Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:29:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Family Guy shooting up The Simpsons, censored by Fox?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Family Guy shooting up The Simpsons, censored by Fox?  (Read 6635 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« on: October 01, 2007, 11:51:40 AM »

I caught the new episode of Family Guy last night and saw them take the rivalry with the Simpsons up a notch by showing Quagmire having sex with Marge and eventually killing all the Simpson family in their house... including Maggie.

I checked on Wikipedia and read this:
In one scene, a fake advertisement for The Simpsons with Marge appears on the bottom of the screen. A tiny Quagmire walks in and decides to have sex with Marge (offscreen) and then kills the entire Simpson family after they walk in on them (also offscreen). This scene was cut from the Fox airing, but aired on Global in Canada.

Did anyone catch the episode and was this scene actually not shown??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-9nT7s61j8
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 03:38:59 PM by Eazy E » Logged
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 12:14:48 PM »

I didnt catch it last night... Did you see the global version then??

I love family guy, but that seems to be in bad taste...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 12:42:39 PM »

I love family guy, but that seems to be in bad taste... Roll Eyes

so u love shows based on bad taste humour i.e Family guy...but not bad taste humour....

Make

Up

Your

Mind

Family Guy has made fun of real life murder victims on scores of occaisions - but killing a cartoon character is in bad taste confused

Family Guy is great (or atleast once was) because its so dynamic, controversial and...fresh.

If you want ultra-sanitised humour i'm sure there is a Tom and Jerry cartoon u can watch (but even that was horrendously racist...)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
wink
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 12:48:10 PM »

In Canada, it wasn?t really censored, the scene was a picture of the simpson house, then each character voice was followed by a gunshot, even Maggie , that sucking sound, Maggie was shot at the end. It was funny, knowing how family guy rips on others.
The usual over-the-top episode.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 01:48:11 PM »

If you want ultra-sanitised humour i'm sure there is a Tom and Jerry cartoon u can watch (but even that was horrendously racist...)

Did you mean Tom and Jerry?

Or did you mean Tom and Jerry?

Sanitized humor.  hihi

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 02:34:37 PM »

I love family guy, but that seems to be in bad taste... Roll Eyes

so u love shows based on bad taste humour i.e Family guy...but not bad taste humour....

Make

Up

Your

Mind

Family Guy has made fun of real life murder victims on scores of occaisions - but killing a cartoon character is in bad taste confused

Family Guy is great (or atleast once was) because its so dynamic, controversial and...fresh.

Fuck off whore, and dont add shit to my posts, while you quote me...

Fisrt of all i never said i dont like bad taste humor.. I guess I have to see the episode to see te point... But the way it was explained, it seems pointless to knock the simpsons like that
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 02:57:16 PM »

In Canada, it wasn?t really censored, the scene was a picture of the simpson house, then each character voice was followed by a gunshot, even Maggie , that sucking sound, Maggie was shot at the end. It was funny, knowing how family guy rips on others.
The usual over-the-top episode.

There was a Simpsons episode with some Italian police officers flipping through a book of American criminals... Peter Griffin was in there with "Plagiarismo" written underneath him... and the American Dad was on the next page with "Plagiarismo di plagiarismo" underneath.

The two shows do take shots at each other now and then, but I don't know why Fox would censor this one?  It seemed to suggest that Family Guy is "killing off" The Simpsons.... maybe because they're both Fox shows they didn't think that part should air?

I'm curious if the Simpsons writers will work some sort of retaliation into a new episode
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 03:14:29 PM »

Seems it was cut from the U.S. Broadcast.... Here's the YouTube link, check it out before it gets removed!

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 03:42:28 PM »

Seems it was cut from the U.S. Broadcast.... Here's the YouTube link, check it out before it gets removed!

A little less graphic than I'd thought...

Yay Fox!

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 03:47:17 PM »

haha that was kinda funny... Still bad taste, but funny...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 04:08:44 PM »

come on.. the shootings was hilarious and when seth tried to sound like the simpsons characters
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 05:50:02 PM »

i can honestly say that even though i watch Family Guy last night from beginning to end I honestly don't remember seeing that no

kinda funny though

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 11:06:09 PM »

South Park > Family Guy.......simply put.

Family Guy is pure crap now.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 11:09:21 PM »

hey, don't say that.  Those Manatees work really hard to write good episodes  hihi

seriously, after the southpark Cartoon Wars its impossible to watch family guy without realizing how insanely bad it is. 

the star wars parody they did was just god awful.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 12:23:18 AM »

Yeah, it aired on Global, but not Fox. I saw the first act on Global earlier, then caught a later showing on Fox. The Simpsons stuff wasn't shown on Fox.

It's doubtful the Simpsons will do anything this year, since shows are made 9 months in advance, though they could throw something in last minute.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 06:15:26 AM »

hey, don't say that.? Those Manatees work really hard to write good episodes? hihi

seriously, after the southpark Cartoon Wars its impossible to watch family guy without realizing how insanely bad it is.?

Wow you guys are such tools  Roll Eyes You let an episode of south park change your mind about family guy?  hihi

The only reason they did it is because Family Guy has taken them over
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 09:57:33 AM »

hey, don't say that.? Those Manatees work really hard to write good episodes? hihi

seriously, after the southpark Cartoon Wars its impossible to watch family guy without realizing how insanely bad it is.?

Wow you guys are such tools? Roll Eyes You let an episode of south park change your mind about family guy?? hihi

The only reason they did it is because Family Guy has taken them over

Thanks for speaking for me, but long before that episode of South Park aired........I happened to catch the "return" of Family Guy when Fox brought it back.? I watched the first 10 new episodes and they were utter crap.? The show totally blows chunks now.? I would have rather had Futurama return.? Now there was a show that needed to be brought back.
However South Park is still the top of the line for the adult animated shows.  The Simpsons are bland as can be these days and Family Guy is just crap. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 10:00:00 AM by The Dog 213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
CSS
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 11:49:53 AM »

Well, that sucked.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 04:17:23 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMDOqZCS9Ok

Back up, briefly!  I thought it was funny.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 04:25:18 PM »

Really?  I thought the dig the Simpsons took at them was much funnier and way more creative.  I chuckled at this "response", but it's just harsh... the only "clever" part was that it started as an advertisement, I was fooled when watching it on TV.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: