Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:16:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  RIP--Miss Moneypenny
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP--Miss Moneypenny  (Read 2060 times)
GeraldFord
« on: September 30, 2007, 04:43:46 PM »

James Bond Foil Miss Moneypenny Dies
Reuters
Posted: 2007-09-30 15:34:48
Filed Under: Star Obituaries, Movie News
LONDON (Sept. 30) - Lois Maxwell, the Canadian-born actress who was to many fans the definitive Miss Moneypenny in James Bond films, has died in Western Australia aged 80, the BBC reported on Sunday.

It said Maxwell, the demur foil to Bond's suave rake in 14 films from 1962's "Dr. No" to 1985's "A View to a Kill," had died in Fremantle Hospital. She had been suffering from cancer.

In the Bond films Moneypenny as secretary to Bond's chief M has a flirtatious relationship with the spy, evidently attracted to him but never succumbing to his advances.

It was a role to which Maxwell gave a sexual edge that is missing in Ian Fleming's novels.

While officially her character's first name is Jane, Moneypenny is only ever referred to by her last name or a diminutive of it -- Penny.

Born in Kitchener, Ontario in February 1927, Maxwell won a Golden Globe award as Most Promising Female Newcomer in 1948 for her performance in the Shirley Temple  comedy "That Hagen Girl."

Although she appeared in many other films and television series and wrote a popular newspaper column for years, Maxwell was best known for her Moneypenny role.

She became close friends with Roger Moore who succeeded Sean Connery  as Bond in 1973 and played the character in seven films.

"She was a very fine actress and had a great sense of humor," Moore told BBC television. "It was a great disappointment to her that she had not been promoted to play M. She would have been a wonderful M."

Copyright 2007 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
2007-09-30 09:23:14

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/movies/movie-news-story/ar/_a/lois-maxwell-miss-moneypenny-dies/20070930092209990001
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 01:08:07 AM »

That's too bad.  Many were surprised when her character (if not her as the actress) weren't in the latest Bond film, but perhaps it's best if the role doesn't go to someone else.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 04:19:47 PM »

R.I.P Miss Moneypenny

she is from the same hometown as I Smiley

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 05:31:53 PM »

When I was a kid, I always wanted her and Sean Connery's character to hook up. RIP Lois Maxwell

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: