Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:23:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228481 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  New Slash Guitar Solo from last night
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Slash Guitar Solo from last night  (Read 9581 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« on: October 03, 2007, 04:14:07 PM »

I just uploaded this.  Its fucking killer!!!!  go to tour section to see other clips i am working on.  I am uploading Slither solo now.  Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8s0_7qiHfc
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 04:25:48 PM »

he played this last friday as well, great solo
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 05:17:17 PM »

Killer solo, loved how they turned Scott's mike off... Nobody wanted to hear him sing over that anyway!  Awesome!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 05:26:15 PM »

Wow, just wow!  drool
madagas
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 06:05:15 PM »

I am going tonight....got some free tickets...hopefully they keep Weiland's mic off the whole night. ok
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 06:17:10 PM »

Man, have a great time Madgas!!!  Slash is on fire lately!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 09:41:09 PM »

I cannot stop watching this solo.  Don't know if its because I filmed it, or because its that bad ass.  Ya, its because Slash is that bad ass.  For those keeping tabs on attendance, it was a sell out on a Tuesday night.  Pretty impressive.  We love good rock here in the south!  ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 11:17:42 PM »

Here are the rest of the clips.  Finally got them all up. I now there is plenty of ammo for the anti scott guys on that patience clip.  But, I am objective and fair.  So the good with the bad.  I posted the good clip here a couple months ago and I thought scott did good then.  But this version is awful.  That aside, best concert I have been to in a long time.  AIC was good, but VR much better.

First clip a blistering Slash solo, glad to see these are back!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8s0_7qiHfc

Slither Solo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_tTg3pBigo

The Last fight with more bluesy fills!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrTL5oUe38s

Interstate Love Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEZ33Pm_r7M

Scott Butchering Patience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N05ldbQ2l38

Its So Easy Guitar Solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NL4azGDVsY

AIC Man in the Box

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr-FGm9OXuA
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 01:00:37 AM »

One more time...thanks!? That solo was killer!!? It should take everybody's thoughts away from "Slash just isn't the same anymore - no solos - he's lost it, etc."
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 02:03:37 AM »

I am going tonight....got some free tickets...hopefully they keep Weiland's mic off the whole night. ok

At least off during Slash's solos Smiley

Ali
madagas
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 09:11:23 AM »

Weiland ended up damn solid in Atlanta Shocked he is still a douche bag but he nailed Brownstone, Easy, and Patience. Yes, I said it and will give credit where credit is due. The show was good and I was pleasantly suprised. Slash was awesome-Kushner kinda sucks, Duff was great on complimentary vocals with Patience and Easy. Sorum was good as well.

AIC was the shit though. Velvet had to step up their game because the crowd was really in to AIC. All in all a good night. ok

ps I did get a little misty eyed at the crowd reaction to the Gnr songs. But, hey, I'm an old fucker. Wink
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 10:29:44 AM »

Wow!!!!  I am glad you liked weiland!  He is a good frontman, when he isn't crawling on the stage about to pass out!  Ha!  Glad you had a killer time.  Did he play the same solo?
madagas
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 10:35:52 AM »

I don't think so but I could be wrong. Slash was simply outstanding though. My only complaint was playing Interstate Love Song sitting down really drained the energy out of the song. I also wish they would have played this show at the Fox Theatre (5000 seats) or The Tabernacle. They had the entire lawn blocked off due to poor ticket sales. However, it was alright because it forced everyone in to the seated area and made it a little more intimate. There was probably only 5000 or so people there. The crowd was energetic though.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 11:54:48 AM »

can someone rip the audio from the slash solo?

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 12:19:59 PM »

I think Slash is playing maybe the best he has ever played right now.  And that is saying a lot!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 04:27:26 PM »

^^^Smoking Guns maybe you can answer this...from the clips that you posted it is obvious that Slash put on a great performance at your show.  A lot of the last reviews I read had good things to say about the band but took issue with Weilands performance.  Here is the review from your show, is this the way you saw it?  Do I have the right show?

Here is some of the review:

The Birmingham News

Weiland's bad day turns into lackluster show

Thursday, October 04, 2007
MARY COLURSO
News staff writer

Scott Weiland and the other members of Velvet Revolver seemed to be in different bands - or on different planets - during a Tuesday performance at the Verizon Wireless Music Center in Pelham.

In one of those worlds, four veteran rock musicians were doing their jobs in a loud, heavy, professional manner. Nothing too radical, nothing too inspired, except for a few of Slash's whirling guitar solos.

In the alternative universe, Weiland was writhing and primping in snaky-flaky style, doing everything he could to distract the audience's attention from his hoarse, inconsistent vocals and occasional tendency to mumble-jumble the lyrics.

Weiland rambled and ranted during his comments to the audience. He wore mirror sunglasses and a faux police cap that might have looked cool when he joined Velvet Revolver, but seemed rather silly now, four years later. He shouted into a megaphone and sang with his back to the crowd.

Forget that the outdoor amphitheater was less than half full, with an empty third tier and open seats scattered throughout the bottom two tiers.

But wacked-out Weiland didn't live up to his bandmates' standard. For Velvet Revolver to really click, all of its members need to be on target.

Complete review: http://www.al.com/entertainment/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/entertainment/1191485949240950.xml&coll=2

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 04:37:19 PM »

Wow, yes!!!!!!!? ^^^^^ Spot on.? The only thing I would say is that Slash is "very" inspired to me.? My goodness, you saw the clips.? The band was brilliant.? On Fall to Pieces, Scott was brilliant.? On SBQM, again, Scott was great.? This whole review is based on one song, "Patience".? Scott butchered it so bad.? And for that, it singlehandedly took it from an outstanding show to just a good one.? It pissed me off.? However, I am mainly there to see Slash, Sorum, and Duff, they don't disappoint.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 04:39:45 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 04:46:55 PM »

That review was pretty much dead on.  She reviewed them in 04 and gave them higher marks.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 04:51:05 PM »

Thanks...nice to get it from someone who was at the show. ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 04:52:27 PM »

Look at this quote you left out from the full review... Is this chic from our forum?  ha!

"Audiences have seen manic moves done before, and much better, by frontmen ranging from Jim Morrison of the Doors to Axl Rose of Guns N' Roses. Both of those vocalists had career-destroying meltdowns that played out on stage, but they made some memorable music before their implosions.

Weiland simply isn't in the same league when it comes to personal charisma or artistic vision, on a good day or a bad one.

Tuesday, it appeared, was a bad one. "

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: