Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:27:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR fans.Venues in your country for next GNR gig ?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR fans.Venues in your country for next GNR gig ?  (Read 6430 times)
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« on: September 29, 2007, 06:06:19 PM »

Well, seeing as the Band seems to be like a run away train and everything will come good in regards to the album, that I have no doubt.
As they played Ireland in 2006 and played in the bleedin RDS for gods sake. Why on why they played there i'll never know. Circumstances with work prevented me from going the last time, but I WILL be there next time the band come to Ireland.

Anyway, the point is where in the Country would you like to see them play.
Personally being from Cork, I'd like to see them in the City but that isin't likely.

Another possibilty is Croker, but would the band fill out the stadium ? 70,000 + seats and the field makes me think not.

Maybe the odyssey in the North could be a venue. 

An outside chance would be in Millstreet, but this only holds 8,000 people.

And Slane could be another option either as a festival headliner or as a stand alone gig.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 08:41:04 PM by Irish gunner II » Logged
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 08:45:40 PM »

If I had my way, they come back here and play the Fillmore Detroit (formerly the State Theater). It's slightly larger then Hammerstein Ballroom and I'd love to see them in such a small environment again.

Really, they'll always be booked into Cobo Hall, Joe Louis Arena or the Palace Of Auburn Hills, but I'd still love to see a show at a place like the Fillmore.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 08:50:33 PM »

If I had my way, they come back here and play the Fillmore Detroit (formerly the State Theater). It's slightly larger then Hammerstein Ballroom and I'd love to see them in such a small environment again.

Really, they'll always be booked into Cobo Hall, Joe Louis Arena or the Palace Of Auburn Hills, but I'd still love to see a show at a place like the Fillmore.

Do you think they could fill out the venue in the first pic in my original post ? I try to be positive about things but I'm not sure they could fill it.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 08:53:02 PM »

i think that G'n'R after CHINESE DEMOCRACY would have no problem at all filling any one of those stadiums up to the brim.

I just hope that they come to the Qwest center here in Omaha, NE. That would make my life, its only 30 minutes away from where i live now. drool i can just see it now tixs go on sale after i've been waiting in line for the last 3 4 days. Since the albums release most of my friends would be into G'n'R instead of Lincoln Park ( puke ). I could actually see my whole school there. All the hot chicks with there short skirts and..... drool drool ?drool drool drool drool drool

omfg i cant wait beer headbanger

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
mustaine
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 09:23:28 PM »

Well, I'm from Iceland and first we need a promoter that actually has the guts to get GN'R to Iceland. A promoter (RR promotions) was offered GN'R on the last tour and the declined because of Axl's reputation. They told us so on their forum.

Given that they would actually get GN'R over here when Chinese Democracy is released there are few possibilities, three are the most probable.

Egilsh?ll: The biggest indoor venue... a football (soccer) building. Metallica, Maiden and Roger Waters have all played there. When Metallica played there were 18.000 people in there (keep in mind, Iceland is a country of just over 300.000 so that's a pretty large number). However, now they will probably not allow more than 15.000 for security reasons since people were fainting and shit during Metallica.

Laugardalsh?ll: A sports building, probably around 6000 people can be there at once. This building has the best sound of all the concert buildings in Iceland. Many artists have played there... too many to list.

Laugardalsv?llur: A fooball (soccer) field, I have no idea how many people could attend but probably around or over 20.000. However the timespan in which a concert can be held there is short, since it's used for football the whole summer and the winter is way too cold to play outside here.

Having said all this, I hope that GN'R come here on their next tour. GN'R have never played in Iceland so it would be really cool, Bumblefoot also mentioned in an interview that he really wanted to play here. And since Axl loves the nightlife, he'd be really happy here... fucking crazy nightlife.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 09:28:38 PM by mustaine » Logged
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 09:49:19 PM »

I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Guns N' Roses played 4 times here, the 4 times at the River Plate stadium which is the biggest argentine football stadium. I attended the fourth show, the last one with Slash/Duff, the 17th of july in 1993.

When Guns N' Roses played there, the total capacity of the stadium was around 76.500. Now the capacity has been drastically reduced due to the seats that were placed all around the grades. Now, if I'm not wrong, the total capacity is around 65.000.

I think Guns N' Roses can easily make one stadium show in Buenos Aires. There are other smaller stadiums like the Velez Sarsfield stadium (Queen, Manson and Nirvana played there) and obvioulsy there are some arenas, similar to the NBA ones, like the Luna Park Stadium (around 15.000+ people)

In my opinion, Guns N' Roses should do ONE show in Buenos Aires, at the River Plate stadium. Two dates there would be too much, but just one could easily sellout in a few days. If GNR dont want to make stadium shows, well, I think 3 shows at the Luna Park stadium would be great: more chances for me to see the band live, and the overall sound quality at the Luna Park stadium would be better, that's for sure.

For example, a less popular band than GN'R in argentina, Pearl Jam, did two stadium shows (Estadio Ferro) in 2005. I saw TONS of Guns N' Roses fans at the Evanescence/VelvetRevolver/Aerosmith show in april this year: lots and lots.

All I am sure is GNR has in Argentina around 60/70.000 people that are gonna go to the show.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 10:11:45 PM »

A cool venue in Athens, Greece is Karaiskaki Stadium...

http://www.stadia.gr/karaiskaki/karaiskaki.html

Way better than Terravibe (where they played last summer), in the city of Athens (which would draw a bigger crowd) and the company responsible for gigs there actually promotes them...

Not like Didi Music (last year's promoter) who did little to no promotion for last year's gig.

The Olympic Stadium would be huge for such a gig...

http://www.stadia.gr/oaka/oaka-f.html

If they played in my town (Thessaloniki) I'd like to see them at Kleanthis Vikelidis

http://www.stadia.gr/harilaou/harilaou.html

or Kaftanzoglio stadium...

http://www.stadia.gr/kaftanzoglio/kaftanzoglio.html
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 10:16:31 PM by Christos AG » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 10:37:36 PM »

Here in Vegas, I gotta say seeing them at The Joint was about perfect.   I'd also like to see them play the Pearl Concert Theatre in The Palms.
rockNroses
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 10:47:21 PM »

For they never played in eastern Germany and already cancelled two dates there (Berlin 2001 and Leipzig 2006), I suggest they could play a concert in the beautiful city of Leipzig.

The great composer Johann Sebastian Bach worked and is burried there. It is also the place from wich the demonstrations began that lead to the downfall of the Berlin Wall in 1989. It has a big university and a nice music scene. Lots of great bands played there, from Oasis to Rolling Stones. For it can also be reached in short time over the Autobahn from both Dresden and Berlin, the show would be sold out in two minutes I think.

THE ARENA (indoor) / ZENTRALSTADION (outdoor)
http://www.sportforum-leipzig.com/zsl.site,postext,arena-en.html?PHPSESSID=j1dhppo2r8apns553qurbmr940

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 11:56:26 PM »

Here in Vegas, I gotta say seeing them at The Joint was about perfect.? ?I'd also like to see them play the Pearl Concert Theatre in The Palms.

the joint is a great venue, but House of Blues is much better in vegas...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
gunsnfnroses
Headliner

You're fucking crazy!

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 12:05:15 AM »

Los Angeles wants you back Axl!
but come to Los Angeles proper

Staples Center

I'm a well-wisher, as in I don't wish you any specific harm
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 01:00:53 AM »

i would love to see them at the fleet center in boston just cus i live like 10 min from there but  that would? Fucken Rock!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 01:08:22 AM »

Wachovia Arena in Pennsylvania, Please?

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
elmir
VIP

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 07:33:07 AM »

In Johannesburg, SA, Coca Cola Dome is a 20.000 seater, but if they were hoping to get a stadium sized crowd, then Loftus Stadium in Pretoria is the one to go for....abotu an hours drive from jhb, most major international acts go between those two venues, depending on the size of the crowd they're hoping to attract....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 01:59:01 PM »

Locomotive Stadium, Sofia, Bulgaria (30.000) - At this place Black Sabbath, Iron Maidon, Depeche Mode and a lot others did great concerts. The other place could be the National Stadium 'Vasil Levski' which can host about 55.000 people. Now that would be great!

"...It don't really matter..."
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2007, 08:38:56 PM »

I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Guns N' Roses played 4 times here, the 4 times at the River Plate stadium which is the biggest argentine football stadium. I attended the fourth show, the last one with Slash/Duff, the 17th of july in 1993.

When Guns N' Roses played there, the total capacity of the stadium was around 76.500. Now the capacity has been drastically reduced due to the seats that were placed all around the grades. Now, if I'm not wrong, the total capacity is around 65.000.

I think Guns N' Roses can easily make one stadium show in Buenos Aires. There are other smaller stadiums like the Velez Sarsfield stadium (Queen, Manson and Nirvana played there) and obvioulsy there are some arenas, similar to the NBA ones, like the Luna Park Stadium (around 15.000+ people)

In my opinion, Guns N' Roses should do ONE show in Buenos Aires, at the River Plate stadium. Two dates there would be too much, but just one could easily sellout in a few days. If GNR dont want to make stadium shows, well, I think 3 shows at the Luna Park stadium would be great: more chances for me to see the band live, and the overall sound quality at the Luna Park stadium would be better, that's for sure.

For example, a less popular band than GN'R in argentina, Pearl Jam, did two stadium shows (Estadio Ferro) in 2005. I saw TONS of Guns N' Roses fans at the Evanescence/VelvetRevolver/Aerosmith show in april this year: lots and lots.

All I am sure is GNR has in Argentina around 60/70.000 people that are gonna go to the show.

by the way, these are the two places I've mentioned:

Luna Park Stadium (15.000+)

River Plate Stadium:

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2007, 10:49:46 PM »

Los Angeles wants you back Axl!
but come to Los Angeles proper

Staples Center

Hey Paul!

For me, Staples was always my dream GN'R show, BUT:

The floor is not cool, because they have seats!  Seats on the floor!  That is insane!

Esteban, River Plate would be most amazing.  Argentinian crowds are among the best. 
Chief
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 11:36:00 PM »

Staples Center sound isn't really the best so until they improve that i wouldn't be too happy if they chose that venue.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 11:46:27 PM »

Parken (50.000 +), Denmark or  Forum Horsens (85.000), Denmark

« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 12:15:48 AM by Dark Angel » Logged

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 01:23:43 AM »

If Gn'R return to the Netherlands with CD in stores I think the Amsterdam Arena (50.000+) could be an option.

Without CD the Gelredome could be a good alternative (26.000)...

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: