Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 05:32:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Jon Stewart Vs. Chris Matthews
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jon Stewart Vs. Chris Matthews  (Read 2819 times)
GeraldFord
« on: October 05, 2007, 03:08:20 AM »

Anyone see this?

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/columns/pressingissues_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003650576
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 03:27:26 AM »

Yeah, I saw it! I really thought he was over reacting though... I think Stewart had criticism about the book that was more or less valid (don't know, haven't read the book), but instead of concentrating on the criticism about the philosophies of the book, Matthews saw it as a personal attack.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 07:05:56 AM »

Wow  rofl

Honestly i'm not into politics by anymeans... I dont really even watch the daily show... But it seems John Stewart kills everybody  hihi
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 09:49:56 AM »

not to get all nerdy and techy - but i was more surprised that the article you posted didn't have a link to the youtube video of this.  who reads these days?  :hihi

stewart rules - his crossfire segment is legendary.

edit - never mind, he does link to it at the end, but youtube has taken it down.  wonder if matthews doesn't want anyone to see it  hihi
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 09:54:58 AM by Lil' Butters » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 09:56:03 AM »

not to get all nerdy and techy - but i was more surprised that the article you posted didn't have a link to the youtube video of this.? who reads these days?? :hihi

stewart rules - his crossfire segment is legendary.

edit - never mind, he does link to it at the end, but youtube has taken it down.? wonder if matthews doesn't want anyone to see it? hihi

They did... Youtube has taken it down...  ok

EDIT: As I quote you, you find that out  hihi
GeraldFord
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 10:15:09 AM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oLSNuZjx_Xc
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 10:19:06 AM »

You can watch the interview on the Comedy Central website... he clearly doesn't like the outlook offered by the book, but they both seem to be in good spirits.
GeraldFord
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 10:52:01 AM »

It's still on youtube. I just posted a link to the interview a few posts above.

Matthews seems a bit annoyed, but it wasn't the thrashing some have made it out to be.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 01:49:48 PM »

I saw the show earlier, it seemed all in good fun to me. Ball busting good fun that is.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 12:32:46 AM »

All in good fun (though a tad tense), but it's like Matthews thought Stewart would roll over, let him talk about his ridiculous book, and do whatever he wanted. 

Why does being a television personality make you qualified to write a book about anything?  I like Chris, I watch Hardball often, but this "Life's a Campaign" stuff is nonsense.  He should know that most people dislike politicians.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 05:05:43 AM »

Why does being a television personality make you qualified to write a book about anything?

Matthews was a Journalist/Pundit long before he became a TV personality. I enjoy his show immensely. Though, I watch Stewart regularly, I wonder what his credentials are?

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 06:48:40 AM »

Why does being a television personality make you qualified to write a book about anything?

Matthews was a Journalist/Pundit long before he became a TV personality. I enjoy his show immensely. Though, I watch Stewart regularly, I wonder what his credentials are?

Being semi-knowledgeable.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 09:03:12 PM »

I enjoy his show, too.  But it seems like he came up with an idea for a book, it may have been a fairly bad one, and it got published for no reason other than the name of its author.  I'd much rather see Matthews hammer away at politicians than to try to write a book giving life lessons based on political campaigns.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: