Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:48:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228483 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver--album #3
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver--album #3  (Read 35499 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2007, 05:15:11 PM »

As for winning or not winning the argument, well I did win the old argument about having the right to post here and it being about changes in musical styles, not only about lineup changes.

You haven't won anything. All you did was go on and on about how you have the "right" to post whatever you want on this board. You completely ignore the fact that this is a privately owned and operated site and that the owner can make up any rule they want (including but not limited to what you can or can not post about). But hey if that's you're concept of "winning" an argument then more power to you, you certainly have low standards of winning.  ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2007, 05:24:17 PM »

You clearly have no concept of morals and what to say and not to say.

you have no clue who I am so I don't really think you can judge that.

Nice....  Roll Eyes

Being from Europe one would think that Jarmo would have been more educated on the matter.

I know what it means. That's why I don't get your "you offended a bunch of people" shit. You still haven't explained it in a way where I could even imagine what the fuck you're babbling about.

By your logic, the history books in school are offending certain people because they mention the nazis.

If you accomplished anything , it was to pat your own back. Applaud yourself once again. Gotta admit, you're very good at telling us how you can outwit us and how you have morals which I apparently lack.

Unfortunately you're still as clueless on the subject of this site as you were before you posted in this thread.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2007, 06:18:18 PM »

LOL this has to have degraded into one of the stupidest argument ever, where do you guys even muster the motivation or care to join in.  Soon no one will even have an idea why they started arguing in the first place
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2007, 06:42:55 PM »

LOL this has to have degraded into one of the stupidest argument ever, where do you guys even muster the motivation or care to join in.? Soon no one will even have an idea why they started arguing in the first place

lol you?re right you know!  ok  Reading what you said really made me laugh now  rofl Oh well...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2007, 07:49:02 PM »

LOL this has to have degraded into one of the stupidest argument ever, where do you guys even muster the motivation or care to join in.  Soon no one will even have an idea why they started arguing in the first place

You know, it's amusing when people who disagree with the way this place is run (because it doesn't fit their agenda) start arguing with me about shit just to show that they are tough enough to do it.

This while claiming to be able to "outwit" others and claiming others lack morals etc.

And, not forgetting, the old "I'll probably get banned for saying this" clich? these people use.

Nobody has gotten banned for saying "I think your site sucks!" or "I think your rules suck!".

You get banned because you're an idiot who doesn't know better. In nine cases out of ten..... Then there's always somebody who thinks spamming is "fun".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »

You know what, it's just hilarious how much time you waste on this section of the board. For someone that claims they hate VR you appear to be here more than you are on the GNR board in the GNR section. You look at the VR board and you're always here your name appears everywhere, while you appear now and then in the GNR section. If I had time to waste it would be fun to do a comparison between the number of posts you've made here in the last year vs the GNR section. You're the one that seems to have an agenda.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2007, 10:28:48 PM »

You know what, it's just hilarious how much time you waste on this section of the board. For someone that claims they hate VR you appear to be here more than you are on the GNR board in the GNR section. You look at the VR board and you're always here your name appears everywhere, while you appear now and then in the GNR section. If I had time to waste it would be fun to do a comparison between the number of posts you've made here in the last year vs the GNR section. You're the one that seems to have an agenda.

Hahahaha!  rofl

Go back to that old argument now.

I'd spend way less time in this section if it wasn't for people like you. That's for sure.

Now, can you change the subject once more? You've only tried to change the focus a couple of times in this thread alone when you're running out of answers.....

/jarmo

darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2007, 11:00:07 PM »

Ok, what do you want to talk about o' great master of the GNR board? I don't think you've won anything by saying "fuck you this is my board and we talk about what I want" and that's basically your response for everything. You have no logic to anything you say whatsoever. I guess it's a good strategy though cause you just bore people to death with your repetitive statements.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2007, 11:04:59 PM »

*hands darth monkey a kleenex* 

there there lil buddy.    I know you miss Slash.   One of these years you'll get over it.  hihi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2007, 11:16:19 PM »

Ok, what do you want to talk about o' great master of the GNR board? I don't think you've won anything by saying "fuck you this is my board and we talk about what I want" and that's basically your response for everything. You have no logic to anything you say whatsoever. I guess it's a good strategy though cause you just bore people to death with your repetitive statements.

They might be repetitive, but it's only thanks to people like you who simply don't fucking get it!

You can argue all you want, what it comes down to is that we have certain rules and we're not gonna bend them for you.

Get it?

I mean, how fucking difficult can it be to get that?

Are you also questioning every law they have in your country and demand they're changed to fit your needs?

Do you go around to your friend's houses and tell them how their places should look like and what they can do at home?

Do you walk into a Burger King and start telling them it's your right to tell them what to do since you bought your burger there?

Keep arguing.

You really amuse me.

Fuck you, it's not your site and we have rules which you have no influence over.  Kiss

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2007, 12:46:20 AM »

I don't understand why fans of New GNR want VR to fail so bad.

If VR fails its only gonna make a reunion that much more realistic.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2007, 01:58:54 AM »

Take your pick. Some fans...

1) ... just plain dislike anybody but Axl and Izzy from the original band and hence want the others to fail to prove
       their point that Axl was the only creating driving force in GN'R.

2) ...believe that everybody other than Axl was responsible for the breakup of GN'R and hence they should fail,
      dammit!

3) ... hate Slash and Duff for their lawsuits against Axl.

4) ... want VR to fail to make their wait for CD seem meaningful. I mean, you really must be a fool to wait for CD
       when the others are putting out great music, right?

5) ... hate Scott for his comments on Axl.

Free feel to add others as you see fit...

Fuck 'Em All.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2007, 03:16:31 AM »

If VR fails its only gonna make a reunion that much more realistic.

what becomes of VR will have no effect whatsoever on the whole original GNR reunion situation.   The only guy from the original 5 who wants it is Steven Adler.   Axl doesn't, and that has nothing to do with VR being successful or failing.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2007, 03:35:07 AM »

Take your pick. Some fans...

1) ... just plain dislike anybody but Axl and Izzy from the original band and hence want the others to fail to prove
 their point that Axl was the only creating driving force in GN'R.

2) ...believe that everybody other than Axl was responsible for the breakup of GN'R and hence they should fail,
 dammit!

3) ... hate Slash and Duff for their lawsuits against Axl.

4) ... want VR to fail to make their wait for CD seem meaningful. I mean, you really must be a fool to wait for CD
 when the others are putting out great music, right?

5) ... hate Scott for his comments on Axl.

Free feel to add others as you see fit...

6) ... are afraid VR will be a competition for Axl.

7) ... are afraid VR's music will actually be better than Axl's. (of course, even if they would think so, they would never bring themselves to admit it!)

I have more, but they don't come to mind right now. will add when I remember!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 03:37:38 AM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2007, 03:46:50 AM »

you guys are all way off.  i dont think anyone is rooting for anyone to fail.  i personally don't really care if they are successful or not.  if they release quality music, people will buy it. 

Maybe... just maybe, we think there is too much talent in that band for them to be releasing the mediocre crap they put out? 

I for one, expected much much much better from the much hyped Slash/Weiland project of 2003.
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2007, 03:49:36 AM »

I'm not saying he's right, but he does have a point. Some people here think GNR is Axl, which it isn't. It's a band. But their loyalty is to one person and one person only. And there are a few of those flamers here, especially some of the people that are in the VR section just to bash VR cause they think that's what Axl wants. I think his post was dedicated to those poor misguided souls.

Axl, Axl, Axl....

His point is that you can be a GN'R fan and hate Axl.

Then you don't like GN'R. You like the GN'R that once existed and only exists in your mind these days.

/jarmo

thanks Jarmo your theories are helpin' me a lot. I'm meetin' myself a lot.  hihi

how old are you?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2007, 04:03:52 AM »

I'm not saying he's right, but he does have a point. Some people here think GNR is Axl, which it isn't. It's a band. But their loyalty is to one person and one person only. And there are a few of those flamers here, especially some of the people that are in the VR section just to bash VR cause they think that's what Axl wants. I think his post was dedicated to those poor misguided souls.

Axl, Axl, Axl....

His point is that you can be a GN'R fan and hate Axl.

Then you don't like GN'R. You like the GN'R that once existed and only exists in your mind these days.

/jarmo

thanks Jarmo your theories are helpin' me a lot. I'm meetin' myself a lot. hihi

how old are you?

I do believe you can view that in his profile if you want to, I don't know what you're getting at though.

and Jarmo, isn't it theoretically possible to be a fan of the current members of GNR, minus Axl?
that would mean you like 7 outta 8 guys within one band (or is it 8 outta 9 with the current drummer situation?). if that's the case, I would call you a fan of the band.
not that I know if such a person exists, but it is possible. and in that case, you could say that person likes GNR without liking Axl.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2007, 04:20:11 AM »

thanks for the info hillel

talkin' about axl, i never said i'm not an axl fan. I'm a hardcore axl fan and like what i've heard from his new band but because he has the legacy to name his band GNR it doesn't mean that his new band should be named GNR. Axl was the voice and the frontman and was an important piece of the cake that made me fall in love with GNR but not the unique. Of course this is only my opinion.
I personally think Steven adler is doin' similar (tribute concerts) than Axl but on a lower level and without the name. I told it a lot of times, it's like havin' bonham and plant doin' their thing separately. or Ullrich and Heitfield or many others

peace and keep on rockin'

P.d.:upps i almost forget it  Jarmo I love you  love
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2007, 06:57:04 AM »

I'm a hardcore axl fan and like what i've heard from his new band
thats cool.  but you shoulda stopped right here

but because he has the legacy to name his band GNR it doesn't mean that his new band should be named GNR.

BUT BUT BUT

I like the band but ....   Roll Eyes

well I'm glad you have an opinion on it, but your opinion on what should and shouldn't be GnR doesn't fucking matter so shut up about it already.    Obviously the person who owns the rights to the name Guns N' Roses is the person to make that call.   What can you do about it?   Not a damn thing.  So maybe you should drop this already and either accept it or fuck off.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2007, 07:09:46 AM »

Does the same apply for the vice versa situation?

VR's success doesn't affect me in any way.

I get excited when some of my favorite bands release albums, announce tours, have new videos on TV etc. VR does nothing like that to me so if their album sells 1000000 or 1000 in a week doesn't affect me at all.

But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to comment on the things they do or say.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: