Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:21:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD article I came across stating the album will be out in October...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD article I came across stating the album will be out in October...  (Read 17132 times)
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2007, 05:21:25 AM »

I even do not understand anymore that we even hope for a release ever... rofl
I gave up some time ago believing in a release. You know, even if a release eventually would come: it is already a flop now: the expectations will be too great from everyone (not only fans) ...so if it ever comes out: a good (normal) album will not be enough, a great album maybe enough..IMO it has to be a fucking historical sublime classic album!.... and you now what: that's fucking normal! (15 years work - millions of cost....what do you expect)

Anyhow, I'm already satisfied with the fact they have some new songs and I can hear/see them live. That's more than enough. CD is never comming, stop dreaming.

excuse me,

but why the fuck are you here , if you think its never going to come out?

You obiously have no faith in either the album or the band,

and the only thing that you have displayed is your ignorance and immaturity,

If your going to come posting on a board about gnr, and more imporantly,
about chinse democracy,
why would you try and diminish the hopes of most of the gnr members that still support this band till this day?

Your not needed here,or any other gnr board,

and I just find it ammusing that dumb asses like you even spend your time posting on something that you actually believe will never happen?

Talk about running in circles thinking youll get somehwhere  yes

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2007, 05:39:35 AM »

I don't think this site is dedicated to the speculations of a relase of CD!

On what is that based? I never told that!! As a matter of fact, i like the (new) band very mucht, saw them 2 thimes live and I think they are a bunch of very well musicians and ...what the fuck do I have to explain the fact that I like GN'R??? The fact that I'm here says more than enough. wanker.

I have a right, I believe, to say that I think CD is never comming. That doesn't mean I do not like GN'R!
That also does not mean that I shouldn't read posts about CD release speculations.....you know, I would rather be wrong and see an actual release, but my feeling says different. That's all.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2007, 07:41:51 AM »

I even do not understand anymore that we even hope for a release ever... rofl
I gave up some time ago believing in a release. You know, even if a release eventually would come: it is already a flop now: the expectations will be too great from everyone (not only fans) ...so if it ever comes out: a good (normal) album will not be enough, a great album maybe enough..IMO it has to be a fucking historical sublime classic album!.... and you now what: that's fucking normal! (15 years work - millions of cost....what do you expect)

Anyhow, I'm already satisfied with the fact they have some new songs and I can hear/see them live. That's more than enough. CD is never comming, stop dreaming.

excuse me,

and the only thing that you have displayed is your ignorance and immaturity,

If your going to come posting on a board about gnr, and more imporantly,
about chinse democracy,
why would you try and diminish the hopes of most of the gnr members that still support this band till this day?

Your not needed here,or any other gnr board,

and I just find it ammusing that dumb asses like you even spend your time posting on something that you actually believe will never happen?

Talk about running in circles thinking youll get somehwhere? yes

You forget your meds this morning?

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2007, 08:55:19 AM »

I even do not understand anymore that we even hope for a release ever...  rofl
I think you're saying all this just to throw shit on believers. You do understand that this album has more chances to come out than being shelved, but you know nothing about what happen on the band and still says how it's never coming out and blah blah blah. And even when it comes out, you're already whining about the quality. You always win, it's always a failure for you.

Also, you sounds like "oh, the band has new songs, there's a work being finished, there was official news about mixing and stuff, but I rather ignore all this and follow the past pattern and whine about it".

I think you have a morbid wish to see this band failing. It's what media whores do too. We, as fans, should know what is just baseless speculation regarding the album and what is their official word. As far as we know, 2006 and 2007 were different, with the band being successful on live tours and having good reviews. There is activity. There is an album. We know it's on a stage never before seen.

Don't try to ignore all this. The album is coming, they didn't have all this work just to make fun of fans.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2007, 09:02:11 AM »

2008 will be a good year.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2007, 09:32:22 AM »

I don't know why everyone is jumping down The Prez' throat about his post. He said he's happy with where the band is at. It has been a long wait for the album, and I'm not surprised that some people have given up hope. Everyone wants it, but people have gotten their hopes up too many times to keep faith.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2007, 10:21:26 AM »

Its not about faith, but logic. Why would they get so far and not release anything?

One thing is to be pessimist about this year. Other thing is to say that:

CD is never comming, stop dreaming.

doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2007, 10:32:13 AM »

mee too!
Yeah and if CD comes out in October i'll shave my eyebrows !

and if CD comes out anytime i'll shave mine...

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2007, 11:30:14 AM »

mee too!

Hey...it's in writing!!!
Now you've got to stick to it!
We'll require pics.... hihi

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2007, 12:26:51 PM »

2 days ago the Admin Locked this threads and now opened it back.  Huh
I hoped not because they're boring because no News lately, and let us make some Silly Speculation.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2007, 01:11:09 PM »

mee too!

Hey...it's in writing!!!
Now you've got to stick to it!
We'll require pics.... hihi

Splash

/Mike

yep you must show us the proof.  yes

I don't know why everyone is jumping down The Prez' throat about his post. He said he's happy with where the band is at. It has been a long wait for the album, and I'm not surprised that some people have given up hope. Everyone wants it, but people have gotten their hopes up too many times to keep faith.
What Voodoo said.

besides, you don't expect a post that aims to ridicule GNR fans will get many cheers in a fan board.

I even do not understand anymore that we even hope for a release ever...  rofl
Of course we hope to see the release. this year or later any time will do.
Being a fan of a band basically is liking the music, right?  don't say it's about their hair.
when you like the songs they wrote you'd naturally hope to hear more from them.

What I don't understand is why these people with unrealistic pessimism have to mind others business so much and not go about theirs?  is it any good being pessimistic about something you want to see?
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2007, 01:36:38 PM »

Its not about faith, but logic. Why would they get so far and not release anything?

One thing is to be pessimist about this year. Other thing is to say that:

Have you ever heard of "Songs from the Black Hole"? Bands have achived thier best work in the studio only to shelf it indefinately because of thier insecurities. Weezer have been on a downward spiral for 6 years, all the while thier greatest work has never seen an official release. Don't kid yourself, it is possible that we may never see CD. I hope not, prove me wrong Axl, but is is definately possible.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2007, 02:20:43 PM »

It is possible, of course, and I didn't say otherwise. The thing is to ignore all signs about a release and just spread this "never coming" bullshit.

We have many proofs of how the band wants to release it and how it's still being working out. It's not the same thing as Weezer until now, so why state this possibility as the only truth, specially on a board clearly positive about the band?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2007, 02:24:24 PM »

Have you ever heard of "Songs from the Black Hole"? Bands have achived thier best work in the studio only to shelf it indefinately because of thier insecurities. Weezer have been on a downward spiral for 6 years, all the while thier greatest work has never seen an official release. Don't kid yourself, it is possible that we may never see CD. I hope not, prove me wrong Axl, but is is definately possible.

and probable?
Yeah an earthquake might be hitting LA next week in order to hinder Chinese democracy.
There're many possibles other than yours but people don't bring them up knowing they don't worth peoples while.
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2007, 02:56:54 PM »

All I can think of regarding the current status of the new GNR album is the killer live versions of songs like "Better" and studio/demo versions of the same songs that I deem to be average of inferior.

If it took till 2 years ago for Axl to get back into original mind and shape and he needs to rerecord the album a 4th or 5th time to make it sound as great as it's been sounding live, that's fine. But tell the fans please so they don't waste their time speculating whats happening.

That only took me 1 minute to write. I'll check back in a month and see whats happening.

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2007, 09:27:28 PM »

Guns n' Roses WILL release a CD eventually. Before or after Metallica is the only question.

Both will be excellent.

I will check in a few weeks, too busy loving Alter Bridge.

age 37....volume always at 10
Rirobinson
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2007, 12:18:42 PM »

I believe that the funniest thing about this whole story it will be if, I said,if the band release this album in 2008, at least 12 years later of its beginning, there will be tons of  "I told you so". That'll be hilarious. I know you told us but you said the same shit in 2000, 2001, 2002 etc... I didn't hear anyone em 2002 sayin' "Don't worry it'll be released in 2008 after two more tours and it'll be awesome". So don't come right now with your Nostradamus attitude.

My point of view of all this nonsense? Yeah , I'm one of the those that think that the probabilities of not being released are  bigger than the being released ones. If it would be released great, I'll buy and see what's all about. If it's great, great!!! If it sucks, I'll feel sorry,because is not my carrer that is on risk.

It's just Axl said, It's just an album!!!! And you've been waiting for so long. During this journey of so many years great albuns were released, excellent movies and books were done.  Good bands were formed, break up and reunited!!! Move on!!! There's a world outside!!!! And this world don't stop!! While you're waiting this so called Masterpiece , you can be wastin a lot of others.

This is simple: LIVE AND LET DIE MOTHERFUCKER!!!!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2007, 04:45:10 PM »

look ive been here since around 1995 and im not giving up.i think around that much time online looking forward to something new.and new i got tours and fun things to read (reviews ).so it is something more then axl not sounding a word in silence.i give axl alot of credit for what he has done allready.and am looking forward to new things to come.that's my point take it for what it's worth.

the one an only horsey !
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2007, 05:45:25 PM »

rofl

fall, spring, or summer?

im thinking fall 2010 myself. by then all of robins parts will have successfully been redone and taken to a higher level

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2007, 09:41:46 AM »

I believe that the funniest thing about this whole story it will be if, I said,if the band release this album in 2008, at least 12 years later of its beginning, there will be tons of  "I told you so". That'll be hilarious.
Isn't what you're already doing? You're like "I told you so" now, while the album is not released.

I know you told us but you said the same shit in 2000, 2001, 2002 etc... I didn't hear anyone em 2002 sayin' "Don't worry it'll be released in 2008 after two more tours and it'll be awesome". So don't come right now with your Nostradamus attitude.
And you knew it back then that it wouldnt get released, right Nostradamus?

My point of view of all this nonsense? Yeah , I'm one of the those that think that the probabilities of not being released are  bigger than the being released ones.
Because...? Please, just tell me one reasonable fact to back up this non-release theory other than wishful thinking.

It's just Axl said, It's just an album!!!! And you've been waiting for so long. During this journey of so many years great albuns were released, excellent movies and books were done.  Good bands were formed, break up and reunited!!! Move on!!! There's a world outside!!!! And this world don't stop!! While you're waiting this so called Masterpiece , you can be wastin a lot of others.

This is simple: LIVE AND LET DIE MOTHERFUCKER!!!!
Do you honestly think that everyone here is sitting behind the computer waiting for the album and had stopped listening to other bands since 1996?

rofl

fall, spring, or summer?

im thinking fall 2010 myself. by then all of robins parts will have successfully been redone and taken to a higher level
You used to support this band instead of making smartass comments...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 09:45:15 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: