Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:46:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hear GN'R anywhere random?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hear GN'R anywhere random?  (Read 16066 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2007, 02:12:52 AM »

Jungle gets played every time my high school football teams takes the field which is was awesome and gets the  crowd pumped up
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2007, 05:30:08 AM »

Who cares  Roll Eyes hihi

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
GNR down under
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2007, 07:12:15 AM »

our sports news show "sports tonight" played a bit of Locomotive goin to a commercial a couple weeks back......
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2007, 09:21:57 AM »

There is rarely a sporting event in the U.S. (professional games anyways) where a GNR song isn't played.  This doesn't mean shit about CD coming out.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2007, 02:45:19 PM »

I was looking for a new printer some time ago and some kid was playing Guitar Hero at the store..... Trying to play along to SCOM.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2007, 03:06:52 PM »

Last night, was watching CSI Manhattan and the episode opened with SCOM, that was kewl !
Pete Townsend has a contract with CBS and the creators of the CSI'S Teenage Waste Land is the theme for CSI NYC.? They usually have opening songs when the storyline starts though.? It must have been an episode from last year.? Although I heard a reference to GnR on a Comedy recently regarding the delays of Chinese Democracy, also there was another reference that Axl should beat up another clothing designer for being a dick on a sports show.? I don't know who they were referring to.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2007, 03:28:39 PM »

Yesterday I was in class and suddenly Paradise City starts playing. Someone had it as a ringtone.  Grin It was really cool cos now I know somebody in my class who likes Gn?R too! ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
AXL_GUNS
Headliner

Fell to fast your wings wont hold...

« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2007, 03:53:52 PM »

At my school a bunch of ppl come with guns n' roses shirts, their popular here thats for sure. But havent heard any gunners in a long time on the radio.

The fire is burning and its out of control
Its not a problem
U can stop its
ROCK N' ROLL
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2007, 11:00:21 AM »

It's been kind of slow news-wise, but thought I would mentioned You're Crazy is played in Gone Baby Gone-not just a small snippet, either-thought it was kind of neat-anyone else catch it?

libertad
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2007, 03:52:49 PM »

What version of it?

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2007, 09:16:54 PM »

I saw the great new movie Gone, Baby, Gone, which is co-written and directed by Ben Affleck and stars his younger brother, Casey.  In it, there is a bar scene where Casey Affleck and his business partner/girlfriend are talking to a bartender and in the background you hear the asskicking Lies version of "You're Crazy".  I thought that was pretty cool.

Incidentally, there was another Axl/GN'R reference in another recent major motion picture release, The Kingdom.  In that movie, the FBI team that heads to Saudi Arabia to investigate a bombing of a compound housing US citizens is housed in a gymnasium and locked in from the outside to ensure their safety from anti-US terrorists.  One of the characters, played by Chris Cooper says, "They can't do that (lock them in the gym from the outside).  That's against fire code."  Jennifer Garner's character says "Fire code?  There's no fire code here.  You're in the jungle now, baby."  Jason Bateman's character says "Alright Axl...".

Ali
Frequent Flyer
Headliner

« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2007, 08:46:46 PM »

I was at an A's Baseball game recently and at one point they played the beginning of Sweet Child over the loudspeakers.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2007, 10:13:07 AM »

They made another Chinese Democracy reference in the new episode of the show Californication.

I know Tommy does the soundtrack for that show so I'm guessing that he and/or the band is okay with these joke references to CD but I myself find them insulting because it seems to be a "running joke" on that show. ? Undecided

But it's still cool that Tommy does the soundtrack.?headbanger
HTGTH News link to the "Tommy does soundtrack" info:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1833

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2007, 06:23:31 PM »

So I'm almost to work and I decide to turn on 94.1 WYSP to hear what Opie and Anthony are up to.  I'm surprised to hear the intro to Paradise City...and it's a live performance of PC!  Not Greatest Hits!  I'm pumped and wait in the parking lot blasting the stereo for an extra couple minutes!  PC finishes and it's a commercial for the radio station's newer format of all live music in the morning...next song?  SCOM!  Needless to say, work started a little bit late!!!!   beer

btw, I couldn't figure out what live performance it was...although I do know it was old band stuff.  I can't wait till the new stuff hits!!!!!!!!!!!! peace 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2007, 07:30:05 PM »

No but there's a show on Playboy TV called "Guns and Poses".
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2007, 07:46:54 PM »

They made another Chinese Democracy reference in the new episode of the show Californication.

I know Tommy does the soundtrack for that show so I'm guessing that he and/or the band is okay with these joke references to CD but I myself find them insulting because it seems to be a "running joke" on that show. ? Undecided

But it's still cool that Tommy does the soundtrack.?headbanger
HTGTH News link to the "Tommy does soundtrack" info:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1833

Do you remember what the reference was exactly?

Ali
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2007, 09:42:08 AM »

Do you remember what the reference was exactly?

Ali
David Duchovny's character 'Hank' is a book writer.? He crashes a meeting at his agent's office.? Attending the meeting was a Publisher from NY.? The NY Publisher, in an annoyed tone, sayes something to the effect that they've been waiting 7 years for Hank's next book.? Then sarcastically invites Hank to join the meeting by saying "Sit down.? We'll talk about Chinese Democracy."

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2007, 02:28:43 PM »

Incidentally, there was another Axl/GN'R reference in another recent major motion picture release, The Kingdom.? In that movie, the FBI team that heads to Saudi Arabia to investigate a bombing of a compound housing US citizens is housed in a gymnasium and locked in from the outside to ensure their safety from anti-US terrorists.? One of the characters, played by Chris Cooper says, "They can't do that (lock them in the gym from the outside).? That's against fire code."? Jennifer Garner's character says "Fire code?? There's no fire code here.? You're in the jungle now, baby."? Jason Bateman's character says "Alright Axl...".

Ali

That's pretty cool

I saw Grosse Point Blank for the first time recently, and when Cusak goes back to his high school they play Live and Let Die .....never heard that in a movie before
GNRFan333
Opening Act

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2007, 05:32:25 PM »

it wasnt hearing the music that was random for me...just the people listening to it. We were outside at lunch, and a student, trying to look cool, drove by really quickly and blew through a stop sign, the whole while blasting "Its so easy" on his car speakers. doesnt stop at a stop sign, somebody else had the same idea of not stopping...and this guy got wasted. the guy that hit him gets out of his car to try and talk to the guy and probably flip out on him, but this kid was still sittin in his car headbangin listenin to GNR.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2007, 09:19:35 AM »

According to the BBC's website, one couple on this Saturday's 'Strictly Come Dancing' will be dancing the Paso Doble to 'Live And Let Die'.? It's billed as the GNR version but as the programme uses a house band to cover the songs, it could be kinda interesting to hear what they make of it.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: