Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:24:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gn?R and Family
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gn?R and Family  (Read 9451 times)
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 01:27:34 PM »

When I was a teenager I used to blast Appetite and Lies from my bedroom whilst playing air guitar or singing into a hairbrush! My mother thought I was listening to devil music and thought I was on drugs!! But she liked Sweet Child O Mine. She didn't like the GNR T-Shirts I wore, actually it was mainly the one with the needles sticking out of a skull. She tore it off me one day, I went mental, as a fired up teenager would!! Almost 20 years later and I'm still a fan and my mother is more understanding about that type of music, she doesn't like all of it but she understands that its nothing to do with the devil!!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 01:29:28 PM by gcluskey » Logged

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 02:32:56 PM »

Devil? I really don?t get itlol.. I mean it?s not as if you were listening to Black Sabbath... rofl oh well, to each its cross.? ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2007, 05:17:29 PM »

My Dad - 60 at the time - flew to NYC last year to catch the 5/12 Hammerstein show with me.?

What did he think of that bloody outstanding gig? Grin

He wasn't all that impressed with Bullet for My Valentine, but he loved it when GnR hit the stage.? He'd forgotten to pick up ear plugs, so we're on the floor - right beside a fairly intense mosh pit - and I turn around to see that he stuffed pieces of napkins in his ears.? It was a blast walking back through Times Square after the show, although for as much fun as I made of him for the whole napkin-earplug bit, I couldn't hear a damn thing he was saying.? That show was definitely one of the cooler moments I've shared with my dad, you know?

I went with my Dad too Bazgnr Smiley

Truly a night neither of us will ever forget beer

Now that's an understatement....!!!   
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2007, 11:11:48 PM »

My sister actually liked GNR way before I did, back when Appetite came out.? And since I thought it was uncool to like what your older sister liked at that time, I resorted to hating GNR back then.? That didn't last long though.? Years later while at college she went to a hypnotist and he got her to do something crazy whenever "Welcome to the Jungle" played.? She's afraid to listen to that song till today because of that.

Huh?  Got hypnotized?  Please expand on this.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2007, 11:45:52 PM »

My sister actually liked GNR way before I did, back when Appetite came out.? And since I thought it was uncool to like what your older sister liked at that time, I resorted to hating GNR back then.? That didn't last long though.? Years later while at college she went to a hypnotist and he got her to do something crazy whenever "Welcome to the Jungle" played.? She's afraid to listen to that song till today because of that.

Huh?? Got hypnotized?? Please expand on this.
Yeah, she was hypnotized.  She offered to participate from the crowd and got put under and told her that whenever she heard "Welcome to the Jungle" to do something crazy.  I wanna say it had something to do with taking her clothes off, but this is my sister so I'd rather not think in those terms.  For that reason, we'll say he had her dance like a chicken.  She got freaked out one day I started playing her a copy of a concert I went to back in 2002.  She heard Jungle and told me to stop it, and told me the story.  I guess the hypnotist did a good job on her.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2007, 07:16:33 PM »

Huh?? Got hypnotized?? Please expand on this.
Yeah, she was hypnotized.? She offered to participate from the crowd and got put under and told her that whenever she heard "Welcome to the Jungle" to do something crazy.? I wanna say it had something to do with taking her clothes off, but this is my sister so I'd rather not think in those terms.? For that reason, we'll say he had her dance like a chicken.? She got freaked out one day I started playing her a copy of a concert I went to back in 2002.? She heard Jungle and told me to stop it, and told me the story.? I guess the hypnotist did a good job on her.

That's insane!!!!
Nadi
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2007, 02:38:41 AM »

-None of my real friends really like the band. They know I?m a fan.... but we don?t talk much about it lol. I tried to bring some friends to the RiR gig but none of them wanted to go cos most of them didn?t have a clue about the band or its music. They don?t like rock bands... they?re much more into reaggeaton or some shit like that... oh well, but that?s another story lol.

yeah he same here...none of my friends...actually none of ppl from my real life like the band... and they make fun of me that i life in past and so...Sad

so thats so nice, that i can b in contact w ppl who likes the band on net... Smiley

Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2007, 02:29:01 PM »

-None of my real friends really like the band. They know I?m a fan.... but we don?t talk much about it lol. I tried to bring some friends to the RiR gig but none of them wanted to go cos most of them didn?t have a clue about the band or its music. They don?t like rock bands... they?re much more into reaggeaton or some shit like that... oh well, but that?s another story lol.

yeah he same here...none of my friends...actually none of ppl from my real life like the band... and they make fun of me that i life in past and so...Sad

so thats so nice, that i can b in contact w ppl who likes the band on net... Smiley

Yeah that was my point with this thread. Knowing other?s stories so we don?t feel so "alone"  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2007, 09:52:08 PM »

you know when i wanna give up.i hear a car ride by blasting g n' r .so when that happens and i hear ''better '' blasting out car window's.i will really be happy !

the one an only horsey !
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2007, 09:36:18 PM »

My mother wouldnt be a fan of GNR really but even though I'm 22 she got me a GNR t-shirt two years ago for christmas which was really a suprise. She said " I know you like the band so I thought it would be a good christmas present"
My dad has never said either way that he dislikes or likes GNR, but I assume they arent his cup of tea.

My youngest brother(14) likes the band a bit but wouldnt be telling everybody about it, and he bought me a Zeppelin T-Shirt for my birthday last year which was cool, so there is hope for a passing of the torch Smiley
My other brother(18) can't stand any rock music and has told me to "turn off that shit" when listening to zeppelin.

My Family know I like GNR but don't really like or care one way or the other. Although I was telling one of my cousins about CD and we were talking about 80s bands so obviously I said GNR and apparently "they are overhyped and not that good" but sure thats life.

My friends, well one of my friends is the reason I love this band so much. I remember first few weeks of College and he brought his copy of Appetite in and told me to listen to it. My other college friends which are mostly girls like SCOM and one said WTTJ was a brilliant song.

BTW Ines great thread, as I got me thinking about how GNR has shaped parts of my life.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2007, 11:35:56 PM »

What a great thread, I loved reading all your stories.

My family has thought my love of GNR as being nuts for the past 20 years.  hihi

Some of my friends like them but none quite as much as me.  The rest of them just think I am crazy.

Even now when I play it my Mom will be like, "Isn't it time you get past them already?HuhHuh?"

Hell no, I say!!!!

My boyfriend loves to make fun of the fact that they can't seem to release an album.  I sense my love of GNR might outlast him, haha! Grin
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2007, 11:55:20 PM »

No one I know really gets my "obsession" with GN'R. ?I put that in quotes because thats what others would call it however I think that word is a little extreme and is more fitting for some of you nutjobs! ? hihi

In 1988 at age 11 I was first introduced to AFD after having been into WTTJ and SCOM. ?It blew me away and I convinced my mom to get me the tape immediately. ?While my family always thought I would grow out liking the type of music that GN'R made, I guess you could say they underestimated my loyalty and meaning that Guns had to me. ?I was basically a good kid, good grades, raised right and never got into too much trouble. ?I guess thats part of what was so appealing to me...the danger. ?Living out a sick fantasy of moral corruption. ?

Through the years my interest never really decreased despite lack of production. ?I guess thats part of whats made the classic lineup and that time so meaningful. ?Theres a mystique about them that very few bands could ever match. ?Since Axl's introduced the new band my interest has gone to another level in anticipation of CD.

So hear I am, 30, married with a child on the way. ?My wife, god bless her, puts up with me very well. ?She used to laugh everytime she saw me on this website, but now realizes its just apart of my daily routine. ?She was not into GN'R before she met me. ?However, she went to see them at Hammerstein with me and didn't even complain waiting until 11 for them to hit the stage (this includes listening to Bullet for my Valentine!). ?She's gotten used to listening to GN'R in the car on a regular basis and I've made enough of a fan out of her that she can sing along to Madagascar and TWAT ?Smiley

Most of my friends like GN'R and those that have heard some of the new material like it, but none are like me, checking this website daily in hopes that we get the announcement we've been waiting a long time for. ?One of my oldest buddies was right there with me during the early days, but today he thinks its all a big joke. ?He doesn't think CD will ever see the light of day and I can't wait til the day comes when he and all the other haters eat crow! ?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2007, 03:37:33 AM »

-None of my real friends really like the band. They know I?m a fan.... but we don?t talk much about it lol. I tried to bring some friends to the RiR gig but none of them wanted to go cos most of them didn?t have a clue about the band or its music. They don?t like rock bands... they?re much more into reaggeaton or some shit like that... oh well, but that?s another story lol
Sounds familiar? hihi My friends, that live in the same city, like some rap, rnb or something like that so I simply don't talk about GN'R that much to them? and when I do they are probably bit annoyed Tongue

Well my mom thinks Im a bit of dumb ass, or something rofl, with the tattoo and all the money Ive spent on all the GN'R stuff.

As for my dad he doesn't mind so much since he was a fan of a kind back in the day and from him I "inherited" (he is still alive? hihi ) Illusions. He also came to see GN'R last summer for the 2nd gig in Finland.

My brother probably hates them or something but then again he listens to shit music anyway..

But anyone who visits my room will probably get the idea:

ok

Thats pretty friggen awsome...  I'll give credit where it's due.

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2007, 10:05:59 AM »

BTW Ines great thread, as I got me thinking about how GNR has shaped parts of my life.

Np.  ok It?s always great hearing other?s stories isn?t it?  Wink

Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »

Its good to know that other GNR fans have to go through the same stuff with family and friends.
qcmyoungwill
Headliner

Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2007, 05:48:44 PM »

I'm 28 and have been listening to GNR since I was a youngin.? My mother took me to the record store in 1987 to buy Appetite.? My mother?? She likes country music and the Eagles.? I can't stand the fuckin Eagles.? My pops is a rock and roller.? Took me to my 1st concert (The Stones) and brought me up right listening to the classics (Stones, Zep, Sabbath).? He likes GNR but won't buy any of their albums.? He won't buy anything that came out after 1985.? He's just as crazy as I am about collecting records though.? He's got 3 copies of the Stones "Sticky Fingers" on vinyl for no particular reason.? Probably because he likes the zipper.? My bro's don't listen to GNR because they're stupid... although the way my bro Mick has been recently... he will soon.? My other bro Dennis is too young to understand what GNR meant to people my age.

My girlfriend thinks I'm insane... but she is going to let me name our 1st born son William Axl... as long as his hair is red.  Otherwise it will be William Roger.  Keep your fingers crossed.  lol
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 05:50:21 PM by qcmyoungwill » Logged
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2007, 10:56:31 PM »

my mom smokes alot of grass and don't lisen to music much.but she has herd everything down the road with g n' r and loves axl.in between them puff's i tell ma your lisening to axl and she says i know allreaDY LOL.my sister lisen's to hip hop but still loves axl cause of me.i was just remenisin right now how families find g n' r in our world ya know.hey how bout elvis is he alive in hawwii ?
yes i been messin with some grass tonight lol.kiddies'

the one an only horsey !
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2007, 09:05:12 PM »

Wish my mam smoked grass too...she only ever smoked a joint once out of curiosity that I rolled for her but she doesn't think its right Smiley

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2007, 05:26:35 PM »

I'm an older fan too so my parents never really even knew what GNR was. Don't laugh but they listened to polish music and country most of the time or old time crooners like Bobby Vinton or Dean Martin, Frank, etc. Whenever I would talk about going to a heavy metal show, they just said I was nuts and make sure nothing happens. But mostly when I would listen to it with them around, they said it was a bunch of noise that gave them a headache and that wasn't real singing. Shut that shit off was what I would hear.

My sister likes dance music mostly and rap. She doesn't know any metal bands.

Some friends like old GNR but make fun of me for still liking it and thinking another CD will be released. I always argue with one of my friends regarding Axl. And it always ends with us agreeing to disagree.

My hubby likes metal but GNR isn't his favorite, he loves Judas Priest and Metallica. He went to the last shows with me but won't go night after night. Lucky for him, they only came for one night.

I play GNR for my kids and they just look at me right now. I think they are still too young and both girls so they kind of like nice songs.

And I blog here from work because I would get a kick in the ass if I spent as much time as I do at home on this board.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2007, 05:56:11 PM »

My little sister comments on Axl's hotpants every time she sees UYI vids. And she keeps saying that if Hell exists, they play WTTJ there eternally. Cheesy
Dad doesn't really have an opinion, and mom once said Axl looks cute in SCOM video.? yes

I kinda try to hide my obsession from everyone else. I put the headphones on when I'm on the computer so my (soon to be ex) fiancee can't hear what I'm listening to. Roll Eyes I'm not embarrassed to be a fan, I just dont want to hear any stupid remarks about gnr from someone who doesn't appreciate them as much as I do.? smoking
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 06:02:33 PM by Jaci_Roxx » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: