Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:23:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on NEW tribute to queen CD....
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on NEW tribute to queen CD....  (Read 12533 times)
marcelj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2007, 03:42:54 AM »

http://www.cityfm.nl/west/index.php?page=rockreportarchief&id=2717

this is from a dutch radio site..... bassicly saying the record comes out november 11th
DemocracyRose
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2007, 05:47:59 AM »

I thought it was BS... Huh
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2007, 01:13:57 PM »

quick translation:

Brian May dueting with Mika?

A british newspaper recently stated that Brian May would do a duet with singer Mika. This would happen during the Brit Awards due next febraury in London.
Mika became famous this year after the hitsingle 'Grace Kelly'; a song that got recognition all over the world. His voice was compared to Freddy Mercury's.
if Brian May wouldn't want to be a part of the collaboration, the plan would be to ask Rufus Wainwright for a collaboration with the young singer.

Other Queen related news: a new Queen-tribute CD will be released on the 11th of November. Rumor is that amongst the singers will be Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose and Vince Neil of Motley Crue

The album will be called ''Rock N' Royalty: a very special tribute to Queen'' and Robbie Williams will also be on it. There'll also be a 'guest-apperance' from Brian May.

-------------

So nothing new really. I wouldn't be surprised if Axl would indeed be on the record, but the record is being released on november 11th..wouldn't we have some official word about it by now? I mean, Axl confirmed being on Baz's record way before the actual album was due to be released..why wouldn't he say something about the Queen record?

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2007, 01:48:20 PM »

quick translation:

There's no way I could buy something with Robbie Williams on it, I can't stand his music, and the thought of him covering a Queen song is just wrong.

Thanks for the translation? ok

are you kidding me, Robbie williams is awesome!  Shocked I'd rather see him covering a Queen song than Vince Neil. and you're welcome  ok

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2007, 02:16:35 PM »

quick translation:

There's no way I could buy something with Robbie Williams on it, I can't stand his music, and the thought of him covering a Queen song is just wrong.

Thanks for the translation  ok

are you kidding me, Robbie williams is awesome!  Shocked I'd rather see him covering a Queen song than Vince Neil. and you're welcome  ok

Robbie Williams is a great entertainer with a great voice. He'd easily fit in with a Queen tribute album. I'm curious to see what develops on this though, the Axl rumor has been floating around for a while on it.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2007, 03:19:57 PM »

quick translation:

A british newspaper recently stated that Brian May would do a duet with singer Mika. This would happen during the Brit Awards due next febraury in London.
Mika became famous this year after the hitsingle 'Grace Kelly'; a song that got recognition all over the world. His voice was compared to Freddy Mercury's.
if Brian May wouldn't want to be a part of the collaboration, the plan would be to ask Rufus Wainwright for a collaboration with the young singer.

Other Queen related news: a new Queen-tribute CD will be released on the 11th of November. Rumor is that amongst the singers will be Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose and Vince Neil of Motley Crue

The album will be called ''Rock N' Royalty: a very special tribute to Queen'' and Robbie Williams will also be on it. There'll also be a 'guest-apperance' from Brian May.

-------------

So nothing new really. I wouldn't be surprised if Axl would indeed be on the record, but the record is being released on november 11th..wouldn't we have some official word about it by now? I mean, Axl confirmed being on Baz's record way before the actual album was due to be released..why wouldn't he say something about the Queen record?

The only one promoting this would be the record company since there are various artists. Axl didn't promote Baz's songs, Baz did and that's because he is a huge fan of Axl. But something tells me this is legit because over the weekend, I heard a couple tributes to Queen on the radio and such. Is there an anniversary coming up? Or something to commemorate?

Also, I am not a fan of Clay Aiken but I can see why they would put him on this album. He does have great pipes and a range like Freddie Mercury did. Not many singers these days can handle vocal (unless they are doing an interpretation) ranges of Freddie Mercury. They did a Queen night on American Idol and all the contestants sucked IMO. You really have to know your stuff vocally to take on some of the classic Queen songs. But again that is only my opinion.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2007, 05:24:03 PM »

quick translation:

-------------

The only one promoting this would be the record company since there are various artists. Axl didn't promote Baz's songs, Baz did and that's because he is a huge fan of Axl. But something tells me this is legit because over the weekend, I heard a couple tributes to Queen on the radio and such. Is there an anniversary coming up? Or something to commemorate?

Also, I am not a fan of Clay Aiken but I can see why they would put him on this album. He does have great pipes and a range like Freddie Mercury did. Not many singers these days can handle vocal (unless they are doing an interpretation) ranges of Freddie Mercury. They did a Queen night on American Idol and all the contestants sucked IMO. You really have to know your stuff vocally to take on some of the classic Queen songs. But again that is only my opinion.
the only anniversary i know of would be the death of Freddie Mercury on November 24 1991. hope this album rumour is true.  although im struggling to imagine Axl singing "Party" off "The Miracle" album

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2007, 09:29:07 PM »

quick translation:

-------------

the only anniversary i know of would be the death of Freddie Mercury on November 24 1991. hope this album rumour is true.  although im struggling to imagine Axl singing "Party" off "The Miracle" album

the 30th anniversary of news of the world, and we will rock you perhaps, though that would have been last month
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2007, 02:03:11 PM »

the only good thing robbie can do :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=XpnxxURoY5M

but with a little help it's more funny :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=9T2zR2Mx0os

hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2007, 02:41:20 PM »

the only good thing robbie can do :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=XpnxxURoY5M

but with a little help it's more funny :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=9T2zR2Mx0os

hihi

Thats really not that funny if you think about it from a security standpoint.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2007, 03:03:19 PM »

quick translation:

thanks for your excellent translation. I do agree that Mika voice is comparable to freddys.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2007, 03:51:57 PM »

quick translation:

Thanks for the translation  ok

Robbie Williams is a great entertainer with a great voice. He'd easily fit in with a Queen tribute album. I'm curious to see what develops on this though, the Axl rumor has been floating around for a while on it.
robbie williams is actually pretty cool.  he's kinda funny to watch perform and in interviews.  It would be lame to not buy something with axl on it just because he was.
The Rhiad
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2007, 04:44:42 PM »

anyone know what happened with this. According to the date it was released.
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2007, 05:36:47 PM »

Khasoggi's Ship, the song after Party on The Miracle, is much better and I would love to hear Uncle Axl sing along to that one!
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2007, 11:51:31 AM »

has anyone found this actually in a record shop?  it supposed came out yesterday
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2007, 12:08:08 PM »

I found this on a Wolfmother site regarding this CD

[update] Having looked into this story a bit more it appears that it might be nothing more than something some idiot made up a year or more back, and it?s gradually spread around. I guess we will see in a month whether there is anything to it or not! In the meantime, take the post below with a pinch of salt ?

http://www.wolfmother.net/2007/10/13/andrew-and-chris-in-queen-tribute/

It's just funny because if you google the title of the CD you get 73000 hits but not one to actually buy it!
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2007, 11:55:10 AM »

i think it's safe to say it's just another one of those pesky rumors
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: