Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:30:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD article I came across stating the album will be out in October...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD article I came across stating the album will be out in October...  (Read 17180 times)
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2007, 10:03:05 AM »

I believe there are a good number of people who feel the way The Prez does on this board. I don't know the board statistics so I can't give you a set number, or even a percentage.? I do know, however, that I do.

I come here to read any news updates or to see what rumors are flying about for entertainment. But over the years there were only so many news stories I could read about CD and when it might come out before I started feeling like I was a part of, "The boy who cried wolf." I am not waiting or expecting for Chinese Democracy to be released, but I do not see how that makes me any less of a Guns N' Roses fan. I love the songs and would go see them in concert again, but I have really distanced myself from hoping for a new disk coming out. If it comes out I will be really happy and certainly buy/discuss the album but hanging on to what I read here and in magazines just isn't worth getting worked up over for me.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 10:04:46 AM by Gunner17 » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2007, 10:14:51 AM »

You used to support this band instead of making smartass comments...
I still do....but the lack of info and album right now in the yr 2007 is crazy imo

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
sami ben tovim
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2007, 11:53:23 AM »

why waste so much energy at this thing anymore?with everyday that goes by,people are getting bitter and bitter about this thing..i know a lot of fans that really dont care about this album anymore and they are the biggest fans..even the people that keep saying this album will be out have doubts deep inside.i'm just happy that i got the chance to see them live twise last year and whatever that comes will be a bonus
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2007, 01:12:40 PM »

May I ask you how to read others deep inside? esp when you don't even know the people personally???

I agree that it's waste of energy to be bitter. It will come when it comes. 
like Rirobinson said it's not your effort.
You're not the ones that have put their hearts, lives and passion into it. 

You used to support this band instead of making smartass comments...
I still do....but the lack of info and album right now in the yr 2007 is crazy imo

lack of info? On every show in any country we get on the spot reports from fans like yourself in real time and
You even know where to buy axl's shirt.

You might entertain doubts. But laughing at other fans earnestness is nothing smart or supportive.
That's when You give up the last laugh.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2007, 08:47:02 PM »

Isn't what you're already doing? You're like "I told you so" now, while the album is not released.

I'm not sayin or being like " I Told You So". I'm just living through the day, and today at least 12 years after its beginning there is no album. It's not sayin' "I told you so" , it's a fact.

And you knew it back then that it wouldnt get released, right Nostradamus?

I didn't know shit, just as you... Just like today.

Because...? Please, just tell me one reasonable fact to back up this non-release theory other than wishful thinking.

Can't you fuckin' read? I say clearly that it is my fuckin' opnion. My non-release theory is as much reliable today as your release  theory. And you please me give one reasonable fact that this album will be released?
1 - Calm down.
2 - Learn how to quote.
3 - Seems like you can't fucking read. One thing is to state the fact that the album is not released. Other is to say how it's "funny" that people believes it will be released.
4 - If you didn't know either that it wouldn't be released, why is it funny when people thought it could be? The "I told you so" will be more like about the release itself, not about the date.

Do you honestly think that everyone here is sitting behind the computer waiting for the album and had stopped listening to other bands since 1996?
Did I say that in any part of my comment?
Yes:
While you're waiting this so called Masterpiece , you can be wastin a lot of others.
Happy?

Before you come here and act like an old lady with sexual problems you should read what I wrote.
You don't need to be so defensive with smartass comments.

I said that the world went on, being here waitin for an album for that long is insane .
Here where? You mean, following the band through this board? I stand for my last post, asking who is really waiting in that way.

I love this band, I love the music they play (and I mean ALL music, not only the new ones or the unheard ones). They did many things besides the album and even that we already have enough material to listen to. So, how is it waiting like nothing has happening all that time?

Now I understand the Merck statement about "Someday you can go to a store and find it'. Because that's what will gonna happen for big part of us. Someday you'll have it, or not.  If I have it great, if I don't , I don't. What I say is simple. It's just a fuckin album. It's not like the second coming
Of course it's just an album. Now I ask, who said otherwise?

Rirobinson
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2007, 09:40:49 PM »

Ok, ok . I'll Draw for you... I'm not tryin to make fun if someone believes that the CD will be released. I think, and I will think funny if 13 years later someone come in this board with the "I told you so" attitude. Simple as that. I had that believe but it was gone by the end of 2001. Sorry if I'm not patient enough, but if Axl doesn't owe me shit, I don't owe shit to Axl. So I do not feel the necessity to play his lawyer parts like a 13 years old girl. If you still have this belief , good to you. Everybody needs some time on your own.

The "The I Told You So" is related to the date. Don't anyone try to convince me that anyone here will think that in 2007 we'd still talking about release dates. It'd be like a Beach Boys fans in 2004 says "I told you so" about the release of Smile.

About the comment sayn' lossing things: Doesn't necessarily mean you're loosing everything that happens in this fuckin' world. But yes, you're loosing great things if you're waiting for something that hard.  If you can not understand that, it not my problem.

You don't love this band, you love Axl and the franchise he made  . You think that it's necessarily to make his defense to prove you're a fan. Sorry I don't play that role. I like the band, unfortunately the old one, because for me. One more time, my personal opnion, this band did nothing yet that made me to love it that much. This not necessarily means that I don't love or like the work of certain members previously.

New Songs? I can't talk about things that shouldn't be released in this particular moment.

Get It?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2007, 11:23:51 PM »

Ok, ok . I'll Draw for you...
Would be good since you're not able to use words properly.

I'm not tryin to make fun if someone believes that the CD will be released. I think, and I will think funny if 13 years later someone come in this board with the "I told you so" attitude. Simple as that. I had that believe but it was gone by the end of 2001. Sorry if I'm not patient enough, but if Axl doesn't owe me shit, I don't owe shit to Axl. So I do not feel the necessity to play his lawyer parts like a 13 years old girl. If you still have this belief , good to you. Everybody needs some time on your own.
LOL, so you can say whatever you want, you're acting like betrayed, thus you think Axl owes you. Like a 13 years old gir who idolize her idol and think she knows him enough to make those kind of judgments. Smiley

The "The I Told You So" is related to the date. Don't anyone try to convince me that anyone here will think that in 2007 we'd still talking about release dates. It'd be like a Beach Boys fans in 2004 says "I told you so" about the release of Smile.
Whatever fits for you, dude. I can speak for myself and Id never say something silly as this "I told you so", but also I always had sure about a release. Sooner or later. Its happening later, so...

About the comment sayn' lossing things: Doesn't necessarily mean you're loosing everything that happens in this fuckin' world. But yes, you're loosing great things if you're waiting for something that hard.  If you can not understand that, it not my problem.
Well, I clearly understand what you said, all I asked for is someone who's waiting that hard. Again, you didn't answer, which leads me to believe that you're just trying to stand for your previous argument without any real backup. But anyways, it is your problem.

You don't love this band, you love Axl and the franchise he made  . You think that it's necessarily to make his defense to prove you're a fan.
Thanks! Now that I have you to determinate what I feel and think, my life is gonna be way easier. 

I like the band, unfortunately the old one, because for me.
Why am I not surprised?

One more time, my personal opnion, this band did nothing yet that made me to love it that much. This not necessarily means that I don't love or like the work of certain members previously.
There was plenty of live gigs. If 2h + of music at each concert at least from last year is not enough for you to judge them...

New Songs? I can't talk about things that shouldn't be released in this particular moment.

Get It?
I got it, you really like to ignore the live performances.

I guess this band is not really for you if it's all that bad.

Rirobinson
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2007, 12:23:51 AM »

There was plenty of live gigs. If 2h + of music at each concert at least from last year is not enough for you to judge them...

Yeah in 12 years one real tour based in other people songs... Almost like a cover band... But anyway it's a good paycheck I wouldn't complain. All of them work hard in other bands to get this

I got it, you really like to ignore the live performances.

I don't ignore shit, there were some great shows... But it wasn't a album release discussion?

I guess this band is not really for you if it's all that bad.

I didn't say it's bad, I've just said that they didn't released an album.? And I don't bellieve they will.Not has to do with the new guys. I can be wrong... Just like you... But what I think the funniest here in this board it's the fact that some people here think that they can decide who should or shouldn't be a fan. Hilarious.? rofl rofl rofl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2007, 01:43:38 AM »

I came across this from Talking Metal, in part...

Little did we know at the time that the length between 'Use Your Illusion' and 'Chinese Democracy' would be four-times as long, but it too will be worth the long wait. Last fall when Axl Rose strove onto stage at the Allstate Arena, just outside of Chicago, I saw a man possessed with a determination and purpose I have only witnessed a handful of times in my life. It reinvigorated my passion for Guns N' Roses and I realized that if Axl put a tenth of that same energy into 'Chinese Democracy' as he did on the concert stage, then expect the unexpected. Whether 'Chinese Democracy' breaks records or sales plateau's is not the point. What is vital is that Axl Rose is an artist who deserves to decide when his art is ready for public consumption and I will forever respect his wishes even if it means it's another five-years before 'Chinese Democracy' see's the light of day. Guns N' Roses is all about breaking the rules and only they could have inspired me to ride a bike in the middle of the night for a pair of albums. When it finally does arrive I'll listen to it with the same intensity as I did sixteen years ago with 'Use Your Illusion', albeit I may drive my car to the store at midnight this time. I wish Axl the best and hope to take my psyche on another emotional roller coaster soon, but until then, I'm having a rather great time rediscovering "Locomotive".

http://www.striglsmusicnews.com/podcasts/talkingmetal/gunsnroses.htm

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2007, 07:13:07 AM »

Yeah in 12 years one real tour based in other people songs... Almost like a cover band... But anyway it's a good paycheck I wouldn't complain. All of them work hard in other bands to get this
Whatever man, go to Dead Horse section with this "cover band" shit.

I don't ignore shit, there were some great shows... But it wasn't a album release discussion?
Weren't the new songs performed live supposed to be on the new album?

I didn't say it's bad, I've just said that they didn't released an album.  And I don't bellieve they will.Not has to do with the new guys. I can be wrong... Just like you...
Well, you don't need to say. It's all over your posts, even if they don't make much sense.

But what I think the funniest here in this board it's the fact that some people here think that they can decide who should or shouldn't be a fan. Hilarious.  rofl rofl rofl
Hahahaha, really? And what about this one who decides what other people feels and think?

You don't love this band, you love Axl and the franchise he made  .
hihi

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2007, 12:05:34 PM »

But what I think the funniest here in this board it's the fact that some people here think that they can decide who should or shouldn't be a fan. Hilarious.  rofl rofl rofl
Hahahaha, really? And what about this one who decides what other people feels and think?
totally.  as I've never seen anyone say who should or shouldn't be a fan.  rofl

Riro
Of course you should expect 'I told you so!' calls when it comes out. doubters will be laughed at. 

Nostradamus is totally uncalled for on any front.

First of all this is not fortune-telling or prophecy but a reasonable deduction based on many facts.
Secondly, well no first, learn what Nostradamus is to know what you're talking about. Really.

More importantly,
when it's more than obvious that the band is eager to release it, who are you to say they won't make it?
what kind of fan is that?

You're just reciting a curse on cd and the band. mind you, they say curses come home to roost.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 12:07:47 PM by ppbebe » Logged
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2007, 01:03:02 PM »

Seems a lot of people share my feelings about the band! (not believing CD is comming... ever; but still love tha band and its music)
Typical 'older' fans?
I don't know...been fan since 1988 or something...almost 20 fucking years.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2007, 01:19:27 PM »

Typical 'older' fans?

No.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axlmanatee
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2007, 01:25:46 PM »

They should release it during the Summer Olympics 2008. GNR can rock the opening ceremony.  haha
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2007, 01:34:08 PM »

Typical 'older' fans?
I've been a fan since 1989, so I guess I'm not a new fan...

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2007, 01:43:31 PM »

been a fan since 1982...I win!  Tongue

They should release it during the Summer Olympics 2008. GNR can rock the opening ceremony.  haha

Why during? To rock the ceremony, the release is likely to precede.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2007, 04:25:41 PM »

Typical 'older' fans?
I've been a fan since 1989, so I guess I'm not a new fan...

Here here. I've been a fan since around the same time and I feel just great about the post 93 lineup.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
sami ben tovim
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2007, 06:11:27 PM »

i don't know why the people that do not think that CD is coming out are been attacked by others,and since when if i dont agree with someone make me less  fan then he is? this is GN'R forum related to GN'R world,and what do you know,not everything is shiny out there.different people different oppinions beer
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2007, 11:25:56 PM »

i think its coming out the same day as angel down.  Angel Down would sell a lot more if so.  Axl obviously wants to keep helping Baz out.  It makes sense.  I dont think October is possible though. 
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2007, 02:06:20 AM »

i think its coming out the same day as angel down.  Angel Down would sell a lot more if so.  Axl obviously wants to keep helping Baz out.  It makes sense.  I dont think October is possible though. 

I thought this would be really cool. Doubt it's gonna happen though.   Undecided

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: