:16:01 PM »

It really sucks that only a hand full of peoples are getting updates from the publisher while the rest of us have to wait for them to post our updates here and those posted updates said our orders have been shipped already only to have subsequent posts say they have NOT been shipped.

(and if youze notice, those updates that are posted come ONLY AFTER someone posts wondering about the legitimacy of this)

And for those of youze who are comparing this to CD...
Axl hasn't asked for or taken one red cent from any of us for it because it's NOT available yet!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #244 on: October 07, 2007, 06:59:01 PM »

This thing is legit, I wouldn't worry too much.

No, I haven't ordered the book, but I trust Canter.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #245 on: October 07, 2007, 07:17:43 PM »

It really sucks that only a hand full of peoples are getting updates from the publisher while the rest of us have to wait for them to post our updates here and those posted updates said our orders have been shipped already only to have subsequent posts say they have NOT been shipped.

(and if youze notice, those updates that are posted come ONLY AFTER someone posts wondering about the legitimacy of this)

I don't know if it sucks or not.

All I know is that I'm getting updates without asking for any or complaining about it.

That tells me that the publisher is legit.

Ofcourse that's my personal opinion... I hope it becomes everyone's opinion shortly though...

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #246 on: October 07, 2007, 08:23:31 PM »

And for those of youze who are comparing this to CD...
Axl hasn't asked for or taken one red cent from any of us for it because it's NOT available yet!!!
I jokingly compared it to CD.? I trust the book will reach us within time.? A few hurdles to clear, but nonetheless.? We have been informed, so I don't see any shady operations going on.? Sit tight!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 09:27:40 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #247 on: October 09, 2007, 07:26:19 AM »

There is something 'strange'  going on. 

The production leadtime to produce for example: 30,000 copies of the book from complete PDF artwork would take no more than 10 working days to complete.

I suspect that the delay is a finance issue whereby the printers would want money 'up front' to print. The publisher is now chasing enough orders to fulfil the order.

Just speculation, but that's how it works. I see problems like this every day of the week. 

Keep em under your wheels.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #248 on: October 09, 2007, 12:21:08 PM »

I got an e-mail today saying my book had been shipped.  So that's a good sign.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #249 on: October 09, 2007, 12:24:15 PM »

Yeah, me too.
I've just received an e-mail saying they shipped my copy.

And I'm from Brazil, so there's hope for all the buyers overseas.

: : Vicente : :

"all that anger, all that anger"
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #250 on: October 09, 2007, 12:29:31 PM »

Yeah me too, was from "enhancedbooks.com"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #251 on: October 09, 2007, 12:36:42 PM »

Yeah, the e-mail went straight to my spam folder, luckily I checked it out instead of erasing it.

don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #252 on: October 09, 2007, 01:44:53 PM »

UK person here, just got an email.  Shame theres a fucking postal strike at the moment, I hope this gets through quickly.  I've been wanting to read this for a while now. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #253 on: October 09, 2007, 01:55:20 PM »

Yeah, the e-mail went straight to my spam folder, luckily I checked it out instead of erasing it.
Mine was in my spam folder too.

According to the tracking info, it should arrive tomorrow.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #254 on: October 09, 2007, 02:55:43 PM »

yay i got my shipping link, the bad news: i moved to a new house lol . the mail should send it to my new house hopefully
Csavoie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #255 on: October 09, 2007, 03:07:48 PM »

Sounds cool.? Sorry if this has already been posted.? (ps.? great matzoh ball soup at Canter's deli!)

GUNS N' ROSES: New Photo Book Coming Soon

According to a posting on former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler's official fan site, a new GUNS N' ROSES picture book will be published soon featuring photography by one of the band's closest friends from the early days, Mark Canter. "Back in the day, Mark's dad owned Canter's Deli, where GN'R would hang out and could always find a meal with whatever change they had in their pockets," the posting reads. "Mark took countless pictures of the band which, until now, have been unpublished. Steven said it was so great hanging with Mark again, who not only brought dozens of old photos of the band, but a famous Canter's pastrami sandwich as well!"
Thanks more pictures, I can't wait to see them. I like seeing there old photos.
AnaRose
Opening Act

Life sucks, but in a beautiful kind of way

« Reply #256 on: October 09, 2007, 05:34:59 PM »

I just got an e-mail today too! Finally. Can't wait  Smiley

If you think you're a bigger asshole than me, you got something to learn
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #257 on: October 09, 2007, 06:55:46 PM »

Having just seen that a few of ye had got emails I checked mine and IT WAS THERE.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin hihi

I never doubted it for a minute.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #258 on: October 09, 2007, 09:32:49 PM »

I got an email today too, mine is on the way.. finally! 
i feel better now, can't wait to see this thing!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #259 on: October 10, 2007, 04:35:04 AM »

I never doubted it for a minute.

Neither did I. We just have to be patient. We've been waiting years (decades? Grin) for Chinese Democracy, so a few weeks/ months isn't that bad after all. Wink

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: