Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 08:34:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash on Ellen
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on Ellen  (Read 19254 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« on: September 27, 2007, 07:45:59 AM »

OK 1st off I know this should go on the old members section. But I feel many don't read that section often and would like to see the episode. It airs on Fri.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 07:55:24 AM »

Wow!  That's an odd choice.  I think Slash may "jump the shark" with that appearance.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 07:58:52 AM »

lol thanks for posting... although this will get out of here in some mins.  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 08:19:51 AM »

I just checked the listings and I don't see any mention of Slash.  Is he not a big enough celebrity to mention or is this an appearance that wasn't previously planned?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 08:24:38 AM »

Okay I get it, I found this online.

Friday, September 28
BEN STILLER

Slash's house is for sale, and Ellen takes you on a tour of it. Maybe you'll want to buy it.
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/thisweek/

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 05:12:35 PM »

Does any one remember a animated show on Comedy Central about "Robert Evans" and Slash was neighbor to him and woodland (name of bobs house)?

I loved that show i thought it was funny as hell and its better than the Sara Silverman show Roll Eyes

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 05:14:25 PM »

Slash being on Ellen is up there on the disappointment scale. Right around "Dream On" being used for a truck commercial.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 05:20:33 PM »

Does any one remember a animated show on Comedy Central about "Robert Evans" and Slash was neighbor to him and woodland (name of bobs house)?

I loved that show i thought it was funny as hell and its better than the Sara Silverman show Roll Eyes

peace

yeah that was awesome hihi
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 05:25:58 PM »

Okay I get it, I found this online.

Friday, September 28
BEN STILLER

Slash's house is for sale, and Ellen takes you on a tour of it. Maybe you'll want to buy it.
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/thisweek/

i dont think that means slash is appearing though, just his house. who knows...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 08:10:44 PM »

peace

Yeah finally some one know wtf i'm talking about, now if we could only remember the name of the damn show headscratch

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 08:34:39 PM »

peace

Yeah finally some one know wtf i'm talking about, now if we could only remember the name of the damn show headscratch
"Kid Notorious" is the name of the show.? That was funny seeing Slash in animation.? Here's a link to an article about the show which contains a picture of anime Slash.

http://www.rgj.com/news/printstory.php?id=54683

Not sure if I WANT to see him on Ellen.? At least he's not on as a guest, only a tour of his house.? That makes it a LITTLE easier to take.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 08:36:23 PM by faldor » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 08:54:35 PM »

OK 1st off I know this should go on the old members section. But I feel many don't read that section often and would like to see the episode. It airs on Fri.

so thats a reason to break the rules?  Slash left the band 11 years ago yo.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 09:45:20 PM »

peace

"Kid Notorious" is the name of the show.? That was funny seeing Slash in animation.? Here's a link to an article about the show which contains a picture of anime Slash.

http://www.rgj.com/news/printstory.php?id=54683

Not sure if I WANT to see him on Ellen.? At least he's not on as a guest, only a tour of his house.? That makes it a LITTLE easier to take.

Thats what it was, thanks for your help man ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
suicide
VIP

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 07:13:30 AM »

so thats a reason to break the rules?? Slash left the band 11 years ago yo.
If they mention Guns N' Roses, Axl Rose, the long wait for Chinese Democracy, 'Slash, the former guitarist for Guns N' Roses', or show a guitar or amp that was used during the recording of any of the GN'R albums, a GN'R pinball machine (featuring Axl Rose), a golden or platinum GN'R record or anything GN'R related than it was in the right section. Let's just wait and see.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 08:15:24 AM »

so thats a reason to break the rules?  Slash left the band 11 years ago yo.
If they mention Guns N' Roses, Axl Rose, the long wait for Chinese Democracy, 'Slash, the former guitarist for Guns N' Roses', or show a guitar or amp that was used during the recording of any of the GN'R albums, a GN'R pinball machine (featuring Axl Rose), a golden or platinum GN'R record or anything GN'R related than it was in the right section. Let's just wait and see.

wrong answer
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 09:52:30 AM »

I can't bring myself to tape the Ellen show, so if anything interesting occurs please share.

Jaeball104
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 11:47:03 AM »

i just saw it.... and all i can say to myself... is why??
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 01:18:50 PM »

can we get a clip of this please?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 02:01:07 PM »

Explain please.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 02:45:49 PM »

Explain please.

I think he feels it is amazingly lame for a rock guitarist to be on "Ellen", and I could not agree more. Especially if he is trying to pimp his house. I LOVE Slash, my favorite musician of all-time, but when I saw this thread it made me cringe.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: