Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:37:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Facebook
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 10550 times)
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 02:01:56 AM »

MySpace is a dive bar compared to Facebook.
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 04:56:10 AM »

Nah. But all my friends do. And I probably will eventually.

It's more of a uni thing, innit?

MySpace for kiddies... Facebook for 'students.'

? That's what I've always thought.

Ya, facebook started as a college only thing.  Like, you can look at ppl's profiles from your same college, but have to add a person as a friend from a different college to look at their page.  But it has since branched out and now high school kids can use it...although it's still mostly for college students.

It's 10x better than myspace too.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 05:48:37 AM »

Nah. But all my friends do. And I probably will eventually.

It's more of a uni thing, innit?

MySpace for kiddies... Facebook for 'students.'

? That's what I've always thought.

Ya, facebook started as a college only thing.  Like, you can look at ppl's profiles from your same college, but have to add a person as a friend from a different college to look at their page.  But it has since branched out and now high school kids can use it...although it's still mostly for college students.

It's 10x better than myspace too.

actually facebook is now open to every body. all over the world.
still, the community sites are a waste of time.
if you wanna call a girl you met at a party, use your phone
talk to your mate? use your phone

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 07:01:21 AM »

People used to talk like that about phones too.  Why call someone when you can go visit them?  It's a similar principle and there's nothing wrong with community sites.  Like MSN, facebook is just a bit of fun and a good way to stay in contact with people in other towns who you probably wouldn't bother calling.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 07:27:00 AM »

People used to talk like that about phones too.  Why call someone when you can go visit them?  It's a similar principle and there's nothing wrong with community sites.  Like MSN, facebook is just a bit of fun and a good way to stay in contact with people in other towns who you probably wouldn't bother calling.

i can see that, but voice is still better than typed words.
i have known people, when i was in the states on campus, who were chatting on aim/facebook when they actually live 3 doors down from eachother.

that's my point.

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 07:39:39 AM »

Those people need to leave their bedrooms. yes
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 09:39:44 AM »

People used to talk like that about phones too.? Why call someone when you can go visit them?? It's a similar principle and there's nothing wrong with community sites.? Like MSN, facebook is just a bit of fun and a good way to stay in contact with people in other towns who you probably wouldn't bother calling.

I agree, MSN,Facebook are all a great way to keep in touch and talk to several people at one time. But it can cause problems, it's easier to say somehting to someone when you cant see them or hear them and I know for me I used the phone half as much as I used to and I never have long conversations on the phone anymore...Now I make plans and everyhting over MSN,Facebook,etc...I still try to use the phone alot because I know it's important to keep up the ppl skills, My friends never use the phone though and always use MSN...It's a great thing but can also become a problem

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 10:08:50 AM »

I love how internet people always tell other internet people to get lives...

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 10:13:17 AM »

I love how internet people always tell other internet people to get lives...

get a life, dude.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 11:59:05 AM »

i can see that, but voice is still better than typed words.
i have known people, when i was in the states on campus, who were chatting on aim/facebook when they actually live 3 doors down from eachother.

that's my point.

Voice may be better than words... but I consider facebook another communication tool like e-mail, MSN or message boards.  There's people who abuse it, like writing messages to the person in the next room from you, posting 50 million albums of pictures, updating your "status" every 30 minutes.... but it's the same with MSN... and it's the same with phones (talking on your cell while driving, text messaging at work, etc.).

I give the internet credit for allowing me to stay in touch with a lot of people that I might not have since I moved.  Facebook is most useful for students because of the "communities", but of course there's a large percentage of dorks who take it to far.

MySpace is absolute trash!
MCT
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 10:22:01 PM »

But in any case, it's not like this is some stupid post by some random poster.? This is MCT, and he deserves a little more respect.? Of course most people (who pay attention, anyway) don't really want to take him on.? So just silently deleting a post is easier, then you don't have to defend yourself against someone who can verbally kill you and make you look like an idiot.? Of course, I'm not saying that is what happened.? But it sure is what it looks like.?

Sterling, please! You're embarrassing me in front of the administrator... Embarrassed

Oh, by the way...

...I love it when MCT goes after someone...

...I believe analyzing people is my speciality, and you who tried it earlier were way way off on MCT.? He's far too complicated to be summed up in a few silly sentences.? I'm thinking of writing a multiple page report on him.?

...MCT usually is funny, if you take the time to understand his sense of humor.

...its difficult to be funny or witty or whatever on a message board, much more difficult than in regular conversation.? To do it, you also have to be a good writer, which is where most of us fail.

I can't believe you are setting yourself up for MCT to come after you again.? This could be entertaining.

I have seen his ass, and he's not kidding.

Only MCT knows (what the dumpling is).? He might explain it to you, but who knows what he'd make you do for the information.? nervous

Dumplings was the only funny thing about this thread.

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time!

MCT is both clever and has a sense of humor.

Show me one 13 year old boy who can write like MCT, please.

...do you have a crush on me?

But you know, as for the issue at hand, I could easily take the stance of the countless idiots who prattle on about free speech and the injustice of perceived censorship. But sadly, I'm not an idiot.

The reality here is that I've always stood up for the administration. And all I'm saying is that a little transparency for the sake of accountability would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 10:23:56 PM by MCT » Logged
MCT
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 10:40:47 PM »

...do you have a crush on me?

Yes, actually I do.? I can pretty much pinpoint it back to the day I first saw your ass. You really do have a great ass!? Since then, I've devoted 100% of my time to MCT worship.? love

If you worship me you'll go straight to H e double hockey sticks. You don't want that, do you?

Don't get me wrong though, I'm flattered by the affection. It's just that I'm more used to being called an ass rather than being accused of having a nice one.

I don't know what else to say, you've caught me a little off guard here with the affection and my erection and all that stuff...
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 11:53:27 PM »

you two get a room, we're talking about facebook here.
MCT
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 03:48:44 PM »

you two get a room

Yeah, about that...ah, I want to ask you something. Do you get the impression that if I tried, well, that maybe she would get a room with me?
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 04:03:56 PM »

Jeez, get back on topic and keep your hormones in check, at least online Roll Eyes

buckethead stops now!

rofl
MCT
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 04:22:23 PM »

Jeez,

Louise!

get back on topic

No.

keep your hormones in check,

No.

at least online

No.

Roll Eyes

sleeping

Now shut up.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 04:34:26 PM »

ahaha MCT is in love  !!!

ahahahahah !!!!! MCT is in love !!!!

MCT
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »

ahaha MCT is in love? !!!

Geez (<-- I prefer that variation), get back on topic and keep your hormones in check, at least for now anyway. We just started pointing and laughing at the clown who goes like, "you fucking morons! You're not supposed to put colored marshmallows in hot chocolate! Jeezus fuckin' Louises! Thank God we have an amazing record waiting just around the corner. I mean, thank God I have an amazing record waiting for me. The rest of you fucking losers aren't appreciative enough to fucking appreciate the lack of fuckin' depreciation of the Guns N' Roses situation. Morons. Fuck, fuck, fuck, ARGH!!!" And you wouldn't want to fuck that up, would you?
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 04:56:53 PM »

I'm on both facebook and myspace.  I greatly prefer myspace.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 05:03:40 PM »

ahaha MCT is in love? !!!

Geez (<-- I prefer that variation), get back on topic and keep your hormones in check, at least for now anyway. We just started pointing and laughing at the clown who goes like, "you fucking morons! You're not supposed to put colored marshmallows in hot chocolate! Jeezus fuckin' Louises! Thank God we have an amazing record waiting just around the corner. I mean, thank God I have an amazing record waiting for me. The rest of you fucking losers aren't appreciative enough to fucking appreciate the lack of fuckin' depreciation of the Guns N' Roses situation. Morons. Fuck, fuck, fuck, ARGH!!!" And you wouldn't want to fuck that up, would you?

Seriously, this reeks of highschool romantic feelings out of control. nervous

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: