Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:21:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228486 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver--album #3
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver--album #3  (Read 35549 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2007, 12:12:36 PM »

What I don't like about the board currently, is that there seems to be a need to walk the party line, to not say anything that could be in some way possible interpreted as anit-GNR, and that also includes appearently liking other kinds of music and especially VR, cause if you like VR you don't like the current GNR.

What the fuck are you talking about?

So now we need to trash VR, and post in the VR section because well VR fans are evil and they hate GNR and they shouldn't exist but I'll keep the section of the board up and we'll trash VR and if we do it enough they might start to hate VR as well and become only GNR fans. I'm just assuming that is your logic, whether that is true or not I don't know

Once again: clueless.

There isn't a better person to ask that the person themselves. Why is it you have a VR section to this board and you frequently vist and post on it. You post material that one could make a strong case for that it should be classified as hate material. As a true GNR fan of all lineups and music; past, present, and future...what do you get out of coming here almost everyday and stating you hate VR and their music?

I find it amusing that someone who's clearly the smartest member here and who can outwit us all, still don't get it.

This section isn't for me.

But there are GN'R fans (yes, people who like GN'R in 2007, not just the old band) who like to keep up with VR.

I personally try to keep up with all the bullshit they say and point out certain things that I find amusing or false.

Hate material? What the fuck is that?

Is it like a hate crime?

You're not forced to "suck Weiland's cock" (using your own kind of phrase so that you'll understand) to be allowed to post on this site.

GUNS N' ROSES does not equal VELVET REVOLVER in any fucking way.

Just like you're not forced to support Adler's Appetite, Supernova or Slash's Snakepit to be welcome here.

We don't give a fuck if you hate VR or if you love them, as long as you support the current GN'R that still exists instead of supporting some fucking reunion.

We are in October 2007. We have a band to support right now.

Whatever happened in the past, is in the past and it was great. Whatever happens in the future, we'll deal with it then.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2007, 02:15:29 PM »

Way to go...great response. I never said I was smarter than everyone here. What I did say was that I could piece together a logical argument and out-talk you any day and this proves it. Instead of responding to what I wrote you went on a swearing tirade. How many time did you say fuck? You say nothing about the musical style of GNR changing, nothing with regards to the differences between AFD and Lies I highlighted. I'm not sure you responded to a single thing I said. Basically you just said fuck you it's my board I can do what I want. Wow...you're my hero, thank God you don't represent what all GNR fans are like. Now if you want to have a civil discussion, go back to my previous post and we can discuss some of those points in a logical matter. Or if you want, if you think I'm so clueless why don't you explain what you're great vission is with this board and how you are making a difference in our petty lives by running it so admirably the way you do?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2007, 02:28:40 PM »

Boo-hoo. You were offended by some swearing.  crying

I explained what this site is about, there's no (fucking) vision other than I want the kind of site I'd visit myself.

There's differences between different GN'R albums? Holy shit!

So just because you prefer AFD to UYI, you think you have the right to constantly bash the UYI era of the band?

Is that what you're saying?

Because, at the end of the day, you say you can like one album better than the other and still be a fan.

Sure you can.

But does it mean you have to come here to bash the current band and expect to be welcomed just because you prefer AFD to anything else they've done?

No it doesn't.

I know there are differences in the band's music. Many bands have changed their sound and line ups over their careers. I bet they also had fans who supported the current line up even though maybe they preferred one of the old albums to the current one.

It doesn't mean we have to cater to an audience who's only interested in one past era of the band.

Now if you want to have a civil discussion,

This comes from the guy who said:

So you're only allowed to come here if you're gonna suck Axl's cock?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 02:32:39 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAC185
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2007, 02:30:09 PM »

This section isn't for me.

But there are GN'R fans (yes, people who like GN'R in 2007, not just the old band) who like to keep up with VR.

This is the key here. I'm a HUGE VR fan, arguably moreso than a GNR fan today (maybe just because i find it hard to sustain enthusiasm for the band during down periods) but i have to say.....Jarmo doesn't necessarily have a problem with VR fans, he has a problem with people who aren't GNR fans. Whether they like VR or not. Simple as.

So when someone's response in this section is along the lines of 'yeah well....Axl is shit' it appears they aren't GNR fans, in which case its simply nonsensical that they visit this board at all. Forgive me if i'm putting words in your mouth Jarmo, but i've always felt that to be the point.

On topic, i'm hoping to one day to get an album from VR where they really flex their musical muscle, no-one can deny the potential within that band. Two good, but not 'great' albums down the line, VR is still less than the sum of its parts (studio wise) unfortunately.
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2007, 04:15:23 PM »

Well I guess you missed the point about the albums. To tell you the truth, I vary about album choices. Some days AFD is my favorite, other it's the Illusions albums and yet others it may be the Spagethi Incident. I like all the material they put out. What I was getting to is that regardless of lineup there may be changes in the musical direction of the band, the most current being the most obvious, cause they really appear to be getting away from the hard rock blues influence. My point is just because someone may not like the direction as much doees not make them anti-GNR, one should be allowed to prefer the old stuff better, just as some people will prefer their new musical direction over the old one.

A classic example of this is Metallica. There was a huge fight among fans over Metallica, something similar to this and their lineup didn't even change. The uproar started a little when the Black album came out but all shit broke loose for the Load album. The style of their music was really different and they dressed differently and so on. Metallica lost some die hard fans, but at the same time they also touched a new fan base, there was a group of people that became Metallica fans that would never have listened to any of their previous stuff. I see the same happening with GNR, will they gain more fans than they loose, I don't know time will tell. All that I'm saying is that you should not alienate people because they may not agree 100% with the musical direction the band is going in. The last Metallica album was maybe more true to their roots according to some people than some of the previous stuff. I don't think there is anything wrong with a GNR fan saying that they hope the band one day releases another album that may be more of a hard rock blue genre. That in no way demonstrates that they aren't a GNR fan.

You often attack someone and get on their case when they state something, you seem to have to go on the defensive for GNR or something, when instead you should find out what the person is talking about before jumping on them right away. There are probably several people that are faced with the above dilema and instead they have you jumping on them stating that they aren't a true GNR fan and you should respect Axl and the current band is GNR and that's the only vehicle there is for a GNR fan of the past, present, or future and well that's bullshit.

I agree there is a lot of shit that is said that shoudn't be said about GNR in this section and on this board (as well as other boards). But at the same time we don't need to take it to extreme with regards to the VR stuff that is posted especially on this board. The board is terrible for mis-quotes and lies being spread about VR. How does it make it right to bash a band cause you're pissed that someone just trashed your band.

As the webmaster of this board you should take a little pride, and think twice before you post shit. Perhaps if you set a better example others might follow, or on the other hand I guess we could just say fuck this and fuck that and never really reply to the actual posters comments and just type angry shit all day.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2007, 06:42:26 PM »

As I said, I couldn't really care less if you only like Live Like A Suicide.

This site is not meant for those fans who are only fans of the past.

If I'm "attacking" anybody, it's because I want those people to be 100& sure about why we're here and why they might be on the wrong fucking site.

It's like going to an Indian restaurant and telling them you want to have Italian food because that's what you're used to eating.

Then tell the employees they're fucking wrong for not welcoming people who wanna order Italian food and ruin the mood for the rest of the customers.....

But at the same time we don't need to take it to extreme with regards to the VR stuff that is posted especially on this board. The board is terrible for mis-quotes and lies being spread about VR. How does it make it right to bash a band cause you're pissed that someone just trashed your band.

Oh please.  Roll Eyes

Do I need to remind you that this is not a VR site?

The focus is not on that band at all here......

As the webmaster of this board you should take a little pride, and think twice before you post shit. Perhaps if you set a better example others might follow, or on the other hand I guess we could just say fuck this and fuck that and never really reply to the actual posters comments and just type angry shit all day.

I don't post shit. I post what I think.

Remember how you complained about freedom of speech?

So, you want to have it, but you don't want me to be able to express myself on the site I actually started....

You want to be able to whine about GN'R on a GN'R site, but I shouldn't be able to say things like "I guess VR hasn't sold out any shows on this tour" on a GN'R board?

What kind of an equation is that?

/jarmo

darkdays_01
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2007, 10:14:07 PM »

I'm not saying he's right, but he does have a point. Some people here think GNR is Axl, which it isn't. It's a band. But their loyalty is to one person and one person only. And there are a few of those flamers here, especially some of the people that are in the VR section just to bash VR cause they think that's what Axl wants. I think his post was dedicated to those poor misguided souls.

Fuck that shit.

I bash VR because I think they are washed up poseurs, and the albums sucks, specially the new one.

And I'm not here for them, not at all. I'm here for GN'R. The long gone one too but it's evident that I'm here because of the GN'R that was kicking ass the past couple of years.

If you think that there is people here that bash VR just to please Axl Rose then you must be crazy.

Exactly fuck that shit. I really try not to get into these little VR vs. GNR threads but shit like this numbnuts posted is what gets under my skin.

How in the fuck can you call the guys in VR washed up poseurs ? I mean come on dude, face a little bit of reality here.? Calling a band that releases material washed up, whilst on the other hand licking another bands nuts that dont release a fucking album in 13 plus years. That is absurd.? That has to be the dumbest fucking post i have read on this board.? You people are so far in denial now your just grasping for straws anymore these days.

Then Jarmo , you come into a thread that is going completely fine and make your smart ass comments. I think we all know what your deal is. Yes, yes sir.

Dont get me wrong, i do hope that Axl releases his album because his band is very talented, and it will be cool to see what those guys do playing there own stuff. You gotta give those guys in that band credit , it would have to be harder than hell to be in that band. Must be getting paid well. I mean what the hell could be holding it up now ? Sebastian Bach's? new cd coaster. Atleast we know Axl can still put on a set of headphones. Roll Eyes

Just remember the next time your jamming out at a GnR show, assuming there is another tour. Just remember those kick ass guitar licks and bass lines would not be possible if it wasn't for those washed up poseurs.?

And i am not slamming all new Guns fans, there are some who may or may not like VR but still give the original guys props. It isnt even about liking VR to me . Although VR is one of my favorite bands, i was also a big STP fan aswell as GnR. I just get sick of hearing all of the shit toward the original guys, they were just as instrumental as Axl to the creation of GnR.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 10:35:11 PM by darkdays_01 » Logged
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2007, 10:36:31 PM »

Wow...love the last post man, classic Jarmo, here we are talking about changes in musical styles and I even brought in Metallica and showed an example with a band that kept it's lineup intact but changed their style. Response from Jarmo is basically "My way or the highway fucker" and then proceeds to say VR can't sell out shows. Great response. It's getting fucking sad dude. Get some new material. I'm actually starting to get emails from members now applauding me for standing up to you. For calling you out on your BS rules and dictatorship philosophies. People are getting tired of you trying to dictate what they can express and not express here. I have a feeling I'll probably just get banned soon because sooner or later but whatever. Hopefully more and more people will call you on your BS, I really don't have the time to continue this argument forever especially when you don't even that the time to read and process things and I just get your standard "Fuck you, VR suck and Axl rules response". Try mixing it up a little show some variety.
darkdays_01
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2007, 10:46:11 PM »

This is classic dude , "Fuck you, VR suck and Axl rules response".  That is the ruler 's typical reply after he starts his bullshit isnt it. Why the fuck do you have a VR section ? I mean how many times have you been asked this Jarmo ? You hate us VR fans with a passion.  I would still lurk though as i do enjoy reading the speculation on Chinese Democracy. It is just fucking insane .
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2007, 10:55:44 PM »

why do you guys even come to this board if your only purpose is to complain about the way it is run??

Jarmo can have whatever rules he wants.    Its not your place to question them.     If you don't like it, no one is making you stay here.    Jarmo could make the most unfair ridiculous rules in the world if he wanted because he owns this website and you still make the choice to come here and post on it.   

this board isn't the right place for some people.   just like there are other GNR sites that wouldnt' be right for me.  I dont go to those sites jus to tell the admin I think their rules are bullshit and they run their boards wrong.   I simply don't support them.
darkdays_01
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2007, 10:58:07 PM »

Dude your right it is his site. It isnt about liking VR to me, i could give a shit less if you like them or not. The constant bashing of the original guys is what gets old.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2007, 11:08:35 PM »

Dude your right it is his site. It isnt about liking VR to me, i could give a shit less if you like them or not. The constant bashing of the original guys is what gets old.

regardless, it ain't about the original guys any longer.     People are going to have their opinions on what Steven Adler does or what VR does.    But you'd think that everyone here would at least be supportive of the band this board is here for, Guns N' Roses.

With that said, you'd be hard pressed to find many on this board that belittle or bash any of the original members accomplishments that were made while they were members of GnR.
darkdays_01
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2007, 11:15:18 PM »

regardless, it ain't about the original guys any longer.? ? ?People are going to have their opinions on what Steven Adler does or what VR does.? ? But you'd think that everyone here would at least be supportive of the band this board is here for, Guns N' Roses.

With that said, you'd be hard pressed to find many on this board that belittle or bash any of the original members accomplishments that were made while they were members of GnR.

I am supportive of the new guys. I may not be a huge Axl supporter but i am definitely just as curious to hear CD as any hardcore Axl fan. I am sure if it ever comes out ill get it day one just like all you hardcore guys.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2007, 11:23:55 PM »

Wow...love the last post man, classic Jarmo, here we are talking about changes in musical styles and I even brought in Metallica and showed an example with a band that kept it's lineup intact but changed their style. Response from Jarmo is basically "My way or the highway fucker" and then proceeds to say VR can't sell out shows. Great response. It's getting fucking sad dude. Get some new material. I'm actually starting to get emails from members now applauding me for standing up to you. For calling you out on your BS rules and dictatorship philosophies. People are getting tired of you trying to dictate what they can express and not express here. I have a feeling I'll probably just get banned soon because sooner or later but whatever. Hopefully more and more people will call you on your BS, I really don't have the time to continue this argument forever especially when you don't even that the time to read and process things and I just get your standard "Fuck you, VR suck and Axl rules response". Try mixing it up a little show some variety.

Good for you!

I explained it and gave examples. I've even addressed your issues.

Then when I asked you a simple question, you failed to answer! How surprising. Your tactic is always used be the people who can "outwit" me.

You can fucking get applauded all you want. I'm happy for your newly found popularity! Good for you!

The fact is, I never ever never ever ever ever made this site for you. I never thought "Hmm, how can I get more visitors? Maybe I need to be nicer and kiss some VR fans' ass?".

I'm just doing what I've always been doing. I say what I think and do what I think is right. Same old attitude I've had about this site for about eleven years now.

If others like what I do, fucking awesome. If not, well at least I got my integrity.

Got a problem with that? Applaud yourself and fuck off.

Sorry if you two VR fans are too sensitive and I'm being too mean to you guys. But it's the truth.

I couldn't care less what you two want this site to be.

I've explained everything in this post a hundred times, but people like you come here and think this site is yours to change for something you want it to be.

I don't know how other sites work. Maybe they let you decide who should be a moderator, who needs to be banned and what is cool.

This site isn't like that.

I'm not saying I don't appreciate feedback or suggestions, I'm saying these kinds of fans need to wake the fuck up.

Why the fuck do you have a VR section ?

I even answered it in this thread. AGAIN!

Why do you make yourself look dumb by asking it again?

I mean how many times have you been asked this Jarmo ?

You tell me. Because every time I answer it, it goes out somewhere and you don't remember the answer.

You hate us VR fans with a passion. 

Just because I think you two are clueless and have the attention span of a Gitanes cigarette, doesn't mean I hate you.

I just don't agree with the fact that you two think you have the right to decide how I run this site.

And I should just kiss your asses because you're waving your Freedom Of Speech banners.

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2007, 11:27:34 PM »

Small note, VR did sell out their show last night in Alabama.? But we starve for good rock n roll here.? It was a sell out none the less.?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 11:36:32 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
GeraldFord
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2007, 12:31:26 AM »

Wow...4 pages....

Back to topic...

If there is a third album, I think it'd come out in 2009. Just a guess....
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2007, 03:26:22 AM »

How in the fuck can you call the guys in VR washed up poseurs ?

Because they are ?

Calling a band that releases material washed up

The fact that they release material doesn't mean that they're not washed up. See Libertad's or any interviews from the band success for more information. Or their amazing performances for the moment ...

And i am not slamming all new Guns fans, there are some who may or may not like VR but still give the original guys props

I give props to the original band. I know who recorded the CD's I own. I know how I see when watching UYI videos and shit. I never have denied their part in the creation of the original material.

But now, after 15 years, I don't know what more can be said about the Illusion days. So yeah, I focus on what I love and have now : GN'R. The one who tours, the one with Batter, TWAT, The Blues, Maddy, IRS, Chinese Democracy, etc.

The one that kick ass.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2007, 07:27:49 AM »

This isn't the same board it was 11 years ago, even though I have only starting posting in the last half year doesn't mean I never visited this board before. I have visited this board since the start of it's existence. It used to be a great site for information and there was never any need to post anything but your agenda has changed drastically. Seriously dude, if that's what you want the board should be called the new GNR or something like that to reflect you only want people to comment on about six leaked songs and less than 100 concerts and to forget all the good times that helped create the legacy of GNR. I do agree that the new lineup of the band is what is the GNR of present, will it be what people remember when you mention GNR in 40 years, who knows. But that doesn't mean you can't have a combination of both. If it wasn't for the history behind the band only a handfull of people would even know who these guys are.

What I'm doing now isn't about what I want, it isn't even about you. It's about seeing what used to be one of my favorite boards go to shit and trying to do something to change that. This site used to be a site where you could come to and get useful information, now it's just a huge bitchfest where if you don't conform and post only about a limited timeframe and type of music you ostracized to no end. You're told to fuck off, that your stupid, that your opinion sucks, all discussions you have are hijacked cause certain people have agendas. It's just ridiculous, and then you get banned. I doing so you are essentially choosing who can post and not post on this board. If that was the case you should have just invited your friends and not let anyone post here. As far as I know, the internet is a public domain, and this board is on the internet so anyone should be able to post anything they want (within reason of course).

So what was the so-called question that you asked me, I'd be happy to answer any question you have.   
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2007, 08:37:00 AM »

As far as I know, the internet is a public domain, and this board is on the internet so anyone should be able to post anything they want (within reason of course).

Sure the internet is a public domain, but that doesn't mean that an owner of a website can't tell you that there are certain things you can't post. This is a privately owned board, so the owner makes the rules. We as members of that site can choose to follow the rules, or find another site to post on. We don't have the right to bitch and moan about the way things are run. It's not a democracy or majority rules scenario.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2007, 08:50:12 AM »

It's about seeing what used to be one of my favorite boards go to shit and trying to do something to change that.

keep fighting the good fight..

Jarmo is way more patient than I am.    I think most people would have already banned someone who was coming to their site to try to 'change' things and tell them how to run it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: