Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:24:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash-Aint life Grand
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash-Aint life Grand  (Read 5688 times)
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« on: October 15, 2007, 05:58:08 PM »

I guess with the anticipation of Slash's new book, I decided to put on Aint life Grand, just for the hell of it. I'v always considered it a pretty shitty album with the exception of two songs...Serial Killer and Aint life Grand, but this past wk I'v been listening to it alot and getting into more than I ever did.  Give it another try if you havn't listened to it in a long time, it might have grown on you, like it did me......its been years since i last listened to it....i'm hoping maybe one day when i put Libertad back on that it may have the same effect.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 08:26:35 PM »

I still dont have that album  Sad

Been listening to Duff's beautiful disease over the last week after downloading, that album is amazing. A lot of great songs on there. Should it ever be officially released I'd definately pick up a copy.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 09:24:48 PM »

Ain't Life Grand has Slash's biggest, brownest, dirtiest tone ever.  It was great.  Some great playing on that album.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 10:04:41 PM »

I still dont have that album? Sad

Been listening to Duff's beautiful disease over the last week after downloading, that album is amazing. A lot of great songs on there. Should it ever be officially released I'd definately pick up a copy.

Duffs Believe in Me album is great!!.......download or buy that one if you allready havn't...... Beautiful Disease, besides the song Rain and a few others, never did much for me, same with Dark Days unfortunately.  I should give them another try though, maybe the've grown on me like ALG did. 

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 10:08:02 PM »

I still dont have that album  Sad

Duffs Believe in Me album is great!!.......download or buy that one if you allready havn't...... Beautiful Disease, besides the song Rain and a few others, never did much for me, same with Dark Days unfortunately.  I should give them another try though, maybe the've grown on me like ALG did. 

"Who's to blame" and  "put you back" are great songs. I'll definitely have to pick up Believe in me soon, it'll be easier to rack down a copy of that. I think I saw it for 4 bucks on amazon.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 10:26:29 PM »

Theres one other song i love of beautiful disease, its also on dark days awell, its a great hard rocking song with lots of energy!..... can't remember the name of it, but deffinetly get believe in me from amazon, what a deal! you'l probably spend more on your lunch tomorrow!  hihi
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 03:10:40 PM »

aint life grand is the best slash has been involved with since GNR IMO
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 04:17:29 PM »

I really like this album...i remember i was pretty much blown away the first time i heard it..serial killer is in my top 5 slash solos ever i think and back to the moment has some really nice guitar work

As for Beautiful Disease, thats great also!! That violin solo in song for beverly is one of my favourite pieces of music ever even though the lyrics are fairly cliche!!

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 06:56:45 PM »

Ain't Life Grand has Slash's biggest, brownest, dirtiest tone ever.  It was great.  Some great playing on that album.

Agreed!  Some SLICK production ... but not too slick ... still rawks !  I LOVE the Snakepit albums.  Both of em.  I HATE it when people slag them off because they really are just what they say on the tin rock albums.... hard rock at it's finest Smiley

Awesome shit.  I listen to both albums on a very very regular basis.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 06:34:34 PM »

Oh I always loved the music on this album, some of Slash's best work.

Serial Killer and Ain't Life Grand are two of the best musical tracks Slash has ever laid down, Gn'R and VR included.  That solo on Serial Killer is EPIC.  One of his finest works.

There are some great riffs and solos on that album.  It would have had real potential if Rod Jackson wasn't such a bad vocalist.  Still, he was a ton better than Eric Dover.  That guy was shit.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 06:41:41 PM »

Serial Killer and Ain't Life Grand are two of the best musical tracks Slash has ever laid down, Gn'R and VR included.? That solo on Serial Killer is EPIC.? One of his finest works.

There are some great riffs and solos on that album.? It would have had real potential if Rod Jackson wasn't such a bad vocalist.? Still, he was a ton better than Eric Dover.? That guy was shit.

I agree......the music on both Snakepit albums, truly kicks ass......but I can't stand neither vocalist.  Rod Jackson and Eric Dover were both the worst possible choices.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 06:43:58 PM »

Hell yeah !!! Musically I think it should be good . Lyrically well that might be another story.

Just hope we don't see that dude from American Idol on this.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 06:46:11 PM »

Serial Killer and Ain't Life Grand are two of the best musical tracks Slash has ever laid down, Gn'R and VR included.  That solo on Serial Killer is EPIC.  One of his finest works.

There are some great riffs and solos on that album.  It would have had real potential if Rod Jackson wasn't such a bad vocalist.  Still, he was a ton better than Eric Dover.  That guy was shit.

I agree......the music on both Snakepit albums, truly kicks ass......but I can't stand neither vocalist.  Rod Jackson and Eric Dover were both the worst possible choices.

I know.  It's amazing that Slash couldn't find a better singer out there.  Didn't he hold auditions?  I'd find it hard to believe that Jackson or Dover could pass any audition. Roll Eyes

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 11:36:42 AM »

I love rod jacksons voice ok
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 11:47:52 AM »

Cheap Jon, I agree, I don't see what is so terrible about either.  Rod can sing.. I like his voice on the song Ain't life Grand.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 11:52:21 AM »

dovers voice however is really boring IMO, wich to me ruins it's five o'clock somewhere Undecided
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 11:59:09 AM »

dovers voice however is really boring IMO, wich to me ruins it's five o'clock somewhere Undecided

He has his moments.  I know Axl wanted to move a different direction, but some of that music would have been killer with Axl on it.  Period.  The music rocks.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 01:29:35 AM »

I love Ain't Life Grand.  Personally, I think it's awesome.  I like Rod Jackson's vocals...I think they fit and were the best choice at that time.  I don't like the first Snakepit album.  I didn't really think Eric Dover or the songs were all that. 
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 01:44:03 AM »

Both Snakepit albums are great, true rock n' roll  yes

If the world would end today... Wink
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2007, 09:10:32 AM »

I've always preferred Jackson over Dover and ALG over It's 5 o clock. Life's sweet drug, serial killer, been there lately, and landslide are all stand outs to me.
As for Duff, I always thought "Believe in Me" was good-not great. Beautiful Disease is the best thing anyone not named Izzy Stradlin has done since leaving GnR. I love every song on that album.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: