Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:39:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  People with cats...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: People with cats...  (Read 10210 times)
thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« on: September 26, 2007, 03:13:26 AM »

So I'm pretty allergic to them... bad sneezing, watery eyes/itching, trouble breathing, etc. etc. etc.

But I bought one yesterday (although can't take delivery until friday) because it was pretty awesome looking. 

Here's what I'm asking... Is it true that you can supposedly get some sort of shot by a doctor once a month (or quarter or something) that will prevent the allergies from occuring?  I know Claritin-D also helps but..... Can you also just grow accustomed to it and the symptoms go away over time?

Thanks.

Rapture
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 07:12:52 AM »

I have 2, but i'm not sure... I'm not allergic.. Good luck though  ok
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 08:17:14 AM »

I don't know about a shot, but there is definitely a medicine you get from a doctor...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 08:45:59 AM »

If you kill the cat you'll be fine, I believe you can only be allergic to the cat once its alive, when its dead you'll have no reaction to it. I mean your cat will be less fun dead but it'll save you having a reaction.

You can always get a few bits of string and some sticks and turn the dead cat into a puppet and play with it that way. Agreed it will take some imagination but a puppet cat can be fun, and you would'nt have to feed it, clean up after it, or give it exercise. Its win win. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 08:54:03 AM by rds.06 » Logged

"to live with fortune and fame"
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 12:03:04 PM »

I have 4 cats and have never had an issue with them. It is very important to keep your place clean as possible regarding cat hair, that will help out a lot.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 02:38:07 PM »

I hate cats, i want them to die, they are creepy to say the least
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 03:09:27 PM »

Can you also just grow accustomed to it and the symptoms go away over time?

Thanks.

I have heard that this is possible....  There were certain cats when I was younger that used to make my eyes VERY itchy and red, but I've stayed with numerous people over the past few years who have owned cats and my reactions haven't been very strong, if I even had a reaction.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 03:14:23 PM »

I've had two different roommates who owned cats, and I'm allergic to cats.  I've found, for me, female cats are much more bearable.  I don't know if it's just my allergies or cats in general, but the females cause me very little problems.  The males are unbearable for me to be around, though.

I also found that I did build up a tolerance, but if I ever pet the cats, I had to make sure I washed my hands afterwards, and if I was around them for more than a few hours, it would start to bother me.   The main thing was to make sure they stayed out of my bedroom and I washed my hands after touching them.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 03:36:06 PM »

I used to be allergic to cats back 10 years ago. couldn't stand to be around them for more than a few minutes. but now we have 2 cats, and I would say the allergy is about 85% gone. we have one female and one male, and I don't sense any difference in the two. I never have an allergic meltdown anymore due to the cats, but there are a very few times when my eyes and nose get a little bit runny.

otherwise, I suppose you can get some medicine against it. like I have medicine for my pollen allergy in the summer, Im sure there are meds against cat allergy.

good luck! they're definately a lot of fun to have around the house, especially if it's a hyper little fucker like our male!
but they can be damn annoying sometimes too Grin
I hope you have several rooms, cos you should limit where they can go. when I get a house instead of a very open apartment, Im not gonna let them into the kitchen (other than for their meals) and the bedroom. as much fun as they are, it's not funny when they walk all over the kitchen counter with their dirty feet, and leave a heap of hair in the bed. the latter one will definately be bad for your allergy, as you might wake up in the middle of the night with an allergic fit.
other than this ( Grin), they're fun, and not much work to keep. peace
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 03:42:32 PM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 04:05:34 PM »

If you kill the cat you'll be fine, I believe you can only be allergic to the cat once its alive, when its dead you'll have no reaction to it. I mean your cat will be less fun dead but it'll save you having a reaction.

You can always get a few bits of string and some sticks and turn the dead cat into a puppet and play with it that way. Agreed it will take some imagination but a puppet cat can be fun, and you would'nt have to feed it, clean up after it, or give it exercise. Its win win. Smiley

though, after a while the rotting stench would not outweigh the occasional sneeze.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 05:35:50 PM »

i like cats, i think they're fun curious little creatures that are cute and can be tought to shit in a little box Grin

i have 2 cats as well and don't have problems with allergies until this time of year or spring (cause the mixture of things in teh air and what not.......) other than that i'm fine. But if your not for sure go to the docter and ask Smiley

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 06:19:24 PM »

Can't teach a dog to shit in a box......... yes

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 08:30:32 PM »

Yes you can. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 09:46:45 PM »

Yes you can. 

If you can teach my dog that I'll give you $1000  hihi

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 10:09:19 PM »

wow.  you people rule.  thank you.  i'm probably not going to murder the cat like chad suggested, but i'll for sure love it & hang out with it. 

taking everyone's advice closely.  thanks, even chad's.  made me laugh.

Rapture
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 12:11:01 AM »

can you post a pic for us to see your new kitty? Grin

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 01:56:41 AM »

can you post a pic for us to see your new kitty? Grin

yeah, yeah, yes definately.  thank you for asking.  i actually pick her up on friday... i guess the store said she's still too young to be sold, so last monday, they said "come back next friday and you can take her."  so i bought her on the monday and take delivery (haha like it's a car or something) this friday.  !!!

Rapture
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 02:39:01 AM »

Can you also just grow accustomed to it and the symptoms go away over time?

Thanks.
Yes you can, like someone else already stated, keep your house clean of cathairs, and brush them on a regular basis, this will prevent the piling up of the dead skinparts. Also bath them "reguraly" say twice a year (you can use babyshampoo for that). I the beginning it could get really bad with your allergy, but as you didn't say you where also allergic to other things i think you can be fine after a while. Though i would recommend having some anti-allergic pills in reach for when it gets too bad...but don't use them as prescriped otherwise you will never get over it.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 06:34:06 AM »

Wow, you assholes who want to kill them... I hope to christ you're joking... I could give a shit if you dont like them... But to want to kill them for that reason is sick....
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 06:57:32 AM »

I hate cats, i want them to die, they are creepy to say the least

Talking about a creepy cat.

I was walking my dogs with a girl, so there just happened to be this stray cat.

So I figure I got two dogs, the cat will move.

But no! The thing was straight from that King-book Pet Sematary, first the sound was something i never heard before, then it attacked me and my dogs, so I yank my younger dog closer, since to her all cats are friends. So I'm slowly backing away and the cat is attacking, I try to kick it, but miss since I got one dog who want to chase it and one who, I can't even guess, maybe cuddle with it.

Finally there's no option than to retreat- which turns to a run with the freaking cat from hell chasing us.

I'm thinking I'll buy a gun.

The girl got nightmares (of the cat!) and I got....

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: