Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:26:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR fans.Venues in your country for next GNR gig ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR fans.Venues in your country for next GNR gig ?  (Read 6426 times)
Megaguns
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007, 05:38:20 AM »

Eastern creek raceway, Australia just like they did in 93, Although i doubt they could pull a crowd that big, But who knows after CD comes out?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2007, 05:59:29 AM »

Eastern creek raceway, Australia just like they did in 93, Although i doubt they could pull a crowd that big, But who knows after CD comes out?

I would go down their to see it,
I was only 4 years old then, But now, I could go down their to see it ,
Definetly a huge f'kn capacity...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007, 08:45:47 AM »

Well, seeing as the Band seems to be like a run away train and everything will come good in regards to the album, that I have no doubt.
As they played Ireland in 2006 and played in the bleedin RDS for gods sake. Why on why they played there i'll never know. Circumstances with work prevented me from going the last time, but I WILL be there next time the band come to Ireland.

Anyway, the point is where in the Country would you like to see them play.
Personally being from Cork, I'd like to see them in the City but that isin't likely.

Another possibilty is Croker, but would the band fill out the stadium ? 70,000 + seats and the field makes me think not.

Maybe the odyssey in the North could be a venue.?

An outside chance would be in Millstreet, but this only holds 8,000 people.

And Slane could be another option either as a festival headliner or as a stand alone gig.

I am also from Cork? ok. Croke park and Slane are just too big for gnr without the album. I would give my right arm to have them play the "live at the marque" week in Cork next year, The Who, 50 cent, Faithless, Slayer all played there this year so they should have no problem attracting gnr. Its only a couple thousand people but it would be great to be that close up.

The could play Marley park that around 20,000+, which is a good size for a gig on there own. There always oxygen or the electric picnic but I cant see gnr playing oxygen as it is a very young crowd and the electric picnic might be a bit to laid back to have gnr. Any place in Ireland would be good. Grin

"to live with fortune and fame"
CSS
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007, 09:04:32 AM »

It would be amazing to see Guns N' Roses at Slane once more.

They could manage to play there with or without an album, trust me... Hell, they even "outsold" Metallica at the RDS last year.

Whenever they choose to tour in Europe again, they should (and probably will) go for 25,000+ venues.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2007, 09:29:22 AM »

Here in Belgium, it would be great to see them at the Roi Baudouin stadium, or even at the festival park in Werchter yes

A huge outdoor concert ... drool

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 10:55:04 AM »

It would be amazing to see Guns N' Roses at Slane once more.

They could manage to play there with or without an album, trust me... Hell, they even "outsold" Metallica at the RDS last year.

Whenever they choose to tour in Europe again, they should (and probably will) go for 25,000+ venues.

Slane is 80,000+, as far as I know the RDS didnt sell out, I no people that got there tickets a few hours before the show. Anyway Mountcharles wouldnt take the risk of slane not selling out, he needs the cash, hence the Stones this year. If they did a joint show with AC/DC or something it might happen but on there own without a record released in how many years I cant see it selling out.

"to live with fortune and fame"
CSS
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 11:17:16 AM »

I never said that they would sell it out, but they could easily play there and still have a really big crowd.

But I don't see it happening either, I think that they'll choose another place when they choose to come to Ireland again.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 12:07:58 PM »

We got a nice intimate little venue in our town ...

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 12:25:29 PM »

I never said that they would sell it out, but they could easily play there and still have a really big crowd.

But I don't see it happening either, I think that they'll choose another place when they choose to come to Ireland again.

My money would be on Marley..I think that place holds over 30,000. I think its a really cool place for a concert. They had no mosh pits either for the who or aerosmith which meant you could just make your way up no matter how late you arrive!

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
suicide
VIP

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 12:38:02 PM »

Well, seeing as the Band seems to be like a run away train and everything will come good in regards to the album, that I have no doubt.
As they played Ireland in 2006 and played in the bleedin RDS for gods sake. Why on why they played there i'll never know. Circumstances with work prevented me from going the last time, but I WILL be there next time the band come to Ireland.
I saw them at the RDS Arena last year. That venue served its purpose just fine! It's not the most modern place but that's not why we go to these concerts is it? It's a nice extra if the venue is special but it's not essential.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2007, 12:52:35 PM »

ive seen the band in a few different places...twice at MSG though....the MSG shows were def the best arena shows ive seen....but nothing compares to hammerstein last spring
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2007, 02:26:49 PM »

earls court, would be good for indoors.

i hope they play the nottingham arena again, just because i find it has excellent sound quality.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2007, 02:49:47 PM »

I don?t think GNR could play crock park or slane..Not even with a album to back it up..

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 03:34:48 PM »

"Ruckus Arena", It seats just under 24,000. They played there in June 91.

Down the road, Churchill downs. It can hold 170,000, but for shows, tickets are restricted to 50 or 60,000.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 03:38:09 PM »

although im from Holland i would love to see them play in the Royal Albert Hall (London)
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2007, 04:03:55 PM »

Although GNR has aready played 2 historic shows at this venue and Rock in Rio 2001 (which was not here) I would give my left nut to see this line up play

? Right the fuck here...The Maracana in RIO and i am pretty sure they could fill it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 04:07:52 PM by chriskon72 » Logged

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2007, 07:09:51 PM »

If they were to come to Scotland again, they'd likely play the SECC like they did last year.  Its not a great venue, but its the larget non-stadium gig in the country, and they couldn't sell out any of the Scottish staidia, except for maybe Easter Road, at a stretch.  Most hard rock/ metal bands play the SECC - I saw Maiden there last year, and VR, Incubus and Rammstien have all played there not long ago.  Still a crap venue, though - the sound is horrendous.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2007, 03:57:03 AM »

Here in Belgium, it would be great to see them at the Roi Baudouin stadium, or even at the festival park in Werchter yes

A huge outdoor concert ... drool

I seriously doubt they'll be able to fill the stadium, but I would love it since it's only a 10 minute walk from my place Grin
but I think I would prefer to see them in a smaller place, where I can actually see the guys from where Im standing, and not just some small dots way in the distance.
do you know the capacity of the stadium btw?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Zerocool2
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2007, 11:21:38 AM »

I think they should do a tour of all the professional football, basketball, and baseball arenas in the united states...make a road trip out of it.  take the night before the show off, watch a game (make it in the contract that they get box or floor seats to the game), and then the next night play the concert
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »

If they were to come to Scotland again, they'd likely play the SECC like they did last year.? Its not a great venue, but its the larget non-stadium gig in the country, and they couldn't sell out any of the Scottish staidia, except for maybe Easter Road, at a stretch.? Most hard rock/ metal bands play the SECC - I saw Maiden there last year, and VR, Incubus and Rammstien have all played there not long ago.? Still a crap venue, though - the sound is horrendous.

They should play the Barrowlands!  I fkn love that venue.  Can you imagine how deaf and pyro-burnt you'd be from seeing GnR there! amazing...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: