Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:35:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver--album #3
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver--album #3  (Read 35582 times)
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2007, 09:39:41 AM »

I'm not saying that the board should be about the old lineup, I'm just saying it should be more open-minded to other peoples opinions, like the way it used to be. There is a real conform or get out attitude, not by all by by the radical Axl supporters...and to be perfectly honest it is a little creepy.

This is a privately owned board, you're right about that. But this is also a discussion board and as far as I know a discussion board means you should be able to discuss almost anything and doesn't give somone the power to tell you what your opinions should or should not be.

These so called rules, are they posted anywhere. Does it ever say you can only reflect certain opinions? If you want to run it like that then lets be honest and have a huge as background of Axl and we can have a "cause Axl said so" page of rules which tell you what you must say and what opinions you can have to post on this board. Or we can embrace GNR as a whole, past, present, and future and be allowed to speak our minds and not be banned or told to fuck off because of it.
madagas
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2007, 09:44:06 AM »

deep breath....let it go.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2007, 10:53:40 AM »

This is a privately owned board, you're right about that. But this is also a discussion board and as far as I know a discussion board means you should be able to discuss almost anything and doesn't give somone the power to tell you what your opinions should or should not be.

For fuck's sake. I'm not saying everybody should share my opinion. I'm saying, this board is "aimed" at certain people who SHARE some of my views.

Let me give you an example:

You have a big house party. You got guests from all over the world. Different backgrounds, religions etc.

A bunch of neo nazis show up in full nazi uniforms shouting and being obnoxious. You know it's gonna bring people at your party down and ruin the mood if you let them in.

But the nazis tell you they have the right to be there and they have freedom of speech so they can keep shouting things that upset most of your guests.

So, would you let them in considering you don't share their views? Or would you just tell them they need to find another place to go to since this isn't the right place for them?

Regarding my question, it's still there. Go look for it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2007, 12:34:34 PM »

^ You have to feel like you are beating your head against a wall sometime. Regarding your analogy, I get the guests together and kick their ass'.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2007, 01:04:31 PM »

Ok, you're going a little to the extreme there buddy. First of alll the nazis were racist and tried to extreminate the Jews. I don't think anyone of us is trying to kill anyone. If anything this extreme example may apply to you more since you are the one filling this section with anti-VR propaganda and you only want one race on this board, the people that worship only the most recent GNR lineup.

Anyways, if we want to continue with this discussion I would feel more confortable leaving the nazis out of it. I don't think race and religion has any place in the discussion we are having and others may find it extremely offensive. I don't mind using analogies to prove a point, in fact I applaud for for at least trying, but try to choose something that isa  little less politically sensitive.
CSS
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2007, 01:08:55 PM »

For crying out loud... Roll Eyes

It's his fucking board, deal with it!
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2007, 01:16:55 PM »

You're right it is just a fucking board, but I'm sure the people that were jewish and killed simply because they were of a different religion would not think of it the same way. It's just a fucking band and fucking music, we don't need to take it to extremes. Lets just keep it realistic.
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2007, 02:06:48 PM »

Yeah man, you just have to come to terms with what this place stands for and what it is all  about. In the end you still get the last laugh because face it,  people coming in here solely to say VR suck, Scotts a drug addict, Slash is a poser, etc, dedicate their time to something they apparently don't like. I could understand one post, explaining how you were dissapointed by VR due to the alumni in the band, and you expected something different but when you keep coming back and back and back, that is just funny. There are some obvious other motives to people like that, maybe their feelings were hurt by VRs success, maybe they secretly like VR more than they want to admit, maybe they enjoy online arguing, who knows. If I don't like something, I don't go to message boards about it once a day, So I can't relate or understand those people at all but it still cracks me up  rofl.

As an analogy, it is like going down to the baseball field, standing in the middle of the diamond while people are playing baseball. Then beginning to walk around the different bases telling the people playing why baseball sucks. I LOVE VR's music, so you telling me scott is too skinny or slash's solos are too short isn't going to change that one bit.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2007, 02:22:22 PM »

You're right it is just a fucking board, but I'm sure the people that were jewish and killed simply because they were of a different religion would not think of it the same way. It's just a fucking band and fucking music, we don't need to take it to extremes. Lets just keep it realistic.

Well, I got to try to make you understand that you might not want certain company at your party.

Seems like you didn't get that part. Hardly surprising.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2007, 02:49:12 PM »

Nope I got it, I just think it's pathetic and VERY DISTURBING comparing nazis to GNR fans who prefer the muscial direction the old lineup had taken to this one. Are you a moron? Do you even understand what the nazis did?

A few days ago you banned someone from the site for using a certain term to refer to gay people. I did think he was out of line and perhaps deserve to be banned from the site, however you making light of nazis is WAY worse. Guess this just goes to further your double standards. It's ok if people run their mouths and say all kinds of outrageous things as long as they don't put down the new GNR lineup. You my friend are a disgrace to the human race.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2007, 02:57:58 PM »

Nope I got it, I just think it's pathetic and VERY DISTURBING comparing nazis to GNR fans who prefer the muscial direction the old lineup had taken to this one. Are you a moron? Do you even understand what the nazis did?

A few days ago you banned someone from the site for using a certain term to refer to gay people. I did think he was out of line and perhaps deserve to be banned from the site, however you making light of nazis is WAY worse. Guess this just goes to further your double standards. It's ok if people run their mouths and say all kinds of outrageous things as long as they don't put down the new GNR lineup. You my friend are a disgrace to the human race.

I?m sure it was just an example... he wasn?t saying Gn?R fans were nazis lol god!

I agree with you in many things... but I think you should give it a rest already.  ok The reason why ppl end up being banned is that they keep on discussing the same things till they get pissed off and start insulting each other you know?

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2007, 03:12:32 PM »

I?m sure it was just an example... he wasn?t saying Gn?R fans were nazis lol god!

See? Somebody got it.

I'll spell it our for you once again:

#1: I don't want certain kinds of people on this board because they try to bring everybody else down and start shit.

#2: You can use your freedom of speech on your own site. I'm giving you the freedom to choose. This place is not some kind of service you've paid for so you can demand to have it your way.

You my friend are a disgrace to the human race.

Thanks.

By the way, I'm not your friend.

/jarmo

darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2007, 03:21:45 PM »

I know you weren't calling GNR fans nazis, I think the pure fact that you used it and don't even realise what you did shows how ignorant you are. It proves that you have very little respect for others and yourself. I understand what you're saying but the method you used to show it are idiotic. And what's worse is that you just shrug it off instead of apologizing to those you may have insulted.

And I am not demanding it be my way, I think it should be a fair and democratic way. Like I said before you can ban people who don't agree with you, that is your power (and you do abuse it). You can keep getting rid of people until it is just people who have the same exact opinion as you. Than there will be less discussion, cause if you all have the smae opinion there is no use in discussion. And you can all live happily ever after.

BTW...You are right, you aren't my friend. That is a figure of speech, but I still stand by my statement.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2007, 03:46:43 PM »

I know you weren't calling GNR fans nazis, I think the pure fact that you used it and don't even realise what you did shows how ignorant you are. It proves that you have very little respect for others and yourself. I understand what you're saying but the method you used to show it are idiotic. And what's worse is that you just shrug it off instead of apologizing to those you may have insulted.

crying

You take yourself way too seriously.

As far as I know, I didn't insult anybody because people UNDERSTAND what I meant instead of taking it literally.

Who the hell did I insult by mentioning the word nazi and the phrase "neo nazi" when trying to explain to some VR fans what this site is about?

The Germans on this board? The Jewish community? Poland? People who were affected by The Blitz in London?

Did you know the nazis burned down a big part of Northern Finland during WW2? I'm Finnish. Did I insult myself too?

Please explain.

Maybe you get offended by watching the History Channel too?

For the record: I don't sympathize with the people who actually are on the far right.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 03:48:16 PM by jarmo » Logged

darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2007, 04:01:24 PM »

I myself was not personality insulted, but yes some of those people that you did mention might find it offensive. You just threw the term out in a totally inappropriate context. Please tell me what is different from what you have just done here compared to the person that used a derogatory term to describe homosexuals? Why does he have to follow so-called rules and you are above them, other than the fact that you are the creator of this board?

Politically, I do not support extreme right or left views, I'm probably more in the center.

Anyways as someone did mention earlier this is getting way of topic and I do apologize to other members of the board for that. It just bugs me that people can be so ignorant sometimes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2007, 04:36:51 PM »

I myself was not personality insulted, but yes some of those people that you did mention might find it offensive. You just threw the term out in a totally inappropriate context. Please tell me what is different from what you have just done here compared to the person that used a derogatory term to describe homosexuals?

Let's see.

Warning, people offended by certain words, stop reading now!

Person A: I hate faggots.

Person B: I'm a nazi and I hate the Jews.

Me: Imagine if a bunch of neo nazis came to your party.....

I see the difference. You don't?

The guy who used the phrase "sucking Axl's cock" was first telling me something about a civilized discussion and is now giving me lessons on what's inappropriate.

Where have you been every time I've been called a nazi, a Stalinist, Hitler etc.?

I didn't call anybody on this board a nazi or neo nazi. I painted a picture for you to think about. You just try to start going on about one word. Claiming people are insulted without even mentioning why.

I'm sure I'll offend a lot of people now too: FUCK!

It's funny how you get hung up on a word and me swearing.

While giving me lesson on freedom of speech!

/jarmo

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2007, 04:38:10 PM »

I myself was not personality insulted, but yes some of those people that you did mention might find it offensive. You just threw the term out in a totally inappropriate context. Please tell me what is different from what you have just done here compared to the person that used a derogatory term to describe homosexuals? Why does he have to follow so-called rules and you are above them, other than the fact that you are the creator of this board?

Politically, I do not support extreme right or left views, I'm probably more in the center.

Anyways as someone did mention earlier this is getting way of topic and I do apologize to other members of the board for that. It just bugs me that people can be so ignorant sometimes.

Those people you're so worried about being offended also might not appreciate the phony righteousness you put on for the sake of trying (and failing miserably) to win an argument.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2007, 04:39:56 PM »

Those people you're so worried about being offended also might not appreciate the phony righteousness you put on for the sake of trying (and failing miserably) to win an argument.

Good call..... Didn't think of that.  ok

/jarmo

darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2007, 04:52:18 PM »

I wasn't wasn't an active posting member when you were called a nazi. I don't think it's right that you were. My point was refering to people as faggots or nazis or comparing their attitude to nazis is all wrong. I do swear, I admit that and I did make a comment about certain members of this board having their lips around Axl's cock, and yes you are free to say what you want, even the nazi comment. Go ahead, say it till you turn blue in the face I don't care. I think most people here already know what kind of person you are. You clearly have no concept of morals and what to say and not to say. I'm done with the nazi argument, I've stated that I felt what you said was wrong.

As for me putting on a phony righteous, well you have no clue who I am so I don't really think you can judge that. As for winning or not winning the argument, well I did win the old argument about having the right to post here and it being about changes in musical styles, not only about lineup changes. For the nazi argument, no one won. That was stupid and I wish the whole thing had never happened or that I had stoped arguing about it a while ago cause it is clear that Jarmo (and certain others) do not understand what that word is associated with. Being from Europe one would think that Jarmo would have been more educated on the matter.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2007, 04:58:27 PM »

I wasn't wasn't an active posting member when you were called a nazi. I don't think it's right that you were. My point was refering to people as faggots or nazis or comparing their attitude to nazis is all wrong. I do swear, I admit that and I did make a comment about certain members of this board having their lips around Axl's cock, and yes you are free to say what you want, even the nazi comment. Go ahead, say it till you turn blue in the face I don't care. I think most people here already know what kind of person you are. You clearly have no concept of morals and what to say and not to say. I'm done with the nazi argument, I've stated that I felt what you said was wrong.

As for me putting on a phony righteous, well you have no clue who I am so I don't really think you can judge that. As for winning or not winning the argument, well I did win the old argument about having the right to post here and it being about changes in musical styles, not only about lineup changes. For the nazi argument, no one won. That was stupid and I wish the whole thing had never happened or that I had stoped arguing about it a while ago cause it is clear that Jarmo (and certain others) do not understand what that word is associated with. Being from Europe one would think that Jarmo would have been more educated on the matter.

Are you really serious about that nazi-matter?? Huh I mean you took it very seriously. I ain?t here to defend anybody (but myself) but I think you are kinda overreacting on that matter. I?m an european too and I didn?t get it personal. Maybe I have some different humor from you.... I dunno but I just saw it as an example/comparation or whatever... didn?t feel it was there to insult anybody. Anyway, if this discussion wasn?t pushed this far we wouldn?t have read it you know. Just give it a rest man? Smiley I learnt myself that any discussion on that matter is just useless and makes us lose our time and patience for nothing.? ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: