Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:32:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Next Guns n' Roses video would you rather have
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Next Guns n' Roses video would you rather have  (Read 9521 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 03:44:41 PM »

I would love to see stuff from the studio and mixing shit blended with live footage maybe, a video like dead horse would own, and a video with some story could be cool to..
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 03:48:06 PM »

I would love to see stuff from the studio and mixing shit blended with live footage maybe, a video like dead horse would own, and a video with some story could be cool to..

That's more suited for a dvd release of some sort I figure.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 03:50:22 PM »

I wonder how they are going to handle Buckets parts in the videos?

Uhm, Bumblefoot?

Yeah, you see Bumble playing but you hear Bucket playing, doesn't feel quite right

Like Gilby in the UYI videos?

/jarmo

Yep, and even more because of the solos

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 10:55:21 PM »

I always thought a simplistic video like this one would be interesting for Gn'R:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oI3LjzRmbHg

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
thegame2000
Headliner

Charlie Brown is excited about GNR too.

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 11:11:58 PM »

Live footage would "introduce" the band to all the people who haven't seen them perform before, and would also demonstrate that Axl still has his live energy.  I don't like performance videos, but I think that would be the way to go for this band.

Plus, epic videos with storylines are a relic of a different time (so are music videos, in general, for that matter).  Something like that would just remind a lot of people of the overblown early-90s rock that many people were happy to get rid of when Nirvana, et al came along.  You know, "Same pompous Axl Rose, different decade."  Not a good start.

You've got to remember that if this album ever comes out, the band is going to have to win over all the people who *don't* visit HTGTH every day.  And that won't be easy.

Why do I have suddenly have the urge to read 1984?
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 10:50:03 AM »

I?d like to see some story related to the song of the video and mixed with some live footage Smiley

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 11:32:14 AM »

A video that starts with a train going up some railroad tracks and enters the ears of Axl Roses' fucking head, then while the song is playing we get a glimpse of what is going on inside " his world "
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2007, 11:40:09 AM »

i'm not arsed about music videos.   They were cool in 1992, but nowadays MTV doesn't even play music videos.    I just want some kickass music.  beer
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 11:41:20 AM »

I wonder how they are going to handle Buckets parts in the videos?

Uhm, Bumblefoot?

Yeah, you see Bumble playing but you hear Bucket playing, doesn't feel quite right

we don't know what Ron may or may not have re-recorded.     its all speculation.    by the time it actually comes out Buckethead may not be on it at all.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 02:10:20 PM »

At this point it doesn't matter that much to me either way as long as they do a video!

but i think something more creative than a live video would be cooler, for me anyway.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
izzbo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2007, 12:52:38 PM »

I would put my money on an animated type video w/no footage of the band. They were going to go that route w/Oh My God, and it is easier and cheaper. I definitely don't see any Estranged type videos, although it would be sweet if they decided to spend 2 mill. on a video.? beer I centainly wouldn't argue.

-= iZzBo =-
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 03:21:35 PM »

Speaking of "Oh My God" is there any word of that being re-mixed or tuned up to make it sound more 2007 instead of 1999? I love the version from The End of Days i can't stop listening to it. The industrialness and heaviness is a perfect mix.

as for a fututr video, i think that a video like November rain would be very apropriate.

btw i thought that there were strong talks of a Madagascar video being made in Madagascar. and that that was going to be the video given to MTV or VH1 or what ever. as for a rocker song like CHINESE DEMOCRACY (the song) or Ryiahd and the bedouins, i think that video from a concert would be best mixed with some footage of a war or rebellion type thing going on or something like that

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
CSS
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2007, 04:04:58 PM »

Speaking of "Oh My God" is there any word of that being re-mixed or tuned up to make it sound more 2007 instead of 1999?

Someone here met with Dizzy before the show(s) in Norway last year, and according to that person, Dizzy said that they recorded another/different version of the song.
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 01:34:34 PM »

At this point in time, i think any video from Chinese Democracy will be good. Still, i prefer epic video's like Estranged, if i want to see a live performance, i'll go on youtube

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2007, 08:05:14 AM »

Of course their will be a music video,
anyone who thinks their isnt is blind,

1. Axl has to do one,
to "introduce" the current lineup to the public, and get the public familiarised with the band members,
So they can put a face to the music of the gutiar solo/drumming/keyboard/bass etc...

2. Videos are now as popular as before, if not more so,
Ipod videos, home theartre, windows vista and Youtube are all exercising the technology of videos
in different format/medias...

So , If gnr werent to release a music video, regardless if its just live/ theatrical calliber,
then its probably the stupidest decision they could make...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2007, 03:07:15 PM »

quite right

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 03:40:43 PM »

I'm hoping for one of live footage personally (maybe from the 2006/7 tour).

Nothing 'bloated' please.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
isa
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2007, 08:35:02 PM »

I don't see any of them acting, just Axl of course, a live footage just to see how the new members are with the public, maybe for the first one
deep pocketz
Headliner

Lagada

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2007, 09:39:52 PM »

Sorry having trouble with my keyboard.? rant Anyway, what is the point of a video when no one really plays videos anymore? I wouldn't even bother unless of course Axl has a really cool idea for one of the songs and wants to produce a video as part of the promotion.

It's weird how video was going to kill the radio star and now I guess the internet has killed the video star.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2007, 09:42:09 PM »

Sorry having trouble with my keyboard.? rant Anyway, what is the point of a video when no one really plays videos anymore? I wouldn't even bother unless of course Axl has a really cool idea for one of the songs and wants to produce a video as part of the promotion.

It's weird how video was going to kill the radio star and now I guess the internet has killed the video star.

internet only killed record sales.. what killed the video star is ironically MTV and VH1 Undecided
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: